PDA

View Full Version : Arks Clones Encounter

Engeline
Jan 9, 2013, 11:29 AM
I ran into arks clones during a tunnel run on hard mode. I have never died so many times in one run. Fighting forces is a pain! Anyone else think they're a bit to overpowered? :(

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 11:44 AM
I ran into arks clones during a tunnel run on hard mode. I have never died so many times in one run. Fighting forces is a pain! Anyone else think they're a bit to overpowered? :(

The forces that attacked you musta been geared pretty good to mop the floor with you like that.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 9, 2013, 11:46 AM
Forces. What did you expect?

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 11:49 AM
n00bz

Engeline
Jan 9, 2013, 11:56 AM
The forces that attacked you musta been geared pretty good to mop the floor with you like that.

I hope they do something about that..Otherwise Arks clones is going to become the new code avoid. lol

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 12:10 PM
I take 1 damage from FO clones on my FO/FI. \o/

Z-0
Jan 9, 2013, 12:11 PM
From what it sounds like though, clones don't scale down their stats on lower difficulties so lower levels are getting murdered, lol.

Gama
Jan 9, 2013, 12:23 PM
ok, as a fi/te

do i stand a living chance against these monsters?

notachick
Jan 9, 2013, 12:26 PM
Took a few hits to get them down but I found them pretty easy.

Alenoir
Jan 9, 2013, 12:28 PM
Supposedly the default clones SEGA have are kinda easy. The actual player clones are a different story or something.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 12:38 PM
I just thought of hilairious while making lunch... When a Fighter that uses Knuckles are attacked by a big boobed clone if one was to go to shoulder view and punch at the fun bags... *laughs so much I can't finish what I was gonna* Boooobie punch crit!!!

Reiketsu
Jan 9, 2013, 12:50 PM
From what it sounds like though, clones don't scale down their stats on lower difficulties so lower levels are getting murdered, lol.

I was actually wondering about that... So is it actually possible to meet a clone of a lv 50 guy with the best equipment in-game on normal? And there are like no tweaks to his level and stats or something?
Then again, even if his level was reduced, he'd still have the super equipment...

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 12:56 PM
They could just use the same thing they use to nerf the hell out of npcs stats when you bring them with you

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 12:57 PM
I had weak bullet planted on me and I thought how fucked I was.

Sure once they expend their weak bullet and kill you, your teammates can just ress you and they go in cooldown, but when you're alone it is frustrating.

Even moreso when you have to start at the beginning of the map and have to travel all the way to their location again.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2013, 01:36 PM
Does it happen in Single Party areas only?

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2013, 01:59 PM
They could just use the same thing they use to nerf the hell out of npcs stats when you bring them with you

I...actually hope they "don't" do anything to nerf/scale them.

*goes to level my level 17 gunner* Bring it, b*tches! :lol:

Infinity Series
Jan 9, 2013, 02:02 PM
my teammate said that he got hit by safoie for 600

dont know if he's serious or not

otaku998
Jan 9, 2013, 02:21 PM
Sega feeds us to be OP, just for this day. Our OPness is biting us back in the ass

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 03:39 PM
Do they occur in mpa or single area only?

The ones I encountered were first area of tranmizer.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 03:47 PM
For those crying about the clones you stop being sissies and read your opponent also if you cant go toe to toe with yourself theres something wrong D: speaking of clones the worst case scenario would be going up against a clone of someones character who has all three defensive stats beefed up so much the hits tickle.

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 03:54 PM
Seems like they spawn in single party areas only.

otaku998
Jan 9, 2013, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LJvfWRQAKY

this one has two vids about clones, but i can't tell if the areas are single party.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 9, 2013, 04:10 PM
First Encounter with Code Clone - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LJvfWRQAKY)

this one has two vids about clones, but i can't tell if the areas are single party.

Coordinates are in blue, so it's a single party area.

otaku998
Jan 9, 2013, 04:12 PM
Ah i see, so confirmed to be Single area party only. That is pretty specific lol.

Saffran
Jan 9, 2013, 04:34 PM
No, I got clones in the new falz hunar emergency mission.
I kept doing 2 damage (3 on critical hit) with my mechguns (some 8 stars, not quite powerful) and about 20 ish with PA attacks. Then burn hit them for 333 damage a pop and after like 6 minutes I got rid of it.
It was a weak one I guess, though, because zan hit me for 1 damage (I did get mirage effect though). Actually, gigrants did that too. (did get confused)
He dropped a tri-impact lv10 and a sphere.

Daiyousei
Jan 9, 2013, 04:35 PM
LOL my video

Also not to mention that these codes are destroying the Photon Sphere prices.

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 04:37 PM
No, I got clones in the new falz hunar emergency mission.
I kept doing 2 damage (3 on critical hit) with my mechguns (some 8 stars, not quite powerful) and about 20 ish with PA attacks. Then burn hit them for 333 damage a pop and after like 6 minutes I got rid of it.
It was a weak one I guess, though, because zan hit me for 1 damage (I did get mirage effect though). Actually, gigrants did that too. (did get confused)
He dropped a tri-impact lv10 and a sphere.

Area 1 and 3 are single party areas. Area 2 is not, so did you encounter them there?

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2013, 04:37 PM
From a leveling perspective, that's awesome. 75% EXP boosters will be stupid easy to get in large quantities meaning super easy leveling.

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 04:47 PM
From a leveling perspective, that's awesome. 75% EXP boosters will be stupid easy to get in large quantities meaning super easy leveling.

Do boosters work on ecode exp?

Reiketsu
Jan 9, 2013, 04:47 PM

I'm fine with that, lol
Already bought a few 75% booster xD

Do boosters work on ecode exp?

They do.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 05:14 PM
Fought a group today as HU/FO and I think I died twice. was 2 FO 1 HU/RA and a 4th I never even saw cause I was to busy Sonic Arrowing the 2 FO. I got wacked to dead by a elder rod lol.

The ra did surprisingly 1 damage per rifle JA...till WB applied, then it suddenly did 450 per hit. That was my second dead and the last too. It's also nice to see they swap weapon pallete's. That Ra that killed me pulled out Ruins Gloam to Over End after WB. At least they have better AI then mobs.

I also wonder if their AI is based on what you gave your NPC when registering it. Anyway it was good fun and can catch you off guard cause you never know what your dealing with but its not that extremely hard.

Oh yeah forgot to add their Def is insane. I tried to Heavenly Fall 1 of the FO. Did a whooping 128 damage. Sonic Arrow did like 286. I like this cloning. Send out more!

Mystil
Jan 9, 2013, 05:19 PM
Quite sure a clone of my character can 1 shot me.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 05:20 PM
Fought a group today as HU/FO and I think I died twice. was 2 FO 1 HU/RA and a 4th I never even saw cause I was to busy Sonic Arrowing the 2 FO. I got wacked to dead by a elder rod lol.

The ra did surprisingly 1 damage per rifle JA...till WB applied, then it suddenly did 450 per hit. That was my second dead and the last too. It's also nice to see they swap weapon pallete's. That Ra that killed me pulled out Ruins Gloam to Over End after WB. At least they have better AI then mobs.

I also wonder if their AI is based on what you gave your NPC when registering it. Anyway it was good fun and can catch you off guard cause you never know what your dealing with but its not that extremely hard.

Oh yeah forgot to add their Def is insane. I tried to Heavenly Fall 1 of the FO. Did a whooping 128 damage. Sonic Arrow did like 286. I like this cloning. Send out more!

It would be even funnier if it copied your playstyle as well xD

Kirine
Jan 9, 2013, 05:23 PM
It would be even funnier if it copied your playstyle as well xD

I've had a clone use weak bullet on me then his teammate rained down grants, which franky... anything + weak bullet is an instant kill.

I find gunners and FOs hard to evade. Their PAs, especially when they use elder rebellion, grants, or even rafoie seem to hit 100% of the time.

Gunners aren't too dangerous initially but those small chunks of 20 damage adds up to 190+ that is hard to avoid unless you run behind an obstacle.

Once you have WB on you and they use elder/grants/rafoie, it's over. It's over... end!

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 05:28 PM
I've had a clone use weak bullet on me then his teammate rained down grants, which franky... anything + weak bullet is an instant kill.

I find gunners and FOs hard to evade. Their PAs, especially when they use elder rebellion, grants, or even rafoie seem to hit 100% of the time.

Gunners aren't too dangerous initially but those small chunks of 20 damage adds up to 190+ that is hard to avoid unless you run behind an obstacle.

Once you have WB on you and they use elder/grants/rafoie, it's over. It's over... end!

Wow.... If I wasn't so astounded I'd be laughing til I start coughing cause of lack of oxygen and I look forward to finding a clone in normal mode xD

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2013, 05:29 PM
It sounds like if you don't have the right setup, HU and FI are pretty weaksauce. I might put nothing but Sonic Arrow, Speed Rain, Straight Charge, and Tornado Dance on my FI/HU just to be incredibly obnoxious.

Agastya
Jan 9, 2013, 05:29 PM
i liked the part where a level 26 foney(?) clone took 1278 damage per burn tick.

StoopidRyoko
Jan 9, 2013, 06:01 PM
I ran into my first Code Clone today as well. I was on an alt running the subdue Fangulf on hard mode playing as a lvl 22 FO/RA. The clone was of the player using Lambda Hyperion and a Sato mag. When the code spawned I was instantly hit with the Wired Lance PA that grapples you from afar and slams you into the ground. Instant KO.

I came back and spammed Megid for poison ticks until she got low enough but her sato kept healing her for 8k and 16k. Longest fight ever.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 9, 2013, 06:08 PM

Since you brought this up, were you able to launch/knockdown them at all? Did they even flinch if not? Sounds annoying for Fighter or Hunter if you can't :/

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 06:13 PM
Since you brought this up, were you able to launch/knockdown them at all? Did they even flinch if not? Sounds annoying for Fighter or Hunter if you can't :/

Yes, you can make them flinch.
Also, the new 10* unit that drops from them. Special effects like the units at the excube shop, but no lucky rise or anything.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7711/pso20130109160051000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2013, 06:13 PM
I kept the clone in the air the entire code

Fleuret
Jan 9, 2013, 06:17 PM
Yes, you can make them flinch.
Also, the new 10* unit that drops from them. Special effects like the units at the excube shop, but no lucky rise or anything.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7711/pso20130109160051000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Oooh that's what I'm trying to get. I've only fought a few clones but I hope to get it soon. It would look nice in black costume I think.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2013, 06:30 PM

They act like a normal monster kinda for that stuff. Zondeel works. Heavenly fall lifts them too. Not sure if you can status effect them. If so its basically frighten dagans on steroids lol

Bellion
Jan 9, 2013, 06:34 PM
Burn or Poison is your friend. Inflict those ailments on them.

Yunfa
Jan 9, 2013, 06:35 PM
Just so you guys know, FOs are able to cast Zondeel works on YOU as well, I was hit with Safoie for 550, then a Gunner got near me and hit me for 100 a hit...x6 times.

I'm totally digging this~

yunamon
Jan 9, 2013, 07:08 PM
For those crying about the clones you stop being sissies and read your opponent also if you cant go toe to toe with yourself theres something wrong D: speaking of clones the worst case scenario would be going up against a clone of someones character who has all three defensive stats beefed up so much the hits tickle.

I met those beefers during the Falz H unar EQ yesterday... All my PAs hit for only like 100+ damage...

Then again it's 4 vs 4... I dodge like crazy since I'm a GURA...

I noticed their HP is waaaaaaayyyy OP...

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2013, 07:25 PM
I met those beefers during the Falz H unar EQ yesterday... All my PAs hit for only like 100+ damage...

Then again it's 4 vs 4... I dodge like crazy since I'm a GURA...

I noticed their HP is waaaaaaayyyy OP...

Rofl waffle :3 *Hands you a slice of pink cake with matching frosting* I hope to have my character like that :P

Saffran
Jan 9, 2013, 07:26 PM
I didn't notice the 3rd area was single party - my clone fight was indeed in single party then. Actually it was like one room before Falz.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 9, 2013, 07:29 PM
They act like a normal monster kinda for that stuff. Zondeel works. Heavenly fall lifts them too. Not sure if you can status effect them. If so its basically frighten dagans on steroids lol

Ah, I only brought it up since there are a couple "human" fights in story quests. They don't flinch and it's rather annoying.

Grifs Astoni
Jan 9, 2013, 07:46 PM
I encountered a clone code in A3 with 2 party members during the new EQ with two HUs, a FO, and a GU. Tried to deal more than 100k damage within a few secs and they were still standing. I instantly imagined Woody's rape face from their faces at that moment.

Syklo
Jan 9, 2013, 08:59 PM
Whoever fights my clone would be pretty annoyed if they spam zan.

Wind resist beeyatch~
And ice resist but who uses ice anyway?

Question: Can you panic clones and get them to fight each other?

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2013, 01:19 AM
I was actually wondering about that... So is it actually possible to meet a clone of a lv 50 guy with the best equipment in-game on normal? And there are like no tweaks to his level and stats or something?
Then again, even if his level was reduced, he'd still have the super equipment...

Was playing my second Hunter (level 37), on the Fongulf quest first area, hard difficulty. Encountered a Force clone named フィルシィ with the purple sparkling wings and the 10 star wand "God Staff Tsukuyomi".

She was unable to get spells off if she was being constantly hit or knocked down, but whenever she got a spell off it was virtually instant death for my bot party and I. She was dealing out ~150 damage per RaBarta hit, ~500 Zonde, ~580 Megid, ~250 per Zan hit. Even if I managed to dodge out of the spells, I'd get hit by their explosions or a followup Zonde.

Judging from the spell selection, I'm pretty certain that it uses the spells you have assigned, probably in the same way that partner bots do.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 02:08 AM
Was playing my second Hunter (level 37), on the Fongulf quest first area, hard difficulty. Encountered a Force clone named フィルシィ with the purple sparkling wings and the 10 star wand "God Staff Tsukuyomi".

She was unable to get spells off if she was being constantly hit or knocked down, but whenever she got a spell off it was virtually instant death for my bot party and I. She was dealing out ~150 damage per RaBarta hit, ~500 Zonde, ~580 Megid, ~250 per Zan hit. Even if I managed to dodge out of the spells, I'd get hit by their explosions or a followup Zonde.

Judging from the spell selection, I'm pretty certain that it uses the spells you have assigned, probably in the same way that partner bots do.
I hope the clones are able to use all subpalettes in their book....or else I have to decide between making my clone easy to kill or omgwtfhaxxor

Aquayoshi
Jan 10, 2013, 02:11 AM
Me versus my clone would be no contest. An inferior copy could not hope to best me. Other people's clones ganging up on me, however... *shudders at the thought of a RA WBing me while a FO or TE hammers me with techs*

Dycize
Jan 10, 2013, 02:49 AM
Here's a tip to fight FOclones : partizans.
Yesterday I got to fight a FOclone with Maisen that killed me due to confuse + freeze + how was I still alive after that I don't know.
So I started attacking with my fastest viable weapon (gunslashes might work too, but damage is going to be low) and surprise, the AI's not too smart there.
Each partizan hit will make the FOclone flinch, after which they'll try to charge a tech, so they don't move out and get flinched again in the middle of the charge. So you can just dash > step attack > attack attack attack with speed rains in between, it works wonders as long as you don't somehow miss an attack.

I can't wait to fight my clone, because it'll be a looong battle (I'm a defense focused build, so yeah, hope people will have a poison weapon).

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 02:51 AM
Since clones are susceptible to all status effects, it is possible to constantly spam Stun Concide or Quake Howling and end up with a constantly disabled opponent.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 02:57 AM
Since clones are susceptible to all status effects, it is possible to constantly spam Stun Concide or Quake Howling and end up with a constantly disabled opponent.
Or panic and let them fight each other.

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 03:00 AM
Or panic and let them fight each other.

I think it's a lot more reasonable to keep stun up than panic up.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 03:02 AM
I think it's a lot more reasonable to keep stun up than panic up.
Haven't encountered any of this new patch content yet so I can't judge for now.

Just suggesting~

Acel
Jan 10, 2013, 03:15 AM
Wow so many of you guys already got the quest? Ive been resetting quest maps the whole day in the camp ship and got nothing?! How you guys get it to pop anyway? Does it appear while you are in the quest field OR the moment you enter the camp ship? I just dont get it?!

Also, if the clones are THAT good as some of you guys have claimed. Then my final clone product will be such a pain to everybody if anyone would to encounter it. Here's a sample of what one of my lowbie clone is capable of doing:

PSO2 Friend Partner AI Bug/Glitch - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcaGk5v8ktQ)

Ce'Nedra
Jan 10, 2013, 03:38 AM
Wow so many of you guys already got the quest? Ive been resetting quest maps the whole day in the camp ship and got nothing?! How you guys get it to pop anyway? Does it appear while you are in the quest field OR the moment you enter the camp ship? I just dont get it?!

Also, if the clones are THAT good as some of you guys have claimed. Then my final clone product will be such a pain to everybody if anyone would to encounter it. Here's a sample of what one of my lowbie clone is capable of doing:

PSO2 Friend Partner AI Bug/Glitch - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcaGk5v8ktQ)

THis is us fighting clones in random quests, not the darkers den quest that randomly appears.

My clone fight was in A1 of Transmizer btw

Finalzone
Jan 10, 2013, 04:12 AM
Let see. Now that clones provide decent challenge, whining keeps coming.
*eating popcorn and laughing*

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 10, 2013, 04:14 AM
It's funny because they arn't a challenge at all.

They're rather stupid and don't know how to respond to those in the air/above them

Angelo
Jan 10, 2013, 04:28 AM
Well looks like Sakai's thinly-veiled attempt at seeing our response to Battle Mode was a success.

Bravo.

If every game did something like this to warm us up to PvP there'd be a lot less moaning.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 04:37 AM
Fought my first 2 clones.
1st one spawned out of nowhere and zan-charged me right in the face: instant KO

The 2nd one was a hunter with some pretty insane defense.....if that poison didn't kick in for 1147 a tick, it'd take FOREVER TO COMPLETE (made me deal around 80 dmg per hit).

Feels great to know they're susceptible to the exact same weaknesses as a normal player, especially being prone to aerial beat-ups.
Twin daggers ftw!

So they weren't much of challenge

Agastya
Jan 10, 2013, 05:20 AM
Well looks like Sakai's thinly-veiled attempt at seeing our response to Battle Mode was a success.

Bravo.

If every game did something like this to warm us up to PvP there'd be a lot less moaning.

i'm sure that battle mode would be great in this game with all the instant kills we could bust out on each other now that ata doesnt exist

not to mention client side hit confirms and whatnot

itll be just as bad as psobb battle mode if youre taking it even remotely seriously, if not worse

(in before 'lol taking pso battle mode seriously')

Macman
Jan 10, 2013, 05:34 AM
Ran into a couple clones during the Hunar EQ. One was a Techer that safoie'd me a couple times for 80% of my HP. The other was a Fighter with a Gwana Double that Deadly Archer'd me while I was trying to heal. Instant death.

Acel
Jan 10, 2013, 06:05 AM
It's funny because they arn't a challenge at all.

They're rather stupid and don't know how to respond to those in the air/above them

The problem is many people do not know which or what AI setting to choose with what weapon for enemies in the air. I have no problems with my Friend Partner AI against air mobs... AT LEAST give them a gunblade to fall back on if you do not know what to set, the AI will use THAT to tackle airborne enemies if you didnt give them anything else to use...

Ps: those with aggressive character traits will use the gunblade in blade mode and those that are more evasive will use gun mode...simple enough?

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 06:08 AM
Let see. Now that clones provide decent challenge, whining keeps coming.
*eating popcorn and laughing*

"Challenge" = "Flinch or be flinched"

okay

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2013, 06:14 AM
Don't whine that they're too hard...

The "hard" things are what keep the game interesting...

And they're really not that game breaking. Or difficult, but even if one can tear your shit up, that's just one. >_>

Whine about something like this game having terrible RNG or something.

Cyclon
Jan 10, 2013, 06:17 AM
"Challenge" = "Flinch or be flinched"

okay
You do realize that with the flinching system as it is(aka how it's always been), any kind of difficulty in this game would have led to the same results right?

I'm not going to go on a campaign against the flinching in this game. But I really thought everyone realized it was flawed.

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 06:32 AM
Don't whine that they're too hard...

The "hard" things are what keep the game interesting...

And they're really not that game breaking. Or difficult, but even if one can tear your shit up, that's just one. >_>

Whine about something like this game having terrible RNG or something.

Being one-shotted upon them spawning is interesting? This isn't a bullet hell, this is PSO2.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 06:44 AM
You do realize that with the flinching system as it is(aka how it's always been), any kind of difficulty in this game would have led to the same results right?

I'm not going to go on a campaign against the flinching in this game. But I really thought everyone realized it was flawed.

Whatever your point is, I'm not getting it.

This is a game where one hit can easily and often does lead to having zero control of your character as you watch multiple attacks slash you for smidgens of health leading to death. Alternatively, an attack will do 90% of your health in one go, and will frequently "glitch" and register as hitting twice (hi quartz dragon).

Avoiding hits is not a "challenge," it's just a reason to play a long range class and merely stay out of range. The balance in this game is becoming abundantly and hysterically clear as players are only threatened by long range clones which can flinch you outside of arm's reach, and are essentially untouched by close range clones.

If your point is that challenge can't be achieved without flinch (I really can't tell from that wording), I can count a few dozen games that I've played over the decades that do not use flinch as an artificial challenge. Like, I don't know, most of them. If your point is the end result is the same, I'd like to know when games without flinch make you watch your character stumble for 10 second strings of attacks which deal 10% of your health.

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2013, 06:45 AM
Being one-shotted upon them spawning is interesting? This isn't a bullet hell, this is PSO2.

They move really slow and there's only one for each nearby player and not ALL the ones you meet are going to 1 shot you if you're strong enough to even get to vhard.

The only thing I'd really be complaining about is a level 50 clone popping up on normal mode. And even then you could just run away and try not to get hit. A few RPG dungeon games do have that one super monster that will pop up every now and then and completely destroy you if you don't run from him. But if you ARE strong enough to kill him he'll drop an assload of money/items.

In this case I made like 1.5 mil today selling drops I got from clones.

I do agree with giga that flinching thing from EVERY monster in this game is bullshit. But for this clone thing in general I think they're SUPPOSED to be "hard." Otherwise non-"elite" players would be getting cloned too.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 06:47 AM
AFAICT it's 1 per player in the party. Multiple times I found 4 clones in a locked MPA when one of our 4 party members was in the arks lobby.

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2013, 06:51 AM
AFAICT it's 1 per player in the party. Multiple times I found 4 clones in a locked MPA when one of our 4 party members was in the arks lobby.

YEW BETTA CALL SOMEBADDEH!!!!!!!

Also edited original post. >_>

My point is, if you're strong enough or have a good there's way to beat em, but if you're weak and alone, then run. That's probably how they wanted it...

Especially if it's a caster, listen for that casting chime. >_>

anyway I think it's the ONLY good and YES "interesting" part of this update... not that they added much.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 07:08 AM
I'm surprised you guys are complaining about the current FLINCH mechanic....

seriously? it's perfectly fine...
add i-frames to flinch and then there'd be no reason for combos.

(I-frames on knockdown (when getting up), like it is now, is also perfectly reasonably fine).

mommy_cornelia
Jan 10, 2013, 07:20 AM
Just fought my first clone. It was a GU... each shot did 20 damage... but it only hit me once.

Did like 3-4 Heavenly Fall and then it died... I tought they had OP HP? >w>

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 07:25 AM
I'm surprised you guys are complaining about the current FLINCH mechanic....

seriously? it's perfectly fine...
add i-frames to flinch and then there'd be no reason for combos.

(I-frames on knockdown (when getting up), like it is now, is also perfectly reasonably fine).

Well, yeah, that's kind of what I'm getting at.

As they are, they're BS and annoying, and actually DETER playing a close range class. Since the point is to not be hit, and you're more likely to be hit at close range, it's easier to be lazy at long range than it is to be dodge crazy at close range. The risk:reward is out of line, is what I'm saying.

It was clear before the clones, but not a big deal. It's much clearer now that force and ranger clones pose a moderate threat at medium-long range, yet you can simply walk around in circles to keep perfectly safe from melee clones.

Iframes, all that would resolve it completely, but they're not in the game so it is as-yet unresolved.

Anyway, only the pre-made NPC's have crazy HP. They were probably equipped with defense out the ass. Actual players, however, very rarely gear up that way.

Cyclon
Jan 10, 2013, 07:26 AM
Whatever your point is, I'm not getting it.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point was that you cannot have combat challenge(that's what people are asking for right?)that doesn't involve flinching at all in this game, and thus as difficulty increases, the game becomes more and more unfair because of it. This is easily seen when going from MPA-ing as a ranged class to soloing as melee.
Of course, flinching isn't the only problem, but it's one of the more obvious ones, and would be pretty easy to fix.

Avoiding hits is not a "challenge," it's just a reason to play a long range class and merely stay out of range. The balance in this game is becoming abundantly and hysterically clear as players are only threatened by long range clones which can flinch you outside of arm's reach, and are essentially untouched by close range clones.
Some classes are easier to play than others, yes. This is hardly a problem as long as they aren't far more efficient as well, which still tends to be the case, sadly. It has gotten better with time though.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 10, 2013, 07:36 AM
Just fought my first clone. It was a GU... each shot did 20 damage... but it only hit me once.

Did like 3-4 Heavenly Fall and then it died... I tought they had OP HP? >w>

But...you and Heavenly Fall are both stupidly OP. That's got to account for something, right? Right??? :V

Rien
Jan 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
Today I used Double Saber Gear's kamaitachi on a clone.

The flinch spam they went through was rather... interesting.

Agastya
Jan 10, 2013, 08:14 AM
The balance in this game is becoming abundantly and hysterically clear as players are only threatened by long range clones which can flinch you outside of arm's reach, and are essentially untouched by close range clones.balance? what balance? since when were the online ps games, or just online games in general, meant to be challenging/balanced in pvm? theyre more about atmosphere, thats why you can get so powerful so quickly (depending on the game). some things will consume you the first few times you fight them but once you understand what to do they become laughable.

monsters stop being a threat and you either quit, keep farming pvm monsters to take part in the economy, or you move on to pvp. it just so happens this game doesnt allow you to be a part of the economy without paying sega and it doesnt have pvp. even if it did it wouldnt have functionally decent pvp anyway because its mechanics are based around pvm and everything would go straight to hell in a pvp environment.

its best to just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is. if you're going to get angry at anything, get angry at the fact this is just yet another addition attempting to discourage solo play and randomly kill new players.

and even then, i'm a new player that mostly solos due to bad time conflicts with my friends and it hasnt annoyed me yet, mostly since i ran into a default npc clone that was killed effortlessly. thanks for the sphere, jerk

otaku998
Jan 10, 2013, 08:24 AM
They spwn at single party area, they spwn base on the amount of player in party, mean if you are alone it will just spwn a single clone. And a single clone is way easy to fight, if this was an attempt to discourage solo play they should make it 4 everytime.

People just have to dissect every new update in a negative way somehow, which in turn kill their own enjoyment for the game. Just enjoy it casually like me is the best, i sometimes get mad at the rare not dropping but that's about it. Played the game ever since it first launched OBT and till now i don't have to much complain about. May be i am too easy but then again this is just game, no need to be so serious.

Cyclon
Jan 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
balance? what balance? since when were the online ps games, or just online games in general, meant to be challenging/balanced in pvm? theyre more about atmosphere, thats why you can get so powerful so quickly (depending on the game). some things will consume you the first few times you fight them but once you understand what to do they become laughable.
I can admit that online PS games were never meant to be balanced in pvm(not online games in general, that just isn't true) but challenge as always been an important part of these. And then again, them not being balanced was pretty bad since you compete with other players, and being underpowered will just get you frustrated . Balance isn't unimportant by any mean in an online game.

monsters stop being a threat and you either quit, keep farming pvm monsters to take part in the economy, or you move on to pvp. Your reasons for playing aren't the same as those of everyone else in the world. At the very least they clearly aren't the same as mine.

if you're going to get angry at anything, get angry at the fact this is just yet another addition attempting to discourage solo play and randomly kill new players.
Why would they want to discourage solo? They encourage multiplayer(far too much, too), that's different.
Yes, this ultimately discourages solo play, but that's probably not their goal.

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2013, 12:56 PM

Forgot to say that it took a long time to kill the clone. I also saw the original フィルシィ today. Same gear as the clone, with Technic 3, Soul and Boost on every unit and weapon. I don't think those carryover if it's like friend partners, though.

yunamon
Jan 10, 2013, 10:21 PM
There are some default clones tho... http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3

All named after numbers in various languages.

Acel
Jan 11, 2013, 05:13 AM
Didnt some website state that the clones dont spot mags? I guess they were wrong... >.>

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2013, 06:16 AM
Didnt some website state that the clones dont spot mags? I guess they were wrong... >.>

wiki info comes from human beings.

TaigaUC
Jan 12, 2013, 07:22 AM
My friend (43-RA/8?-GU)and I (43-RA/45-GU) were on our way to Falz Hunar (VH difficulty) when a FI/TE and FO/?? clone team suddenly spawned and instantly killed us both (600+ damage) within 1 second of their spawning. The code text hadn't even displayed yet. I didn't even see a spell effect or anything. Just died. My friend said there was an explosion, so it was probably RaFoie. The Fighter was wielding a yellow double saber and the yellow Rappy Suit, whilst the Force had the sparkly purple wings and Dark Falz's feathery wand.

When we ran back, the Force clone had teleported near to the entrance, whilst the Fighter wandered around near the end. The Force refused to attack anymore and simply ran around doing nothing. After 5 minutes of dealing 50 - 150 damage a shot and weak bullets seemingly resisted, we gave up and went to fight Falz Hunar.

Halfway through fighting Falz Hunar, the Fighter suddenly teleported to us and chased us around on foot with regular Double Saber strikes dealing a measly 50 or so damage, as well as a weak Gigrants. More a nuisance than anything else. As we were short on time, we killed Falz Hunar, ignored the clones and left. The end.

Honestly, the clones I've fought so far weren't fun to fight. When they aren't one-shotting everyone, we're stunlocking them for 5 - 10 minutes.

Midori Oku
Jan 12, 2013, 10:16 AM
We ran into clones, and guess who decided to pop up with them?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/pso20130112_062641_007_zps8626b1dd.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Jan 12, 2013, 12:14 PM
Me, obviously. \o/