PDA

View Full Version : Consistent treasure boxes

Garrett_TD23
Jan 9, 2013, 09:20 PM
Has anyone noticed that certain treasure boxes are very consistent with what they drop? For example: In a certain treasure box room in Mines 1 you can always find a mag. I've also noticed certain boxes that will always have a moon atom, telepipe, monomate, but I'm talking more on the line of the good stuff like grinders, materials.

I've played through the "Fake in Yellow" quest many times and it may apply to that Forest map in general, but alot of times I can find a Material in a group of 4 boxes behind a gate in the last rappy area.

On the same quest, in the last area where you talk to the man in the rappy disguise, near him is a small group of boxes that seem to drop grinders frequently.

Cricket
Jan 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
It is roughly based on your section ID, what most frequents from box drops. But even then I've found things my ID's usually don't. My Pinkal is doing fake in the yellow to find a real agito, and shes mostly found a lot of material but hardly any grinders. Try out the section ID topics on the left menu on this site, they are almost 100% accurate in what you can expect from your characters ID.

Kroniedon
Jan 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
You have 2 types of boxes. Static drop and non-static drop. Static drop will always drop a particular item, and if I'm not mistaken, the mag box in mines is a static drop. Of course there's a few variations of the mines map which is loaded when you access it, so whether that static drop is there or not depends on the map that PSO decides to load (this is for non-quest runs only. Quests load up their own map file.). The rest of the drops are purely based on your section ID, just like enemy drops. Each main area has their own drop charts (except for boss areas which actually use the box drop for the area ahead of it... i.e. dragon has cave box drops.).