PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher combos?

holmwood
Jan 9, 2013, 05:33 AM
So Im getting a little tired of charge tech spams and wanted to spice things up a bit.

Has anyone found an innovative way to incorporate damage techs into their gunner combos that ACTUALLY does decent damage?

This problem arises with other techer hybrids as well, but at least hunter has umbrella/falcrow with in built tech damage that allows techs to deal decent damage with it.
^^;

Courina
Jan 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
ATK PP Restore from Gunner and PP Restore from Techer

SPAM DAT REBELION!!

well rumored mirage make your target weakening more from element it weak on... not sure how to combine tech and gunnery...

and if about combining tech, isnt better using force as sub? techer more effective for self buffer/healer

AoiChi
Jan 9, 2013, 11:58 AM
I tried this combo before and I saw techs as more of a multi-target means of offense. You can just use your mechs as a means of restoring PP and single/pin-point offense. I found Gizonde, Gifoie, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Gigrants to be readily accessible. I haven't tried the other offensive techs yet but I'll readily suggest that you use only the ones that target more than one target easily. Nothing like Foie, Zonde, Barta, and Grants.

Of course, having Resta and Anti ready would be very nice as well. If you have Shifta and Deband, that's even more of a plus.

In other words, GU is more of a single-target DPS. FO/TE is more of a multi-target DPS. You can easily move from one side to the other if you have the appropriate techs. Also, the fact that GU/TE (or GU/FO) have more efficient options of canceling teching animations with Mechguns, this makes them even harder to touch. Also, having access to healing and support techs makes this combo inexpensive to maintain. So, if meseta's also an issue, use this combo. He he!

holmwood
Jan 9, 2013, 01:12 PM
ATK PP Restore from Gunner and PP Restore from Techer

SPAM DAT REBELION!!

well rumored mirage make your target weakening more from element it weak on... not sure how to combine tech and gunnery...

and if about combining tech, isnt better using force as sub? techer more effective for self buffer/healer
Well yes, it is better to have Fo as sub. But Im trying to get away from the charged tech spam. Maybe gunslash/mechgun+atk pp restore +pp restorate may justify uncharged spamming of sazonde or razan granted you can quickly swich between that and your main force weapon.

I tried this combo before and I saw techs as more of a multi-target means of offense. You can just use your mechs as a means of restoring PP and single/pin-point offense. I found Gizonde, Gifoie, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Gigrants to be readily accessible. I haven't tried the other offensive techs yet but I'll readily suggest that you use only the ones that target more than one target easily. Nothing like Foie, Zonde, Barta, and Grants.

Of course, having Resta and Anti ready would be very nice as well. If you have Shifta and Deband, that's even more of a plus.

In other words, GU is more of a single-target DPS. FO/TE is more of a multi-target DPS. You can easily move from one side to the other if you have the appropriate techs. Also, the fact that GU/TE (or GU/FO) have more efficient options of canceling teching animations with Mechguns, this makes them even harder to touch. Also, having access to healing and support techs makes this combo inexpensive to maintain. So, if meseta's also an issue, use this combo. He he!
I see! So I guess Ill just use techs for mob killing and twin machinegun+shifta for boss fights. ^^;

Thank you very much. :grin:

Idolon
Jan 9, 2013, 03:46 PM
Also, if you have aerial advance, Razan is a quick way to launch something into the air.

Courina
Jan 9, 2013, 10:10 PM
wish there's free class wand... when anything get closer, smack

Magus_84
Jan 9, 2013, 10:16 PM

I'm running Fo/Gu on my main, for the reasons you mentioned. That, and I like mechguns.

Idolon
Jan 10, 2013, 03:43 PM
Another useful combo is uncharged megiverse > elder rebellion (or any other quick, hard hitting attack). It restores about half my health and it's much faster than charging tests, but you can't do it if you're low on pp.

Skye-Fox713
Jan 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
Do note that your offensive tech's will be lacking a little bit in power with force/techer subbed compared to force/techer main. While I have not done this I would suggest Having Ranger/gunner abilites on your ranged weapons like mizer soul, then for your armor using Fo/Te abilities on your armor like range soul to boost your T-atk for more effective tech and resta while using ranged weapons. Because there will be a noticeable difference in how much resta heals and how much damage techs do between using a Tatk weapon and not.

HU/FI with a FO/TE sub have it really nice in this regard because of Quartz soul that is a Satk soul that gives bonuses to Tech 3 while affixing items.

The way I use sub techer is to drastically reduce my dependency on items with Resta and Anti in addition to the shifta/deband for buffs. The offensive techs are just icing on the cake.