PDA

View Full Version : Is Dark Falz Elder a Darker?

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 10, 2013, 07:38 PM
What the title says, folks.

I've been wondering about this for some time now. Reason being that Dark Falz Elder doesn't look like any of the other Darkers. Well, most of them anyway. There are a few, I know, that have the same stone-like appearance as Falzy; the shield guys and spinning top Darkers. All the rest appear insect-like.

So, what's the deal, guys? Why does Falz (and a few others) look so different from the Other Darkers? Are the stone Darkers just a different type of Darker? Are they not Darkers at all? I havn't done any story mode yet. Is the answer there maybe?

Actually, what are the Darkers anyway? Do we even know that yet?

Help!

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2013, 07:39 PM
Some Darkers are insectoids. Others are 'Ancients'. Elder is the leader of all of them, but they're all still Darkers.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
What the title says, folks.

I've been wondering about this for some time now. Reason being that Dark Falz Elder doesn't look like any of the other Darkers. Well, most of them anyway. There are a few, I know, that have the same stone-like appearance as Falzy; the shield guys and spinning top Darkers. All the rest appear insect-like.

So, what's the deal, guys? Why does Falz (and a few others) look so different from the Other Darkers? Are the stone Darkers just a different type of Darker? Are they not Darkers at all? I havn't done any story mode yet. Is the answer there maybe?

Actually, what are the Darkers anyway? Do we even know that yet?

Help!
Elder is pretty much a stone/ancient type darker, like the shield ones, or some of the darkers in the ruins (including the mini boss and boss in the ruins).
One thing these darkers all have in common is weakness to lightning, like how the insect type darkers all have weakness to fire.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
Then maybe there could be ice and wind-weak darkers with other looks. If so, I'd like to see weak-to-fire Dark Falz, which should be a massive insect, hehehe.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 10, 2013, 08:23 PM
Follow up question then. Why are some darkers Ancient type and others insect type? I'm assuming the insect type are"new" darkers, but why insects? Why did DF need new darkers in the first place?
Has nothing been revealed yet concerning the darkers' origin?

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
Follow up question then. Why are some darkers Ancient type and others insect type? I'm assuming the insect type are"new" darkers, but why insects? Why did DF need new darkers in the first place?
Those who have completed the story in matterboard 8 get an extra scene after defeating Dark Falz Elder, without trying to spoil too much, there appears to be multiple Dark Falzes?

CyberNei
Jan 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
Well Falz actually never been alone over there. And he is not a main antagonist of the series. Just it's little puppet.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 09:35 PM
Would like to point out that although we have a Boss of the ancient darker species ('shrayda), we only have a miniboss of the insect darker species (gwana).

Thoughts on that fact?

Crap forgot ragne.

Bellion
Jan 10, 2013, 09:37 PM
Dark Ragne was left out.

Syklo
Jan 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
Dark Ragne was left out.
-facepalm-

I'm such an idiot today...

Meji
Jan 11, 2013, 03:52 AM
His weak to light, so... yeah, Darker.

If anyone really want proof for this, they should just take any "Get X drops from Darkers" CO and see if he drops that CO-item.

Ryudo
Jan 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
Profound Darkness = CEO of evil
Dark Forces = Managers of Evil
Darkers = Evil employees

Cyclon
Jan 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
Darkers are obviously just like the zerg from starcraft. They assimilate existing species with interesting features and develop these to use them as weapons.
The funny thing is that Darkers could actually be part of an STR game as an entire race, with all the different ennemies we have right now

Seriously though, just like others have said, the Dark falz we know of and the darkers that look like him(and are vulnerable to thunder) could be thought of as part of the "elder" subtype of darkers.
Possibly, the insect subtype is under the command of another major darker entity, and there could be as many subtypes as there are of these entities.

All this is complete conjecture, though(^_^') As of now, we hardly know anything for sure.

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 08:29 AM
I've been expecting darkers weak to wind, just to fill in that gap, but that's an interesting thought about ice-weak darkers. Thinking on it, the boost seeds are weak to the 3 original main elements (fire, lightning, ice). I'm expecting darkers weak to ice next, in that case.

Possibly with the chrome dragon update? That would be rockin'. Ice does need lovin'.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 11, 2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah, Ice is only usefull so far in Caves and Wind only in Forest. We need an area with Wind/Ice weakness. Then again we only have Dark in Skyland as well...Maybe a mix of all 3 for the "final" area of EP1?

Cyclon
Jan 11, 2013, 08:46 AM
I've been expecting darkers weak to wind, just to fill in that gap, but that's an interesting thought about ice-weak darkers. Thinking on it, the boost seeds are weak to the 3 original main elements (fire, lightning, ice). I'm expecting darkers weak to ice next, in that case.

Possibly with the chrome dragon update? That would be rockin'. Ice does need lovin'.
Zan's OP'dness is the only thing that doesn't make wind's case even worse. As a weakness in game, the only place it's at, it competes with lolfire. Which also happens to be the weakness of most darkers that spawn there.
So really, it could be either of these two.

... yeah, I know it will be ice. Let me be delusional for a while please.

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 08:51 AM
I swear all ice needs (As an element) is an easily accessed skill on the ice tree that gives a minimal amount of time your own freeze lasts. Ice would be super fine after that. Its only problem is that it's applied on one hit, and can break with the next hit. Rabarta breaks its own goddamn freeze.

Maybe make it a feature of photon flare, I don't know.

Also AOE boost, maybe, but gibarta's got the range thing covered.

Bam, ice competes with lightning and fire in at least one aspect.

Meji
Jan 11, 2013, 09:06 AM
I feel sorry for the wind element.

gigawuts
Jan 11, 2013, 09:10 AM
I feel sorry for gizan. It's just...why. No lift, no push, tiny aoe, and moderate damage. For wind there's zan, utility techs, and gizan.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
Darkers are obviously just like the zerg from starcraft. They assimilate existing species with interesting features and develop these to use them as weapons.
The funny thing is that Darkers could actually be part of an STR game as an entire race, with all the different ennemies we have right now

Ha, I play Zerg! I would be in full support for darkers as new units, lol. Maybe Blizzard would be up for a crossover? Phantasy Starcraft Online 2? Yeah. Awesome.

Speaking of boost flowers, though; are those darkers/darker related? I've always wondered about what they are.

Maximum Burst
Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
Minor spoilers concerning that cutscene after the fight with Elder:

Apprentice might lead the Darkers that are weak to fire, and Double might lead Darkers that are weak to ice. Persona is quite a mystery, so they're probably saving something special for him.

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 07:53 PM
Minor spoilers concerning that cutscene after the fight with Elder:

Apprentice might lead the Darkers that are weak to fire, and Double might lead Darkers that are weak to ice. Persona is quite a mystery, so they're probably saving something special for him.
Persona would lead darkers that are weak to dark!
That way, when panic'd, they'd critical each other!

It's like ghost-type pokemon

SUPER EFFECTIVE

Whit
Jan 11, 2013, 08:39 PM
Anyone else think that SEGA is basing the various forms of Falz off of MAG Photon Blasts?

Syklo
Jan 11, 2013, 08:40 PM
Anyone else think that SEGA is basing the various forms of Falz off of MAG Photon Blasts?
Hunar looks nothing like ajax,cetus,helix or julius.

Case closed.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Which brings me to another question; what are the Photon Blasts in PSO2?

To clarify, In PSO1, the Photon Blasts were made up of stored photon energy but had the appearance of Dark type monsters due to mags being created using D-cells.

So, what are mags in PSO2? Just regular robots? Are the photon blasts just regular photon energy, or are they darker related?

Whit
Jan 12, 2013, 01:08 AM
Hunar looks nothing like ajax,cetus,helix or julius.

Case closed.

By Falz I mean future versions of multiparty boss Falz.

blace
Jan 12, 2013, 01:09 AM
Who can say? Another difference with PSO and PSO2 is that the the Photon Blasts seem to be dropped in from orbit whereas in PSO the blast itself manifested with the built up photons.

CyberNei
Jan 12, 2013, 01:13 AM
In PSO2 PBs hardly looks like darkers, more like some divine beings.

Photon Blasts seem to be dropped in from orbit
Actually it's MAG itself turning into them. U can't see it around when PB happens, don't you.

blace
Jan 12, 2013, 01:38 AM
Actually it's MAG itself turning into them. U can't see it around when PB happens, don't you.
Actually, if you look at someone else doing it you can see their Mag fly off and the PB drop down. So yes the Mag is the PB, but for unknown reasons it needs to fly off in order to do it.

Syklo
Jan 12, 2013, 02:02 AM
Actually, if you look at someone else doing it you can see their Mag fly off and the PB drop down. So yes the Mag is the PB, but for unknown reasons it needs to fly off in order to do it.
Actually I see my mag actually "fade" into a PB beast and vice versa, so it could be some photon conversion process.

If it actually was a jump up/down thing.....might be to connect to a stronger photon source by being closer to it to initiate a PB (e.g. the sun)

blace
Jan 12, 2013, 02:03 AM
Who knows, I see it happen often during MPA's, whether it's a player preparing for a large scale PB spam or a bot that does its own thing, I always see something fly up then drop down.