PDA

View Full Version : Crit & Techer

momoka
Jan 18, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hi,
Ok, i play Techer right now. I'm at a point, where i have allot points, but am still indecisive where to sink them.

I'm Eying Shifta Advance and Shifta Critical, and so far i seen Spells can critically hit. I just don't know how much damage a critical hit does. in World of Warcraft it was easy ... standard Magic do 150% damage (unless skilled), and physical attacks do 200%. In PSO2 i am unsure. Sometimes a critical hit does little more damage as a good standard one.
Not to forget, is it worth to get the full 10 points in Shifta Advance, it only increases Shifta at 125%. One Fourth is meager for 10 points.

So, could anyone enlighten me, about how the Critical Hit Calculation works?

Also, are those "Mastery" skills worth it?

Oh, and do you overtake ALL Skills from the secondary class? Since i still have my "PP Recharge Revival" even as a Techer.

Syklo
Jan 18, 2013, 02:11 AM
Critical hits just do the max amount you can possibly do in your damage range.
so if you could do 150-200 damage, a crit will do 200.

You have access to all skills you have in your subclass so yes?

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 18, 2013, 02:16 AM
Never ever take Crit on anything. Your attacks hit within a certain damage range. DEX helps you do more than the minimum damage. Critical forces it to maximum. Crits don't inherently boost damage in PSO2.

Shifta Advance 10: It's an extremely small boost for 10 points, smaller than you probably think (25% of Shifta's [at best] 19.3% which in turn is only increasing your base ATKs, not your totals). Would not advise unless you want nothing else.

Mastery: 0, 1, or max (ignoring when it's required for another skill)
For 1 point it's 5%. This is pretty decent for, say, Wind Mastery.
Fire Mastery would be a safe choice to max (20%) as Fire is good on basically everything.
For other elements, I wouldn't recommend maxing.

Yes, you take all skills from your main and sub together.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 18, 2013, 02:26 AM
the worst part is crits don't even allow for MAXIMUM damage potential for your current stats. The damage range is also on an RNG as I've done multiple crits on literally the same enemy and moreover the same location on said enemy, conditions are all the same and yet the crits will have a damage range of their own within several hundreds.

Kondibon
Jan 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
the worst part is crits don't even allow for MAXIMUM damage potential for your current stats. The damage range is also on an RNG as I've done multiple crits on literally the same enemy and moreover the same location on said enemy, conditions are all the same and yet the crits will have a damage range of their own within several hundreds.Different hits in a normal combos and certain skills have different damage multipliers. So if you were doing normal attacks or a PA that hits multiple times then you'd probably get crits that hit different amounts.

All that said, crits still aren't that useful.

UnLucky
Jan 18, 2013, 01:35 PM
the worst part is crits don't even allow for MAXIMUM damage potential for your current stats. The damage range is also on an RNG as I've done multiple crits on literally the same enemy and moreover the same location on said enemy, conditions are all the same and yet the crits will have a damage range of their own within several hundreds.

Wait what? Are you sure? The same hit of the same attack with the same conditions (stats/buffs/skill procs) on the same part of the same enemy of the same level does different damage on crit?

That's not what I've observed.

But yeah, Shifta (or Deband) Advance and Shifta Critical are really really bad. Unless all you're doing is reliably keeping your entire MPA buffed at all times, the small gain from these skills isn't worth it. Even still, it would just barely break even compared to focusing on dealing damage yourself.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 12:07 AM
No I'm talking RaFoie on a regne's core using Shifta Drink EX and NO shifta. my crits still vary in damage within a few hundreds.

Atyl
Jan 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
No I'm talking RaFoie on a regne's core using Shifta Drink EX and NO shifta. my crits still vary in damage within a few hundreds.

Probably better off testing with grants because rafoie does have that funky priority. That being said I wouldn't be surprised at all since they really seem adamant in making crit useless while giving it to everyone.

ShinMaruku
Jan 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
I think crits should always apply in weakpoints while being amplified.

gigawuts
Jan 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, rafoie has problems hitting the correct hitbox. Test with grants, for sure. I've never seen variance in crits, ever, unless I'm hitting different hitboxes.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 06:07 PM
it's not going to do such close damage to the plate though. I'll test it with grants but we're talking multiple criticals with very similar numbers but none are the same.