PDA

View Full Version : "Sonic" Mag!?

Spy
Feb 16, 2001, 02:13 PM
How do I get one?!!

thx

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 02:22 PM

There's a sonic mag? I only have like 4 different mags, I gotta keep up!

Heero_Yuy
Feb 16, 2001, 02:59 PM
i never find mags i only got the one i started with.

DCKaz
Feb 16, 2001, 03:04 PM
mags pop out of the woodworks as early as mines normal.

I got no less than 5 mags last night-

did mines, 1 mag
did mines boss, 1 mag
did forest and caves to touch the totem poles
did mines again, 2 more mags
did mines boss, 1 mag

the loot mags in the mines were all in boxes if I recall correctly.. though 1 might have been a drop.

the mines boss seems to leave one all the time (well I'm 2 for 2) right in the middle.

before that you probably won't see them much - while online you'll see them in the mines as loot and for the boss as well (I got my first one online normal mines, regular loot as well).

I went from thinking 'yeah where are they' to 'omg what am I going to do with 6 mags??'

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

DCKaz

Heero_Yuy
Feb 16, 2001, 03:20 PM
what is your luck rating? mine is only 10 i get crap i played thru mines already and i got nothin good.

Tenshi-Chan
Feb 16, 2001, 06:18 PM
The sonic MAG is made by combining yer MAG with a MAG cell, arguably the rarest items in the game. Usually, yer MAG needs to be lvl200 and have max SYCH and IQ before you can use the Cell on it. I don't know which MAG cell makes sonic tho.

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 07:55 PM
My luck is 32 (37 with some weapons) and I have 8 mags, 1 of which is level 200. I have maxed out IQ, but not Sychro. Whenever I raise it, it usually goes back down, I can't get higher then about 80% with out it going back down 60%. What helps?

PaladinRPG
Feb 16, 2001, 08:14 PM
Well Cheech, a small tip is to make sure to store your Mag in the Check Room before quitting so you don't have that -5% synch loss everytime. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 08:17 PM
Hmm..... I never heard of that, I'll try it. Thanks!

DCKaz
Feb 16, 2001, 08:51 PM
yeah mag in in the bank and you usually have one item that ups synch by 3 each use, for me its sol atomizer, check the faq on it posted previously for yours.

DCKaz

oh and my luck is 14.. just two luck materials so far.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DCKaz on 2001-02-16 17:52 ]</font>

Nemmith
Feb 16, 2001, 11:57 PM
You first need Mag cell #502 in order to have a (chance of getting) the sonic Mag! I say a chance because I am not sure what mag you should have or what your stats should be in order to get it!

Jester
Feb 17, 2001, 01:16 AM
Actually your mag needs to be level > 100 to use a cell. And there are 8 rares, plus 40 others. That is a lot for someone who though about mag farming....

Viro
Feb 17, 2001, 02:25 AM
What's a Mag Cell & how do you get one?

Cheech
Feb 17, 2001, 11:04 PM
Can it be higher then lvl 100? Or does it have to be exact?

Tyrant
Mar 29, 2001, 07:49 PM
i hate to bust all yer lil bubbles but luck only effects techniques you see i was reading the manuel cuz i forgot wwhat efr was and then i read a lil bout luck it said it efects the accurecy of techniques and atacks now sorry if i am wrong but i figured you all should know and btw i figure sonic is fast right why not max of dex juss a thought

Maximum-Burst
Mar 29, 2001, 08:06 PM
Has anyone found the mag cell for sonic yet. Just play the mines over and over and you will pick up quite a bit of mags.

Paine
Mar 29, 2001, 09:59 PM
i hate to burst all your bubbles but there is no Sonic Mag, i have no clue why you people keep bringing this up. Let it die.. if there will EVER even Be a chance of a sonic mag Sega will release it as a prize or something. But as of RIGHT this second. there is NOT A sonic Mag : Mag Cells are found in Forest 1 and 2 on Very Hard, most likely from Rare enemies like Al Rappy and Hildeblue or sometimes Dragon : To use a cell it has to be > lvl 100 .. not exactly, i used mine when it was on level 121.. :: And what r u talking about Mag Cell 502 changing into Sonic? Cell #502 changes ur mag into Sonichi or Petri or whatever that Bats name is.

Samuel-Vimes
Mar 30, 2001, 08:05 PM
I think that some people are confusing the names sonichi/soniti with sonic. Sounds very similar when you think about it. In any case, I have yet to see anyone with a ?sonic? mag.

Reaper
Mar 31, 2001, 06:40 AM
I also found 3 mags last night on mine (normal).

One was dropped by a robot thing
(i never bother remembering names) and anyway Vol Opt always drops one too?

Although this isnt related to MAG talk but how much exp do you get for killing Vol Opt???

Holy_Knight
Mar 31, 2001, 01:39 PM
hehe, ive found more luck materials than nething else (besides possibly mind, which i cant use). my natural luck is 38 but with the God/Luck unit that a bulclaw dropped in ruins 1 normal i have 48 (and im only lvl 64 as of now, heh). o by the way, luck dosent affect the stuff u find, section IDs do, luck affects your ability to do critical hits (thats when those rings come out of the monster you hit and u do more damage than usual)