PDA

View Full Version : Aoti, xbox and you.

Tooks
Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 PM
Well I'm in the mood to stab some rappies in the face with a photon blade and seeing as I've forgotten my PSO2 login details and don't know enough Japanese to email support about it I figured i'd give PSU a revisit. Does anyone know [as im currently 30 miles away from my xbox] if Sega addressed the issue with AOTI being 'online only' on the xbox before they shut the servers down? I've not played it since the servers closed and I recall before hand the game would load, ask you if you wanted to load AOTI and you'd only then be given the option to play this online. If they havent addressed this, which I'd not be surprised by, then I kind of wasted money buying it for that console but hey ho thats life I guess.

Should I just grab myself a copy of the PC version?

Vintasticvin
Jan 15, 2013, 12:49 PM
I member you can play aoti story mode if you have the aoti disc :3

Seany1990
Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM
I member you can play aoti story mode if you have the aoti disc :3

They released this disk for 360?

Tooks
Jan 15, 2013, 12:53 PM
They released this disk for 360?

Thats what I was thinking :( I purchased it as DLC on the market.

Vintasticvin
Jan 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah back then you needed an aoti disc to even run it but yes it has epII not sure about EP III though =/ and you also get free missions as well.

Tooks
Jan 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah back then you needed an aoti disc to even run it but yes it has epII not sure about EP III though =/ and you also get free missions as well.

Well thats annoying. Now I feel i've been ripped off for choosing to buy a digital version of their game :(

Vintasticvin
Jan 15, 2013, 01:06 PM
Well thats annoying. Now I feel i've been ripped off for choosing to buy a digital version of their game :(

Ah don't be so hard on yourself sides you didn't know any better and was itching to revisit old memories. You can probably find the aoti disc for dirt cheap at an online market place nowadays :)

Seany1990
Jan 15, 2013, 01:35 PM

Are you sure?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13615150/amazon.png

Nicktendonick
Jan 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
PS2 and PC have AOTI disks. 360 has it as DLC

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
You probably need to hunt down the PS2 version if you want to play episode 1 and 2.

burninglink5
Jan 17, 2013, 01:33 PM
See the two posts above me. AotI was never released on disc for the 360. The only way to play it offline is by finding a copy of the PS2 or PC version.

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2013, 01:39 PM
You might have to narrow down your search using Amazon or Ebay. Finding a copy at game stop or any video game retail store is difficult. Segac only made so many copies of psu they are pretty scarce.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 12, 2013, 03:34 PM
Just get a PC copy from a certain site and your all good.

JCGamer
Feb 16, 2013, 10:55 AM
^^ there other mean of getting Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of the Illuminus

1. you can buy the video game disc from Ebay or amazon online
2.You can also use PS2 Emulators longest you have good gaming computer with the right tweaking
3.By burning into a Dvd Disc for the ISO and have Hard modding / soft modding your PlayStation 2 with jailbreak . if you know what your doing :D

There many option what you want to do with Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of the Illuminus. but also its all about your research ;-) and Google search is your best friend

Night Hollows
Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 PM
Can you still play ambition of the illuminus story line, if you have the DLC for Xbox 360? I had the DLC for 3 years and due to the shut down of the online, I was wondering if the DLC story line will still work on Xbox

Dr.No
Feb 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
No, when the 360 servers shut down, the AOTI storyline that was online was shut down as well since there was never an offline part of the DLC.

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
Do you know if the PS2 and PC Ambition of the Illuminus will allow you to do missions?

Anduril
Feb 19, 2013, 11:00 AM
Do you know if the PS2 and PC Ambition of the Illuminus will allow you to do missions?
Since it does have an offline mode, yes, but not every mission that was available online, obviously.

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thank you because I have a PS2 so I can buy the Ambition of the Illuminus for the Laptop or PS2.

If I was to buy the Ambition of the Illuminus for PC would I need the Phantasy Star Universe disc installed 1st

Anduril
Feb 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
Thank you because I have a PS2 so I can buy the Ambition of the Illuminus for the Laptop or PS2.

If I was to buy the Ambition of the Illuminus for PC would I need the Phantasy Star Universe disc installed 1st
You don't need the first game installed since AotI is stand alone, but if you don't play through the first game you can miss out on a few items that can't be found in AotI if you are not transferring in a character from extra mode. Not a big deal, but some people are completionists.

Night Hollows
Feb 19, 2013, 11:28 AM
I own the Xbox 360 version and could try get Phantasy Star Universe and Ambition of the Illuminus for the PC or PS2.

Nameh
Feb 19, 2013, 10:31 PM
Assuming that this isn't a question, That's what i did also. I have Aoti on PC, and the original on PS2. They needed to make a way to play Aoti story mode without having to play online though. It's kinda stupid because if you never finished the story, the server closing would keep you from playing it.