PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New content late January

Ce'Nedra
Jan 16, 2013, 05:05 AM
Valetine Update it seems. Info taken from Bumped. New TA quest as well, thoughts?

Valorous Vanguard Update – Late January

New Quests

走破演習:ナベリウスⅡ Marathon Practice : Naberius II
- Time Attack Quest
- Planet Naberius
- Dark Ragne (Boss)
- Fang Banther (Mid)

チョコレートの行方 Where’s the Chocolate?
- Limited Time Emergency Quest
- Multiparty Quest
- Planet Amduscia Caves
- Normal: Enemy Lv 16+
- Hard: Enemy Lv 36+
- Very Hard: Enemy LV 46+
- Predicahda
- Caterdrahl (Seen at the Quest Counter)

Limited Time Seasonal Event “Valentine”
- Valentine’s Lobby with decorations.
- Until February 21st
- Shii (Xie) is back!
- Love Rappy for a limited time.
- ^ Unknown Rare Drop

Sweet Honey Valentine Scratch
- Pink Rappy Suit
- Pātissier Apron (Naura Cake Sisters Costume)
- More than 4 New Costumes!

Edit: New info availble! http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-valentines-update/

Resanoca
Jan 16, 2013, 05:09 AM
Hopefully Fang is a high enough level.

Xaeris
Jan 16, 2013, 05:14 AM
Xie, my love! You return to me to gift me with glorious exp! I look forward to treasuring this time we will have together.

Oh, and taking bets on costumes. Me, I say one feminized male costume, one all race female costume, one fleshie female costume and one male costume.

Laxedrane
Jan 16, 2013, 05:19 AM
THAT"S NOT A VIDEO SEGA >:O

Their holiday themed outfits were pretty well done so far so it be interesting to see what they do this time. I expect another formal were for the guys.

Dnd
Jan 16, 2013, 05:24 AM
New cake? that's me sold on this update ^_^

Heat Haze
Jan 16, 2013, 05:29 AM
Shii. I'm sold.

Shii alone got my Gunner from 33 to 45, Hunter from 40 to 44, and Ranger from 40 to 45 paired wiith only EQs. No grinding on those whatsoever.

Curious about the new outfits as well; just hope Males don't get shafted again. whoamIkidding..

And Time Attack, it's great. Fang Banther and Ragne. I can ignore Forest EQ now.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 16, 2013, 05:44 AM
I hope the Banther is high enough level as well. Otherwise it's sega trolling us once again D;

Would give people a more fair chance to hunt that exclusive double saber.

I also hope the quests from Xie give as much exp as during Christmas. This makes leveling a joke, specially if they also increase the level cap to 55 during that period.

Wonder if Love Rappy will drop Units to represent PSO's Saftey Heart Shield and Love Heart Armor with heart effects...weapon wise...a giant chocolate bar sword maybe? ^^

Rien
Jan 16, 2013, 05:59 AM
Xie, my love! You return to me to gift me with glorious exp! I look forward to treasuring this time we will have together.

Oh, and taking bets on costumes. Me, I say one feminized male costume, one all race female costume, one fleshie female costume and one male costume.

And one cast/caseal set.

Alenoir
Jan 16, 2013, 06:16 AM
VH Nabe I: Enemy Lv46~
VH Lilipa: Enemy Lv47~
VH Amu: Enemy Lv48~

Yeah, Fang's gonna be 45+.

Syklo
Jan 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
There should be or this new TA should be a ruins/urban area cross over.

MORE CITY FUN!
and it would make sense wouldn't it.....i mean, ragne.
Then again, ship > random planet = lolwut

Angelo
Jan 16, 2013, 06:50 AM
Considering the ridiculous ratio of male to female characters in this game, it would be pretty interesting if there were a gimmick that had us follow the conventional Valentine's Day -> White Day rules. :D

Syklo
Jan 16, 2013, 06:52 AM
Considering the ridiculous ratio of male to female characters in this game, it would be pretty interesting if there were a gimmick that had us follow the conventional Valentine's Day -> White Day rules. :D
Close all male room owners until white day and reverse.

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 07:15 AM
Pink rappy suit?

Super duper.

Meji
Jan 16, 2013, 07:23 AM
Pink rappy suit?

Super duper.Let's look fab.

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 07:39 AM
Aww Shiiii.

Well, this update seems really dull to me once again.

Where's my "changing game mechanics" update? Or "enemies are now much smarter than before/enemies grow stronger when there are more players" update? :'(

SEGA tends to release it on a pattern like:

・・・New Area!
・・・New Monsters!
・・・New Costumes/Accesories! (I don't mind this, but sometimes the update is highlighted around these, I want a real update highlight).
・・・New Lobby Change (gets really boring after a while asofdjiojsadf)!

and sometimes
・・・New Cake (gets boring after a while)!

Delete some blocks cause people never use Blocks 21-35! Save some server load!
Maintenance will be much shorter than usual! Or something like that
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/1OpUM[/spoiler-box]

The Love Rappy should probably drop a Love Cannon .. obviously from PSU, and maybe a rabbit wand.. no actually that'd probably be a bad idea to trash the weapon on a common rare monster.

Reiketsu
Jan 16, 2013, 07:40 AM
I also hope the quests from Xie give as much exp as during Christmas. This makes leveling a joke, specially if they also increase the level cap to 55 during that period.

Well, only if the exp requirments won't make too huge jumps from Lv to Lv... >_>"

Pink rappy suit?

Super duper.

Now the question is if I should sell my white Rappy suit (given it's still worth 5 million) and get the pink one instead...

BIG OLAF
Jan 16, 2013, 07:42 AM
Now the question is if I should sell my white Rappy suit (given it's still worth 5 million) and get the pink one instead...

The answer is YES.

Also, the Naura Sister outfit is slipping my mind for the moment. I guess I'll have to go search it up. Hopefully it has recolor-able bits.

Curious what the four 'other' outfits are (obviously one male, one female, one CAST, and one Caseal, but WHICH ONES ZOMG?!?!).

Darki
Jan 16, 2013, 07:45 AM
If they add a new TACO for this one I'm actually going to be happy.

Who would have though about it. Me wanting to do TAs. <_<

Magus_84
Jan 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
The answer is YES.

Also, the Naura Sister outfit is slipping my mind for the moment. I guess I'll have to go search it up. Hopefully it has recolor-able bits.

Curious what the four 'other' outfits are (obviously one male, one female, one CAST, and one Caseal, but WHICH ONES ZOMG?!?!).

Calling it now:

Male Heartbreaker
Female Ranewm
Some fleshiebot Caseal
Some Gundam-esque Cast

Fleuret
Jan 16, 2013, 08:10 AM
Too bad I wont be around for the update ;_;
Gone for 2 months by the time update hits.

Meji
Jan 16, 2013, 08:31 AM
Also, the Naura Sister outfit is slipping my mind for the moment. I guess I'll have to go search it up. Hopefully it has recolor-able bits.Saw a data-mined image of them earlier from PSO2uploader. Unfortunately, they didn't look re-colorable.

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 08:37 AM
Shii and the EMQ's have been our "events"...??

This game is doomed...

I want my MAG and 1UP

Ce'Nedra
Jan 16, 2013, 09:33 AM

This game is doomed...

I want my MAG and 1UP

This...

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 09:37 AM
Finally, a new TA quest. It's about damn time since the last one was implemented in SEPTEMBER. I sense this will just be a Ruins TA, or so, but I hope it's just as awesome as Naberius/Lilipa. I really hope they don't follow in the footsteps of Amduscia. <_<

Now, let's bring out a City TA!

And yes, real events would be nice...

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 09:38 AM
Does anyone agree that SEGA's not being innovative right now?

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 09:41 AM
Do you think they ever will be?

PSO2 is just female costumes and random rehashed content. It's making SEGA money, so I highly doubt they're going to stray away from that money-grab. Providing the game is successful, they won't see any problems with the game until they start losing money, and I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon until some big, new, kawaii game comes out.

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
I want my MAG and 1UP

Yes oh god yes

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 09:46 AM
Does anyone agree that SEGA's not being innovative right now?

I've been saying this from the start, but I was all too eagerly put down by people like Zyro with 7 paragraphs that essentially boiled down to "codes aren't in other games therefor sega is innovating."

Only sega fans think random encounters are anything new because they have a new name.

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 09:51 AM
Similarly, this is what they did in PSU, and they're following the trend in PSO2. And yes, JP PSU.
They need to introduce entirely new concepts to get me playing all year round.

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 09:51 AM
They need to introduce entirely new concepts to get me playing all year round.

Not happening

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2013, 09:59 AM

This game is doomed...

I want my MAG and 1UP
Shie and limited time EMQs are more the equivalent to the seasonal events in PSU (which only had new decorations and the occasional seasonal Rappys and Jaggos).
I don't mind the lack of events so far, those events were way too frequent in PSU, but hopefully the 1st year anniversary will be a proper event.

In June, we’ll have a 1 year anniversary event.http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-abducted-and-cloned/

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 10:09 AM
So, that 1 year anniversary event will feature a lobby change with a huge cake that has one candle.
The Naura sisters will sell cakes including the anniversary cakes.

How original.

jooozek
Jan 16, 2013, 10:11 AM
So, where is the new content?

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 10:14 AM
Not to mention, they're doing reskins of Gwanahda (I think) and Catadran... yeah....

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 10:18 AM
I don't understand why people are so surprised. 90% of the content from Blue Burst and AoTi were just reskins of the same content we had seen plenty of before.

edit: And these were an Expac and Standalone game

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 10:18 AM
So, where is the new content?

Costumes bro.

Another scratch two weeks after this one too!!

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2013, 10:26 AM
So, that 1 year anniversary event will feature a lobby change with a huge cake that has one candle.
The Naura sisters will sell cakes including the anniversary cakes.

How original.
I would like to have your time travelling machine. :wacko:

Not to mention, they're doing reskins of Gwanahda (I think) and Catadran... yeah....
When it comes to mid bosses and bosses, the only lazy reskin so far is Caterdransa, there's no reskin of Gwanahda (not counting rare bosses).

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Shie and limited time EMQs are more the equivalent to the seasonal events in PSU (which only had new decorations and the occasional seasonal Rappys and Jaggos).
I don't mind the lack of events so far, those events were way too frequent in PSU, but hopefully the 1st year anniversary will be a proper event.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-abducted-and-cloned/

We only had like 5 major ones...

Fire Break

1UP

MAG

The Ice one

The lightning one

and The dark one

(I never played the last three)

We had some lesser ones inbetween but they weren't that big, and they got people to do something other than white beast all the same. And these events are pretty much what made half the player base even pick the game back up every other month. And PSO had some too...

I think by now we should've at least had one. Maybe after they get the vita and mobile version settled in. >_>

Ce'Nedra
Jan 16, 2013, 10:37 AM
I think by now we should've at least had one. Maybe after they get the vita and mobile version settled in. >_>

I think they are waiting for that so they can host the event on all systems at the same time.

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well, hey, if you ran a F2P game where your target audience is perfectly content to waste money on a gacha system to get new outfits, where's the motivation to spend time developing new content? :P

I'm happy about the new TA though, looking forward to that. With this game going the way of PSU in terms of lack of new content, this is gonna start to become a log-in-when-there's-updates routine. The roadmap for the first half of 2013 is pretty bare and dismal.

GreenArcher
Jan 16, 2013, 11:07 AM

Fire Break

1UP

MAG

The Ice one

The lightning one

and The dark one

We had some lesser ones inbetween but they weren't that big, and they got people to do something other than white beast all the same. And these events are pretty much what made half the player base even pick the game back up every other month. And PSO had some too...

Don't forget Guardians Boost Road. Those were amazing. Such a minor tweak but it not only got everyone away from white beast, but had us spamming ~5 missions instead of 1.

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 11:09 AM
Man we sure are excited about content that almost imitates the quality of map design that made up 100% of the previous few PS titles.

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2013, 11:52 AM
I guess I should have said that I was talking about JP PSU. :\
http://psupedia.info/Major_events.html

The roadmap for the first half of 2013 is pretty bare and dismal.
Seeing as the roadmap for the 1st half of 2013 was not posted in the official website, it's likely that the roadmap may be incomplete (for example, the Naberius II time attack that is coming soon was not mentioned in the 1st half of 2013 roadmap, while in the 2nd half of 2012 roadmap new time attack quests were mentioned there).

Man we sure are excited about content that almost imitates the quality of map design that made up 100% of the previous few PS titles.
I'm not, the first few times, TA quests are fun, but something about the set layout and set enemy spawns gets boring fast for me. x-x;

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 12:05 PM

Fire Break

1UP

MAG

The Ice one

The lightning one

and The dark one

SoJ had more: MAX, all protectors (the one with the boss that gave like 250000 exp), Absolute Zero (also xbox too), GAR (xbox) and I vant remember the rest.

Also my time machine is pretty boss, you all should come with me the next time I go on a trip.

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
Don't forget Guardians Boost Road. Those were amazing. Such a minor tweak but it not only got everyone away from white beast, but had us spamming ~5 missions instead of 1.

GBR was interesting but I never did it, I DID however do planet runs out of boredom with my friends regardless though. 8D

I guess I should have said that I was talking about JP PSU. :\
http://psupedia.info/Major_events.html

Would explain why people actually played the JP version.

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2013, 12:17 PM
Would explain why people actually played the JP version.
Sometimes there was like 1 month of rest between events, that's what I meant by too frequent. ^^;

A big event once every 2~4 months, that would be nice, and, well, it's very likely that PSO2 will start getting big events, eventually.

The Walrus
Jan 16, 2013, 12:20 PM
I want more areas. Give me more areas Sega. I don't care if you're not doing it cause you want them to do with the plot but fuck the plot.

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 12:28 PM
you're not doing it cause you want them to do with the plot but fuck the plot.

Don't worry, the reason why they aren't doing it is definitely not because of the plot.

jooozek
Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
I want more areas. Give me more areas Sega. I don't care if you're not doing it cause you want them to do with the plot but fuck the plot.

But we just got Darker Den! How dare you demand more!

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 12:44 PM
I've been to darker den twice all y'all are noobs who should make your own luck :-?

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 01:01 PM
Sometimes there was like 1 month of rest between events, that's what I meant by too frequent. ^^;

A big event once every 2~4 months, that would be nice, and, well, it's very likely that PSO2 will start getting big events, eventually.

I think 3 months should be minimum. >_>

especially in a game with like less than 12 areas.

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 01:08 PM
In JP PSU no one touched White Beast cause of Ohtori Encampment.. all day 8) but you get no class exp. It wasn't surprising to see a level 180 Fighmaster that was level 10.

Events from PSU were fun at first but when they kept recycling the same concept (kill x monsters within a time limit, count all monsters by the end of month, the number of monsters killed determine your reward, etc.etc.), it got boring.

So let's hope for a new change.... oop nvm.

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 01:20 PM
The thing is...that's what every PSOBB event was. PSOGC too, I bet. By the time they were doing it on PSU it had already been going on for a very long time.

Neith
Jan 16, 2013, 01:20 PM
Nothing to see here. More emergency mission and a TA, as if we didn't have to spam TA enough already.

Wake me up in March when we get something worth logging on for :lol:

Edit: I like the game, but every update lately is a new emergency mission, which is utterly pointless when there isn't an emergency on. We haven't had any genuine new areas for a while now, and it's getting very, very boring. (Darker Den doesn't count because it's almost impossible to make it appear without spamming TA; I'd rather dig my eyes out with rusty spoons :disapprove: )

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 01:24 PM
I have no problem with those events because they don't come around too often. They still feel like a refreshing change from the grind we were doing a day earlier.

EvilMag
Jan 16, 2013, 02:06 PM
Not sure if posted but

Found this on the uploader
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up35352.jpg[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 02:13 PM
Is that a hazmat suit?

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 02:24 PM
Omfg!!!!! Helmet i want is coming!!!

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 02:26 PM
That volcano baker outfit BETTER be all-race or I swurr.

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 02:36 PM
guess I get to spend 0 meseta next scratch

Reiketsu
Jan 16, 2013, 02:40 PM
I want a better pic of the outfit Xie is wearing... it looks really cool... but I bet they put some weird details on it again, that ruin it, lol

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 02:47 PM
I want a better pic of the outfit Xie is wearing... it looks really cool... but I bet they put some weird details on it again, that ruin it, lol

Every fucking time.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 16, 2013, 02:57 PM

This game is doomed...

I want my MAG and 1UP

I'd rather be shot in the foot then ever play those god awful PSU events ever again lol

Enforcer MKV
Jan 16, 2013, 02:57 PM
Kinda like the Hazmat-esque suit...

Cast parts, not so much. Will wait for better pictures...

Xaeris
Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'll need to see the official blog post when it comes out to be sure, but from what I can tell, that female fleshie outfit has sleeves, so my interest is shot to hell.

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
I'd rather be shot in the foot then ever play those god awful PSU events ever again lol

You mean those ones not only PSU had?

Don't play em then! ;D

Laxedrane
Jan 16, 2013, 04:49 PM
In JP PSU no one touched White Beast cause of Ohtori Encampment.. all day 8) but you get no class exp. It wasn't surprising to see a level 180 Fighmaster that was level 10.

Events from PSU were fun at first but when they kept recycling the same concept (kill x monsters within a time limit, count all monsters by the end of month, the number of monsters killed determine your reward, etc.etc.), it got boring.

So let's hope for a new change.... oop nvm.

It got better in later events. Shred the darkness featured one of the hardest quest in it that required you to defend a certain spot on a map, keep the mobs away from a specific spot. And after the first get your self use to it area. That fucking quest dropped in an area where the mobs SPRINTED for the spot you were suppose to keep them away from. Ignoring almost everything else.

The lightning carnival had that choose your own boss feature that was kind of spiffy albeit gimmicky. The shiner of that one was the World of Illusion quest that challenged you to a series of rooms with increasingly harder mobs that included traps, don't stand there spots, and sometimes puzzles for said traps. You also weren't allowed to die once.

There were a few others that stepped outside the box but those two were the first to leap to mind. The was also the story side mission tied to shred the darkness thinking about it.

BIG OLAF
Jan 16, 2013, 05:50 PM
Found this on the uploader
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up35352.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looks like the female CASTs get the crazy airplane arms in this game (Evors Arms anyone? :wacko:).

Also, the female and male fleshie outfits look totally badass. I like the heavy-armor look.

The Naura Sisters outfit looks cute. Hopefully it comes in blue or white. If not, red works.

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 05:59 PM
It got better in later events. Shred the darkness featured one of the hardest quest in it that required you to defend a certain spot on a map, keep the mobs away from a specific spot. And after the first get your self use to it area. That fucking quest dropped in an area where the mobs SPRINTED for the spot you were suppose to keep them away from. Ignoring almost everything else.

The lightning carnival had that choose your own boss feature that was kind of spiffy albeit gimmicky. The shiner of that one was the World of Illusion quest that challenged you to a series of rooms with increasingly harder mobs that included traps, don't stand there spots, and sometimes puzzles for said traps. You also weren't allowed to die once.

There were a few others that stepped outside the box but those two were the first to leap to mind. The was also the story side mission tied to shred the darkness thinking about it.

I think you should check out Like a Dream S4 if you wanted a hard mission for TA :P

Shadowth117
Jan 16, 2013, 06:01 PM
I think you should check out Like a Dream S4 if you wanted a hard mission for TA :P

I miss that mission ;-; I miss a lot of PSU missions actually. We need more runs like that again...

Ce'Nedra
Jan 16, 2013, 06:04 PM
It got better in later events. Shred the darkness featured one of the hardest quest in it that required you to defend a certain spot on a map, keep the mobs away from a specific spot. And after the first get your self use to it area. That fucking quest dropped in an area where the mobs SPRINTED for the spot you were suppose to keep them away from. Ignoring almost everything else. .

I so remember this...I came online finnaly on psu during this event and thought " if whole psu is like this it might be better then pso" such an awesome event ;-; brings back good memories

Raymee
Jan 16, 2013, 06:09 PM
I miss that mission ;-; I miss a lot of PSU missions actually. We need more runs like that again...

Then when something rewarding drops:

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/k7pH[/spoiler-box]

Made my day that time, never got to use it though :'(

oh, found another pic that also made my day..
this one I definitely got to use :3

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/kATb[/spoiler-box]

Good times... ;-; I wish PSO2 was a little more rewarding at times.

Laxedrane
Jan 16, 2013, 06:14 PM

If that was JP servers only I never got a chance to be on there to experience it.

I may of over emphasize the hard it's just what made those quests unique made them harder becuase the win condition wasn't just KILL EVERYTING.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 18, 2013, 04:40 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-valentines-update/

New info!

Edit: DAT NEW TA...Gwanadha in forest and Fang Banther in Tundra :O

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 04:50 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-valentines-update/

New info!

Edit: DAT NEW TA...Gwanadha in forest and Fang Banther in Tundra :O
Yay farmable mehrennenka's :3

Maximum Burst
Jan 18, 2013, 05:05 AM
They should have had Shii wear the apron outfit instead of that mechanic's outfit...

ArcaneTechs
Jan 18, 2013, 05:07 AM
oh my god the video for the content finally comes out, CAKE SISTER OUTFIT IS MINE!!! hahahah!!

Xie's outfit and Ank Bico?! i must HAVE!!!

now i have to buy a cast for that those parts :0

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jan 18, 2013, 05:15 AM
Oh my sides....

That Cast outfit.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 18, 2013, 05:16 AM
Oh my sides....

That Cast outfit.

the big one? i laughed at it

Xaeris
Jan 18, 2013, 05:18 AM
So much for all that talk about this being a nothing update.

My opinion towards Xie's outfit, now that I can see it more clearly, is "must get." I'm not sure if it's actually on the scratch though. As for the rest of that stuff though...yeah...

CelestialBlade
Jan 18, 2013, 05:20 AM
That female mechanic outfit. I MUST HAVE IT.

Dnd
Jan 18, 2013, 05:21 AM
Well, bloody hell sega - consider me officially hyped for those new quests, they look like darkers den style quests, but accessible to everyone? oh my...

Laxedrane
Jan 18, 2013, 05:29 AM
I am a little confused. It looks like forest->tundra->Ruins. However why did they show the ruins boss in the desert? Is there something significant to that?

I guess the valentine's day outfit if there is one won't come out till the 13th. Unless the cake sister outfit is suppose to be it. Now we have a better look at the men's outfit it's pretty cool even though I think my alt like it more but barely use him these days.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 18, 2013, 05:31 AM
Not very sold on Shii's new outfit, but I like the new volcano themed female outfit, the hazmat suit and the Naura outfits. It probably isn't, but I wonder if the hazmat suit is unisex? Would be amusing to actually send a party to Caves in full hazmat gear. :3

@Laxadrane: That's for the advanced quests.

Darki
Jan 18, 2013, 05:36 AM
They could for once add 5 outfits for males and 1 for females. <_< But to be honest, I'd rather have more weapons... I'm happy enough with the 20 outfits I have sitting in storage. At this pace I'm going to beat my PSU outfit record for 5 years in just half a year. ._.

Xaeris
Jan 18, 2013, 05:42 AM
Guys, I think you should keep your hopes for Xie's outfit subdued. It doesn't show up with the other outfits when they're being displayed like they usually are in preview videos and I don't see anywhere it's mentioned by name. I think Sega might be trolling us here and saving it for the next scratch. Or maybe they just forgot. I'm just saying, keep it in mind.

I'm interested by these advanced quests, but I haven't seen enough to give me anything to say.

Rien
Jan 18, 2013, 05:44 AM
I want the new caseal outfit.

Dagger/Knuckles with those huge shoulderpads would look hilarious.

dioje
Jan 18, 2013, 05:47 AM
It's not like she can't have an outfit exclusive to her or anything, right?

Shinmarizu
Jan 18, 2013, 05:48 AM
I would appreciate it if some unisex costumes would come out. Something different for a change.

Otherwise, a Naura outfit and the mechanic outfit will be on my shopping list. Wondering what the chaser accessory will be...

CelestialBlade
I don't care when it comes out, I just want it.

It's interesting that she's not in the general theme-of-the-month outfit though.

Xaeris
Well, in all of her previous appearances, she's worn the seasonal outfit featured in the scratch, so it'd be a weird precedent to start now.

Laxedrane
Jan 18, 2013, 06:04 AM
I don't care when it comes out, I just want it.

It's interesting that she's not in the general theme-of-the-month outfit though.

Personally I am surprised at sega resistance to just released random clothing with heart prints all over it BECAUSE THAT SAYS VALENTINES DAY TO ME!*sarcasm*

They could be saving her outfit the scratch that coming out 2 days before valentine's day. Despite this scratches name it doesn't seem very valentine's day to me like I said before... some where. I was expecting more formal wear you wear to a fancy restaurant. Not spelunking gear.

Rien
Jan 18, 2013, 06:27 AM
So how many of you are going to wear the heartbreaker outfit when this comes...?

Xaeris
Jan 18, 2013, 06:42 AM
I just had a thought. If these advanced quests have a gating mechanism on them like the Marathon quests (seems plausible, given past games), they should theoretically be eligible for abduction. Which, um, would solve our gripes pretty nicely.

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 06:43 AM
New TA quest looks amazing. All those enemies, and I'm calling a badass quest right here. Finally something new to play.

Reiketsu
Jan 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
Guys, I think you should keep your hopes for Xie's outfit subdued. It doesn't show up with the other outfits when they're being displayed like they usually are in preview videos and I don't see anywhere it's mentioned by name. I think Sega might be trolling us here and saving it for the next scratch. Or maybe they just forgot. I'm just saying, keep it in mind.

I'm interested by these advanced quests, but I haven't seen enough to give me anything to say.

Argh, I want Xie's Outfit!! Q_Q I mean... I knew it... there are some details about it I don't really like, but overall it's like exactly my style of clothing, or at least what comes quite close to the stuff I like to wear, so I need it ;_;"

But am I color-blind or did they show the white rappy outfit? I thought there was supposed to be a pink one?

Oh, and TA with Ruins will be really interesting *_*

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2013, 07:26 AM
My opinion towards Xie's outfit, now that I can see it more clearly, is "must get."

HOLY FUCK XIE WHY IS YOUR SHIRT WIDE-OPEN NEVER MIND I DON'T CARE CAN I HAVE THAT OUTFIT PLEASE LIKE RIGHT NOW WOULD BE GOOD

Reiketsu
Jan 18, 2013, 07:34 AM
HOLY FUCK XIE WHY IS YOUR SHIRT WIDE-OPEN NEVER MIND I DON'T CARE CAN I HAVE THAT OUTFIT PLEASE LIKE RIGHT NOW WOULD BE GOOD

That's actually one of the details I don't like too much about it, lol
But oh well... I still need this more than anything else, clothing-wise T_T

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 07:34 AM
But am I color-blind or did they show the white rappy outfit? I thought there was supposed to be a pink one?
It is pink, but it's extremely faint.

Reiketsu
Jan 18, 2013, 07:37 AM
It is pink, but it's extremely faint.

Yeah, I took another really close look... I hope that's just because of the lighting in forest, otherwise it's lame... I want it to be as pink as the Valentine's rappy... ._.

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2013, 07:46 AM
As for the actual outfits we're getting, they all kind of look dumb now that I see them up close. The male fleshie one probably won't be too bad without that helmet, but all those other ones....guh. I'll still look at in-shop previews though, just to be sure. Also, gonna make sure to save any Rappy Suits I get, seeing how the prices for the white ones are engorged beyond belief at this point. The pink one will probably follow suit (lol) in a month or so.

Oh, and obviously the heart glasses are going on after this update hits.

gigawuts
Jan 18, 2013, 08:22 AM
Odds are looking good for advanced quests being easy access abductions, outside of the den.

Loving that new TA too.

And those casts parts, oh man. I can't wait to mix blimp parts with airplane parts (or warhammer power armor parts, whatever).

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 08:45 AM
New TA quest looks interesting after looking at the video in a bit more detail:

Forest Area 1 - Kill everything in the middle, 4-way split into Area 2
Forest Area 2 - Solo something in each Area (Forest 2-A/B/C/D -- one has a Gwanahda, maybe all the others do?)
Tundra Area 3 - Start at the 4 corners and meet in the middle. Kill stuff!
Tundra Area 4 - Seems you split 2/2 here, and one of them has a Fang Banther, maybe both do (who knows?), then you move onto Ruins.

Ruins Area 5 / 6 - Kill stuff in 5 (no idea if split), then Ragne is in Area 6.

Do want, next week needs to come faster. >:|

NoiseHERO
Jan 18, 2013, 08:50 AM
/is only one drooling over volcano helmet

> Everyone ends up getting one aswell anyway.

Anduril
Jan 18, 2013, 09:19 AM
I was looking for a decent Force/Techer outfit, and the Crater set seems to be up my alley. As for Xie's outfit, I've never been much of a fan of that kind of look, so even when it comes out, I think I'll pass.

Coatl
Jan 18, 2013, 09:22 AM
/is only one drooling over volcano helmet

> Everyone ends up getting one aswell anyway.

Volcano helm could make the perfect masterchief cosplay.
>_>

NoiseHERO
Jan 18, 2013, 09:27 AM
>_>

Yeah Master Chief like all those other guys that copied anime robot suits, super sentai(power rangers), samus aran, japanese super heroes in general!

I'll kill you for comparing my obsession for Japanese sci-fi helmets to master chief!!!

/NERD RAGE >8O

/Flips table

/Throws more meseta at the screen

/Flips more tables

gigawuts
Jan 18, 2013, 09:30 AM
omg i can cosplay samus even better

hngh

Ezodagrom
Jan 18, 2013, 01:34 PM
This was posted at Neogaf:

- New roadmap will be posted in early February
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46586788&postcount=2180

I guess the roadmap that was shown in December was pretty much incomplete.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm actually really liking that caseal outfit. Reminds me of an IS

consume
Jan 18, 2013, 02:29 PM
Can't wait to see what new unobtainable rares those lv 56 bosses will drop.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 18, 2013, 02:52 PM
>_>

don't you dare compare my favorite sci fi shooter series to my favorite online sci fi RPG Coatl (I kid) anyways ya this update looks sweet

Zyrusticae
Jan 18, 2013, 03:00 PM
Goddammit, what the hell?! Why give Xie an outfit that's not being released until February?! Guuhhhrrr.....!

Aeris
Jan 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
Goddammit, what the hell?! Why give Xie an outfit that's not being released until February?! Guuhhhrrr.....!

Thats sega for you lol, they decided to tease us with it on a favorable npc.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 18, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hmm, interested in that Hilbert set for caseals, silly shoulders and all. Might make that my new main body... but I like my Ranks arms/legs too. Choices :(

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2013, 04:57 PM

Waitwaitwait hold on. Who said it was being released in February?

Also, anyone else get a super-ass-mega-ultra LOST PLANET vibe from all the new outfits? Especially the Crater Fadl/Veil. If that's not a Snow Pirate, then I dunno what is.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
Only people with darker skin will look decent in Xie's outfit

/my opinion on any outfit that shows the belly

CelestialBlade
Jan 18, 2013, 04:59 PM
Source? I can see we won't be getting it next week in all likelihood, but I haven't seen anything on the following updates.

Ezodagrom
Jan 18, 2013, 05:06 PM
Waitwaitwait hold on. Who said it was being released in February?
Well, the new year scratch is being replaced in February 13th, I guess Zyrusticae is assuming that Shie's clothes will be released then? ^^;

Resanoca
Jan 18, 2013, 05:17 PM
Only people with darker skin will look decent in Xie's outfit

/my opinion on any outfit that shows the bellyYup. Just an opinion.

jooozek
Jan 18, 2013, 05:25 PM
Can't wait to see the bullshit ritual you will need to perform to get a one chance at those advanced missions.

SPOnion
Jan 18, 2013, 05:31 PM
So according to bumped lv 55 is coming on 23rd and there will be no 99 collecting quests for that?! Finally!

Also...how generously did Xie give XP per quests may I ask?

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2013, 05:33 PM
The Christmas quests were 10-30k, I believe.

SPOnion
Jan 18, 2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks...seems I can get my 47hu/32te a few levels...

Resanoca
Jan 18, 2013, 05:57 PM
So according to bumped lv 55 is coming on 23rd and there will be no 99 collecting quests for that?! Finally!

Also...how generously did Xie give XP per quests may I ask?
If you did all the quests, you'd make 75k EXP daily.

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
Well, Xie's FIRST order gives 15,000, so it's probably another batch of lots of EXP.

Laxedrane
Jan 18, 2013, 06:15 PM
Some people (myself included) think that since sega hasn't specifically mentioned it being released in their scratch, that it won't be until the next scratch in February. Since while it's weird for xie to show up in an unreleased outfit, it's just as odd for them to just randomly add clothes to the scratch without mentioning it.

Aeris
Jan 18, 2013, 06:51 PM
The outfit Xie is wearing reminds me of Advance Wars the game lol.

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 06:53 PM
I suddenly have this feeling that there should be a cast-esque all-race outfit.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2013, 07:10 PM
I forget didn't they say they were gonna do something with the grinding system at the end of the month?

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 07:20 PM
They did.
It might be after the maint on jan 30?
idk.

gigawuts
Jan 18, 2013, 07:26 PM
It was going to be in january, and they've kept very quiet about it ever since. It's the reason why grinders fell in value from 14k to 10k in less than 45 minutes, and have stuck at 10k since. On ship 2, anyway.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
*sigh* I hope it's soon. Otherwise I might as well sell the grinders I've been saving up :/

Enforcer MKV
Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 PM
....Well then, this update looks nice.

Male Cast, Apron and Rappy outfit are the only outfits I don't like. Male Cast makes me think of a pressure cooker. Rappy outfit is just Rappy, so...bleh. Let me punt the dang thing and I'll be happy. I'm definitely getting that space pirate vibe from the fleshy outfits, yeah. Thanks for not mucking up the female's outfit with a ridiculously placed hole for once, Sega. Appreciate that. :V Digging the Caseal's outfit, also getting the IS feel. Mechanic's outfit....actually looks really good, I think. Hope that's released soon for everyone who wants it.

The TA sounds really fun. Party gets split up eventually? Now THAT sounds like a good opportunity to introduce fun CO-OP mechanics with each group helping one another to proceed.

Advanced Quests? Ehm, well, if the sections I think are the advanced quests really ARE the AQs....

Good job, Sega. You might just save this game, yet. Just don't fold to casuals who think they're too hard. Oh, and better rare rifle designs, please. XD