PDA

View Full Version : Vita Wait a minute here...

Macman
Jan 15, 2013, 01:47 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vita-beta-test-status/

Arks Cash

Though you’ll be getting 10,000 AC, purchasing additional AC is not available in the CBT.
The expansion to the Premium Set that was added recently to the PC version is not available in the CBT. (This includes features like holding more client orders, or boosted drink effects, or more FUN points.)
A special version of the AC Scratch is used exclusively in the CBT.

You can use your existing Sega ID in this, right?
Are they effectively giving out about $100 worth of AC to every Vita CBT participant?!

Shadowth117
Jan 15, 2013, 01:49 PM
You're getting $100 of AC... for the beta. You don't get to carry it over to the full game. Its just so people can mess with scratches and premium on the beta version of the game.

mommy_cornelia
Jan 15, 2013, 01:49 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vita-beta-test-status/

You can use your existing Sega ID in this, right?
Are they effectively giving out about $100 worth of AC to every Vita CBT participant?!

Yes, of course you can

And NO, the AC you get will only be usable in the CBT, Not in the PC version

Tomeeboy
Jan 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
From front page:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02512-pso2-jp-vita-beta-official-start-testing-plus-additional-beta-details

All character data and AC will be deleted when the beta is over

They aren't letting anyone keep it :)

Galax
Jan 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hi, PSO2 here with another amazing offer from SEGA! Just get into our Closed Beta Test for PSO2 Vita by being selected randomly from all those who apply and enjoy benefits you will have to pay for after we delete everything you've done at the end of the test! Enjoy your time seeing what the game could be like if you pay us hundreds!

Macman
Jan 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
Well to be fair, Galax, that's what the PC CBT was like.
I was just a little confused since they were letting you use an existing SegaID account to play this.

Shadowth117
Jan 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hi, PSO2 here with another amazing offer from SEGA! Just get into our Closed Beta Test for PSO2 Vita by being selected randomly from all those who apply and enjoy benefits you will have to pay for after we delete everything you've done at the end of the test! Enjoy your time seeing what the game could be like if you pay us hundreds!

Well I mean, the whole idea of it is for testing. And of course, it would be stupid to expect anyone to actually pay for something as temporary as currency in a prototype game build. Yeah, its definitely a way of advertising some of what you can do with AC to people, but I don't see why that's a bad thing.

They were clear from the start on how temporary everything was so it seems silly to act as if SEGA is doing some horrible disservice to us by doing this.

Galax
Jan 15, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm really rather neutral on it; I just wanted to do a Billy Mays impression.

Sp-24
Jan 15, 2013, 02:11 PM
Well I mean, the whole idea of it is for testing. And of course, it would be stupid to expect anyone to actually pay for something as temporary as currency in a prototype game build. Yeah, its definitely a way of advertising some of what you can do with AC to people, but I don't see why that's a bad thing.

They were clear from the start on how temporary everything was so it seems silly to act as if SEGA is doing some horrible disservice to us by doing this.

It WAS for testing during the PC CBT, back when Sega still needed to figure out how much to charge for everything, and so everything was worth 10 AC (I think). Right now, the only purpose of giving everybody 10,000 AC is to advertise the cash shop features. It's not "disservice", of course, but it's just too obvious that they want the new audience to have a taste of paid services and hopefully get addicted to them.

Raymee
Jan 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
I'm really rather neutral on it; I just wanted to do a Billy Mays impression.

Darn I think you gotta watch more jaboodydubs hahaha.