PDA

View Full Version : Blue Barrier merge

Garrett_TD23
Jan 11, 2013, 06:51 AM
Found a blue barrier in a box in Hard-Caves 2-Pinkal. Before I make a mistake, what amp should I use on it? I have a FOmar character.

Caledonia
Jan 11, 2013, 07:57 AM
Aaaah, that's entirely dependant on your play style. Assuming you have all the relevant merges? Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta and Blue?

Personally I never use Gibarta -and theoretically you already have that boosted, so I'd rule that out. Barta and Rabarta I use extensively... I'd possibly angle towards Rabarta, so when I'm trying to freeze things they take a bit more damage, rather than ramping up the damage for ice-weak mobs I'd use Barta on. -I use Rabarta on them as well I guess, so best of both there.

When I got a Red Barrier around that point, I put a Red Merge on it, because I was using all the fire spells pretty heavily. Now, In Ult, if I had another I'd put Rafoie on it, except at the moment I'm a bit squishy and wearing shields for defence rather than amps -but as I say, it depends what you use. If you don't use a spell, don't amp it. If you do, then it's choice between that specific one, or the class.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 11, 2013, 04:23 PM
I don't have a amplifier of Blue, but I do have the other 3, otherwise this would be a no brainer.

I really don't use my ice techs very often and the only time I really do is when I have to kill a hildebear or the Forest dragon boss. Likely I will go with barta and if I remember right, it works well on Falz second form.

I was happy to find the Blue Barrier, but I'd rather have a Red Barrier. I know exactly what I'd do with it, amp of GiFoie.