PDA

View Full Version : Do stats increase linearly or exponentially?

holmwood
Jan 12, 2013, 10:32 PM
Do the stats increase linearly or exponentially as you level?

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 12, 2013, 10:34 PM
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

Click Race, check any class. Gains are high-ish in the beginning, low in the end.

holmwood
Jan 12, 2013, 10:36 PM
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

Click Race, check any class. Gains are high-ish in the beginning, low in the end.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Since the increase tapers off, wouldnt it make sense to increase fixed stat increase passives?

I think % based increases would really be only justifiable if we had level 500 or something.

Seany1990
Jan 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
It has an element of logarithmic growth but it's more linear if anthing.

UnLucky
Jan 12, 2013, 11:07 PM
Percentage based damage increasing skills go off your stats, mag, gear, and the level of the PA/Tech you're using.

Stat skills are just up to 50 for 10 skill points and that's it. Other skills can give 10-30% of everything you have for the same investment, which is usually more than the equivalent of 50 stat points.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
a 20% damage boost takes into account everything that contributes to the damage you do. if you would normally do 1000 damage a 20% boost adds 200 damage a 10% boost would add 100. better still the boost are calculated one at a time. so the 10% on top of the 20% would result in a bonus 120 damage, not 100.

These boost will only improve as your damage improves. That same 32% damage I mentioned becomes a bonus 3200 damage for 10,000, 30000 gets 9600. And yes people are doing over 50k a hit already (I've seen over 200k actually)

compare that to 50-100 S atk >_>

Point is 50 Atk is nothing. we're talking less than 10s of damage in trade of thousands.

Not advised

Sp-24
Jan 13, 2013, 05:31 AM
Also, don't forget that your stats are only going to increase, through increased level caps, Mag levels and new equipment, while +stat skills will (most likely) always give the same +50 points to one stat, making them even less effectual over time than they are now.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 15, 2013, 09:59 PM
shifta and deband at lvl 14 increase base stats by 19.3% The formula is 17.9(level 0)+.1X (where ex is the current level). Shifta and deband advance multiply this boost by 25% and add to it making it for all intents and purposes about a 5% increase in base stats over the base techs. this means that if your base T atk is 600 you're only getting about 30 extra T atk(yes it's closer to 25, but I'm rounding shifta's boost to 20% for easy math)from shifta advance lvl 10. Your base Atk (sp and mag included) would have to be over 1000 before you saw even a 50 point gain from it, so it's wide accepted right now that this skill isn't worth the SP

Since critical hits in this game do not offer any additional damage multipliers and instead maximize the damage roll for that hit (if the range would be 5500-6000 a crit will result in a 6000) it's also accepted that boosting crit rate is of little importance as long as your dex (which increases your minimum damage to narrow that range) is reasonably high. at 360+ you see very little variation in damage per hit which makes crit rate a dubious concern.

Deband cut on the other had gives a flat damage reduction of 15% at rank 10. imho this is also not enough to justify the SP since it's either reducing damage by an easily overlooked amount, or isn't mitigating damage enough to ensure survival when caught in a combo or sustaining massive damage. of course there will be times where deband cut will be the difference between being able to get back up or just face planting and awaiting revival, but I feel those instances are less common than people think. Regardless it's certainly better than anything deband advance offers.

ShinMaruku
Jan 15, 2013, 10:20 PM
Linear warriors quadratic wizards. This game would be awesome with that.
But let's be honest after spending hours with DFO growth can be insane( Seriously When you can crit well over 1 million damage and do insane things...) and this kind of subdued model works out fine. I think the stats grow so little due to mags. If there were no mags I would think some quadratic stat growth would be in order.

UnLucky
Jan 16, 2013, 02:33 PM
Stat gains are purely linear. The rate changes once, and that's it. You have one rate from lvl 1 to 20. Another rate from 21 and up (exactly 40% of the previous rate).
And since your subclass gives you 20% of its stats, raising it from 20 to 40 is an 8% stat gain~ progression

The one notable exception, strategically, is comparing the personal gain from the shifta and deband buff skills in the techer tree.
A maxed stat skill is +50 base.
With lv14 Shifta, you get an extra 9.65
With maxed Shifta Advance, you get another 2.4125
With the large boost from Shifta Drink, I believe you get 20% of your base for 10 more

So if the rounding is nice, all that SP nets you 72 stat points.