PDA

View Full Version : So you know what Sega is doing on there Facebook PSO page

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 10, 2013, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that Sega has been deleting posts for the last month of all the people that have been asking "Hey Sega, where is that info about PSO2 coming to America" To the point where they just killed off the posts since the start of the new year.

So ya. Kinda sucks.

The Walrus
Jan 10, 2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah it's been said. Sad really

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Actively deleting posts huh...
Wow

realdomdom
Jan 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
Maybe it was considered spam? Just a thought.

eharima
Jan 10, 2013, 03:15 PM
Or look at it as there is someone ACTIVELY monitoring the page that really wants to tell you what they know, but can't because hands tied.

Someone should compromise the account and put
SOON

As the status. Heh

Noc Codez
Jan 10, 2013, 06:24 PM
That is so sad.. No info but hey let's delete people's post that ask for a release date.. Same old SOA.. They used to do that same thing on the PSU forums.. Some good players got banned from the psu forums just because they complained about lack of content.. Things never change.. They can honestly stick NA PSO2 up well you know.. I'll be staying on JP because I refuse to get treated like a red headed step child again from SOA

Daiyousei
Jan 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
Then again, there is an automatic spam deleter filter that probably works by looking for posts that appear quite common with the same content and automatically deletes them, and since a large number of people are posting stuff like this in a short amount of time, I wouldn't be surprised that the spam deleter picks it up.

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2013, 06:27 PM
...and yet people will still defend them. It's pretty clear how terrible they are at the point. Abundantly clear, even.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 10, 2013, 06:33 PM
I don't give a shit about SoA anymore.
I just want the game so I can play with my friends and girlfriend who don't want to play JP.

Miwako
Jan 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
To be honest, I stopped looking for anything having to do with the NA launch... It's BS, they have killed off half the player base that already had even the slightest thread of faith in them at all... Destroy the player base and they have no game... I rather wait on a game that keeps me updated on what they are doing and shows pride in their product that they are representing... SoA shows no pride in anything so why waste my time with them at all...

Ryokai
Jan 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'm staying on the Japanese servers unless by some miracle they actually don't wreck PSO2's english version like they did PSU.....

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 10, 2013, 09:01 PM
it has to be some type of filter, I posted something and it was gone instantly

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
This thread made me browse through the FB page, which has a ton of non-deleted posts (so it should be a filter), and it led me to this comment on the sega blog about pso2:
[spoiler-box]Step up to the challenge? Mr. Katalio, I’m not sure you’ve actually read anything I’ve said. Just because you say you are throwing down the gauntlet does not mean a gauntlet has been thrown down. That’s not how this works.

First, I can’t answer every question about this game. I’m not a developer and I’m not here to divulge everything about it — I am a community manager and that’s my role; I can talk with you about information we have made public about the game in the West. That’s it. If I did more than that, I would not be working here anymore. So you can call me out all you want, and demand answers, but that doesn’t mean I can give them to you.

Does this make sense? I am not just *choosing* to not tell you what you are asking. We have announced this game and you are demanding a list of specifics we are not ready to discuss. I cannot set the schedule on how to discuss these things — we will discuss everything we can, when we can. That’s not me avoiding the question; that is the actual answer. I am sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s where we are at. You’ll find this is true for every major game from every major publisher.

Second, I literally never said what you are saying I did about free to play. In fact, I said the opposite. Mr. Katalio, please. This is not a political election. Let’s not play that game. Here is what I have said: Free to Play games have changed dramatically even in the past year — major AAA titles are now free to play, and that is the arena one competes in with a F2P title. *In my opinion, it puts the competitive onus entirely on the publisher/developer; a player can leave at any time so to keep something good and compelling, no one can depend on a monthly subscription.*

There is a lot of feeling in the gaming community that subscription games are a license to keep users going from month to month. I don’t feel this way, and customers can and will leave a subscription game if they are not pleased — but that hardly matters what just I think — I understand the sentiment and I see the point. What I have said, multiple times, is that a free to play game means that the game itself has to be up to snuff. It means all those questions about content are such that if the content is not there, then the game has no revenue. No one is hanging on just to see what might happen in another week. They simply go elsewhere, and don’t play, and don’t pay. And the more people do that, the fewer might return even if what they want is added.

In other words, the game needs to be good, and it needs to meet expectations in a reasonable way. We all are aware of PSO2 in Japan and that’s clearly what is setting the expectations, at least in part — my opinion is this is a wonderful game, but of course, you don’t need to take my word for it.

If you want to ignore the answers I have given you, that’s fine, but I am not suddenly going to divulge all details. The game will come out when it comes out and we will do our absolute best to make it something fans are happy with and want to play. That’s our job! And that is my response now. If you want to ask about information we have already discussed, that’s one thing, and I will be happy to discuss that with you. If not, then my answers will not be changing from what I have already given.

Posted by Edward@Sega on December 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm[/spoiler-box]
I bet most of you have read this already, but it's still interesting.

Laxedrane
Jan 10, 2013, 09:43 PM
Oh man, it sucks that Sega being tight fisted with info but I really applaud Edward for that post. It sends a very clear statement, It's not Sega of America we need to bitch at or complain about it's the person leading the project.

As someone who works in retail and constantly sees customer blaming the person in front of them instead of going to the people restraining their hands I feel for him.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
He actually looks like he grew a spine there. Shoulders poised, eyes forward...hilarious.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
This thread made me browse through the FB page, which has a ton of non-deleted posts (so it should be a filter), and it led me to this comment on the sega blog about pso2:
[spoiler-box]Step up to the challenge? Mr. Katalio, I’m not sure you’ve actually read anything I’ve said. Just because you say you are throwing down the gauntlet does not mean a gauntlet has been thrown down. That’s not how this works.

First, I can’t answer every question about this game. I’m not a developer and I’m not here to divulge everything about it — I am a community manager and that’s my role; I can talk with you about information we have made public about the game in the West. That’s it. If I did more than that, I would not be working here anymore. So you can call me out all you want, and demand answers, but that doesn’t mean I can give them to you.

Does this make sense? I am not just *choosing* to not tell you what you are asking. We have announced this game and you are demanding a list of specifics we are not ready to discuss. I cannot set the schedule on how to discuss these things — we will discuss everything we can, when we can. That’s not me avoiding the question; that is the actual answer. I am sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s where we are at. You’ll find this is true for every major game from every major publisher.

Second, I literally never said what you are saying I did about free to play. In fact, I said the opposite. Mr. Katalio, please. This is not a political election. Let’s not play that game. Here is what I have said: Free to Play games have changed dramatically even in the past year — major AAA titles are now free to play, and that is the arena one competes in with a F2P title. *In my opinion, it puts the competitive onus entirely on the publisher/developer; a player can leave at any time so to keep something good and compelling, no one can depend on a monthly subscription.*

There is a lot of feeling in the gaming community that subscription games are a license to keep users going from month to month. I don’t feel this way, and customers can and will leave a subscription game if they are not pleased — but that hardly matters what just I think — I understand the sentiment and I see the point. What I have said, multiple times, is that a free to play game means that the game itself has to be up to snuff. It means all those questions about content are such that if the content is not there, then the game has no revenue. No one is hanging on just to see what might happen in another week. They simply go elsewhere, and don’t play, and don’t pay. And the more people do that, the fewer might return even if what they want is added.

In other words, the game needs to be good, and it needs to meet expectations in a reasonable way. We all are aware of PSO2 in Japan and that’s clearly what is setting the expectations, at least in part — my opinion is this is a wonderful game, but of course, you don’t need to take my word for it.

If you want to ignore the answers I have given you, that’s fine, but I am not suddenly going to divulge all details. The game will come out when it comes out and we will do our absolute best to make it something fans are happy with and want to play. That’s our job! And that is my response now. If you want to ask about information we have already discussed, that’s one thing, and I will be happy to discuss that with you. If not, then my answers will not be changing from what I have already given.

Posted by Edward@Sega on December 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm[/spoiler-box]
I bet most of you have read this already, but it's still interesting.
Until now I thought that no one from SoA has said anything at all about PSO2 since September, so that comment dated at December 13th is completely new to me, I'm checking the facebook page now and I'm not being able to find it (so much spam). o-o;

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 10:01 PM
It's not Sega of America we need to bitch at or complain about it's the person leading the project.

Who works for Sega of America

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
Until now I thought that no one from SoA has said anything at all about PSO2 since September, so that comment dated at December 13th is completely new to me, I'm checking the facebook page now and I'm not being able to find it (so much spam). o-o;
HERE YOU GO (https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2/posts/313228252110578)

Controversy!
SEGA HAS SPOKEN!

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
HERE YOU GO (https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2/posts/313228252110578)

Controversy!
SEGA HAS SPOKEN!
Hmm, well, whoever made the schedule to give out news about the english version did a pretty bad job at it then. :\
Thank you for the link.

Vintasticvin
Jan 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
So instead of complaining to SoA we need to focus our flames of hatred and desposition at SoJ?

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 10:12 PM
So instead of complaining to SoA we need to focus our flames of hatred and desposition at SoJ?
It could still be SoA's fault, there's the possibility that it's SoA's higher ups that aren't allowing the community managers to present more news about the game.

Laxedrane
Jan 10, 2013, 10:24 PM
It could still be SoA's fault, there's the possibility that it's SoA's higher ups that aren't allowing the community managers to present more news about the game.

Edward specifically said the developer. Correct me if I am wrong but that would be the original developer of the game. A branch or another company(I do know sometimes another company is hired to translate and/or distribute) would not call the lead person on that project a developer, would they?

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 10:42 PM
Edward specifically said the developer. Correct me if I am wrong but that would be the original developer of the game. A branch or another company(I do know sometimes another company is hired to translate and/or distribute) would not call the lead person on that project a developer, would they?
Well, by saying that he's not a developer, he's a community manager and can only reveal info that he's allowed to reveal, I think he's just saying that a developer can reveal any info about the game, not that revealing more info depends on the developer.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 10, 2013, 11:04 PM
Localization teams are part of development.

Anyway the only word we've gotten now is "no it's not canceled"

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2013, 02:07 AM
He actually looks like he grew a spine there. Shoulders poised, eyes forward...hilarious.

You're kind of gonna have to man up when dealing with SEGA fans.

SEGA fans are the worst.

What other kind of people would be crazy enough to be SEGA fans.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 11, 2013, 02:40 AM
Point taken.

UnLucky
Jan 11, 2013, 02:41 AM
Does this make sense? I am not just *choosing* to not tell you what you are asking. We have announced this game and you are demanding a list of specifics we are not ready to discuss.
Then say that in the first place, otherwise yes that's choosing not to say anything. Why is SoA so dense?

Really, it's common practice to say "Sorry, we cannot divulge that information at this time" not absolutely nothing at all for months. "Wahh, all these people keep asking us questions, maybe if we just ignore them they'll go away??"

I really hope there was a lot of red tape preventing this verbose nothing from finally coming out, and not just pure neglect.

Kuronen
Jan 11, 2013, 02:52 AM

Okay, let's say SoJ is telling SoA they can't release any information.

"We are still working on it guys, you aren't forgotten."

Explain to me how something like that would, in any way, be against SoJ's "Do not release any information" policy if it is indeed the issue at hand?

There is a huge difference in giving out data/dates/etc, and just telling your fans it's still being worked on and they haven't been left in the cold.

Once more, SoA is dropping the ball. ^^;

Laxedrane
Jan 11, 2013, 04:05 PM
Okay, let's say SoJ is telling SoA they can't release any information.

"We are still working on it guys, you aren't forgotten."

Explain to me how something like that would, in any way, be against SoJ's "Do not release any information" policy if it is indeed the issue at hand?

There is a huge difference in giving out data/dates/etc, and just telling your fans it's still being worked on and they haven't been left in the cold.

Once more, SoA is dropping the ball. ^^;

They did say that though.

The game will come out when it comes out and we will do our absolute best to make it something fans are happy with and want to play. That’s our job! And that is my response now.

To ezo,
Hmmm and I guess. I mean I really don't know anything about the development of games outside the extremely condensed info Extra Credits gives on it. Unless SoA is helping to develop or actively contributing to new content. I wouldn't imagine you would need more then programers, translators, and story-board people to simply port the game.

Seany1990
Jan 11, 2013, 04:08 PM

Well, by saying that he's not a developer, he's a community manager and can only reveal info that he's allowed to reveal, I think he's just saying that a developer can reveal any info about the game, not that revealing more info depends on the developer.

It was just an excuse, you're reading too much into it.

xSeeJay
Jan 11, 2013, 04:30 PM
The amount of people spamming on their FB about the english version of PSO2 is unbelievable.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 12, 2013, 02:28 AM
The amount of people spamming on their FB about the english version of PSO2 is unbelievable.

indeed, it overwhelmed my daily requests for AmEx to return as a payment method that doesn't chew 30% more of my $$$$+^_^+

Magus_84
Jan 12, 2013, 02:35 AM
Then say that in the first place, otherwise yes that's choosing not to say anything. Why is SoA so dense?

Really, it's common practice to say "Sorry, we cannot divulge that information at this time" not absolutely nothing at all for months. "Wahh, all these people keep asking us questions, maybe if we just ignore them they'll go away??"

I really hope there was a lot of red tape preventing this verbose nothing from finally coming out, and not just pure neglect.

Ignoring questions that they don't want to answer has been their standard operating procedure for years. Then, when they do finally get to the point of not being able to ignore, it's usually an artfully-crafted act of doublespeak like this one.

But past isn't always precedent. Just usually.

Seany1990
Jan 12, 2013, 07:32 AM
But past isn't always precedent. Just usually.

In this case it is

Noblewine
Jan 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
I assume they are still deleting stuff on their Facebook page? *Shrugs*

Nicktendonick
Jan 13, 2013, 02:55 AM
What we really need to do is get into the company and prevent all this stuff from happening.

You know, get jobs in Sega Of America and change it for the better. SoA is hiring right now, I'm sure a good marketer would do wonders for them.

Though if SoJ isn't helping them and being anti-helpful, I could see them being in a bad position.

Ahh...this is a sad situation all around.
I just hope it comes out soon....or someone finishes and perfects a English patch of the game.

xBladeM6x
Jan 13, 2013, 05:17 AM
I actually tried thinking of a good reason for them doing it, and the only thing I could come up with, is that they don't want negative comments when so close to release. Even then, that's pushing plausibility.

Follisimo
Jan 13, 2013, 08:13 AM
What we really need to do is get into the company and prevent all this stuff from happening.

You know, get jobs in Sega Of America and change it for the better. SoA is hiring right now, I'm sure a good marketer would do wonders for them.

Though if SoJ isn't helping them and being anti-helpful, I could see them being in a bad position.

I just hope it comes out soon....or someone finishes and perfects a English patch of the game.

No it's clearly Japanese game companies that have problems with the US. Look at some of the awesome RPGs that don't make it stateside and when they do it's super late. They need to get smart and release a game both in Japan, US, and EU at the same time. This way the hype is there in all areas. If people hear about a game tanking over in Japan or something then there goes any chance of them playing the US/EU version. We also don't like being 6months to a year behind on updates. SEGA cares only for their JP audience.

SOA are merely the sibling that gets used hand me down clothing that is out of style when they get it.

Seany1990
Jan 13, 2013, 08:25 AM

Even if it were possible, everybody has a boss who tells you what you can and can't do. The decision to keep details under wraps hasn't come from marketing or the community manager, it's come from the project leader or somebody higher than that.
It doesn't make sense to me what the benefit is but then again I don't own or run a multi-million dollar company.

Rien
Jan 13, 2013, 08:29 AM
I actually tried thinking of a good reason for them doing it, and the only thing I could come up with, is that they don't want negative comments when so close to release. Even then, that's pushing plausibility.

So close, yet so far...