PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Why will YOU jump ship to the US version?

EXPFULL
Jan 16, 2013, 08:51 AM
We're hearing lots of talk of SHIP2 folk wanting to jump ship when the US/EU version comes out... but when asked, most can't give us a straight answer as to why!

I'd like to feature this as a HOT TOPIC in our next episode, so would love to get feedback.
Please cast your vote and explain why below!

Thanks for your time!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jan 16, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'll likely be keeping JP PSO2 as my home server, but I do plan on playing the US/EU version for story stuff... and friends that don't want to bother with the JP version.

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 09:49 AM
Wait, they aren't dubbing the cinematics?

darkante
Jan 16, 2013, 10:06 AM
Doubtful i will switch. Earlier PSU experience gave me a sour taste with not only losing all my progress on the PC/PS2 version, but also being falsely promised on the Xbox side with "super duper new content".

So thatīs just dandy, i havenīt touched PSO2 since September/Oktober because of burn-out and lack of drawing power though.
Iīm not too fond either of the money handling, but new content can be trusted and that might just draw me back on eventually.

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
and the last option will be why the international version will meet the same fate as PSO/PSU

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2013, 10:51 AM
Oddly, the option I'm picking isn't on this list mostly because nobody seems to ever post a "Will you also be playing the US version" poll. I would pick 2, but I'm not exactly jumping ship. I'll be pulling a figurative "kage bushin no jutsu" manuever and have a presence on both.

The free-to-play does make swallowing that pill much easier, and doesn't require an investment to play in a different location. I may end up purchasing more stuff on the international release if the Japan servers make paying for stuff a bit of a hassle. Thing is, at least the small amount of money I spend is on content I'd like to enjoy for the life of the server. I don't feel like I'm throwing way more money than the content that is delivered.

Of course, I won't get into any discussion as to what content is worth what. These days, for anything you might pay for, it's hard to beat a Rogue-like for content. Even the few bucks the most expensive (and best graphically) Rogue-likes cost offer insane content vs. money paid. I'd never expect the industry to match that and make money.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 16, 2013, 10:52 AM
To play with my friends and girlfriend who don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to play the JP version, even with the patch.
Don't blame em. I want to understand everything right away and have fun, not force myself to learn what menu option does what and which button does this or that, or the names of items, etc, etc.

GrandYith
Jan 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
Well, I marked I'd change cos of the subtitles and all, cos I believe not everything is fan-translated? I mean, all the writings, of course. I don't know, the patch is still updating, I got it for the 1st time this week :/ But if most texts are translated and I can understand the plot, guess I won't change D:

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2013, 10:55 AM
Eh, I'll make an alt on the US/EU side. Invested too much time into my current character and I don't have enough faith in the international version to want to do that again. It'll be nice to understand the story bits I haven't already grasped though, and hopefully they have a better cash shop because gachas *will not work* outside of Asia.

Caledonia
Jan 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
A mixture of all those reason. Story, friends and community (though I went with community on the poll) -but with the catch that I'm not playing JP at all, am holding out for international.

SwordOkami
Jan 16, 2013, 11:21 AM
Seeing that my RL friends stop playing to wait for a NA version, that's my big reason for creating an alt. That and the story.

HIT0SHI
Jan 16, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mainly for the Story.

However, JP will be my main server (due to the process made) & I'll just simply clone my character in the US/NA version. By now, I know which color I want, what classes to go for, skilltrees & mag stats so essentially, the JP version was my "BETA" version of the game(even though it will be my main version).

AoiChi
Jan 16, 2013, 12:06 PM
My biggest issue is that the game is NOT newbie friendly due to most people already being Lv 35+ in the JP version. At least the english version will be more open to people due to a larger audience knowing how to read English. I can't read Japanese due to the Kanji >.>;

The Walrus
Jan 16, 2013, 12:08 PM
Use the english patch. Game is actually pretty newbie friendly if you go to the right blocks.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jan 16, 2013, 12:28 PM
I have treated my time in the JP servers much like a "BETA" phase like HIT0SHI said. I thought that I would make the switch to the EN servers, but I don't think I will in the end. If I ever have a change of heart the story will most likely be the reason for the switch. I could always juggle the two, but I think I'd have to be completely anti-social on the EN version since I won't use it for much more than story content. ._.

Para
Jan 16, 2013, 12:29 PM
Probably just play the NA version for the story but keeping everything intact on the JP server. Know this... the NA server probably will shut down before the JP server just how it has been in the past.

Aquayoshi
Jan 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm staying on the JP server. I'll still make an NA account, but everyone knows that JP will always have more and better content, better support, and will last longer.

LinkKD
Jan 16, 2013, 12:56 PM
WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?? į-į

jokes aside, the NA versions have some advantages that were displayed on the options in the voting.

however, advantages from staying in the JP servers far outweight those to me ;x (unless the NA release kills the english community in ship 02...which would be very sad >: ...I dont think that'd be the case though.)

Vintasticvin
Jan 16, 2013, 01:15 PM
My reasons for switching would be for the following reasons as follow.

-Stable reliable connection to patching server.
-Safer, more affordable and accessable cash shop.
-Even larger community to congregate with.
-Peace mind knowing you don't have to stress so much about keeping an extreme low profile just to play.
-Less modding and tinkering with applications after each and every patch.
-Hearing a different take on the story characters.

As much as Im going to enjoy playing on my regional server there are just as many cons as they are positives.
-Unfair treatment.
-Lack of quality consumer support.
-Delayed or canceled game updates.
-Shorter server life span.
-Management.

Also as much as it was frowned upon I have to admit it was pretty admirable to get a conversation with those people and found why they did what they had done. On a side note white knights protect the innocent NOT causing them harm but sometimes the hero can't can't always protect everyone and no I am not calling them heroes.

ShinMaruku
Jan 16, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'll jump ship first chance I get. For a few reasons. Less latency, I will have a better idea of what the fuck is going on. I spent less on paying shit, no need using a VPN.

If Sega wants to make the most bucks in the most regions. Region IP block people. DFO and all the other sucessful games do that. Sega can too. Some people here would say "I'd never join even if IP block" well you lot are mostly spinless and I will see your asses on the US server. :P

If the US version does fail well you cna paritally blame people in the west not supporting their version due to some delusion that JP sega is better when it's JP Sega with the codes and the money. Forget that JP Sega made all those shit Sonic games, forget they may Bayonetta 2 get picked up by Nintendo.

Vintasticvin
Jan 16, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'll jump ship first chance I get. For a few reasons. Less latency, I will have a better idea of what the fuck is going on. I spent less on paying shit, no need using a VPN.

If Sega wants to make the most bucks in the most regions. Region IP block people. DFO and all the other sucessful games do that. Sega can too. Some people here would say "I'd never join even if IP block" well you lot are mostly spinless and I will see your asses on the US server. :P

If the US version does fail well you cna paritally blame people in the west not supporting their version due to some delusion that JP sega is better when it's JP Sega with the codes and the money. Forget that JP Sega made all those shit Sonic games, forget they may Bayonetta 2 get picked up by Nintendo.

^Agrees with comment fully

blace
Jan 16, 2013, 02:10 PM
Why do I get the feeling the options are awfully biased? The faults that have been shown in past localization were in part of Sega as a whole and that they were being directed by the parent and manipulated as such. Sure we haven't been given anything definitive as for date of release in the west, but for everyone that is playing outside of Japan is playing against the ToS for playing from a region that isn't a part of the service.

With that aside, you won't be able to make up time spent on the Japanese version, but there is still a large number of people either making the jump or prefer it in a language or region that was made or refined for them. If anything we can't exactly vocalize our complaints or suggestions without leaping through various hoops. If anything, the people on the fence on whether they'll be playing the Japanese version is due in part of curiosity or lack of information given.

I will spend time on both, mostly due to how most of us are breaking that one part of the terms for playing in the first place. As for the delusions of grandeur for playing on the Japanese servers, you all have seen the various faults made by the oh so glorious Sega of Japan, and will pass that off as bad luck and conisder it to be the master of all branches and deserve all sorts of respect. They did create the series and it did originate from there, but they've shown how much they can botch up anything let alone create their titles for varying audiences with excessive fan service.

Vintasticvin
Jan 16, 2013, 02:16 PM
Why do I get the feeling the options are awfully biased? The faults that have been shown in past localization were in part of Sega as a whole and that they were being directed by the parent and manipulated as such. Sure we haven't been given anything definitive as for date of release in the west, but for everyone that is playing outside of Japan is playing against the ToS for playing from a region that isn't a part of the service.

With that aside, you won't be able to make up time spent on the Japanese version, but there is still a large number of people either making the jump or prefer it in a language or region that was made or refined for them. If anything we can't exactly vocalize our complaints or suggestions without leaping through various hoops. If anything, the people on the fence on whether they'll be playing the Japanese version is due in part of curiosity or lack of information given.

I will spend time on both, mostly due to how most of us are breaking that one part of the terms for playing in the first place.

As much as you kinda creep me out I also agree with your post and most importantly the ToS part. I actually feel guilty for breaking the rules.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
I'll give English version a shot for sure. But Unless they start actively banning English players on the JP servers, I'd like to keep my progress. Gives me a decent excuse to start brushing up on my Japanese beyond silly katakana.

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 02:24 PM
All I know is, Sega of Japan aren't particularly enthralling with the Japanese version of PSO2. While they were better with PSO and PSU, I feel they're stepping backwards with PSO2 and that they're just acting as SoA were in the past, with slow content updates, nothing particularly exciting and whatnot. I'm a little disappointed as I planned to stay on the JP servers since SoJ were pretty good, but not anymore, it seems.

PS: Western players playing on the JP servers is not going to make the game fail. Compared to the amount that would be on the Western servers, the EN players on the JP would be a minority.

Aquayoshi
Jan 16, 2013, 02:30 PM

Except the JP version has historical precedent for being better, with both PSOBB and PSU. Both of those games got content the US versions never did, and both games' JP servers stayed up much longer than the US servers.
And, people (including me) hate starting over at level 1.
I see your point about the game possibly failing in the US because everyone's over on JP, but the PS series is already semi-obscure in the States anyway, and it's Sega of America's fault for not advertising it more.

Also, Sonic 06 (Widely regarded as the absolute worst Sonic game) came out around the same time as vanilla PSU did. (Regarded by many, but not all PS fans, as the worst of the MMO Phantasy Stars. Note that I'm talking about vanilla, not the game as it was after AotI.)
Both were made by Sonic Team. Both were poorly received critically as well as by fans. Both series have more recently been getting better reviews, and PSU itself had become a hell of a lot better by the time it was shut down.
It seems like Sonic Team has gotten their shit together.

Anyway, whining about SoA's percieved incompetence (SPOILER: They're nowhere near as bad as Nexon), and whining about the whiners are both pointless. Why don't people just play both? Doing that allows you to get the best of both worlds! :-P

Mystil
Jan 16, 2013, 02:43 PM
Eh, I'll be going. Nothing for me on the JP servers, at least not what I'm looking for.

All I know is, Sega of Japan aren't particularly enthralling with the Japanese version of PSO2. While they were better with PSO and PSU, I feel they're stepping backwards with PSO2 and that they're just acting as SoA were in the past, with slow content updates, nothing particularly exciting and whatnot. I'm a little disappointed as I planned to stay on the JP servers since SoJ were pretty good, but not anymore, it seems.

There's been updates almost every month..

Sierhiet
Jan 16, 2013, 02:50 PM
Eh, I'll be going. Nothing for me on the JP servers, at least not what I'm looking for.

Not to mention these Q&A sessions intended to make improvements post launch. Something unprecedented in the past.

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2013, 02:54 PM
I agree with the idea that SEGA did have some game quality release issues for a time, but they also provided a good number of great titles to go with that as well. I, for one, saw major improvements from the Sonic 06' period since Unleashed, and that progression of "improved" Sonic games has continued until now. Minus a "physics" feel setback in Sonic 4 Part 1. After Generations, I think they've fully recovered on that front and is ready to push ahead. Considering that Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed pretty much rocks, is fortunately supporting that theory. (Glad SUMO was taken in as a developer and pulled Sega racing from the Brink)

But the idea of Japan getting loads of exclusives and slow updates to the Western version goes back to the original PSO games on Dreamcast. I remember all the content they got while we were permanently stuck with just "Letters from Lionel". On the other hand, PSZ and PSP2 was probably as close as Sonic Team ever gotten to giving the international release, the lion's share of Japanese-release content. That brought along new promise, until they undid it a bit with the Japan-only PSP2 Infinity.

Anyway, the biggest thing is that it is free-to-play, and that (along with the portable versions) is the best reason to actually give the western version a chance. It only hurts more if you pay the same money to basically help fund another region's content you don't get. But in this case, you get everything you pay for.

Not to mention these Q&A sessions intended to make improvements post launch. Something unprecedented in the past.

Agreed on that, too. Also like Mystil has been saying, they've been very consistent with their updates. I haven't really seen a break in new stuff coming.

UnLucky
Jan 16, 2013, 02:56 PM
So what if it's SoJ who's at fault for gimping the NA/EU release, if the service is bad, I'm getting out of there and blaming Sega.

If everyone I know makes good on their claims and weren't just finding excuses not to play with me on the JP server, I'll at least be there for a couple weeks.

If the content is delayed, I can farm meseta before NPC vendors turn stingy, and if subclasses are released I can at least make some progress until I get bored of the inferior server. Hey, maybe the cash shop will be fairly priced or something.

Seany1990
Jan 16, 2013, 02:56 PM
But in this case, you get everything you pay for.

Except trading, character slots And shops

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2013, 02:57 PM
Well, if you pay for them, you do get them. If you don't, you don't get them. I'm talking about vapor content you pay continual money for that you don't see new content with. In this case: "you see it, you want it, you buy it, you have it". A lot of people can agree with that kind of transaction. Not to mention, there's stuff you can buy with earned in-game currency.

Sierhiet
Jan 16, 2013, 03:06 PM
Anyway, the biggest thing is that it is free-to-play, and that (along with the portable versions) is the best reason to actually give the western version a chance. It only hurts more if you pay the same money to basically help fund another region's content you don't get. But in this case, you get everything you pay for.

Agreed.

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 03:33 PM
Good updates? Not really. The game is being kept at a poor quality because SEGA knows they can milk the game using fanservice. The entire game is kept under RNG-lock, and SEGA just keeps abusing this. The content updates are extremely slow (every month doesn't cut it when you get something tiny) for anything decent, half of the month is devoted to only scratches, and now SEGA are bringing out scratches faster than before, and putting content to one side.

JP servers really aren't as perfect as people say. The Q&A are nice, but we really have no idea if they're being acted upon.

EDIT: And they also take a while to fix some bugs. The GFX glitches were around for a month, while the faceless glitch was around for 2 weeks, and recently a 614 error has been plaguing Ship 2. I assume it's been amended to with this maint, but it was approaching 2 weeks of happening. There's also been lag issues with the server (that JPs have been complaining about also). :\

EDIT2: I guess the problems I'm speaking about aren't really what people are 'worried' about, as they're really problems with the game I guess, but this is all SoJ making these decisions and acting upon them, so I can't really blame anyone else. The speed of the content updates is what's really bothering me, as while we might get new content, it's nothing gameplay enriching or even decent. It feels as slow as SoA were with PSU, because nothing 'new' is really being added that I can just pick up and play.

EDIT3: But then again, if stuff is bad on SoJ's end, I don't see it being better on SoA's as stuff has to go through SoJ to get to SoA. x.x

Darki
Jan 16, 2013, 03:44 PM

Funny that you say that. Considering that I'd have been playing for almost (or more than, possibly) a year to the game in the JP servers, I may end switching to the US ones if there's no other possible option (and I'd be sure to explore them), but I would hardly be there the next day I'd get kicked from JP. Why would I? I'd have to do the same shit all over again, and if the game starts lacking content from JP, I wouldn't like to play after having gotten used to them.

In any case, I think if SEGA wanted to IP ban us they would have done so when the announced the US servers. Why would they keep us there knowing that the more they take to ban us, the more people wouldn't switch servers?

Same as I can't say I won't ever play in the US servers, you can't really say that I surely will. If the server does not suck, and I can't play in the JP ones, then I probably will. If the server sucks, or I can still play in the JP ones, then I won't. If the server sucks horribly, I'll be sure to try to sneak back in JP if possible.

You know that JP SEGA is "better" simply because it's the head branch and they would obviously make the best shit for themselves. No matter how good the US branch would be, JP will always be first in terms of content and server quality. If anything, US servers might be of similar quality, technically talking (and since connection also depends on proximity some people might get better playtime on one or another server), and the only way the US servers would ever be "better" than the JP ones would depend on the quality of the community.

But anyways, how much western people do you think that plays this game? Seriously, for every player I know there are at least 4 that don't want to try out the game in JP for some reason. I doubt that we are more than some hundreds, maybe some thousands, and I'm sorry, but if that amount were a good percentage of the total "potential US server population", you think they'd make a whole game for maybe a couple thousand players? That can't even be the total population of a single block of a single ship in JP, and we got 10 ships with around 50 blocks each.

I just don't get why can't people play in whichever server they fucking want. I don't really wanna play in an US server any more than I'd want to play in the JP servers. I play JP because it's here already, because I have friends there and because I don't have any problems playing there. I don't really want to start over again.

D-Inferno
Jan 16, 2013, 03:49 PM
I'm mainly curious as to how AC, as well as the leveling curve, will be handled on the international servers. I'm pretty sure Sakai said something about "rebalancing" on the international servers.

Then again, things like the RNG gameplay will still be there, and slow content probably are going to go at the same pace as PSO2 JP.

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2013, 03:51 PM
Not sure about population, but all I know. If they do make a Vita version stateside, just about every western Vita owner would be on this game. They'd be so hungry for it, they couldn't resist. As for PC, it's still unique and that uniqueness will attract some folk. Seems, these particular days, people are willing to give any MMO (with a name behind it) a good chance. Of course, it depends on their tastes if they stick around for long. It may be unique, but I wouldn't be surrpised if a good number of initial sign ups are from folks who may not care for Phantasy Star's unique hook.

Valimer
Jan 16, 2013, 03:52 PM
EDIT2: I guess the problems I'm speaking about aren't really what people are 'worried' about, as they're really problems with the game I guess, but this is all SoJ making these decisions and acting upon them, so I can't really blame anyone else. The speed of the content updates is what's really bothering me, as while we might get new content, it's nothing gameplay enriching or even decent. It feels as slow as SoA were with PSU, because nothing 'new' is really being added that I can just pick up and play.

I know what you mean, and considering this is the case for the JP version of the game, it means SEGA really is an evil money grubbing company, or they sincerely believe that what they are doing for the game is good and satisfactory.

Adding new areas to the game is the biggest content you can expect until you start thinking outside the box and create something new. We've experienced that with sub classing and the clones so far. That's about it.

To be honest, if they don't find a way to give PSO2 a competitive element in time (i realize teams compete in a very passive way, but that is not enough), the NA version will fail. Only PSO vets will play the game on a regular basis.

krophiquon
Jan 16, 2013, 03:52 PM
I really can't say if I'll switch or not. I will definitely try it out at least. If I were to switch, the main reason would be

- Access to the AC Shop

I think this poll is flawed because this should definitely be one of the options.

SQuote
Jan 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
I would switch only if I would want to buy something from the AC shop.

Mystil
Jan 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
Someone mentioned advertising.

The game dont really need it in the US. All that is needed is a good launch. PSU had a good launch but it quickly got stale because nothing was being updated. An example of a bad launch is Aion. I wont get into that though.

Have a good launch and come with constant updates and players will spread the word. You could advertize til you're blue in the face, but if the game is lacking in all the important areas, players will instead urge others to stay away.

Valimer
Jan 16, 2013, 04:57 PM

The game dont really need it in the US. All that is needed is a good launch. PSU had a good launch but it quickly got stale because nothing was being updated. An example of a bad launch is Aion. I wont get into that though.

Have a good launch and come with constant updates and players will spread the word. You could advertize til you're blue in the face, but if the game is lacking in all the important areas, players will instead urge others to stay away.

Word of mouth is a form of advertisement, and the best form. It can work both ways, it can deter new players if they hear bad things about it, or it could bring in a lot of players. People are more likely to say negative things than positive things when it comes to word of mouth. This is true for any product. That should be enough incentive for SoA to really step up and make the game successful... if they really want to make money, they will care.

At least that's what I would like to think. I think SEGA suffers from what a lot of video game publishers suffer from, the play-it-safe syndrome.

Cease
Jan 16, 2013, 05:28 PM
Weren't they talking about maybe unifying the servers? That would be ideal because I'm pretty sure most JP version players would just stick with their current account. Now what would be really cool is if you could transfer everything over to a US account, that would be ideal on segas part considering there is a good English player base right now why not let them continue but not be stuck having to deal with Japanese captcha things every time they wanna log on to the website or add Arks Cash.

Z-0
Jan 16, 2013, 05:29 PM
Laws and crap pretty much makes handling international servers a pain.

The world is different from 12 hours ago.

Cease
Jan 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
Laws and crap pretty much makes handling international servers a pain.

The world is different from 12 hours ago.

Well Square-Enix is doing it just fine so I don't see the problem with that.

Shadowth117
Jan 16, 2013, 05:38 PM

Yeah, of course that's gonna help, but if people continue to ask me "You mean Final Fantasy?" or something along those lines when I mention this series's name I think we have a problem.

And its not like they couldn't do it either. I see ads for video games all over the place all the time. And it definitely does affect how they sell. Just knowing of a game period makes it more likely to sell and the more people who know, the more units that are likely to sell. Sure, CoD and Halo are both arguably decent game series given their success, but saying they owe the majority of their following to word of mouth is crap and we both know it. Word of mouth is absolutely a part of it the reason those games are successful, but its a PART of it and not the whole thing.

Akaimizu
Jan 16, 2013, 05:47 PM
I still think the best part of this whole conversation (Or something that makes me laugh) is that the company we're talking about was originally founded by 4 Americans from 2 different companies, which moved to Japan and changed their name to SEGA. I'm pretty sure there's more irony from more dimensions than I care to think about. Just knowing that makes me smile.

blace
Jan 16, 2013, 05:53 PM
Well Square-Enix is doing it just fine so I don't see the problem with that.

What Sega is doing is having a gambling stlye system in which the RNG determines what you get. In countries outside of Japan, online gambling for pure profit is illegal.

There are a few other things, such as the Nacht weapons associated with companies like Alienware where they have the license for use within Japan, but not so much outside of it.

Vintasticvin
Jan 16, 2013, 06:14 PM
What Sega is doing is having a gambling stlye system in which the RNG determines what you get. In countries outside of Japan, online gambling for pure profit is illegal.

There are a few other things, such as the Nacht weapons associated with companies like Alienware where they have the license for use within Japan, but not so much outside of it.

Dont forget about the Miku line ofclothing and accessories too and the ultra skimpy fleshie costumes :'(

Alenoir
Jan 16, 2013, 06:16 PM
I'm not so sure about the whole "online gambling for pure profit" part.

I mean, if it's illegal, it would've been banned from all the free (and paid) MMORPGs that operates here in the US already. Yes, they all have cash shop lucky boxes.

RadiantLegend
Jan 16, 2013, 06:18 PM
I dont have that much free time, so im staying on Jp server. I have no hope in SoA.

Syklo
Jan 16, 2013, 06:44 PM
Jumping over mainly for story, but also for buddies.
That, and dubs. Hans would probably sound more authentic, afin more or less childish and I'm interested to hear echo.
Not sure about koffie; perfect in JP.

The only problem i have with that is, unless the international version actually launches different servers for different regions, I'd have MORE lag than JP.
Puuu.

blace
Jan 16, 2013, 06:47 PM
I'm not so sure about the whole "online gambling for pure profit" part.

I mean, if it's illegal, it would've been banned from all the free (and paid) MMORPGs that operates here in the US already. Yes, they all have cash shop lucky boxes.

I would have to refer to you to this: http://www.developingconcerns.com/2012/06/articles/game-industry/kompu-gacha-mystery-box-games-and-the-legality-of-blind-virtual-item-sales/

PSO2 uses a gacha system which for intents and purposes is considered illegal. And in part to my phones crappy connection, I'm unable to look up laws for Europe.

Nicktendonick
Jan 16, 2013, 06:51 PM
I'm jumping ship so I can understand it.

Though, I am sure that once the international version comes out, teams will take that data and be able to play the JP version in your language.

What I hope is that this game is so successful, that Sega decides to merge the servers (I would say or in the sequel, but part of me fears the idea of sequels and MMOs)

Syklo
Jan 16, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm jumping ship so I can understand it.

Though, I am sure that once the international version comes out, teams will take that data and be able to play the JP version in your language.

What I hope is that this game is so successful, that Sega decides to merge the servers (I would say or in the sequel, but part of me fears the idea of sequels and MMOs)
And we get more RMT'ers

Brilliant idea!

Gheist
Jan 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
I'm going to jump to US servers. Too much pso nostalgia to not get to experience the story. Do you think they'll region block the US version?

Cease
Jan 16, 2013, 07:08 PM
I don't see the problem with any of that being used in the US considering you can pretty much get away with anything in video games now adays.

blace
Jan 16, 2013, 07:13 PM
I don't see the problem with any of that being used in the US considering you can pretty much get away with anything in video games now adays.

Just giving out information on why servers are separated.

Caledonia
Jan 16, 2013, 07:18 PM
What's interesting me here is the numbers. It's pretty equal, on the poll, between those who will "jump ship" and those staying on JP. And yet, reading the comments, a lot of those staying JP say they will have an international account for story/alt/whatever.

And despite SEGA's past record with international content updates, they haven't failed PSO2 yet, okay, they haven't started, but give them the chance before getting all pessimistic about it.

But for whatever reason, it looks like the greater percentage of us will be on the international/US/EU/Whatever servers at some point, if not permanently. And we represent (probably) only a fraction of the people who will play -it seems to me we could make a good go at this. After all gameplay, fun, isn't all about content release, sometimes it's the things that happen, the inside jokes, that just make it. We're likely to have more of that in a community where there's a larger group with a shared language/cultural frame of reference.

And I am greatly looking forward to many of those moments with you lot =D

Cease
Jan 16, 2013, 07:19 PM
Just giving out information on why servers are separated.

You would think sega would learn from their mistakes with PSU by separating everyone while also having the US version so behind the jap one. They should definitely release the US one with everything the jap version has and update them simaltaniously.

Noc Codez
Jan 16, 2013, 07:30 PM
First off I Just gotta say love your pod cast.. Love listening to your episodes on my way to work.. Keep up the good job..

That being said

I personally will be staying on the JP side.. Being a vet player from the dreamcast era I know how SOA operates and PSU was kind of the straw that broke the camels back..
Shall we go down SOA history?

PSO/PSOBB

Lack of support,BSOD,FSOD, endless winter lobby (SOA just gave up giving updates),duping rampant

PSU (pc/ps2)

Behind in updates since release with the promise of "we'll catch up to JP",scrip kiddies dupe Meseta via cheat engine (PC), mass making of unreleased weapons year one of server opening (Rucar,spread needle etc) mass inflation that destroyed the in game economy due to everyone having stacks of meseta from hackers..thus killing the population and thus server closure.

PSU (Xbox 360)

MGG (Machine gun glitch) where a player would shoot rapid fire without the loss of PP,grinder glitch where players duped stack upon stacks of S+10s which later effected the economy. Porn advertising for meseta/services (some females would send pics for rares that is very sad) account stealing due to people calling Xbox live support faking to be that person and thus stealing their account and let's not forget the lobby spam.. And scamming.. And reskin,reskin,reskins!!

Now with Symbol art being introduced to PSO2 I can imagine the spam..Not going to be pretty.. With all that has happened in the past and SOA lack of interest in Past PS titles I guarantee history will repeat itself.. I rather save me the headache and stay on the JP side where I know updates/problems is limited not saying we have our share of problems but it 10x less then other PS titles..

So in closing I'll be staying JP where the grass is greener.. Lol

Noblewine
Jan 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
I'm going to look into it but I might as well just avoid the NA/EU hub. Even if it means playing a game in a different language.

Mike
Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 PM
I would have to refer to you to this: http://www.developingconcerns.com/2012/06/articles/game-industry/kompu-gacha-mystery-box-games-and-the-legality-of-blind-virtual-item-sales/
Interesting read. PSO2 no longer uses a complete gacha though. Sega's also been working at some of the things listed to would make things less likely to touch on the the law. From the linked blog:

Another strategy could be to remove the "prize" element. This would involve doing two things: a) not offering a "grand prize;" and b) making all game pieces of approximately equal worth.
PSO2 switched from a complete gacha to a regular gacha during the closed beta because offering a grand prize was determined to be illegal in Japan so that's A. Sega has also been working towards B by introducing systems that give more value to AC items.

Sega has also done two, or three depending on how you think of a pack, of the things this blogger lists as being good for public relations. They list what's in each of the AC scratches giving "the buyer has the opportunity to decide whether the sale is something in which they wish to participate." Sega also groups items. The only two categories are "Everything" and "Costumes" and they do so in a way that is designed to increase profits so it's probably debatable as to if this is good PR. They also sell scratch tickets in a pack. It's not exactly what the linked blogger would think of a pack but if you took it to Sega they'd probably say "Sure, that's a pack. You're even getting one free ticket! That's a bargain!"

My one hope for the international versions of PSO2 was that the cash shop would be overhauled and the AC scratch done away with but I've had the feeling for a while now that Sega will include whatever legal random cash shop they can in international versions. I'm not opposed to the game being free-to-play but I am opposed to Sega turning a game series I enjoy in to a random, real-money cash grab.

UnLucky
Jan 16, 2013, 11:58 PM
If they changed the scratch prizes to be purchasable individually and make every AC item tradeable I would stand on my head and give them $50. I'm not going to ever touch an AC scratch ticket the way it is.

There are people who spend thousands to trade cash shop stuff to players in other MMOs, why doesn't Sega want to make bank?

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
Except the JP version has historical precedent for being better, with both PSOBB and PSU. Both of those games got content the US versions never did, and both games' JP servers stayed up much longer than the US servers.
A Why don't people just play both? Doing that allows you to get the best of both worlds! :-P
That was mainly due to lack of support in the US and Online games being crapshoot in the past without being free to play.
And Nexon ain't incompetent, Nexon gives no fucks XD
I am still laughing at the people in gw2 freaking out when they bought NCSoft.

Coatl
Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 AM
If the NA version comes out and if the story actually gets translated in english with the use of the english patch I will never set foot in NA PSO2.

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2013, 12:10 AM
Well the story is server side so good luck with that English patch :P

Vintasticvin
Jan 17, 2013, 12:14 AM
If the NA version comes out and if the story actually gets translated in english with the use of the english patch I will never set foot in NA PSO2.

Uhhh you wern't even gonna step foot in the "international" version anyways >_<

Noc Codez
Jan 17, 2013, 01:46 AM
So if that's the case can we expect a full English patch when NA is released (minus items of course)? Also will they stop support on the English patch when NA is released..

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 01:50 AM
So if that's the case can we expect a full English patch when NA is released (minus items of course)? Also will they stop support on the English patch when NA is released..
They said that they would most likely conform to the international version's translations.
As for a complete one, that I'm not sure.

EvilMag
Jan 17, 2013, 01:53 AM
As what they pointed out, they won't translate the story because it would make the patch really big.

Cyclon
Jan 17, 2013, 02:26 AM
Obviously not switching because of the community, since I've been actively trying to avoid it on ship 2 for quite some time now(no offense).
Friends? Eh. I can just feel that once the JP excuse will be gone, they'll find something else. Wait, in fact, they already have. Depending on my mood, I may not even ask.
Story? Yeah, so for all of you that switch because of that, beware. The story might be very, very bad. Or not. Still, beware.

So why do I intend to play both? Well, out of curiosity? Also friends, still, maybe, somehow.
Seeing as these reasons alone will probably not keep me on the EU version, if it fails miserably I guess I'm back to soloing on JP from time to time. Or doing the same thing on EU if we get ip banned from JP.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 17, 2013, 02:43 AM
and the last option will be why the international version will meet the same fate as PSO/PSU

why do people insist still after ALL THIS TIME that a small portion of US players on the JP servers is gonna be the reason why PSO2 US/EU is gonna shutdown early? are you guys stupid or something? small amount of people isnt gonna compare to the vast amount of US/EU players playing the US/EU that will hit on the first day it comes out. You guys swear that if 500k people played, that (lets say 500 JP players) 499,500 players is gonna be reason enough for them to shut down the servers.

Again, if you guys didnt learn anything from PSU and PSO ep1&2, then thats on you, if you honest to god think you should give SoA their LAST CHANCE with this Phantasy Star game then play those servers and quit blaming the small amount of US players on JP.

end rant, not even mad

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 06:44 AM
Since I don't know how to put a picture in my post.
You just upload to some image hoster like imgur.com and then use the image url tags.

LegoRappy
Jan 17, 2013, 07:59 AM
Definitely for the story and friends... also i heard we might be banned from the Japanese servers once the NA/EU servers are out?

Depending what they mean by ban, hopefully this can be sorted out by proxies.. i would like to keep my char on the JP servers

Darki
Jan 17, 2013, 08:11 AM
why do people insist still after ALL THIS TIME that a small portion of US players on the JP servers is gonna be the reason why PSO2 US/EU is gonna shutdown early? are you guys stupid or something? small amount of people isnt gonna compare to the vast amount of US/EU players playing the US/EU that will hit on the first day it comes out. You guys swear that if 500k people played, that (lets say 500 JP players) 499,500 players is gonna be reason enough for them to shut down the servers.

Again, if you guys didnt learn anything from PSU and PSO ep1&2, then thats on you, if you honest to god think you should give SoA their LAST CHANCE with this Phantasy Star game then play those servers and quit blaming the small amount of US players on JP.

end rant, not even mad

Quoted for truth. Seriously.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 08:16 AM
I don't think Sega will ever truly abandon the random gacha system. It's an integral part of the model they're using.

To remove it would also necessitate removing much of the random factor in affixing in grinding. Why? Simple: "trash" items in scratch are given a maintained value by these other random systems. An equilibrium has been reached, and it is delicate. Sega will never make sweeping changes on the JP server because of this, and I this is not the kind of company to make sweeping changes for a new server when they can just copypaste what already "works" (without even bringing in ~50% of the content, then being surprised they get fewer players ).

It fails on an individual level because of how incredibly random it is (that is - if it's even objectively random and not modified at all), but in the F2P model individuals don't matter. If you infuriate someone into quitting, who cares? It's free. Five more people just now signed up in his place, and they all want myshops and grind protects. What was that last guy doing? Oh right. One myshop. Who cares?

For the players that do stay, they're pushing items that completely remove any value of last month or difficulty's weapons. These weapons are getting progressively more difficult to improve [i]and obtain. This will be the downfall of the game in the west. This cannot be simply fixed with better odds; but better odds are what we will get. Western customers cannot or will not stomach 500 hours with 0 results when their best pal found 15 untradable copies in 30 hours, not when they can just sign on an F2P game they already have a large swathe of items in that did not require 2 weeks of farming to improve.

This game will have to compete with the likes of TF2 when it comes to the west. That is why Sega has been dead quiet. They need to figure out a way to change it without changing it, and that's not how things work.

Kion
Jan 17, 2013, 08:40 AM

The entire story is translated here. http://sun.gmobb.jp/collins/
Working on the english patch part too. Have a couple of projects to finish up at school this week Will get back to actively working on it soon!

Railkune
Jan 17, 2013, 08:48 AM
I seriously want to know the storyline of the game, but it appears Kion has already bee handling that. So at this point all I want to do is actually get into the game. Hit 30, advance my class, and seriously go bossing/EQ'ing and such. For now I'd much prefer the JAP servers because they seems stable and welcoming, but if they US servers show a similar level of promise then I'll just play on both (assuming we aren't banned from the JAP servers). I say, just let people have their opinions. When they game is released stateside we'll see what happens from there. Maybe Sega will surprise everyone with something new, fresh, and welcoming?

Dnd
Jan 17, 2013, 08:52 AM
Will most likely stay on the Jap servers, will most likely end up making an account and playing with afew people on the English release servers however, but nothing on the scale of the jp playtime since beta heh

LordShade
Jan 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
casual on NA servers

home server will be JP

Alenoir
Jan 17, 2013, 09:51 AM
If they changed the scratch prizes to be purchasable individually and make every AC item tradeable I would stand on my head and give them $50. I'm not going to ever touch an AC scratch ticket the way it is.

There are people who spend thousands to trade cash shop stuff to players in other MMOs, why doesn't Sega want to make bank?

If they do that, each of the "purchasable" scratch prize will either come with an expiration date or costs some insane amount (think $30 to $40 per piece) to obtain one without the rental tag all over it. Seen this happen with various games that offer more than the random box method. It is not pretty.

F2P games want you to spend money on it over time, not make a one-time payment and not pay them ever again.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 09:56 AM
If they allow directly purchasable stuff, male clothes will cost way, way more and female clothes won't cost much less.

The 20% affix boosters will make sure of that.

Until the affix and grind systems are completely revamped, the gacha system must stay for the rest of the game's weapon improvement systems to have any semblance of stability.

edit:

$40 for a cosmetic digital item?
Nobody would pay that..... Surely.

This item cost 100 dollars. Every time it is redeemed every single player is notified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU81onAOyn8
This is the most obvious example. This doesn't hold a goddamn candle to unusuals.

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 09:56 AM

Alenoir
Jan 17, 2013, 10:06 AM

Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE when it was under Aeria Games. Don't know if Altus is doing that still right now or if they've switched to purely random box for costumes. Though SMT:I's includes the whole set or something, so there's more than one piece to it. I think. Been ages since I played it.

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
This item cost 100 dollars. Every time it is redeemed every single player is notified.

Some people have far too much money

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 10:11 AM
Some people have far too much money

http://holdselect.com/2011/07/07/team-fortress-2-hat-sells-for-1500/

And, no, if it makes them happy it's not wasted money. It's theirs to do with as they will. Sure, that 1500 dollars could help someone that needs it, but for better or worse that's just not how things work.

Cypher_9
Jan 17, 2013, 10:13 AM
Well... the only time I would lose on JP server if I was to "jump ship" is the time spent on there... but, I also spent time on PSO, PSU, WoW, DFO, Vindictus, Chapions Online, Requiem... (lol). and left due to circumstances. I did however wanted to support the JP server for making a game I wanted, good thing they refused my gaijin money at the time... now I basically had free credits.. XD

Anyway, as I said on another thread pertaining this - I would just go to the US version just to be engrossed into the story; as well as to help and welcome newcomers and family into the series. I will still remain on the JP servers since I have done a lot of work there and established some friendships with the natives. Whatever happens happens, but its not going to stop us from playing this game or any other games in the process.

Also despite of the past, lets just hope they don't f*** it up this time with the US/EU... this game has potential and we know this - its the decisions of the upper that's making it / taking away from what it can be; cooperate and developer alike.

Vashyron
Jan 17, 2013, 10:15 AM

And, no, if it makes them happy it's not wasted money. It's theirs to do with as they will. Sure, that 1500 dollars could help someone that needs it, but for better or worse that's just not how things work.

And now the same hat is around about $3000+.

:wacko:

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 10:15 AM

I never implied that people can only buy what I say they can. My actual point was that I wish I had $100 I could use to simply broadcast my name to player base.

Cypher_9
Jan 17, 2013, 10:22 AM
And now the same hat is around about $3000+.

:wacko:

VASH! Why you be batman bro? ; -;

Railkune
Jan 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
$1,500 dollars for a hat? No, even if I had that kind of money I don't think...

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2013, 12:48 PM
My watch cost $15K :wacko:

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2013, 02:01 PM
Whats with the prices being so steep? =x
I might switch to NA version so I can understand the story better.

Gama
Jan 17, 2013, 02:14 PM
Early psu experience.

starting on the Na servers and after its death switching to jp servers taught me that na servers will never be able to keep up with the jp servers.

playing on the jp server ganarties that ill have:

Decent content updates, less trolls.

but more importantly, my team/family. i really like them, and like me they wont change to the na servers.

ill watch the story videos on youtube.

Railkune
Jan 17, 2013, 03:27 PM
ill watch the story videos on youtube.

This... is a pretty legit option as well. :/

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
I might switch to NA version

You've broken my heart bro :(

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 PM
You've broken my heart bro :(

Only so I can understand the story.

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
Only so I can understand the story.
Long live the forsakers!

Noblewine
Jan 18, 2013, 12:00 AM
This... is a pretty legit option as well. :/

Or I'll just watch some videos on the story on youtube. Its probably a better choice.

Kion
Jan 18, 2013, 01:18 AM
Or I'll just watch some videos on the story on youtube. Its probably a better choice.

Or you can click here (http://sun.gmobb.jp/collins/)

Kous
Jan 18, 2013, 07:25 PM
Or you can click here (http://sun.gmobb.jp/collins/)

lol They said Watch some video about the storyline, not read them, I don't know about most of yall, but the culture of the game is as equal as the Gameplay. Some of yall are just mindless grinders, who just want gameplay.

That kinda why I don't play the JP server, always trying to lv and grind weapons, For once I would want some fun. On the NA version there will be more diverse ppl who won't all want to just level

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
lol They said Watch some video about the storyline, not read them, I don't know about most of yall, but the culture of the game is as equal as the Gameplay. Some of yall are just mindless grinders, who just want gameplay.

That kinda why I don't play the JP server, always trying to lv and grind weapons, For once I would want some fun. On the NA version there will be more diverse ppl who won't all want to just level
On the same boat as you.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2013, 07:33 PM
Game doesn't really have anything else to offer outside grinding/farming. I mean sure there's a plot but it's kinda terrible.

Valimer
Jan 18, 2013, 07:38 PM
Game doesn't really have anything else to offer outside grinding/farming. I mean sure there's a plot but it's kinda terrible.

Yeah I agree... there is no denying it. They really need to add some sort of competitive element to the game if it's going to be successful in NA.

I always thought it would be cool if there was a board in the lobby that updated live the best TA times by team and best TA times solo, and then at the end of the day top ranking players or teams would get a reward and then the board would refresh for the next day.

IDK they just need something a little more engaging that appeals to humans natural competitive nature.

Bryanpt3
Jan 18, 2013, 07:39 PM
the dang japanese names kill me :/ i cant do it to much confusion

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah I agree... there is no denying it. They really need to add some sort of competitive element to the game if it's going to be successful in NA.

I always thought it would be cool if there was a board in the lobby that updated live the best TA times by team and best TA times solo, and then at the end of the day top ranking players or teams would get a reward and then the board would refresh for the next day.

IDK they just need something a little more engaging that appeals to humans natural competitive nature.
Heard of interrupt rankings?

You can view rankings via the visiphone.
Also those who place first get a 100 FUN ticket.

_Nue
Jan 18, 2013, 07:46 PM
I'm staying on the JP version. I'll prolly make a character on the NA/EU version and maybe grind occasionally, but it will never be as good as the JP version.

Reasons:
-JP version scratches will cater to JP culture. Where the NA/EU release will most likely cater to their pop culture. (But I assume there will be some Japanese culture inspired scratches in the future). Likely scratches I assume will be in English release could be Happy Wedding scratch and the various other Holiday events.
-English community is not favorable. I've had bad experiences with English, and plus the JPs are really nice people, wheres quite a sum of the English community can be straight up obnoxious. I don't want to say it was all bad, but I've also had plenty of good experiences with them.
-Of course, the NA/EU version will be WAY behind in content, so no use there.

And most important of all...

...Less lewd costumes. Seeing as the English release is likely to nerf those possibilities, such as what happened to NA/EU Tera (Elin is not as lewd as the Korean release). I can't play a game where I can't see my char's own pantsu. Every loli needs to be lewd.

Z-0
Jan 18, 2013, 08:00 PM
Heard of interrupt rankings?

You can view rankings via the visiphone.
Also those who place first get a 100 FUN ticket.
Too infrequent (seriously), end up being Boss Rankings (not competitive at all, boils down to how many extra runners you have) and I'd like a reason to TA more often.

Valmer's idea is a fantastic idea and should be implemented.

Also it's 300 FUN and a gold medal which, conveniently, sells for a lot now since IRs are so infrequent! Had so many gold medals from past IRs which I sold for just 100k, wish I held onto them. ;_;

Gold Saw
Jan 18, 2013, 08:22 PM

First time Ive heard of someone complaining about people doing the games objective and purpose. Also your little comment about Japanese just wanting to grind and level. Who are you to go and call them out on how they play "their" games? That's just rude and I'm glad people with a messed up attitude like yours are going on your so called "diverse" EN servers.

MetalDude
Jan 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
I don't think Kous bothered to settle down with a decent team. It makes all the repetition a lot more entertaining when you have fun people to game with. That's pretty much not going to change when you get on NA servers if you're going to look down on people.

Darki
Jan 19, 2013, 04:12 AM

The problem is that once you've done the story all that's left is what apparently you don't like. What will you do then? Stop playing, or become a "mindless grinder who just want gameplay"?

To be honest, I don't consider myself a "mindless grinder", but I play videogames for, well, playing. To watch a film or read books I have real films and books. I love games with a good plot, of course, but I don't really play MMOs for that when normal, singleplayer games are much more focused on plot as well as gameplay. I don't think I'd switch servers over that in particular. I'd rather be in a good server where I can't understand the plot (and I just need to read or watch it somewhere) than in a crap server where I can enjoy the plot that won't take even a 10% of my total gameplay time, and then I can sit on my toes and roll.

Valimer
Jan 19, 2013, 05:03 AM
The problem is that once you've done the story all that's left is what apparently you don't like. What will you do then? Stop playing, or become a "mindless grinder who just want gameplay"?

To be honest, I don't consider myself a "mindless grinder", but I play videogames for, well, playing. To watch a film or read books I have real films and books. I love games with a good plot, of course, but I don't really play MMOs for that when normal, singleplayer games are much more focused on plot as well as gameplay. I don't think I'd switch servers over that in particular. I'd rather be in a good server where I can't understand the plot (and I just need to read or watch it somewhere) than in a crap server where I can enjoy the plot that won't take even a 10% of my total gameplay time, and then I can sit on my toes and roll.

It pains me to say this but, the story for pso is nothing extraordinary... So I agree. It may be worth sacrificing in order to experience a more competent technical aspect of the game.

But one thing is for certain, and this is true for any video game, story can not hurt a game. Even League of Legends has lore written for every champion. In my opinion, story for immersion is a must have in order for me to enjoy and appreciate participating in any fictional world. It makes grinding that much more special.

So needless to say, I'm going to play the story first hand the way they wanted it to be experienced on the NA server, and then if I decide the quality of the NA version is too poor, then I'll go back to JP servers for good.

Darki
Jan 19, 2013, 05:28 AM
To be honest, I don't think this game's plot is THAT bad. Every story has an exposition that introduces all the stuff, a climax where things go shit and finally the resolution where good guys always win. PSO and PSU had it too. Right now, we're at the climax of the "first episode", I'd say, where shit just got real with Falz destroying the Arks fleet like he was spraying mosquitoes. I don't think we'll have just this argumental arc because it's going too fast.

But MMOs are very bad games to concern about plots. How much time might you take on clearing a story focused single player game? I'm thinking about any game with a good plot that took me a long time to beat, Tales of Symphonia comes to my mind, for example. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is kinda short but it's all about plot. Even Zeldas, and I don't think I'd take more than 2 weeks on clearing these games, a month tops if it's an RPG where I'm grinding a bit and checking for all "secrets".

A month in terms of a MMO is a joke, we've been playing this game already for over 5 months. =/ Because of the "endless" nature of the game, story mode can only be something aditional, or being dropped in tidibits over time with the updates like now.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jan 19, 2013, 06:15 AM

Mindless grinders? Some of us actually pace ourselves, strike up conversations with people, find good teams and help out our community. I don't see how leveling up, one of the objectives other than having fun, is problematic or even essential to the representation of a server and its community as a whole. I'm sure nobody wants to hit level cap because it makes them look like a drone caught up in gameplay alone.

Are you suggesting that it's impossible to have fun because the server is Japanese? Players set their own goals and motivate themselves to do what they can to make the game fun with what's given to them. I don't know what world you're living in, but there's nothing wrong with a player trying to make themselves properly equipped for end game content. All egos aside, it should be a goal to strive for at some point in order to get ready for the next major update or make it easier to help out a player in need.

I found my own methods for making this game fun for me and the in game friends I've made. I suggest you do the same or else you'll run into the same problem on the EN servers.

gigawuts
Jan 19, 2013, 08:17 AM

lol do you complain about gun violence in FPS games you play too?

Z-0
Jan 19, 2013, 09:03 AM
playing games isn't fun

Cagedtaytay
Jan 19, 2013, 09:13 AM
playing games isn't fun

Lol. LOL. LOLOLOLOL!

notachick
Jan 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
I have spent far too much time and money on the JP servers to ever make me even look at any other option.

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2013, 10:35 PM
Even in the story bombs I'll still play it, not because of the grinding or mechanics, but I rather have people to run with.

NoiseHERO
Jan 19, 2013, 10:38 PM
playing games isn't fun

Nah that's just PSO2

CJ Johnny
Jan 19, 2013, 10:45 PM
Stay at PSO2 JP.

No intention to go, play, look, or join US/NA/EU.......

When or If the IP Ban to fall in place.
I'll use VPN.

And VPN don't work.

Wait for the next release.

After 2 versions I've played under the Management of SEGA of America.
Thx, but no thanks.

There are 14 Content Updates from July to Dec, 2012.

Think!
How many it may have outside of Japan. . .

Vintasticvin
Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 PM
EXP FULL has done it again... It has us fighting with each other again and most of you all are gonna stay in JP and give your region a chance. But hey its your call ^_^ Anywho I got threads and stuff to check out.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 10:49 PM
So far, the emigrants are outweighing the residents.

blace
Jan 19, 2013, 10:59 PM
So far, the emigrants are outweighing the residents.

I see 69 people staying with the Japanese server, while I see 76 say they're either giving it a chance or plan on playing it.

Kous
Jan 19, 2013, 11:29 PM
Yep its pretty much even, And I think the ppl who said they are going to try it, probably click staying on JP server, so I'd say the data is pretty accurate

EXPFULL
Jan 20, 2013, 05:55 PM
What a fantastic response! Thanks all - we'll be calling a few of you out in episode 12 of our PSO2 Podcast!

Peace.

Noblewine
Jan 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
I doubt jp and na will merge their severs together.

supersonix9
Jan 20, 2013, 09:55 PM
Why would I leave?

Cyrusnagisa
Jan 21, 2013, 11:28 PM
sad but true, the cycle will begin a new, and partly to blame will be the ones staying on the JP servers. Use any excuse you want, but it all boils down to not even giving the international version a chance and dooming it from the start.

Not supporting the international version, and fully supporting the JP version instead is a huge mistake and can lead to another PSO/PSU type cycle.

Zeik2006
Jan 22, 2013, 12:14 AM
Definitely going English version. I have a character on the JP server, but all my friends are going English, so I will too.

Playing with my friends is more important then anything else anyway.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 12:35 AM
sad but true, the cycle will begin a new, and partly to blame will be the ones staying on the JP servers. Use any excuse you want, but it all boils down to not even giving the international version a chance and dooming it from the start.

Not supporting the international version, and fully supporting the JP version instead is a huge mistake and can lead to another PSO/PSU type cycle.

The problem isn't the people who refuse to go to the international server at launch, it is the people who stay there despite the bad service.

Why would anyone give you good service while you're paying them not to?

ShinMaruku
Jan 22, 2013, 12:53 AM
Well if you ask me both regions have bad service.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 AM
Honestly the whole industry reeks of bad service (lol EA universal game bans), but you can either opt to go with the better options or just not play anything at all.

ShinMaruku
Jan 22, 2013, 01:06 AM
Well the industry gives the consumers what they deserve.

MetalDude
Jan 22, 2013, 01:28 AM
In the case of Activision, I would agree to an extent. If people keep buying the same garbage over and over, sure, fuck them. I still think Activision are massive assholes.

ShinMaruku
Jan 22, 2013, 01:47 AM
EA is worse. Much worse.
Activision as bad as they are because they have no true competition.

Feign
Jan 22, 2013, 03:52 PM
SEGAC

Yea, no thanks. Sticking to the JP PSO2 until they IP ban me for giving them my money.

Feign
Jan 22, 2013, 04:48 PM
Use any excuse you want...

PSU

That's not even an excuse, it's an explanation. SoA royally curb-stomped us, and THEIR only excuse was "lolsorry pool's closed" as they pulled the plug. Any post-successes they've had will hopefully carry over to NA PSO2, but until I see them not fall half a year behind in updates (Or more), I'm sticking to the JP side.

I WANT to give them my money, but as it stands, I'd be better off betting that money on NA PSO2 opening at vanilla. That's approaching a year's worth of content we'll be behind on. SOUND FAMILIAR?

/argh

Vintasticvin
Jan 22, 2013, 05:52 PM
PSU

That's not even an excuse, it's an explanation. SoA royally curb-stomped us, and THEIR only excuse was "lolsorry pool's closed" as they pulled the plug. Any post-successes they've had will hopefully carry over to NA PSO2, but until I see them not fall half a year behind in updates (Or more), I'm sticking to the JP side.

I WANT to give them my money, but as it stands, I'd be better off betting that money on NA PSO2 opening at vanilla. That's approaching a year's worth of content we'll be behind on. SOUND FAMILIAR?

/argh

/la almightypimpslapdatstupidhoe

Noc Codez
Jan 22, 2013, 06:44 PM
PSU

/argh

I've tried explaining this numerous times on segacs forums and here. It's not worth it anymore lol. They'll learn eventually

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
The thing is, when people dismiss evidence because they dislike it (while claiming to be objective) they are either...
A.) Trolling
B.) Serious

In neither case should they be given an excuse to continue.

EvilMag
Jan 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
I've tried explaining this numerous times on segacs forums and here. It's not worth it anymore lol. They'll learn eventually

PSO2 shuts down: FUCK YOU SEGAC I WONT SUPPORT YOU AGAIN
Next PS english version is announced: Guise SoA has learned their lessons.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
you forgot the most important reason why all USA players should go to the US servers if released. We need to show support for the series state side. We need to give sega a reason to care about it.

MetalDude
Jan 22, 2013, 06:57 PM
There's a bit of a paradox with that though. Sega's going to make the excuse that the server won't live without support from the players, but the players are going to be reluctant to support the server if SoA lost the trust of the players in the first place. If SoA is actually willing to commit, players are going to take note of it quickly and spread the word. If support's going to suck like previously, players are going to ditch the server and SoA will have no one to blame but themselves.

Kous
Jan 22, 2013, 07:01 PM
PSO2 shuts down: FUCK YOU SEGAC I WONT SUPPORT YOU AGAIN
Next PS english version is announced: Guise SoA has learned their lessons.

I mean everyone who makes this Argument is just butthurt, I mean We all know they screwed you over in PSU, but Sega is close not as "rich" as it used to be, don't you think, since this could be there chance of getting a lot of money, they would try there very best to keep this game alive

But I also agree, Some of yall who say SOA is going to screw up PSO2, just wait a few months and see how things are going, and if were only like 2 updates behind i wouldn't mind, because to face facts, the main server should at least be ahead by a little bit, but if its like 5 updates behind

I would just be Done

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2013, 07:13 PM
I hope the NA server is good. I really do. But SoA stills seems to be as stupid and unreliable as ever so I really doubt it.

Macman
Jan 22, 2013, 08:30 PM
you forgot the most important reason why all USA players should go to the US servers if released. We need to show support for the series state side. We need to give sega a reason to care about it.
They never cared when we DID support them by throwing money at their faces, why would they care now?

Vintasticvin
Jan 22, 2013, 08:37 PM
They never cared when we DID support them by throwing money at their faces, why would they care now?

As angry as I feel you are you must remember they ARE a company and taking money from the populace without a care in the world is what they do, yeah they could care for us once in a while but its their choice to treat and be treated as is. If you are that angry with Sega and have the balls to do so maybe a rampage in their HQ would wake them up to see what they are doing to their customers yeah you might go to jail but you know it would be worth it :P

Macman
Jan 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
OR I can just vote with my dollar and refuse to pay for the watered down gimped NA versions.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 09:14 PM
OR I can just vote with my dollar and refuse to pay for the watered down gimped NA versions.

^ Ding ding ding

It's not our job to make PS fun, it's sega's job. A few hundred fans' worth of cash will not sway sega's decision on whether or not PS is successful in the west.

If PS isn't getting fans, it's because sega didn't make it good enough to attract fans. Simple as that.

Vintasticvin
Jan 22, 2013, 09:17 PM
^ Ding ding ding

It's not our job to make PS fun, it's sega's job. A few hundred fans' worth of cash will not sway sega's decision on whether or not PS is successful in the west.

If PS isn't getting fans, it's because sega didn't make it good enough to attract fans. Simple as that.

Well the fans could always do a protest at Sega's office or something heck even making demonstration and being extremists could always work too?

DS23
Jan 22, 2013, 09:27 PM
I'll play Eng server for story stuffs maybe but unless they achieve content parity with the JP server I'm not fully bailing ever.

unaora
Jan 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
i just joined pso2 2 weeks ago and wanted to get more out of it like player shops and to get a room and stuff etc. but i couldn't get my cc info in right when they asked my name and i had to type it in i think katakana i was having trouble so i'll try the U.S. release to see if the purchasable content is really worth anything but still stay on the jp version if over here the content lags like it did on psu. i played as a toon known as liza bell on psu for pc/ps2 way back fyi.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. There was never a driving force for sega to do it. I can see how they lost money. You actually pumping money in to the JP server is a problem cause your inflating one and leaving the other to rot. PSU had the same issue, and most other versions also did. PSO has not had a strong following like it does in Japan. Sega also does not have the money it used to and is a very Japanese centered company. Also the NA community never showered Sega with money at all. The hacking also came mostly out of the NA community. And PSO world might be a cult following of people, but it is not very big. They might be judging it also after PAX. Who knows.

Reia
Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 PM
I'm going to voice out something that has been bugging me. I think the major flaw for the EN release of PSO2 considering SoA's greatest flaw aside of update is Costumer service. I haven't seen anyone talk about the actual hardwork SoJ is doing with all the things that storm the JP server at the moment.

We all know about the Slow updates, horrible dubs, But not the "scary facts of SoA":

- The fact we run the risk of not playing on weekends if log-in server breaks because SoA won't take the bother of putting the server back until Monday if it falls in Friday Night to Sunday Night because we have to wait until any of their staff get their weekend rest and notice the server is "unplugged" when they return a Monday morning.

- This also brings the second problem, Lag. Noticed the lack of care of the server and night-staying to clear cache, unless SEGA brings you guys down the server during afternoon, if I see a night maintenance, I fear that They are not doing the "maintenance" thing right. So we will have lag problems from the 3rd month and so on.

- RMT. SEGA of Japan has already banhammered over a million accounts one by one and almost two hundred thousand in December. Do you think our everyday american MMO publisher actually cares to give a strict banhammering to the botting and the RMT? Even you'll see the blocks being flooded of "spambots". Do you think you can entrust SoA for this?

- Aside of RMT, the fact of the Hacker attacks. In PSO and PSU history we've been famous of having too much hacker attacks, affecting the client-sized data like NPC positioning or even manipulating the game flow and drop rates. And the everyday fear that if you are way too popular or are on a hacker's bad side, there's over 70% chance you'll get hacked no matter what you do. Because of the bad security both this game have to resist cheating software and the lack of responsibility on your account in case you get attacked by a hacker. While Japan tends to have more hackers than the international client in PSO history the EN servers have more hackers running around because they let them do so.

- Finally, SEGA has been working hard to avoid economical inflations in the Japan server. Remind you what happen again in the Xbox360 servers due to the constant spam of MAG and other economical inflating events without taking such responsibility?

I think my choice is unneccesary to be known at this rate.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 10:54 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. There was never a driving force for sega to do it. I can see how they lost money. You actually pumping money in to the JP server is a problem cause your inflating one and leaving the other to rot. PSU had the same issue, and most other versions also did. PSO has not had a strong following like it does in Japan. Sega also does not have the money it used to and is a very Japanese centered company. Also the NA community never showered Sega with money at all. The hacking also came mostly out of the NA community. And PSO world might be a cult following of people, but it is not very big. They might be judging it also after PAX. Who knows.

Sega did a bad job in the west and it got bad reception for it. Add to that that there's a different audience in the west, and you get bad results.

Players that like PS for what it is want a better experience, and that's offered in the east.

Being able to choose how you spend your money is a core tenet of most market systems. To say that we have a responsibility to play on one server over the other because of any reason beyond one being objectively better than the other is shortsighted, childish, and just generally bad.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 23, 2013, 12:48 AM
No you should not play at all. I mean can you be so dumb? When you say "I vote with my dollars." That means you do not do anything to add to the company to send a message. Your not sending a message but,"o hey its ok sega if your not going to bring servers here so the fans can get access. I will just download an English patch, figure stuff out and miss many details of the story just to play your game that your making it hard for me to play."

This is why Sega does what it does. And if you notice I have been lurking these forums since 2002. I have seen it all.

The fact that you use the I vote with my money prospect here is actually the dumbest thing I have seen on the internet since your still paying the company(even if your not buying AC the fact that is forcing a community to go out of there way and by AC state side if they want something is paying them.)

You want to make a point. Stop playing the game in all its iteration. Because you are actually hurting chances of a NA release that is up to the standard we all want. That is just simple.

If you want to actually do something that would help. Start a petition, comment to Sega, post on there facebook. I have seen no one really leave this site and be active. You all are proving that Sega can do what its doing. They don't need to spend the money or overhead on the NA servers cause you guys will just sulk about how bad it is and stay on JP servers. If you want I will start the petition for you right now. BRB

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 23, 2013, 12:50 AM
No you should not play at all. I mean can you be so dumb? When you say "I vote with my dollars." That means you do not do anything to add to the company to send a message. Your not sending a message but,"o hey its ok sega if your not going to bring servers here so the fans can get access. I will just download an English patch, figure stuff out and miss many details of the story just to play your game that your making it hard for me to play."

This is why Sega does what it does. And if you notice I have been lurking these forums since 2002. I have seen it all.

The fact that you use the I vote with my money prospect here is actually the dumbest thing I have seen on the internet since your still paying the company(even if your not buying AC the fact that is forcing a community to go out of there way and by AC state side if they want something is paying them.)

You want to make a point. Stop playing the game in all its iteration. Because you are actually hurting chances of a NA release that is up to the standard we all want. That is just simple.

If you want to actually do something that would help. Start a petition, comment to Sega, post on there facebook. I have seen no one really leave this site and be active. You all are proving that Sega can do what its doing. They don't need to spend the money or overhead on the NA servers cause you guys will just sulk about how bad it is and stay on JP servers. If you want I will start the petition for you right now. BRB

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 12:56 AM
First, double posted.
Second, explain how NOT PLAYING AT ALL for SEGA'S game (JP or NA) is less hurtful to the company than playing it?

goldwing
Jan 23, 2013, 12:57 AM
well i dont jump ships often but when i do i prefer ship 8. y? because its my fav number and tbh I like to change things up abit. get a good shot at the ranking system also and to make sure i have a change of atmosphere from the jp version. thos are my reasons for ship changing.

Railkune
Jan 23, 2013, 12:58 AM
I lol'd. No seriously though guy, let's just try and stay calm here. We're all cool/civil folks around here [I... hope].

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2013, 01:00 AM

You must not read your own posts before submitting them.

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 01:02 AM
well i dont jump ships often but when i do i prefer ship 8. y? because its my fav number and tbh I like to change things up abit. get a good shot at the ranking system also and to make sure i have a change of atmosphere from the jp version. thos are my reasons for ship changing.
You jumped to ship 8?

Name plz

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 23, 2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-japan-and-america-want-to-have-an-proper-international-support-for-phantasy-star-online-2

Here is the petition. Sign it.

Macman
Jan 23, 2013, 01:19 AM
Sega Don't Care™

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 23, 2013, 01:30 AM
That type of apathy sucks man. Make them care show support.

Valimer
Jan 23, 2013, 01:43 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-japan-and-america-want-to-have-an-proper-international-support-for-phantasy-star-online-2

Here is the petition. Sign it.

"Want to have an proper international support for Phantasy Star Online 2."

I think this should have been grammar checked before it was posted.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 23, 2013, 01:46 AM
because of a miss placed N, really?
want to be proactive go to the thread I started about this and add to it and I will add it to the petition. simple as that

Valimer
Jan 23, 2013, 02:02 AM
because of a miss placed N, really?
want to be proactive go to the thread I started about this and add to it and I will add it to the petition. simple as that

Sorry... didn't mean to hurt any ones feelings. I'm just saying, it doesn't sound professional and might not be taken seriously by some people if the title doesn't have proper grammar.

Not like it matters anyway, English and Japanese don't translate very well. I signed the petition.

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 02:09 AM
Someone already trolled the petition when I looked at who signed/comments.

Mystil
Jan 23, 2013, 03:23 AM
Sega Don't Care™

Ya know.. if one were to exclude the "don't"(but still being part of the phrase when written out), it's SEGAC..

Darki
Jan 23, 2013, 04:27 AM
I love how people keep trying to put the blame on the fanbase instead of on SEGA's epicly crap management of their resources. I keep seeing posts with people that basically pretend that we act as they free advertisers, that we give them money before they deliver, they try to appeal to stupid reasons such as patriotism (in a videogame, seriously?) and blaming people who don't drop their pants, bow down and wave their asses for all this shit.

And then, giving reasons for this supposedly makes us look like the butthurt ones.

We are NOT a charity fund. SEGA is a game developer, so, as it means, they gotta develop games (difficult concept, huh?). If the games they develop are crap, then they won't get money. If they are good, then they will. Simple as that. You can't pretend that the deal is the other way around, and that the game will we good IF we give them money and bad IF we don't.

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 04:31 AM
It all comes down to this question:

What comes first: Service or charges?

やすはら だいすけ
Jan 23, 2013, 04:34 AM
I ain't voting, since there's no choice for sticking to both of'em.

but if I had to vote anyway, it'd be a combination of Friends and Story.

Darki
Jan 23, 2013, 04:35 AM
It all comes down to this question:

What comes first: Service or charges?

Does your grocery store bring you good apples because you pay for them, or to make you pay for them? Does that mean that before they're good, you'd pay for them in hopes they improve their services, or would you wait for them to improve their services to pay for them (and in the meantime, buy somewhere else)? Did the grocery store open with bad quality items, waiting for the customers to improve his funds for better articles, or did he actually offer shiny fresh products to encourage customers to buy stuff there in future ocassions?

I don't think it's THAT difficult.

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 05:21 AM
Did the grocery store open with bad quality items, waiting for the customers to improve his funds for better articles, or did he actually offer shiny fresh products to encourage customers to buy stuff there in future ocassions?

I don't think it's THAT difficult.

I'm just putting that question out there because I'm interested to see what other people might say for the other side. I too believe it's pretty obvious, it's how try-before-buy works quite well.

That last question however is actually an interesting one.
A bit of unnecessary history: A tad further from "my" grocery store, there is one I know of that DID open with what I would say "bad quality items." For the locals there it was good enough (and for the record, it wasn't actually "bad" in the sense that everything's rotten and contaminated, it's just "bad" in comparison to what I get in my area). A few months on and the revenue that grocery store received, seemingly enabled the firm to get more goods from more suppliers, which is how I found the store to be quite nice when I did encounter it (my friend recommended me it). The price wasn't so bad either :3
Put simply, other satisfied consumers pay for firm > firm somehow delivers higher-standard goods > attracts more consumers (like me).

In my mind, it's a little bit of both, but maybe this case is just "an exception among few".

Darki
Jan 23, 2013, 05:42 AM
Of course, the idea is that with the benefits from their work they partly use them to improve even further their services (and partly to get their asses rich, which is fine, that's what they develop games for). It's a cycle, but we're still talking about a business and that means the ones that have to make themselves pretty to attract customers are them. In your case your grocery store wasn't THAT bad, I mean, it didn't have bad services, it just was a cheapo store that managed to get some funds. But being a cheapo game developer doesn't mean to be bad, there are many companies who did good with little and managed to get funds for better projects.

SEGA were the ones who interrupted the cycle. When PSU opened in the western countries it had many players but the fact that the population started to decrease due to lack of content made them get even worse with this service, when they should have tried to improve. It happened the same with PSO. The cycle then went backwards: SEGA crap their game, customers leave, SEGA considers the game less worthy of fixes, more customers leave, like that, till server is considered not worthy of the effort and gets closed. You could argue that it's also the customers fault, but hey, it's their fucking game, it's their responsability.

And let's hope it doesn't happen with PSO2, but the fact that they're taking so much time to simply localize the game paired with the fact that this game cannot be on par with the JP servers basically because JPs have to make it first and then give it to SoA, makes me wary of the future of the server. I don't have any wish for the US server to fail but I wish there was a way to kick them in the balls "supportively" so they actually start doing shit instead. I won't play in the US server unless it's worth my time, and the fact that I decided to check the JP servers instead of waiting for the western server is also their fault for making me believe it's the best option. This is the first time ever I didn't wait for a localized game to come to my region, it's not like I'm THAT impatient. =/

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 05:56 AM
SEGA were the ones who interrupted the cycle. When PSU opened in the western countries it had many players but the fact that the population started to decrease due to lack of content made them get even worse with this service, when they should have tried to improve. It happened the same with PSO. The cycle then went backwards: SEGA crap their game, customers leave, SEGA considers the game less worthy of fixes, more customers leave, like that, till server is considered not worthy of the effort and gets closed. You could argue that it's also the customers fault, but hey, it's their fucking game, it's their responsability.

And let's hope it doesn't happen with PSO2, but the fact that they're taking so much time to simply localize the game paired with the fact that this game cannot be on par with the JP servers basically because JPs have to make it first and then give it to SoA, makes me wary of the future of the server. I don't have any wish for the US server to fail but I wish there was a way to kick them in the balls "supportively" so they actually start doing shit instead. I won't play in the US server unless it's worth my time, and the fact that I decided to check the JP servers instead of waiting for the western server is also their fault for making me believe it's the best option. This is the first time ever I didn't wait for a localized game to come to my region, it's not like I'm THAT impatient. =/

As an entirely new "customer" to SEGA's PS series (well, i played PSZ and that's it), I haven't experienced all of this bad stuff with PSU and whatnot, so that completely phases me.
Me.
And:
And let's hope it doesn't happen with PSO2
Let's sure do hope so.

I'm glad this isn't ending up like what happens between you and sierhiet: teh massivez blobs of text and quotes essays.

Darki
Jan 23, 2013, 07:04 AM
As an entirely new "customer" to SEGA's PS series (well, i played PSZ and that's it), I haven't experienced all of this bad stuff with PSU and whatnot, so that completely phases me.
Me.
And:
Let's sure do hope so.

Fair enough, but as a new costumer then you haven't either experienced the wonders and woes that would add you into the faithful hordes of people who don't care about that "bad stuff" either. I simply refer to the fact that no matter how good or bad we felt with the previous services, we might expect certain things from new ones, but ultimately it will all be decided when we actually see it happening. Business is business no matter how much trust a company gains from customers. Even not being too keen on SEGA's ability to manage the western release I wouldn't have any problem admitting that they did it well this time, if they actually did.

I'm glad this isn't ending up like what happens between you and sierhiet: teh massivez blobs of text and quotes essays.

Well, to begin with, you don't write three things per paragraph that I disagree with. But sorry for the wall of texts. <_<

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 07:09 AM
Well, to begin with, you don't write three things per paragraph that I disagree with. But sorry for the wall of texts. <_<
It's cool.

Brb jumping ship
#nonotreally.