PDA

View Full Version : OP clones

RealityBreak
Jan 13, 2013, 12:40 AM
So I was doing a forest mission on hard-mode and "emergency code clone" came up. The clone was lv 21, but was OP; I could only hit like 30s on it and it 1 hit KOed me with 700 damage =/
What's with this bs?

Raymee
Jan 13, 2013, 12:42 AM
Well, this game needs something hard at least... xd

Though they didn't really downscale the clones lmaoo

Anduril
Jan 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
It is supposed to be a challenge since they are taking stats from actual players, but I predict that they are going to end up nerfing them, at least for lower difficulties. Whether this is good or bad is really up for debate.

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
OP? Use things that fling them and laugh as they have become useless.

BIG OLAF
Jan 13, 2013, 12:53 AM
So far, I spam Slide End on clones, and watch them bounce around every time. It's pretty useful.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 13, 2013, 01:19 AM
It is supposed to be a challenge since they are taking stats from actual players
They are?
I faced my clone and it wasn't very close..

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2013, 01:25 AM
They are?
I faced my clone and it wasn't very close..
You are the one.

RealityBreak
Jan 13, 2013, 01:36 AM
I don't think you people fully understand how ridiculously OP and unbalanced this clone is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRng1T14Ho&feature=youtu.be
Also, code distraction doesn't work.
Also, I'm still here (ship 2 block 20), someone come kill it for me >.>

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 13, 2013, 01:39 AM
Yeah, clones are OP for any difficulty except Very Hard

Z-0
Jan 13, 2013, 01:45 AM
lmfao... that is me.

Shadow predicted that people would be complaining about how OP I am on PSO-World, he was right!!!! \o/

As a note, my gear is pretty overpowered, which is why I do so much damage.

RealityBreak
Jan 13, 2013, 01:46 AM
lmfao... that is me.

Shadow predicted that people would be complaining about how OP I am on PSO-World, he was right!!!! \o/

I think your def/hp is the main problem. I saw you healing 8ks...

Z-0
Jan 13, 2013, 01:56 AM
It's funny because my character has absolutely nothing spec'd into def. No defense affixes, no units which have high defense (although you could argue the R-Def on Black Wings is highish), no boosts in HP (I have 649HP at 50/50). That's really just a flaw with the system if anything.

From what I can tell, clones just don't scale enough on lower difficulties. All my stuff is Quartz Soul / Power III / Spirita Boost, so my damage is pretty high on players (one of my friends got a one shot in VH from a Sonic Arrow from my clone). Or maybe it does scale, but gear throws it off, who knows.

SEGA will probably fix it later.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 13, 2013, 02:02 AM
More worried about fighting Cornelia. Don't feel like getting Seismic Toss'd Heavenly Fall'd into Alpha Centauri...

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 13, 2013, 02:02 AM
And fix clones shooting missiles from rifles

I keep running into my clone, that's fine and all...I just wanna face others

Shirai
Jan 13, 2013, 02:12 AM
All the 3-4 same clones I've been fighting are way too easy.

Sega should make it more randomized or whatever...

BIG OLAF
Jan 13, 2013, 02:18 AM

I didn't have a problem bashing your (and Cyron's, and whoever those other people were) teeth in. Just used Partizan Gear to give that extra range, and spam Slide End --> Bandersnatch --> Speed Rain combo as I usually do.

Gigabutts had some issues though, as we saw in the other thread.

Also, yes, it seems like the same handful of 'clones' are being recycled a lot. It's a bit boring.

Z-0
Jan 13, 2013, 03:03 AM
Would be because it's mainly taking your friendlist (or those in your party). Those have the highest chance of appearing, and I'm assuming not that many people on your friendlist have been abducted (yet).

Yunfa
Jan 13, 2013, 03:09 AM
When you get abducted, do you get cloned from the beginning to after you finish the map? Because I have units that will transform my character into an Armored Core / Nineball that I spent nearly 50mill affixing to perfection. I also want to take off any Gunslash that I normally use to increase the chances of my clone using the Avenger.

Xaeris
Jan 13, 2013, 03:12 AM
Someone who got abducted said that they were cloned from the beginning, deducing that from the fact that their autowords were the ones they had at the start of the map and not the ones changed before the boss.

Yunfa
Jan 13, 2013, 03:15 AM
Someone who got abducted said that they were cloned from the beginning, deducing that from the fact that their autowords were the ones they had at the start of the map and not the ones changed before the boss.

Sh!t, guess I'll try and swap out my gears before jumping down~

Z-0
Jan 13, 2013, 03:28 AM
Set everything up as you're trying to gate, then in the little area before you actually start Den (have to press a console for it to get going), go back to how you were.

Syklo
Jan 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows if the subpalettes the clones use is the same as if they were a partner npc? (Book 1, palette 1?)

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 13, 2013, 03:43 AM
I think they're coded to use specific skills if you have em.
I never seen my clone use chain yet nor any clone use healing items
...or healing moves

Darki
Jan 13, 2013, 03:48 AM

Do they actually clone you even if you don't finish the quest? I accidentally got abducted with my girlfriend alone while doing TACOs and kinda got pwn3d by these new mobs, I assumed that I would get cloned only if I finished the run... <_<

Xaeris
Jan 13, 2013, 03:51 AM
I dunno. From what he described, I would guess that whether you get used as clones in the field depends on your clearing the quest, but the copy made is of you at the start.

.Jack
Jan 13, 2013, 03:54 AM

I think everything cloned gets the basic stats for whichever weapon they use because normal PA's on a high lvl character tend to do numbers in the thousands while the clones damage doesn't. After fighting about a dozen of them I've yet to see a clone break 1k without wb. I could be wrong but that's my opinion on it.

Darki
Jan 13, 2013, 04:24 AM
I dunno. From what he described, I would guess that whether you get used as clones in the field depends on your clearing the quest, but the copy made is of you at the start.

That would make sense.

Zyrusticae
Jan 13, 2013, 04:24 AM
I don't think you people fully understand how ridiculously OP and unbalanced this clone is.
lol damn, no way in hell that would ever be a fair match. How is anyone supposed to fight someone with a lambda aristin at level 22? loool

Fix dat shit, SEGA!

I think everything cloned gets the basic stats for whichever weapon they use because normal PA's on a high lvl character tend to do numbers in the thousands while the clones damage doesn't. After fighting about a dozen of them I've yet to see a clone break 1k without wb. I could be wrong but that's my opinion on it.
It's complicated.

Player defense values tend to be much, much higher than NPC defense values, hence why we attack them for thousands of damage while they hit us for hundreds or less. They might be giving the clones NPC base stats instead of PC base stats to keep things from getting out of hand.

.Jack
Jan 13, 2013, 04:43 AM
They might be giving the clones NPC base stats instead of PC base stats to keep things from getting out of hand.

That's what I was thinking also. If a players clone had a 50% lvl3 ability weapon, it wouldn't get noticed hitting more than other clones using the the same weapon. Clones are not up to par with actual players in terms of damage is what I was pointing out.

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
No trees in my yard, I'm SPRUCELESS!

NoiseHERO
Jan 13, 2013, 02:48 PM

I'm gonna be the dick that says I still thinks it's awesome that this can happen.

They don't recruit "elites" for no reason, not that Z-0 really needs any more bragging rights that he doesn't make himself. 8D

Can't wait to see how horrible my clone turns out.

Coatl
Jan 13, 2013, 02:53 PM

Mai boy Z-0 ain't messing around. :v
In all honesty though, the only reason you died was because clones don't scale by levels. You were fighting a lv50/50 HU/FI as a lv22 Ranger.
What they need to do it make them scale depending on difficulty.

NoiseHERO
Jan 13, 2013, 02:54 PM
In all honesty though, the only reason you died was because clones don't scale by levels. You were fighting a lv50/50 HU/FI as a lv22 Ranger.

No they must kill everything!

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2013, 02:56 PM

This is Sega you expect sense?