PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 Installer, Need Help

Anemosity13
Jan 19, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm having trouble installing PSO 2. My trouble just revolves around this error right here: http://gyazo.com/bd8845e418c491fa5bf0b80e04937982
Any help?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 19, 2013, 06:18 PM
I'm not seeing an error, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough? All i see is it's asking you where you want to install the game

Anemosity13
Jan 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
It isn't really an error. But if I click what appears to be ok, it just gives me some other error window, and I can't continue with the download.

Anemosity13
Jan 19, 2013, 06:55 PM
Also, this is the error that I receive after clicking OK. http://gyazo.com/56a92a93eaeb2afe83c97a65f0150771

ashley50
Jan 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
try to redownload all files again and see if it gives you the same error.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
If my reading serves me right, you're missing that binary file (PSO2_SETUP-2a.bin) in that directory?

Sounds more like a setup-extraction stage instead of choosing install directory

Anemosity13
Jan 19, 2013, 07:24 PM
What do you mean try to download all files again? I have restarted the installation multiple times.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:26 PM
What do you mean try to download all files again? I have restarted the installation multiple times.
-facepalm-

You had to download the setup+its files before you could INSTALL right?
RIGHT?

That's what he means: DOWNLOAD THE SETUP AGAIN!
Or grab that missing binary file i mentioned if I'm correct about what I read..

Anemosity13
Jan 19, 2013, 07:32 PM
Syklo, I'm not sure why but it seems that this forum is full of impatient people who act like assholes when someone is slow. You're one of those big examples. There really is no reason to "-facepalm-". I find it annoying when one does that.

The Walrus
Jan 19, 2013, 07:44 PM
Well you did ask what did they mean by download it again...

That said we get annoyed by stupid, people asking the same question over and over especially multiple times in the same day, people begging for captcha help, and people who are so computer illiterate that it's amazing they were even able to turn the darn thing on.

We do try to be patient and helpful though. So it's not so much that we're assholes as it is that we have limited patience.

BUT YEAH. Do what they said and download it again.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 07:46 PM
Actually I'm just one of few of those people. Yes I'm admitting it, not that I can deny it...
For me, there's plenty reason for such self-abuse. If that annoys you, well, sorry but it's a habit.

Silly me for not looking at the first picture -whacks self-.
Looks like a disc input dialog. In other words that little pop-up is asking for the setup files directory (the place where you downloaded the installer along with those .bin's), not where to install the game. (Correct me if i'm wrong).

Cagedtaytay
Jan 19, 2013, 08:16 PM
Syklo, I'm not sure why but it seems that this forum is full of impatient people who act like assholes when someone is slow. You're one of those big examples. There really is no reason to "-facepalm-". I find it annoying when one does that.

Really? Because, you're the one being rude and acting like an asshole here.
We are all just tired of the massive stupid, and the same threads being created over and over again.

Syklo
Jan 19, 2013, 08:28 PM
It isn't really an error. But if I click what appears to be ok, it just gives me some other error window, and I can't continue with the download.

Just read this thread AGAIN, and a confusion clearer is in order.
Downloading is when you take files off the internet.
Installing is when you "unpack" (open) a setup file from your hard drive (computer) and extract/move to another place on said hard drive.

Unless you claim otherwise, you're installing, not downloading.
Felt like saying that now, apologies if this still "annoys" you.

Anemosity13
Jan 20, 2013, 05:57 AM
Okay, let me ask you this. Where the hell are we supposed to go for help when we can't read the damn installer and then everything goes shit. You guys are HUGE assholes. That is exactly what you are so please don't deny it. You say "stupid people" because we need help on something? Sorry I can't read Japanese. And by the way, redownloading it still didn't work.

Syklo
Jan 20, 2013, 06:51 AM
You're supposed to "browse"/indicate the path to the folder containing the setup files, not the path to where you want to install it.
I.e. indicate the path to where you have PSO2_SETUP-2a.bin (amongst the other files)
If this still doesn't work or you've already tried that, then I have no idea what the error is actually telling you.
そうなれば、ごめんなさい。

Oh and, irony or not, going out of your way to unnecessarily describe us (or this forum's main users) as "Huge assholes" (even if it is true) gives off the impression that you are one too.
Along with impatience.

If you want -good/better- assistance, you're going to have to expect some crude comments every now and then; most of the time it's just a one-off thing.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 20, 2013, 10:11 AM
Okay, let me ask you this. Where the hell are we supposed to go for help when we can't read the damn installer and then everything goes shit. You guys are HUGE assholes. That is exactly what you are so please don't deny it. You say "stupid people" because we need help on something? Sorry I can't read Japanese. And by the way, redownloading it still didn't work.

Not even worth my time.

Seany1990
Jan 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
You guys are HUGE assholes. That is exactly what you are so please don't deny it.

I can't speak for everybody but I personally love assisting those who insult the people who are trying to help them.