PDA

View Full Version : Welp... That was easy!

Skyly HUmar
Jan 18, 2013, 07:52 PM
I got bored and decided to do some recording.

Glass-Cannon HU/FImar (thats right! not a loli!) snow kitty solo, no dammage taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu57AS7Rlfk

Cagedtaytay
Jan 18, 2013, 08:55 PM
Can someone get a Staples That Was Easy picture in here?
I can never get imgur to show up right, too lazy to try.

Acel
Jan 18, 2013, 10:13 PM
Sure is but the fight feels slow as hell.
No offense, just mind boggled why you only used 2 PAs...

I never use the 1st and the 3rd normal hit of Sword whenever Im on the ground because they are slower, uglier and very unstylish(not to mention the recovery gawd). Id always perform a low hop barely inches from the ground and do air slashes whenever possible...

Sonic Arrow followed by 2nd normal hit of Sword into Twister Fall is just too good whenever you have a quick openning (and can be easily repeated or done after a dash attack)... no idea why you wanna do anything else early on because its the fastest way to charge Sword gear. Also noticed you do not have 120 PP... do not know about you but I find that having min 120 PP makes me more effective and fluid in my combat chains without having to stop so often to use normal hits eg. Sonic Arrow->Dash attack-> Sonic Arrow -> 2nd normal hit of sword -> Twister Fall -> Sonic Arrow... etc Normal hits suck for Sword because its too slow IMO.

Also I NEVER ever use Rising Edge from the ground early on in a fight without first charging it to level 3 first. Only time I dont charge is when Im jumping and trying to use it to gain height to hit something really high in the air.

I feel that Sword users Need to charge Sword Gear as quickly as possible the moment they enter a fight because that 1 sec charge Rising Edge / Nova Strike makes a HUGE difference and is the essence of the weapon style. You really need to get it out ASAP and not waste time on unnecessary normal hits. Also I noticed many people tend to wait for your character go into the 2nd pose fully to relase the attack... to be honest, as long as your character is "transiting" from the first stance to the 2nd stance, you can already release it. Trust me, your reactions is usually slower than your eyes and also because of latency, its usually over 1 sec charge already...every split second held unnecessarily onto the move is just simply wasted...

Masao
Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 PM
It's only because you activated Boss-Status before you went in. =P

Skyly HUmar
Jan 18, 2013, 10:32 PM
Sure is but the fight feels slow as hell.
No offense, just mind boggled why you only used 2 PAs...

I never use the 1st and the 3rd normal hit of Sword whenever Im on the ground because they are slower, uglier and very unstylish(not to mention the recovery gawd). Id always perform a low hop barely inches from the ground and do air slashes whenever possible...

Sonic Arrow followed by 2nd normal hit of Sword into Twister Fall is just too good whenever you have a quick openning (and can be easily repeated or done after a dash attack)... no idea why you wanna do anything else early on because its the fastest way to charge Sword gear. Also noticed you do not have 120 PP... do not know about you but I find that having min 120 PP makes me more effective and fluid in my combat chains without having to stop so often to use normal hits eg. Sonic Arrow->Dash attack-> Sonic Arrow -> 2nd normal hit of sword -> Twister Fall -> Sonic Arrow... etc Normal hits suck for Sword because its too slow IMO.

Also I NEVER ever use Rising Edge from the ground early on in a fight without first charging it to level 3 first. Only time I dont charge is when Im jumping and trying to use it to gain height to hit something really high in the air.

I feel that Sword users Need to charge Sword Gear as quickly as possible the moment they enter a fight because that 1 sec charge Rising Edge / Nova Strike makes a HUGE difference and is the essence of the weapon style. You really need to get it out ASAP and not waste time on unnecessary normal hits. Also I noticed many people tend to wait for your character go into the 2nd pose fully to relase the attack... to be honest, as long as your character is "transiting" from the first stance to the 2nd stance, you can already release it. Trust me, your reactions is usually slower than your eyes and also because of latency, its usually over 1 sec charge already...every split second held unnecessarily onto the move is just simply wasted...

I really apreciate the criticizm, and to answer you, I dont need 120 PP because my style uses some normal hits as well, and that takes care of my PP. I dont use sonic arrow because its weak compared to the three I do use, and as you can see, I charge my gear just fine without it, and tbqh i just dont like the PA. I dont really care about "stylish" i just do my own thing. I use rising edge charged or not because its first hit is stronger than any other PA's first hit and its pretty fast, and if i can combo off it why not? lol. And as for the holding the PA thing, I was using a ps3 controller and im not used to it (i use a xbox controller), see, I recorded this at my friend's house since I dont have the means to record myself, and couldnt get my xbox controller to sync with the adapter after I installed the drivers, so i ended up having to use a controller im not used to. But I see what you mean, I usually dont hold it so long lol. But I finished what I wanted with no dammage to boot so ITZ ALL GOOD BRAH!

Again bud, thanks for the tips, ill take a couple into concideration ;p (minus sonic arrow cuz it's useless imo and the PP because i dont really need it).

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2013, 10:36 PM
Sonic arrow is wonderful aoe after a step attack :I

Good fight btw

Skyly HUmar
Jan 18, 2013, 10:38 PM
Sonic arrow is wonderful aoe after a step attack :I

Good fight btw

Like I said, i personally dont like the PA, but thats just my opinion ;p you dont gotta like it or agree with it.

and ty ^_^

Acel
Jan 18, 2013, 10:57 PM
Sad you feel that way about Sonic Arrow. I use it not because it is stylish, maybe I used the wrong term here to convey my message but its a quick PA that already does 1 more hit at level 2. And Twister Fall already does 3 hits at level 1. More hits = faster bar charging = faster lv 3 Rising Edge/Nova Strike.
Regarding damage, I thought Nova Strike does more damage than Rising Edge be it charged or uncharged?
Anyway wasnt really criticising in the sense of saying its bad or what, just felt that the fight looked really slow because your character looked like its taking its sweet time at the boss :P

Skyly HUmar
Jan 18, 2013, 11:17 PM
Sad you feel that way about Sonic Arrow. I use it not because it is stylish, maybe I used the wrong term here to convey my message but its a quick PA that already does 1 more hit at level 2. And Twister Fall already does 3 hits at level 1. More hits = faster bar charging = faster lv 3 Rising Edge/Nova Strike.
Regarding damage, I thought Nova Strike does more damage than Rising Edge be it charged or uncharged?
Anyway wasnt really criticising in the sense of saying its bad or what, just felt that the fight looked really slow because your character looked like its taking its sweet time at the boss :P

I know you didnt mean anything negative lol. Nova strike does more dammage when fully charged because all of the attacks minus the strongest one (the last) are stronger than the 3 attacks that follow rising edge's first hit, but rising edge's strong hit is ever so slighty stronger than nova strike's strong hit if the PAs are the same level.

And I understand what you mean about sonic arrow and twist fall, I used to use both and I still used sonic arrow till I found over end ( i didnt use it in the vid sadly lol, I usually use it when they roar but I tend to hit myself that way if I dont distance it just right). I know first hand how fast they charge your bar, its just... idk lol, they just dont fit with my style, i still prefer the 3 extra hits over sonic arrow but thats just me again :/.

NoiseHERO
Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 AM
You're dumb sonic arrow is best PA, get on my level stupid noob why are you even playing this game lol like seriously sword without sonic arrow is lol you're just dumb, just.. uninstall the game lol, like lol.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 19, 2013, 12:49 AM
Oh shit man youre too much for me!

Rien
Jan 19, 2013, 01:59 AM
What's your s-attack value with fury stance active?

Skyly HUmar
Jan 19, 2013, 02:59 AM

Oh hi there rein, didnt know you had an account here lol. I'd rather keep that to myself ;p. I dont like to talk stats too much. But if you really wanna know i can give you a PM.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 03:40 AM
Hint: It's not over 9000

Acel
Jan 19, 2013, 06:00 AM
Hint: It's not over 9000

OH MAN ... SERIOUSLY?! I was SO gonna tell you about your friend partner that keeps on going "My power is now over 9000!!" Dude... that gets old... like REALLY fast... >.>

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 06:44 AM
OH MAN ... SERIOUSLY?! I was SO gonna tell you about your friend partner that keeps on going "My power is now over 9000!!" Dude... that gets old... like REALLY fast... >.>
Lol i put that in for trolling reasons for my friends BEFORE i met you and other 8'ers.

Maybe i should remove it now :P

EDIT: Sleeping.

Meji
Jan 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
You're dumb sonic arrow is best PA, get on my level stupid noob why are you even playing this game lol like seriously sword without sonic arrow is lol you're just dumb, just.. uninstall the game lol, like lol.
^ Made my day.

Kanade
Jan 19, 2013, 08:58 AM
I liked this video, cool style.

Mystil
Jan 19, 2013, 04:47 PM
I am quite impressed by how you beat the hell out of Banther. Banshee is a joke, anyone can kill him easily, but Banther is always the boss to beat.

One thing for sure that made this simple for you is your JA timing. You got that mastered. If only I could do that on my hunter, or even evade that well on my fighter.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 19, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm just used to the JA thing, its been more or less how Ive been playing since DC lol. If you wanna brush up your JAs though, try reaching a chain of 10 in a row, 4 of which being PAs, it sounds kinda silly, but when I started pso2 I just wanted to make the longest combos possible with 3 different PAs and attacks. The rest just works itself out.

Rien
Jan 19, 2013, 10:16 PM
Oh hi there rein, didnt know you had an account here lol. I'd rather keep that to myself ;p. I dont like to talk stats too much. But if you really wanna know i can give you a PM.

I'm Rien, of ship 2. I don't know you sorry ._.

I just want to know if your s-attack exceeds 2000 because that's the number I'm gunning for right now.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 20, 2013, 12:31 AM
I'm Rien, of ship 2. I don't know you sorry ._.

I just want to know if your s-attack exceeds 2000 because that's the number I'm gunning for right now.

Oh nm then, wrong rein. and yes its higher than 2000 without shifta.

Mystil
Jan 20, 2013, 09:15 AM
I'm just used to the JA thing, its been more or less how Ive been playing since DC lol. If you wanna brush up your JAs though, try reaching a chain of 10 in a row, 4 of which being PAs, it sounds kinda silly, but when I started pso2 I just wanted to make the longest combos possible with 3 different PAs and attacks. The rest just works itself out.

>.< I didn't mean JA. I meant Just Guard. @_@ been so long since I seriously played hunter, I'm getting the skills mixed up. But yeah, nice consistent use of Just Guard there. My own poor use of it made me drop the class.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 20, 2013, 02:42 PM
Nothing i can do there then lol. All i can say is guard and hope ot works ;p.

MetalDude
Jan 20, 2013, 04:28 PM
The window for Just Guarding is actually a good deal safer than a regular step evade. Even if you miss it, a Guard will do a lot more for you than a mistimed evade would. Best way to practice is to simply find the boss you want to train on and do nothing but try and Just Guard. All my practice from Just Guarding carried into doing Knuckle dodges perfectly and they're a lot harder to time.

gigawuts
Jan 20, 2013, 04:29 PM
It's better to guard too early than too late.