PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Help on Te/Hu.

Terrence
Jan 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
Greetings, everyone.

I know this is a common asked question but I'm not sure if the reason why I chose HUnter as my Sub-Class is valid. So, I would like a little help if some players were kind enough to advise me.

I'm currently using a TEcher with Wand Gear which works great in combinaison with Light weapons (50 attribute) and Light Techniques. I don't use Light Techniques to attack even if I do quite a great work with them. I use them to inflict Panic, to lock mobs (Ragrants makes wonders) and then come close and unleash the power of my Wand Gear. I really like my gameplay and my damage output is not bad but I want to be more resistant...

So, I decided to take HUnter as my Sub-Class in order to get Flash Guard 1 & 2, Automate Halfline and Flash Tech Guard too. Here's the SKILL TREES (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?eAIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbInnl4QI 2cFfJk00007b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000f4OdqldHXJ200 00) I chose. Do you think it's viable or am I taking a totally wrong path ? Is it better to focus on my Units only ? Or are those Skills not as bad as I heard ?

Thanks. Regards !

Blundy
Jan 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
in my limited experience people tend to always favor offense over defense in this game due to the mentality of being able to be invincible so far as your skill is invincible through dodging/ect.

however, i tend to like defensive things as i know i'm not perfect and will screw up from time to time, anywhoo~

looking at your tree it seems find if you never ever plan to be a mainclass hunter, though keep in mind to level your subclass are going to have to be a main class hunter so you may or may not have a terrible experience without step attack.

just looking at numbers flashguards are supposedly quite powerful because they scale directly with how strong your enemies are and should be capable of reducing quite a bit of damage.

i'm a huge fan of halfline because i hate pausing to heal in hectic situations.

i dont think anyone has said the skills are "bad"

another thing to look at which would be "cheaper" sp wise is to instead invest in iron will + halfline which apparently is a very easy way to cheat death consistently so long as you are not unlucky.

i'll leave any more solid advice for someone better experience but i see no issues with tanky techer.

UnLucky
Jan 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
If your Techer tree is done, it's unfortunate you can't get Deband Cut, since that's 15% reduction for all damage types, which could take 20 points from Flash Tech/Guard (I think they're 20% each, but close enough) and put them into Iron Will and some JA Advance or something.

They're not bad, and way better than Guard Stance at least, but most people would max out the JA Advances first and foremost. If you're serious about being melee, I'd suggest that as well.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 10, 2013, 09:02 PM
I'm one of those people who thinks skill level > defense and that we should always be looking to improve.

However if you want to be a bit more beefy HU is probably your best bet. I'd take UnLucky's advice though and go JA Advance for added damage and iron will before the flash guards. Iron will at rank 10 gives you a 75% chance to survive a fatal blow as long as your HP is over 1. That's pretty hard to top.

I'd also try to get all my gear with at least ragne soul and stamina II. that will add 60 HP to your pool for each piece of equipment for a total of 240 extra HP. if you get the ragne armor on top of that you'll end up having a bonus of 360 HP added to your base. You'll be a pretty tough nut to crack.

Also I say Ragne soul because it gives 20 HP and 30 T Atk and T Atk affects the damage from your wand gear as well as your techs.

ShilohSham
Jan 10, 2013, 10:29 PM
If you want bulky TEHU then follow this

http://tinyurl.com/bfm8ydd

While it nice to go glass cannon and think that you should "skill> def stats"
like 95% of PSOW think you should do

(then they whine about about Clones are really strong lol)

But that just how I play my Te/Hu

but keep in mind I'm mainly a Ra/Te or Te/Hu unless my group need dmg then I'm an Te/Fi

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 10, 2013, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry what? Clones are a joke.

Coatl
Jan 11, 2013, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry what? Clones are a joke.

Not sure what clones you are fighting but I've been delt 700 damage from a FO clone.
Was a good day to be a cast.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 01:44 AM
And what is your tech defense? you're not one of those people who equips those ridiculous S def armors that ONLY boost S def are you?

Coatl
Jan 11, 2013, 01:48 AM
I had like 880ish s-def. It's crazy how Falz's hyper beam hits me for less than a FO clone can.

The default clones I heard were a joke, but the clones of actual players are not funny at all lol.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 01:51 AM
it did 700 damage to you with its rod? or with a tech?

...and how do you only have 880 S def?

Rien
Jan 11, 2013, 02:01 AM
Tech, obviously.

I've been struck for 800 damage from a clone's Samegid.

I'm glad I have 811 hp.

Coatl
Jan 11, 2013, 02:01 AM
Caseal RA/FI brings me to about 1003 s-def 975 r-def 826 t-def.
I meant I had 880ish t-def, but it's actually much lower.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 02:05 AM
I dunno, I haven't been hit like that by them yet. few 300s sure but no 700s. not that I couldn't survive that.

Tech, obviously.

I've been struck for 800 damage from a clone's Samegid.

I'm glad I have 811 hp.

when someone responds with "S def" when I asked for "T def" questions must be asked.