PDA

View Full Version : Can i skip matter board?

charliewu
Jan 19, 2013, 04:35 PM
Would I be able to access all areas if I don't do matter board?

blace
Jan 19, 2013, 04:41 PM
The matterboard is for the story and unlocking several NPC's and is not needed for unlocking new areas.

Further questions should be asked here ( http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866).

Mystil
Jan 19, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of us who can say the most of the story we've seen was the first meeting with Afin and then never going back :P

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
Story is sort of useful for 3 things

1) MB5 Story quest (I think it's 5, Volcano) could be marginally quicker than rushing to Vol Dragon in free Volcano, and is a slightly lower level than on Hard free Volcano. For some client orders class unlock client orders this can be useful.

2) MB7 Story quest (City) has guaranteed 2 Gwana and 1 Ragne, again useful for some Hard COs.

3) MB8 Story quest (Ruins) has (if you take left path) a guaranteed spawn of Fang Banther+Banshee. This will be less useful come update time when the new time attack will also have a guaranteed Banther but likely at higher levels.

But that's about it for benefits, other than having free 1-time equipment with (sometimes) hard to make affixes.

Temprus
Jan 19, 2013, 06:44 PM
There are also weapons the III numbered skills that you can use and sell in the later matterboards, client orders that you get through the matterboard, those npcs you unlock also give you client orders to do, and it's also something to do as you level tediously up.

Seriously, I rushed on Myra when I was first playing and ignored the matterboard till between 30 and 40. I don't do that any more.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:17 PM
Story is sort of useful for 3 things

1) MB5 Story quest (I think it's 5, Volcano) could be marginally quicker than rushing to Vol Dragon in free Volcano, and is a slightly lower level than on Hard free Volcano. For some client orders class unlock client orders this can be useful.

2) MB7 Story quest (City) has guaranteed 2 Gwana and 1 Ragne, again useful for some Hard COs.

3) MB8 Story quest (Ruins) has (if you take left path) a guaranteed spawn of Fang Banther+Banshee. This will be less useful come update time when the new time attack will also have a guaranteed Banther but likely at higher levels.

But that's about it for benefits, other than having free 1-time equipment with (sometimes) hard to make affixes.
The only negative is that you have to solo those quests.

Asirae
Jan 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
I hate having to go out of my way to do this matter board...

Might need some better reasons to keep going, I'm almost done with 5 and I'm lv 44...

The final matter board has Falz Hunar right? Can you farm him for gear?

Anduril
Jan 28, 2013, 04:15 PM
Can you farm him for gear?
Nope.

Ezodagrom
Jan 28, 2013, 04:16 PM
I hate having to go out of my way to do this matter board...

Might need some better reasons to keep going, I'm almost done with 5 and I'm lv 44...

The final matter board has Falz Hunar right? Can you farm him for gear?
The final board has Falz Hunar, but apparently he doesn't drop anything there.

Z-0
Jan 28, 2013, 04:16 PM
There is pretty much no reason to do the Matter Board. There's a few odd things, like the Ragne at the end of Story Quest 7, and the items that drop sometimes, but it's not rewarding at all.

Falz Hunar in story does not drop anything.

Coatl
Jan 29, 2013, 12:51 PM
You do if you want to complete Xiie's last Valentines CO.
21k EXP gib.