PDA

View Full Version : I love the randomly generated world, but...

Tooks
Jan 17, 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm sure this is probably a pet hate of most people but I really hate time-based missions in this game. Sometimes you get lucky and get a fairly straight forward path or pick the right fork the first time but some of the missions (one in the desert springs to mind) just don't sit nice with time limits applied.

I love this game, its combat and skills etc, but sometimes the timers just suck.

I may be mistaken but do any of them require an S-Rank, most of the time I try and S-Rank anyway but, while trying to do the rod and talis training missions (the 2nd ones in the caves) I noticed that those only required the mission to finish in that time, not be S-Ranked.

Menasthos
Jan 17, 2013, 10:20 PM
I think they are programmed "just in time" not having any delay and killing fast. Clearly a little delay fighting a certain group can lead to fail. Even at beginning there is a timed missiion, 10 mins , i completed it at 9:57, playing fast and good and killing fast. I had a guy alone, i was with a companions (cpu controlled) so 3 players attacking and still 9:57 as you see

The Walrus
Jan 17, 2013, 11:00 PM
You really can't fail at of the timed missions anymore.

Tooks
Jan 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
You really can't fail at of the timed missions anymore.

Whats changed? I've only come back to the game today and i've done like one timed mission. Its been a while since I played last hah.

Edit: I did fail one of the missions on my new Force, but thats because I was trying to S-Rank the mission using 3 npc's and didnt notice the CO had no ranking requirements.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 17, 2013, 11:29 PM
if the mission is 3 areas long, skip block 1, kill on the way going to 3 (or searching for area 3) and then kill a bit more in 3 till you feel that you've done enough for an S rank, this works for me all the time

ashley50
Jan 17, 2013, 11:30 PM
The limits on the timed missions are longer now than it was before.

It's almost impossible to fail them.