PDA

View Full Version : Will the Western PSO2 match up?

ShadyLane14
Jan 9, 2013, 01:10 PM
Will the PSVita Phantasy Star 2 players have access to all the bounus features, extras, downloads, and all the other things that the Japanese version as gotten since its release?

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2013, 01:14 PM
It's highly unlikely we'll have all the content at start, or even the Vita version

Shadowth117
Jan 9, 2013, 01:34 PM
Lets put it this way, Phantasy Star Universe was released at roughly the same time in the US and Japan. However, the US aka international servers ended up being more than a year and a half behind in terms of content due to localization coughbullshitcough. In addition, the US servers never even GOT a number of things that the Japanese version of the game was able to get for whatever reason.

That's just ignoring the portions of it that can be blamed partially on the plaftform the US version was played on in the end. I don't know if a Vita version will ever be released in the US, especially as Sega hasn't even mentioned the US version period in months, but I wouldn't be crossing my fingers. Coming from someone who played both the English and Japanese releases of PSU for a reasonable amount of time, I would highly recommend playing the Japanese release if you're worried about getting all of the content.

Seany1990
Jan 9, 2013, 02:01 PM
I think NA will be very lucky to even get the Vita version.

Darki
Jan 9, 2013, 03:58 PM
I think NA will be very lucky to even get the NA version.

Fix'd

UnLucky
Jan 9, 2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah, if the fabled English release doesn't have subclasses if/when it launches, I'm not even going to bother

Blastifyys
Jan 9, 2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, if the fabled English release doesn't have subclasses if/when it launches, I'm not even going to bother
yea same here subclasses is a must

SolRiver
Jan 9, 2013, 06:35 PM
Even since the PSO days, non-japanese get shafted. (but because all ships are connected, we can easily go to JP ship... unless you are talking about episode 3 where card distribution are quite different)

History tend to repeat itself. Sega was a bigger company back then.

Yunfa
Jan 9, 2013, 06:38 PM
I can imagine all the "couples" cyboring it up in the lobbies, or advertising pr0n sites like the 360 servers on floor 4. LOLOL ENG servers~~~~

Cagedtaytay
Jan 9, 2013, 07:30 PM
I can imagine all the "couples" cyboring it up in the lobbies, or advertising pr0n sites like the 360 servers on floor 4. LOLOL ENG servers~~~~

Oh man that was the shiet.
Just go to the 4th floor for some free entertainment. xD

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2013, 07:59 PM
With how they are being quiet about the progress the game I just hope we get the game. I rather this not end up like PSP2: Infinity. =/

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 12:13 AM

I really hope Sega monitors and polices this heaver then they have been in past games, it is shameful and harmful to the community how some people act on the lobbies, and it shames me to say I am of the same nationality as them -.-

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2013, 12:36 AM
To the original question-

In all probability, no.

Macman
Jan 10, 2013, 05:16 AM
PSO2West: Where every block is block 20!

Nexoz
Jan 10, 2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

We'll probably have to wait for new content but that's common with F2P games localised from different countries like Japan/Korea.

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 12:11 PM
PSO2West: Where every block is block 20!

Offline 90% of the time?

Noblewine
Jan 10, 2013, 05:26 PM
I really hope Sega monitors and polices this heaver then they have been in past games, it is shameful and harmful to the community how some people act on the lobbies, and it shames me to say I am of the same nationality as them -.-

I highly doubt they will do anything look at how psp2 turned out.
It be a miracle if we even get a game.