PDA

View Full Version : Party Drop Message

HienkyakuX
Jan 12, 2013, 10:34 AM
Is there a way to prevent other party members from seeing the message when picking up 7* or more gear?

arzey
Jan 12, 2013, 10:56 AM
No, but I believe that is a system message, so it depends on how they filter it. Correct me if I am wrong.

NoiseHERO
Jan 12, 2013, 10:56 AM
3 things!

- Not that I know of @ your question.

- Use the quick question thread.

^ I usually don't "mockerator" the above statement but thread title was misleading so yeah.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 12, 2013, 02:22 PM
There is a setting to filter autowords (will show onscreen but not in chat log), but it's on a per account basis so your party members would have to have that option checked. If you want to filter a -specific- autoword (like picking up rares) I don't believe there's a way to do it other than just erasing that one.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-options-guide/
From the options menu ingame, first tab, last option (Communication). Option 2 is "Use Autowords" on/off (not sure what this does really), option 3 is "Show autowords in log" on/off.

@Rock: I wish people would use the quick questions topic too (been seeing an influx of new topics since the new year), but if it's already here no sense in just leaving it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 06:19 PM
I think he means the message that comes up at the bottom of your screen when people in party pick up rares

UnLucky
Jan 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
No, but I believe that is a system message, so it depends on how they filter it. Correct me if I am wrong.
I think this is it. You would have to filter out all System messages from your own chatlog.

It's not an autoword- that's separate. Turning off your autowords will stop your character from using the ones you set, but I think your parter card will be unaffected. You will still see others' autowords, but you can hide them from your log with another option.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 06:36 PM
it still appears on screen in the center near the bottom if you do that though. it IS a system notification after all

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 12, 2013, 06:46 PM
I guess the only way to really avoid that would be just being in a 1-man party then.