PDA

View Full Version : PS3 controller

Not Crazed
Jan 12, 2013, 04:43 AM
Just a quickie, my friend is trying to get his PS3 controller working with pso2 but he can't, any ideas?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 04:45 AM
does he have drivers installed?

_Nue
Jan 12, 2013, 04:50 AM
You need to use the Motioninjoy Gamepad Tool (I think it's called DS3 or something as well). But once you download it, you must use the "Xbox 360 controller" emulator in order for it to actually work and function properly. If you stick with the default, the analog sticks will register weirdly in game. (I use a PS3 controller as well.)

The controls are easy to figure out, but if you need any help, please do ask.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 04:52 AM
What Nue said

Not Crazed
Jan 12, 2013, 05:05 AM
He's found the motioninjoy tool, but it doesnt support windows 8, any ideas?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 05:29 AM
Just one but you don't want to hear it.

Does windows 8 have a windows 7 compatibility mode?

_Nue
Jan 12, 2013, 05:32 AM
He's found the motioninjoy tool, but it doesnt support windows 8, any ideas?

Oh boy, that'll be hard to help you there. I run Win7 and I do have a severe hatred towards 8, but let's not go into that. I can only find what I can and I found this:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-in-windows-8/

I skimmed through it, and I hope this helps you. If not, you may be on your own.

Gama
Jan 12, 2013, 06:25 AM
i have in on windows 8 and it works perfectly.

didnt have to do any kind of compability changes.

Stormwalker
Jan 12, 2013, 09:31 AM
A quick note: Someone above observed that you have to use the XBox 360 emulation option to make the PS3 controller work correctly with MotionJoy.

I have it working properly using the Playstation3 options, actually... but you can't do it with the current version of MotionJoy. The previous version fixed a problem with right analog stick drift, but the current version re-introduced the bug somehow.

So if you want to be able to map your PS3 button, use the previous version of MotionJoy and it'll work just fine. I forget the exact version number, and I'm not at my gaming PC's to check right now, but if I remember correctly it's the last version before the current one.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 06:20 PM
...or setup 360 emulation and ignore version number >_>

Stormwalker
Jan 13, 2013, 12:37 PM
When I set up using 360 Emulation, initially, I was not able to map the PS3 button (Button 13).

I am able to do so in Playstation 3 mode.

This was sufficient reason for me to bother with changing versions.