PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 JP Class Info ?

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 03:33 PM
In PSU the Force was the highest damage dealing class and if you wanted to be strictly healing it was great for that to. Do these principles from PSU still stand strong in PSO 2?

Jakosifer
Jan 17, 2013, 03:48 PM
I wonder how many people are going to post just to disagree and debate on what the strongest class in a game that has been dead since last year was

Cyclon
Jan 17, 2013, 03:48 PM
In PSU the Force was the highest damage dealing class and if you wanted to be strictly healing it was great for that to. Do these principles from PSU still stand strong in PSO 2?
I... seem to have played a different PSU...?

Anyway, force is the best damage dealer within short bursts. Hunter imo is stronger on longer battles, if the enemies don't move too much that is. Ranger is the absolute best at support, to the point where their own support makes them stronger than anybody. Thing is, everyone gets to profit from it, so yeah. All that's opinion btw.

Otherwise, yeah Forces can heal. Indefinitely too.

The Walrus
Jan 17, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hunter/Fighter are sustained DPS

Ranger/Gunner are burst DPS

Force/Techer is burst AOE/Heal

Seany1990
Jan 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Highest damage != Highest DPS

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 04:05 PM
yea ik about how Hunters were on PSU i never got down and dirty with claws so to new players force worked but ... real question here, I would like to know which class would be a better asset in a Battle as far as damage would go im fine with useing all classes and another question can i be a pure "healer"?

EDIT - I loved acrotecher with a passion and spent 2 bill meseta on it but i never decided a dps class :/

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 04:06 PM
If you're looking for big hitters, HU's Over End, Heavenly Fall, Slide End, and Assault Buster all deal substantial amounts of damage.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 04:10 PM
Sorry but i haven't played the game yet just getting prepared with fast info. What are those?

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 04:18 PM
Photon Arts. As for dedicated support, Techer's the way to go even if it's a bit underwhelming.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 04:30 PM
so your saying based of what i told u just then that i should stick to all "magic" criteria?

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
It's hard to pick a playstyle in this game that would severely gimp you in any way. I'd say go with whatever way you want to deal damage. If you're looking for best single target, group, sustained, or burst, that's a different story.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 04:41 PM
possible group lol honestly all but gidiga was the shizzz

Coatl
Jan 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
Ranger and gunners have high dps and good boss killing skills.
Forces and techers have high burst damage as well as great aoe.
Hunters and fighters have a little bit of both.

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 04:46 PM
Try Force then. Diga isn't present in this game, however there is Zan (wind) and a number of new Grants and Megid techncs. That's not counting the new technic that every element got from an older update.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
aoe? what is this?

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 05:06 PM
i love force il be draw to it most likely then and have a fighter just because :)

Shadowth117
Jan 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
aoe? what is this?

AOE = Area of effect. As in, you can hit a bunch of things in a large area.

By the way, you guys keep saying Force only has good damage in small intervals. I've managed with FO/TE using PP Convert, Restore rate, and the PP restoring Photon Blast to keep going for 5-6 minutes straight in a crossburst without even feeding my MAG for the extra pp that would give too. So I really have to disagree with Force being for short "bursts" as long as you have a Techer sub.

And no, ground techs aren't in this game so far unfortunately.

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 05:11 PM
Area of Effect. Gifoie, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Zondeel are examples. They all hit in an area that can damage multiple targets.

Would agree that FO/TE definitely allows for great sustained damage. I use FO/FI exclusively for scenarios where high amounts of burst is desired but I much prefer FO/TE in indefinite situations.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 05:21 PM
yea i never said aoe just area of effect sorry...

Alenoir
Jan 17, 2013, 05:23 PM
Big number output in a short amount of time: Gunner
Constant damage output that stays constant: Force
Constant damage output + whackage: Techer

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
whackage?

Shadowth117
Jan 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
whackage?

Techer is far more melee focused than Force. Wands have a high melee damage output in comparison to rods and the class has more satk and sdef than Force for sure to boot.

Daiyousei
Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
plus if you get wand gear, you're essentially double hitting.

blace
Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
Techer is far more melee focused than Force. Wands have a high melee damage output in comparison to rods and the class has more satk and sdef than Force for sure to boot.

Not to mention that if you invest in the wand gear, you'll be landing an additional strike as long as the heat bar is charged from unleashing charged techs.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 05:43 PM
man i just wanna walk up to an enemy my level and one or two hit

IF this is unachieveable i wanna be a "acrotecher" with buffs and heals

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 05:46 PM
Force/Fighter and Hunter/Fighter have very high single hit or just outright fast damage dealing capabilities. You sacrifice efficiency for sheer damage in the process (except for HU/FI where it's the best choice to go with).

If you're confused by what I mean, you can select another class to be your subclass and you get the benefits of its skills and 20% of its stats.

Raymee
Jan 17, 2013, 05:48 PM
Wait what, Forces being the highest damage dealing class in PSU?

Are you talking about JP? Lol.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 17, 2013, 05:48 PM
You're not limited to 1 class* so it's best to just try everything anyways.

You are limited to 1 free mag and 1 free skill tree per class though, so make informed decisions about developing your character.

Z-0
Jan 17, 2013, 05:56 PM
All classes are pretty good at doing that. Just gear yourself up well and everything pretty much crumbles.

All classes are good efficiency-wise that there's no wrong choice, except Techer because Techer is just overshadowed by Force completely, no matter how good people might think "Wand Gear" is as that just wastes time from walking up to the enemy, and you have to actually make yourself a wand and rod is stronger + casts faster anyway (because of the lol casting delay with wands).

Hunter/Fighter is pretty much the highest damage class within range, and its done within little time. Sonic Arrow and Deadly Archer are extremely fast hitters, and Sonic Arrow has very nice range and will hit many enemies. The "problem" with the melee classes, of course, is the fact you have to be within range, and in multiplayer games this fares a problem as everything will die before you actually get to it.

Ranger/Gunner have extremely high damage on a single target, providing that Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger are off cooldown. You can do absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage, and while it needs a little bit of setting up, it doesn't take too long and once it's all up, pretty much every boss is going to die. Their AoE is also nice if you know how to hit said enemies' weakpoints; they're not as easy to use as melee / technic classes in that enemies have stupid high R-Def unless you hit the area of the enemy which is weak to ranged attacks. However, launchers are a little slow, but their damage is high.

Force/Techer are essentially just high sustained damage over large groups. Their AoE is pretty much off the charts and they have no problems picking off enemies. Their main problem overall is their boss killing potential, really. Zan can solve this problem on certain bosses such as Mizer, but the other two class-types are much better overall.

Also FI/HU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HU/FI. Double Saber DPS is far more important and Lambda Aristin is strong enough anyway, plus it's not too difficult to 50% it (unless you're p00r).

Also definitely prefer FO/FI over FO/TE. Would rather one shot all my enemies than two-shot them all and have "increased PP capabilities", lol.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 06:19 PM
im not worried about defense or health so long as it has high damage =. il probably be doing good as a "healer" or what ever their called in this game

The Walrus
Jan 17, 2013, 06:27 PM
Techer is the support class. It's funny cause the game isn't really designed to have you support your team outside of a couple occasions :/

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
damn well which IN EVERYONE OPINION is the best more intuitive and helpful attack class

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 07:53 PM
damn well which IN EVERYONE OPINION is the best more intuitive and helpful attack class
Won't answer your question but.....

I love fighters. Big time. Daggers let you fly places, knuckles can get pretty fast in movement speed and attack speed (with gear), and double sabers are just INSANE!
Use correctly and you're untouchable as a fighter.

techers aren't particularly strong, but they're something to muck around with for me.
Tis all i'll say.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 07:56 PM

Ranger.

Weak bullet triples damage on a specific hitbox.

If damage is the way to go, buffing everyone's damage is the best support you can give.

The Walrus
Jan 17, 2013, 07:56 PM

The most support you can really give in this game is pretty much weak bulleting things as a Ranger :/

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 17, 2013, 08:03 PM
Call me biased, but I think Gunner/Ranger is the easiest class to play for the highest reward. Very safe dodge, good range and single target damage, and all-class Launcher + Gunslash allow for small scale crowd control. And as others said, Weak Bullet = everybody will love you.

Force/whatever is probably a close second. Offense/support options, excellent dodge, and good self-sufficiency.

Hunter and Fighter have to work a little harder, in my opinion.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
this weak bullet is good? whats the draw backs then?

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 08:17 PM
In PSO2, the whole talent tree system from other MMOs was taken in the form of Skill Trees. Rangers have a skill called Weak Bullet that gives them a small number of rounds for their assault rifle that cause the afflicted target to take more damage. It has a fairly large cooldown with it so it's normally used on big targets.

Anduril
Jan 17, 2013, 08:20 PM
this weak bullet is good? whats the draw backs then?
Weaknesses of weak bullet: if you are fighting a boss you can only weak bullet it in one area, any other weak bullet shots override the previous, and weak bullet replaces your normal attack for as many bullets as you have for it.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 17, 2013, 08:22 PM
Weak Bullet replaces your (Rifle) normal attack with 1 to 4 (depending on number of skill points you put into it) shots that paint a weak point on an enemy body part. Any attacks that hit that part will do greatly increased damage, moreso if it was already a weak point. The more people you have and the more damage they can all do, the more effective this is. You can't have more than one Weak Bullet on the same enemy, but you can let the duration run out and hit them with another Weak Bullet. You can also load WB in advance, since the cooldown starts ticking right away.

The only downside is a personal one: since it replaces your normal attack you have to wait around to regenerate PP. You also lose any unused Weak Bullets if you change weapons (but any enemies who are currently WB'd will remain WB'd). So you're stuck with Rifle photon arts for the duration unless you want to change weapons early.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 08:22 PM
dang well then idk about that im very indecisive i just want a strong fun class that il always want to play on and ppl wont say i picked a weak class

Anduril
Jan 17, 2013, 08:24 PM
Honestly, this isn't like PSU where people talk smack about others for their class choices. Since you can play around with any of the classes, just find what is the most fun for you.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 08:26 PM
i would guess force i just need to watch ppl play so i can learn

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 17, 2013, 08:28 PM
dang well then idk about that im very indecisive i just want a strong fun class that il always want to play on and ppl wont say i picked a weak class

If anyone says that, they're an idiot. No class in this game is so weak that you should be called out on it. Race also doesn't matter that much so don't feel limited. Try all the classes.

MetalDude
Jan 17, 2013, 08:31 PM
When it comes to skill trees though, I would pay heed to recommended builds. This wouldn't be the case if it wasn't such a hassle to reset them, but for this reason you should spend your points carefully.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
I dont know why im drawn to force and gunner type classes.. not together but as separate classes i want to be like in PSU when i walk up to an enemy with a shot gun and do masive damage to that one creature and when needed stand back and assist but i also wanna buff and debuff and heal....

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 09:10 PM
I dont know why im drawn to force and gunner type classes.. not together but as separate classes i want to be like in PSU when i walk up to an enemy with a shot gun and do masive damage to that one creature and when needed stand back and assist but i also wanna buff and debuff and heal....
There are no shotguns in this game.

There is subclassing in this game.
Basically you have a main class which is just....your class.
Your subclass allows you to use that class's skill tree and PA/technics it can use, but not its weapons.
Also 20% of their stats goes to yours.

I.e. I can be a fighter with force sub. That way I can use all sorts of techniques as well as still be a fighter.
Including buffs.

Can't say for anything related to PSU; never played

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
hmm so i can use a reg class then a sub class to get high dps ? cus i will not mix healing with attack i want highest dps or best healing buffing type of character (hopes that makes sense)

Kirine
Jan 17, 2013, 09:49 PM
Buffing or the Shifta and Deband spells are not really used often. Buffing really doesn't help much in PSO2.

You're better off just focusing on damage and if you want to support, use weak bullet.

That Shifta you're casting that only lasts 40 seconds isn't going to help in the long term run.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 09:52 PM
60 seconds

If you plan on firing off 5+ techs, it's usually worth using shifta for you and anyone nearby. Deband is also fairly useful depending on what you're doing, although deband cut is really going to help with that (moreso than shifta crit will).

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 10:02 PM
To make this a bit simpler, all a class does is:

-Gives you access to a skill tree based for that class
-Allows you access to its weapons and PA's/technics
In essence, everyone is the same.
Gameplay is different only by the weapon you use and the PA's/technics. Skills add a bit to that but that's all there is to it.

My advice is to just spend some time on all 3 of the classes you start out with, then stick with that until you unlock the 2nd tier classes (fighter,gunner and techer).

Just watch some videos.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 10:19 PM
will do thank you

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 PM
what is the highest single target dps with out skill tree or anything like tht

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
...why would you play without using a skill tree?

...I mean long term

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
thats not the point... its a general question so some one who knows the answer plz answer it

Midori Oku
Jan 17, 2013, 10:56 PM
what is the highest single target dps with out skill tree or anything like tht

Absolute Shit! ^^;

But seriously, it would be hard to say, since nobody has went to level 50 without putting points in their skill tree. You get one point to put in your skill tree per level, so why would you not put anything in it?

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 10:56 PM
Hrm

There isn't a best single-target damage class without using a tree.

All the unique abilities come from the trees, and each class depends on them to do their damage. Force depends on PP revival, ranger needs weak bullet, gunner needs chain trigger, hunter needs gears, etc.

It's designed this way so you need trees to perform well (IOW, so if you mess up you need a replacement, which costs money).

You're essentially asking which brand of laptop floats the best.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 11:01 PM
omg u people over think way to much okay il put my skill in ur simple understanding skill ;) i will use skill trees yes! are you happy now? im asking (in general and i do mean in general) which class race combo or how ever you build characters in this game is best for dps against one single target not aoe

Magus_84
Jan 17, 2013, 11:02 PM
omg u people over think way to much okay il put my skill in ur simple understanding skill ;) i will use skill trees yes! are you happy now? im asking (in general and i do mean in general) which class race combo or how ever you build characters in this game is best for dps against one single target not aoe

Gunner.

Bryanpt3
Jan 17, 2013, 11:05 PM
YES! we finally have someone to realize the goal of my question :)

Magus_84
Jan 17, 2013, 11:13 PM
YES! we finally have someone to realize the goal of my question :)

This doesn't invalidate anything anyone has said, but if you wanted a quick answer, that's it.

You'll have to level Ranger to 30 to unlock Gunner, so try it out and see how you like it. Gunner's shorter-ranged than Ranger, except for some of their PAs (Infinite Fire and Elder Rebellion).

Most Gunners just spam Elder Rebellion.

1. Level Ranger to 30, getting Weak Bullet to 6 and putting as many points into the "Weak Hit Advance" skills and prereqs as you can

2. Do the subclass unlock Client Order.

3. Unlock Gunner. Get Elder Rebellion (buyable in player shops).

4. Level Gunner with Ranger sub. Use Elder Rebellion on weakpoints.

5. Do massive amounts of damage to single targets.

By the time you get to, oh, about step 3, the things people have said here will start to make more sense, I think.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 17, 2013, 11:17 PM

No I'm not happy, I'm looking for you and Omega to take an English class together.

You asked a weird question then got mad when people said there wasn't a proper answer for it.

pro tip: Don't ever refer to the people you're asking for help as "simple" if we're simple or our understanding of something you have no knowledge of is simple, what does that make you?

Seriously, play the game a while. then come back and ask questions. right now you're asking us questions like "why isn't the sky purple and why doesn't it rain chocolate milk?" and expecting us to sit you down and explain forces of nature to you even though your understanding (in the context of this game) is that of a 5 year old.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 11:43 PM
guy asks a question

guy gets mad when the question gets answered

okay guy, whatever you say

Syklo
Jan 17, 2013, 11:48 PM
No I'm not happy, I'm looking for you and Omega to take an English class together.

You asked a weird question then got mad when people said there wasn't a proper answer for it.

pro tip: Don't ever refer to the people you're asking for help as "simple" if we're simple or our understanding of something you have no knowledge of is simple, what does that make you?

Seriously, play the game a while. then come back and ask questions. right now you're asking us questions like "why isn't the sky purple and why doesn't it rain chocolate milk?" and expecting us to sit you down and explain forces of nature to you even though your understanding (in the context of this game) is that of a 5 years old.
This.

Sure you can ask for highest DPS class and some might answer, but even if you follow those steps, someone of a different class can still out-dps you.
Why?
Equipment, duh.
For instances, fighters have pretty insane DPS but that doesn't mean they're the fastest at time attacks. Infact, they're way short of that.

Put another way, which sounds more fun to you: One move and you do 6k per hit for 10 hits in about 1 second, repeat for each monster? OR 2k per hit or so across a variety of multiple PA's/ technics?

That's just me though. I just don't get how people can NOT get bored of going deadlyarcherdeadlyarcherdeadlyarcherdeadlyarcherde adlyarcherdeadlyarcherdeadlyarcherdeadlyarcherdead lyarcher....

Bryanpt3
Jan 18, 2013, 12:07 AM
guy asks a question

guy gets mad when the question gets answered

okay guy, whatever you say

not reffering to u but i wasnt calling u simple i said u dont have simple understanding as my question was simple...
but hey guy i got what i wanted didn't i guy ;) then answer that i found correct was "Gunner" its simple to the point sure it lacks proof but i didnt neeed to listen to u and the other "guy"s complain about how i get angry at the incorrect answer... just saying guy

blace
Jan 18, 2013, 12:15 AM
Gunner gets pretty boring. Same with everything else just for that perfect DPS.