PDA

View Full Version : How are you making your money?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2013, 04:53 AM
Or Meseta, I know some of us don't want to let out our "secrets" by but what are some ways then that you guys go about making some quick cash? Selling my grinders just isn't doing it for me anymore and affixing is something I'm gonna stay away for away blowing off a few mill just to add one ability to something that didnt work for me. Other than that, pick up everything I see, put it in storage then npc afterwards.

Honestly how do some of you guys do it?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 19, 2013, 04:55 AM
TACOs aren't really a secret.

Neither is whoring out on AC Scratch and selling what you get, if you'd rather take that option.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2013, 04:57 AM
TACOs aren't really a secret.

Neither is whoring out on AC Scratch and selling what you get, if you'd rather take that option.

Totally forgot about TACO's, I don't have a team to run them with nor do I have everything memorized to do them with people =/

Z-0
Jan 19, 2013, 05:00 AM
I use my shop. I snipe cheap affixes, I make certain affixes, I grind and affix different items, I hunt for souls and rare PA discs instead of items (because they are far more reliable to find and will get you more money). If I ever do find a nice unit or weapon, I affix and grind it to sell it. Just sold a Lambda Jagriath for 12million~~ (although might've been 10mil I don't remember if I lowered the price).

You will not make money without a shop outside of TACOs. It's just the way it's supposed to be and there isn't really a problem with it. I see a shop as your monthly subscription, and you should be paying it to get somewhere really.

The trick to making money is knowing the affixing system though. It's not that scary and it's very easy to abuse once you know how to do it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 05:09 AM
you can run them on your own to learn what needs to be done. you should have a few friends to teach them to, right? over time you can get them done pretty quickly.

Anyway really affixing/grinding is a good way aside from selling odds and ends you find. I sell all my grind protect -1s and grind rate +5% for about 200k each and affixing is really not that bad.

Find 7-9* armors that are selling pretty well (say for 500k+ with 0 slots) grind it to +10 and get it with 3 slots with a good soul on it. you don't even have to get crazy and add rank IIIs. for example bloom parts upgraded to +10 with ragne soul tech I and Spirita I I was able to sell for 5M just last week and it only cost me about 700k to do including BUYING the raw bloom piece.

Also just keep your eyes open for killer deals. a lot of people even with price checks built in to the market management now will just set a price for something and put it up to get rid of it. good gear for 10% its going rate if you're lucky. just buy it and resell it or even upgrade it and put it back up. A while ago I bought a Sacureid(SP) with 38% light for 200k and did a little grinding and affixing and was able to sell it for over 3 mil. They're much cheaper now so I doubt I'd get this much for it again.

Other than that I have a few other tricks(legitimate ones) but if I share them, everyone will use them more so than they already do.

Valimer
Jan 19, 2013, 05:10 AM
I use my shop. I snipe cheap affixes, I make certain affixes, I grind and affix different items, I hunt for souls and rare PA discs instead of items (because they are far more reliable to find and will get you more money). If I ever do find a nice unit or weapon, I affix and grind it to sell it. Just sold a Lambda Jagriath for 12million~~ (although might've been 10mil I don't remember if I lowered the price).

You will not make money without a shop outside of TACOs. It's just the way it's supposed to be and there isn't really a problem with it. I see a shop as your monthly subscription, and you should be paying it to get somewhere really.

The trick to making money is knowing the affixing system though. It's not that scary and it's very easy to abuse once you know how to do it.

Right now I do daily TACO's for cash, but I would really like to know about this affixing.

You would happen to know if there is a guide for this kinda stuff, would you?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 05:20 AM
In the guides section

Darki
Jan 19, 2013, 05:20 AM
Totally forgot about TACO's, I don't have a team to run them with nor do I have everything memorized to do them with people =/

Take a video guide (there are some threads around here with videos) and run the missions alone a couple times without worrying of the rank to learn what's in them. Naberius is not too hard, Amudiscia is pretty much a straight line, and the one that is complicated path-wise is Lilipa.

Soloing them is kinda long, but if you've got at least one partner it reduces the time required considerably (and looking for one pal to do them is not as hard as looking for three). I usually do them daily with my girlfriend and although we take around twice as I'd take with a team of 4, still is doable. I don't really care much for the time since I'm capped and there's not much else to do...

_Nue
Jan 19, 2013, 05:23 AM
I hunt for rares endlessly. Constantly hunting for those million meseta rares is worth the time and effort. My inspiration came from finding a Lambda Tigredor some time ago and was able to sell it for 12mil. Now, I've found quite a few valuable rares that have netted me millions. I also make money by investing in scratch tickets. Since those will definitely skyrocket in price once the prior scratch finishes.

Also: BECOME KING OF THE GRINDER MARKET. Treat the economy like it's the real thing.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2013, 05:24 AM
the affixing is where all my money is being poured into, just idk is it better to buy that certain ability and then affix it when there is 3 slots open (no penalty of course)

I tried getting my Angel Arm piece that had Wolga Soul and Technic 2add with Stamina 2 and well it failed, over and over because i didnt have 3 slots open and i know i wouldnt be able to get that 3rd slot, i know adding just affixes is a good way to go, but are the units even worth buying with those stats on them to use as fodder material? i mean some go for 100k, is it normal just to go ahead anf fork out the extra cash on those just to have a chance at getting what you want on the unit?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2013, 05:28 AM
I hunt for rares endlessly. Constantly hunting for those million meseta rares is worth the time and effort. My inspiration came from finding a Lambda Tigredor some time ago and was able to sell it for 12mil. Now, I've found quite a few valuable rares that have netted me millions. I also make money by investing in scratch tickets. Since those will definitely skyrocket in price once the prior scratch finishes.

Also: BECOME KING OF THE GRINDER MARKET. Treat the economy like it's the real thing.

oh man trust me, i've tried to go rare hunting, even with lucky rise on my Rod and Unit giving me a 10% boost, i yet to see any good rares drop for me, dont get me started on boss drops either, i'm the meseta god when it comes to those >_>

you mean buy all the lower priced grinders and then re-sell them at a higher price? if so i get undercutted fast and gets worse from there

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2013, 05:30 AM
Shop. Generally, there are 4 kinds of things for sale in my shop.

- Client Order items, such as anything Franka requires.
- Weapons and units with x Soul on them. Always, always hold onto anything with an offensive soul on it so you can price check it. The number of affixes on it will affect the price, so be sure to input that information when you do the price check.
- Units with Power/Shoot/Technique I on them. They sell for rock bottom (like 1k), but they sell practically instantly, and that's more than their vendor price so it's worth the time.
- Grinders (I generally sell half of what I find in a day, and bank the rest).

I come across loads of the above in my daily play, so I have a pretty good income. Hardly a high roller, but I'm sitting on a comfortable fortune, plus, it's nice knowing my shop provides people with useful things. If you have a shop, you should at the very least be able to supplement your income significantly by considering where you're going to be playing and taking orders from Franka to complement your destination.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2013, 05:39 AM
so guys think if i bought the unit with lucky rise (leg and arm) from the EX Cube shop that that would help me out in searching for rares?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 05:42 AM
yeah playing the market like that's not as easy if you dont have 10-20 mil to play with but it's doable.

Anyway the affix thing is pretty easy. what you do if you want tech II Stamina II and a soul on your gear is you

A:

Get your target gear with stamina I, tech I and a throw away affix. bind just the soul you want to your target. if it fails get back up to 3 slots (use 2 units/weapons for this. it ups your chances by 10% per affix when going to 3 slots)

B:

Get two pieces of equipment you plan to affix to your target that are identical to the first.

C:

Combine: all 3 affixes will have an 80% affix rate (51% chance of getting all three) for this you can use an affix rate boost to up your chances. (a 20% booster results in a 100% affix rate across the board)

Personally though I prefer to go with Tech III if I plan to start using boosters.

The difference here is instead of making all three units to match you get your throwaways to Tech III stamina I and Soul while you want your target to have Stamina I, Soul and a throwaway affix.

Doing this will result in 80/80/80 again. so a 20% affix boost will give you a guaranteed affix for all 3.

Use the lowest quality gear you can for your throwaways. equipment quality affects how much dudu will charge you and some believe that lower end gear has hidden modifiers to boost affix rates, so it's win/win.

The reason you do this btw is that dudu will charge much more to do this if you just go for the target and there's no way to guarantee it if you do it raw (as if you were making the throwaways)

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2013, 05:42 AM
I'm sure that it does something on a macro scale, but the effect you see on a day to day basis from a Lucky Rise set is imperceptibly small.

Z-0
Jan 19, 2013, 07:53 AM
- Units with Power/Shoot/Technique I on them. They sell for rock bottom (like 1k), but they sell practically instantly, and that's more than their vendor price so it's worth the time.
The reason why they might be selling instantly is because above 1 slot, it's worth more than 1,000 meseta.

15,000-25,000 meseta for the 3 slots, and around 2,500-5,000 for the 2 slots, and like 80,000-100,000 meseta for the 4 slots.

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2013, 08:01 AM
I was just talking the single slots there.

NoiseHERO
Jan 19, 2013, 09:00 AM
By Having a shop, and no longer spending 3 mil on dudu a week.

.Jack
Jan 19, 2013, 09:32 AM
I've recommended to friends is that after every EQ, buy the 1-2 slot units that have tech/shoot/power I on them that people sell for 1k. You transfer that first I into a 1* that only costs 300 meseta to affix to make III's out of that is a really easy way to make money.

A x/xIII 2 slot unit can be made (50/50 chance) with around 20-30k. These are sold in shops for 100-200k.

Mystil
Jan 19, 2013, 04:26 PM
^I think you just ruined it for those people that do that.

Anyway, I make my money through drops and selling to vendor. Yeah its slower than before the vendor nerf but not as slow as I thought it would be.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:23 PM
I've recommended to friends is that after every EQ, buy the 1-2 slot units that have tech/shoot/power I on them that people sell for 1k. You transfer that first I into a 1* that only costs 300 meseta to affix to make III's out of that is a really easy way to make money.

A x/xIII 2 slot unit can be made (50/50 chance) with around 20-30k. These are sold in shops for 100-200k.
The only issue there is that 1* units don't exist.

This is what i've been diong for weapons though...for the past 2 weeks.
Minus selling them; never owned a shop :(

Bellion
Jan 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
1* Sub units can be bought from the unit shop.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:29 PM
1* Sub units can be bought from the unit shop.
Ah, SUB units.

My bad. Never seen them show up though :|
How often do the npc shops cycle between items though?

Xaeris
Jan 19, 2013, 07:30 PM
About every ten minutes or so. The shop on each block has its own inventory though, so you can just change between them until you find what you're looking for.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:31 PM
About every ten minutes or so. The shop on each block has its own inventory though, so you can just change between them until you find what you're looking for.
omg.

I really needed to know this
Thanks!!!!!

MoonAtomizer
Jan 19, 2013, 07:41 PM
Use the lowest quality gear you can for your throwaways. equipment quality affects how much dudu will charge you and some believe that lower end gear has hidden modifiers to boost affix rates, so it's win/win.

What is the basis for this claim? I use low end gear to cut the affix cost, but I don't think I've ever heard of hidden affix modifiers.

On Topic: Once you figure out affixing, you can easily profit. Don't be afraid of Dudu, but also know your limits. Calculate your risks, usually it's [really] in your favor.

Unfortunately, this is where the secrets are. I think the most commonly known, yet useful affix strategy is 3 slot Soul/level III/Boost with 20% booster.

Grinding on the other hand isn't strategic at all. You use protects at the high levels, but it's all RNG. It's kind of a necessity to do, though, if you want to really take advantage of affixing, since people are typically paying you to skip out on the RNG.

Kous
Jan 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
For The Record. What is TACOs

Magus_84
Jan 19, 2013, 08:03 PM
For The Record. What is TACOs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco

Also, "Time Attack Client Order".

You get them from Klotho. I think you have to have Tundra unlocked first.

.Jack
Jan 19, 2013, 08:03 PM
Made a quick video on affixing using 1* units. All the material can be bought for 1k from time to time, specially after any EQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl73RqhPL0Q

LK1721
Jan 19, 2013, 08:07 PM
Grinders, TACOs, vending, scratch tickets.

Soultrigger
Jan 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
Made a quick video on affixing using 1* units. All the material can be bought for 1k from time to time, specially after any EQ.

Affixing x/III - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl73RqhPL0Q)

Should've used a 2 slot with Mutation I. Higher chance and you save a third of your fodders.

Also, I feel some of those Souls could've seen better use...

Kind've awkward telling you this, being on your Blacklist... ^^;

.Jack
Jan 19, 2013, 08:21 PM
Should've used a 2 slot with Mutation I. Higher chance and you save a third of your fodders.

Also, I feel some of those Souls could've seen better use...

Kind've awkward telling you this, being on your Blacklist... ^^;

Yeah, I know that. :-D It was just random junk I had/bought to make the video.

My BL is now 100% clear, btw. :-)

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 08:36 PM
What is the basis for this claim? I use low end gear to cut the affix cost, but I don't think I've ever heard of hidden affix modifiers.

On Topic: Once you figure out affixing, you can easily profit. Don't be afraid of Dudu, but also know your limits. Calculate your risks, usually it's [really] in your favor.

Unfortunately, this is where the secrets are. I think the most commonly known, yet useful affix strategy is 3 slot Soul/level III/Boost with 20% booster.

Grinding on the other hand isn't strategic at all. You use protects at the high levels, but it's all RNG. It's kind of a necessity to do, though, if you want to really take advantage of affixing, since people are typically paying you to skip out on the RNG.

People talk about it all over the forums here. I dont believe it myself but others swear by it.

Soultrigger
Jan 19, 2013, 08:42 PM
@hc4: Thanks. I wasn't able to say this to everyone when it happened, but sorry about that "incident".

Back to topic (just for the sake of it), but a little personal (not-so?) secret is to buy a bunch of stuff during a new AC rotation. Everyone is trying to buy the new costumes, which means everything else becomes incredibly cheap. Fast forward a week, and the value of your items have risen. If by chance you still have them after several weeks, the prices will have inflated due to no one AC scratching.

MetalDude
Jan 20, 2013, 02:26 AM
Photon Spheres have become stupidly easy to hunt and also very lucrative. Their prices vary wildly especially based on the ship you're on. They're currently running for ~70k on Ship 02. Plus, it's not bad if you're hunting down a Wired Lance, Launcher, Twin Machinegun, or Wand.