PDA

View Full Version : Cast HUnter/Force

Kobojo
Jan 18, 2013, 11:56 AM
I was wondering if a cast Hunter/force would be viable or even possible. Im pretty new to pso2, but so far ive loved every second of it. In pso i used to build strictly damage on my cast which was great (at least for me). so i was wondering if i sub classed as a force for things like resta if that would be a good combo or if i just kept up my regular high damage cast nd went for fighter if that would be better.

D-Inferno
Jan 18, 2013, 12:01 PM
It's best to have Fighter as your sub. Not only is the damage greater, but being able to use both Sonic Arrow and Deadly Archer via having all-class sword/dsaber is very important.

Buffs aren't that strong in PSO2 atm, not to mention that Resta probably wouldn't be that much better than using mates.

Ryock
Jan 18, 2013, 04:10 PM
Hunter/Force is perfectly viable and perfectly possible. If you're looking to just buff and heal yourself without using attack techs, you should stick to techer.

You're going to get a lot more melee damage by just going strictly Hunter/Fighter though, so if you like big damage, big numbers, and want to do it with swords and the like, a mix of Fighter and Hunter are going to be what you want, depending if you want to use the bigger hunter weapons or bigger fighter weapons.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 18, 2013, 04:16 PM
Fighter/Force has more synergy If you want to do "subclass techs". Brave/Wise Stance will boost Tech damage, unlike Fury Stance and JA Bonus.

When you have no other subs, Hunter/Force is by default better than Hunter/Ranger though (which gives you basically nothing).

Shadowth117
Jan 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
If its techs you want period, Hunter sub Techer or Fighter sub Techer is the way to go. Techer has more satk and will give you a higher bonus in that regard. In addition, it also has skill tree abilities that can recover your PP faster and make it recharage ridiculously fast for a certain amount of time.

As for why PP would matter, unlike in PSO you have a very limited amount of PP that recharges over time (a lot faster than a FOnewearl would regen it in PSO for sure even with upgrades) and from basic attacks. Photon art usage is very key in this game as it was in PSU.

NoiseHERO
Jan 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
It is so worth not having the giant damage boost hunter gives you, when you can zondeel alongside your melee.

But I think techer would be better for a melee class sub.