PDA

View Full Version : hour 12 of downloading and installing

spazmatic
Jan 17, 2013, 03:24 AM
at the rate it's going to have another 3-4 hours of patching. Is it normal to take this long? :-?

Anduril
Jan 17, 2013, 03:35 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Depending on the connection, I have heard some people take almost a full day to download it.

spazmatic
Jan 17, 2013, 03:40 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Depending on the connection, I have heard some people take almost a full day to download it.

Thanks I'll hold out and remain patient then. 2,000 files to go :sleep:

TheszNuts
Jan 17, 2013, 04:03 AM
The full game is nearly 10GB on a fresh download if I'm not mistaken.

Meji
Jan 17, 2013, 04:19 AM
Keep in mind that the servers are located in Japan, so... yeah. Don't expect speeds over 1MB/s if you live far away from it.

GrandYith
Jan 17, 2013, 05:34 AM
Just 12 hours? '-' Are you kidding? Just 3-4 more hours? I had to download a torrent (4GB), waited for like almost 2 days for it to be ready, and I've been updating for almost 4 days now, suffering with constant error messages e_e Yesterday, when I went to sleep, there were about 1400 file remaining, but about 300 have been downloaded and installed. And I waited almost 4 days for this D: You guys are lucky to wait 12 hours to download and update until 2000 files remaining :(

EDIT:

About 1130 remaining. Finally ;-;

TheszNuts
Jan 17, 2013, 05:50 AM
Just 12 hours? '-' Are you kidding? Just 3-4 more hours? I had to download a torrent (4GB), waited for like almost 2 days for it to be ready, and I've been updating for almost 4 days now, suffering with constant error messages e_e Yesterday, when I went to sleep, there were about 1400 file remaining, but about 300 have been downloaded and installed. And I waited almost 4 days for this D: You guys are lucky to wait 12 hours to download and update until 2000 files remaining :(

EDIT:

About 1130 remaining. Finally ;-;

That torrent is just the base version then, with the patches and whatnot combined the folder is 9.3 GB.

GrandYith
Jan 17, 2013, 05:57 AM
That torrent is just the base version then, with the patches and whatnot combined the folder is 9.3 GB.

Yeah, I've read all that before downloading the torrent. I got it cos it was faster than the official downloader. But yeah, my update is taking about 4 days or so...

LegoRappy
Jan 17, 2013, 08:01 AM
mine took a day and a half lol..... because the client kept crashing with errors..
had to remote desktop my PC at work to ensure it kept downloading lol

Railkune
Jan 17, 2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah, pretty sure my download only took about 3-4 hours or so. I don't recall how long the patch was, but it wasn't that long since I bought time talking on Skype and watching YouTube until it finished.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 17, 2013, 10:28 AM
this is why i keep a media fire patch backup in case i need to do a fresh download or install (just recently on a friends computer) it speeds things up a bit (by about half)+^_^+ I'd share a link, but the last few people that shared PSO2 patch links through sharing sites on Bumped got their accounts banned+^_^+

Meji
Jan 17, 2013, 10:30 AM
Man, I'm happy I have the Premium Package. Comes very much in handy when you want to re-install it.

Menasthos
Jan 17, 2013, 10:58 AM
Ye it's normal, i had 9000 files missing, it took a couple days before i was able to log. Add the constant error downloading, prolonging..