PDA

View Full Version : 9/1/2013 where is the new field?

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 07:43 AM
Where can I find this new field?

Macman
Jan 9, 2013, 07:45 AM
Get lucky.

RagolianHunter
Jan 9, 2013, 07:45 AM
You cannot, it finds you randomly.

BIG OLAF
Jan 9, 2013, 07:58 AM
Yup, something else based on Randomly Generated Numbarz. What fun.

suzaku0zero0
Jan 9, 2013, 08:10 AM
So it's random afteri enter a ark or free quest? Ori need to go to area 2 or 3?

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 08:14 AM
So it's random afteri enter a ark or free quest? Ori need to go to area 2 or 3?

At the start of a quest, the camp ship gets taken over.

FacelessRed
Jan 9, 2013, 12:25 PM
Yup, something else based on Randomly Generated Numbarz. What fun.

Don't be a downer maaaaan.

This kind of RNG is A-OK.

jooozek
Jan 9, 2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah man, don't be a downer just because you might not see Darker Den this year!

DoubleCannon
Jan 9, 2013, 01:09 PM
What are the new finds in this new area?

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 01:15 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-where-darkness-gathers-part-3-01092013/

Laxedrane
Jan 9, 2013, 03:58 PM
You cannot, it finds you randomly.

In soviet Russia area multi-parties you!

Tajima Hirago
Jan 9, 2013, 04:28 PM
Here is a 50 minute vid of someone that got abducted. Darkers Den looks pretty neat.

http://ja.twitch.tv/st_mamizu/c/1825509&usg=ALkJrhigNvZ-g2TCyG44Obxi6pjqtIsYGw

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 04:30 PM
It seems like a lot of these captures are when people are planning to do TA.

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 04:40 PM
That team wasn't half bad either. 3:17 and they were moving to boss, most likely a sub-4 time. Which reminds me, I should probably improve my 3:52. qq

EDIT: So I've been reading around. Getting "den'd" ONLY activates in the TA quests. It has a chance to happen everytime you S-Rank clear ANY quest. After the countdown says "GO", the gate doesn't actually open and the screen goes red and you are sent there. The Darker's Den looks fun because you actually have to kill to progress... If only the rest of the game was like that. :/

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 04:50 PM
It seems like a lot of these captures are when people are planning to do TA.

I suppose this thing that abducted Arks have in common could have something to do with Rankings/marathon missions...but it seems like an odd move to me to link content to a part of the game that the population at large has repeatedly proven itself not to give a damn about. At this point, I'd call it a coincidence until more data comes in.

WBMike
Jan 9, 2013, 04:58 PM
Yep, after checking twitter and the wiki there's definitely seems to be a correlation between TA and the abduction event. So try making a TA party and see if you get abducted as soon as the countdown finishes. S rank clear a quest then start a TA quest. Make note whether you received Koffee's message or not.

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2013, 05:05 PM
If this statistically shows to be the best way to make it happen, I'll be spamming all dai e'ry dai.

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 05:09 PM
That video... is the voice that speaks everyone's chat a function in pso2?

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 09:03 PM
Does the abduction for TA have to be in VH?

As in, do I have to be starting a VH TA for a chance of abduction?
And what if my party members don't have koffie's "elite" warning?

yunamon
Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 PM
"In PSO2, you don't find the fields, the fields find you!"

Laxedrane
Jan 9, 2013, 11:22 PM
but it seems like an odd move to me to link content to a part of the game that the population at large has repeatedly proven itself not to give a damn about.

The fact that almost all the other new content coming out is "Single-party area only" would like to have a word with you.

Anyways it kind of makes sense. I wasn't expecting NPCs to be allowed to be taken there. And TA's seem to be like a good way of forcing that condition on top of preventing the player from just being abducted without properly being prepared.

Xaeris
Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 PM
I don't see how you mean. There was plenty of interest in at least the mini boss missions for the purpose of farming their rare spawns. It's not like parallel areas got people to do stuff like Rare Ore Excavation or Distress Signal Investigation.

Angelo
Jan 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
I suppose this thing that abducted Arks have in common could have something to do with Rankings/marathon missions...but it seems like an odd move to me to link content to a part of the game that the population at large has repeatedly proven itself not to give a damn about. At this point, I'd call it a coincidence until more data comes in.

I got the abduction message and I've done a total of 1 TA missions the entire time I've played.

jooozek
Jan 10, 2013, 04:29 AM
I've never cleared any TA on the account I'm playing now and still got the message

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 04:44 AM
I got the message as soon as I logged in, and my girlfriend too, and in no way we are "elite" doing the TA rankings. <_< I suppose it takes lots of variables.

About clearing wirth S rank then doing a TA, do TAs count in that S rank? like, I do a TA then another and I can get the mission?

Z-0
Jan 10, 2013, 05:16 AM
Yes, you can S-Rank a TA then do another TA to get abducted. That's how the first ones were found, by players who were just running the TAs for a while.

zerolegends
Jan 10, 2013, 05:37 AM
So the Mystery still isnt solved and just based mainly around the TAs?

Darki
Jan 10, 2013, 06:37 AM
Yes, you can S-Rank a TA then do another TA to get abducted. That's how the first ones were found, by players who were just running the TAs for a while.

Meh, did all the VH ones in S rank and not a single den was given. I guess that's a new motivation for TACOs.

Reiketsu
Jan 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
Interesting, I guess I'll just do some TA later and see if something happens...
When it was shown in the trailer how the campship was taken over and started to shake, it actually showed a party trying to do TA, so I guess doing TAs should have been obvious from the start :/