PDA

View Full Version : can I play the japanese version on a UK version PSvita?

Anime_Angel
Jan 19, 2013, 03:34 PM
hello, with the upcoming PSvita release in Japan, would I be able to play that game on my UK PSvita attall?

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 19, 2013, 03:38 PM
Yup. I think your Vita has to be synched to a japanese PSN account though.

GrandYith
Jan 19, 2013, 04:12 PM
As far as I know, PSVita has no region lock D: So yeah :) I know a blog that could give every detail about how to play the Vita beta, but since it's in brazilian portuguese, I think it's no use sending it to you :/ But I guess there are other blogs like this in english :) Maybe a deep search will reveal them ;D

Akaimizu
Jan 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
There is one thing I'm not sure about. Since the actual Vita cart isn't Region Locked, the deciding factor could be your willingness to go through the hassle of switching your Vita to a different region. They did make it quite the hassle, requiring you to have different memory cards, do entire system resets, etc. They want you to hop on one foot, rub your tummy, and take the Monty Hall challenge these days, to switch accounts. It's nowhere like it was on the PSP.

blace
Jan 19, 2013, 04:26 PM
All I know from the Vita beta thread is that the Sega ID is linked to your PSN account. It may be a safe bet that it may require a Japanese ID for it.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 19, 2013, 04:59 PM
There is one thing I'm not sure about. Since the actual Vita cart isn't Region Locked, the deciding factor could be your willingness to go through the hassle of switching your Vita to a different region. They did make it quite the hassle, requiring you to have different memory cards, do entire system resets, etc. They want you to hop on one foot, rub your tummy, and take the Monty Hall challenge these days, to switch accounts. It's nowhere like it was on the PSP.

I didn't realise how difficult they made it to switch PSN accounts on the Vita. I'm sort of glad I linked my Vita to my japanese PSN account when I first got it.