PDA

View Full Version : Game which one of these psp games shall be my psp2 replacement

adonis565
Jan 9, 2013, 11:58 AM
So far there is lord of arcana, valhalla knights 2 battle stance, dynasty warriors strike force and that's it for games that have leveling loot and 3rd person view

Mantiskilla
Jan 9, 2013, 07:52 PM
Strikeforce is pretty fun and Lord of Arcana (although combat is slow and kinda clunky) is alright as well. Both are a lot more fun to play however if you play on ad hoc party with other people. If i didn't lose all my save data for both of those games I would help you out well for LOA at least since I no longer own the PSP version of strikeforce since I got the PS3 version now. I would suggest God Eater Burst though

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2013, 11:21 PM
It doesn't matter what you pick. You'll come back to PSP2. I, at least, haven't found any games that can scratch that itch. Lot of them are good games, but it always ends up with me going back to PSP2(i).

If you haven't tried it already, get Valkyria Chronicles II. One of the best PSP games available. Period.

blace
Jan 9, 2013, 11:43 PM
I would have to say God Eater Burst as well, aside from it being similar to Monster Hunter, it has a similar element to the PSP2 in that you can bring NPC's with you as well as give out commands similar to what you can do in PSP2. It's terribly underrated all due to how similar it is to Monster Hunter.

SDrift
Jan 10, 2013, 12:29 AM
Frankly? Those three are some of the better choices in the PSP roster as far as leveling, gameplay and such goes. I would also recommend, like the others, God Eater Burst and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 as well for some extra variety. However, I will also add to my recommendations the Warrior Orochi series (Hack and slashy goodness, just need a bit of getting used to how the camera works.) and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (If you ever played a Tales game, you will feel right at home, but it is a nice little rpg.) I would also add in one of the Naruto games for the psp buuuut my decision on that is still up in the air..

Also, if you ever want a person to hop on in on one of those games, just ask! I got those games as well! :3

Weeaboolits
Jan 10, 2013, 08:17 AM
Lord of Arcana is a bad game, don't get that.

adonis565
Jan 10, 2013, 11:06 AM
Frankly? Those three are some of the better choices in the PSP roster as far as leveling, gameplay and such goes. I would also recommend, like the others, God Eater Burst and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 as well for some extra variety. However, I will also add to my recommendations the Warrior Orochi series (Hack and slashy goodness, just need a bit of getting used to how the camera works.) and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (If you ever played a Tales game, you will feel right at home, but it is a nice little rpg.) I would also add in one of the Naruto games for the psp buuuut my decision on that is still up in the air..

Also, if you ever want a person to hop on in on one of those games, just ask! I got those games as well! :3

How is valkyria chronicles 2 is it an action rpg that you can keep coming back to?

Randomness
Jan 10, 2013, 12:20 PM
How is valkyria chronicles 2 is it an action rpg that you can keep coming back to?

Basically a turn based strategy game, with unit movement handled in an FPS style fashion (select unit from map, zoom in to their viewpoint, run, do something, run some more, repeat). RPG elements are between battles, in spending the accumulated cash and exp from battles to improve units (Unit classes as a whole, actually - with a couple exceptions in the weapon category, you can't pick a single person and upgrade just them).

There's other fine details - individual people have various passive traits (both good and bad, but mostly good) that differentiate them, and different stats (mainly HP and accuracy, damage is more a weapon/class thing).

Oh, and if you care, you can use Emilia from PSP2 via either password or having save data. I mean, they put Vyse and Aika in the first game.

In short, Fire Emblem mixed with FPS games. And tanks.

The story is a tad lacking, but the customization is superior to the first.

SDrift
Jan 10, 2013, 01:41 PM

Random pretty much summed it up in a nutshell, but I have a bit of a better view of the story due to the characters themselves. It does have that 3rd person view as well, but its more so strategy than full blown action. Still fun to play though and its something that can bring me back from time to time.

Mike
Jan 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
The Untold Legends games. the White Knight Chronicles: Dogma Wars game, Dungeon Siege 2, and Bounty Hounds might pique your intrest. The Untold Legends games are so-so action rpgs in the style of Diablo but since enemies scale with you so there's really no sense of getting stronger as you level up. Dogma Wars is interesting, especially if you like the PS3 series, but grindy. Dungeon Siege 2 is probably the best Diabloesqe game on the PSP. Proper leveling, classes, skills, and loot. It's buggy though. Bounty Hounds is one of those hidden gems from early in the PSP's life. It's more action than RPG but features exp, skill tree, a hub system reminiscent to PSO's, and multiple difficulty levels with a connected story.