PDA

View Full Version : Sub Classes, worth unlocking asap?

Tooks
Jan 20, 2013, 07:06 PM
I've just hit level 20 (well, i'm above that now) and obviously have been given access to the subclass CO. I've managed to grind the Fodoran and Garongo and found 2 of the 5 Gilnas while finishing my desert missions. I've read that Gilnas are easier to find in the mines, and afaik they're only in the desert as a rare-ish encounter (level stats indicate they show up less than 1% of the time) Is it worth waiting until I unlock the mines to finish this CO or should I go wander around the desert for hours until I actually stumble across 3 of these things?

blace
Jan 20, 2013, 07:10 PM
You can go for days without finding Gilnas' in desert and Mines isn't too far off. You can try and finish it now, or hold it off until you unlock a new class at 30.

Anduril
Jan 20, 2013, 07:10 PM
Subclasses are really beneficial and I would recommend trying to get them unlocked asap. I personally had luck running the second area of the third(?) desert mission with 3 NPCs(Since it boosts the number that appear) where they can appear as an Emergency Code.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2013, 07:14 PM
Gilnas are practically guaranteed to spawn in Transformers Takedown

Tooks
Jan 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
You can go for days without finding Gilnas' in desert and Mines isn't too far off. You can try and finish it now, or hold it off until you unlock a new class at 30.

This is what I was thinking to be honest. As a force I cant see how subclass is going to help much until I can unlock the Techer class, anyway.

Question on sub classing. Does your subclass level up while equipped, or do you have to level your subclass up as a main class first, basically making you level two classes atleast to level 50?

Anduril
Jan 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
This is what I was thinking to be honest. As a force I cant see how subclass is going to help much until I can unlock the Techer class, anyway.

Question on sub classing. Does your subclass level up while equipped, or do you have to level your subclass up as a main class first, basically making you level two classes atleast to level 50?
You have to level them separately, yes.

Tooks
Jan 20, 2013, 07:17 PM
You have to level them separately, yes.

Thought that'd be the case, boo. Oh well I guess subclassing as a force while I level techer should work well.

blace
Jan 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
Thought that'd be the case, boo. Oh well I guess subclassing as a force while I level techer should work well.

Techer is a more support oriented class and as such, the techs as Techer are not as effective unless you're subbing as Force. Wind, light and dark is a Techers specialty.

Tooks
Jan 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Techer is a more support oriented class and as such, the techs as Techer are not as effective unless you're subbing as Force. Wind, light and dark is a Techers specialty.

Wind is probably my favourite set of spells at the moment anyway hah

blace
Jan 20, 2013, 07:33 PM
Wind is probably my favourite set of spells at the moment anyway hah
You'll also want to consider that Techers are more striking based, since their stats are similar to Hunters. Wand gear is a proof of that.

Kondibon
Jan 20, 2013, 07:35 PM
You'll also want to consider that Techers are more striking based, since their stats are similar to Hunters. Wand gear is a proof of that.They are. Wand Gear buffs up their melee damage enough that instead of spamming techs until I run out of PP and then using weak melee attacks. I'm spamming techs until I run out of PP and still dishing out decent damage. They still aren't as good at pure teching as forces though.

EDIT: On the topic, I think whether or not you want to wait depends on how much you want subclassing. I actually think fighter makes a better subclass to techer for pure damage because of stances unless you're really interested in Techer's element based skills so I'm not really not really sure you should just wait for techer specifically.

Magus_84
Jan 20, 2013, 07:57 PM
Try some of the mines quests. And having a subclass, even an unleveled one, is better than not. It's an increase based on 20% of the sub's stats. So even at level 1, a Hunter sub is giving you between 13 (M Cast) and 15 T-atk (Newman Female).

Along with 30-40 more HP.

That's not a huge boost, but it's still free stats.

MetalDude
Jan 20, 2013, 09:00 PM
A FO sub has a lot of convenience simply because you get your own resta supply. You can't do a lot with RA at all unless you sub a HU whose tree has already been progressed a bit.

Coatl
Jan 20, 2013, 09:49 PM
I think RA gets the most out of subbing FO or HU at low levels.

Tooks
Jan 21, 2013, 06:35 AM
My current plan is to speed through the Tundra as fast as I can to unlock the mines so I can get my subclass. Maybe power level a HU to level 10 as classes are real easy to level up at low levels and then sub that on my force until I can unlock Techer, then Sub force onto my Techer till its about the same level as my force. From there I guess i'll level them both in stages so one doesnt really get too far ahead of the other.

Rob2003ert
Jan 21, 2013, 07:41 AM
There's a bunch of guaranteed Gilnas spawns in Lilipa Time Attack. You won't be able to start it up yourself (until you unlock Free Mines) but you can join/run it if someone else starts it. Can always ask a friend or someone in the lobby to do that for you to grab them. For future reference there's a ton of guaranteed Garongo near the start in the Naberius TA too.

Tooks
Jan 21, 2013, 08:11 AM
There's a bunch of guaranteed Gilnas spawns in Lilipa Time Attack. You won't be able to start it up yourself (until you unlock Free Mines) but you can join/run it if someone else starts it. Can always ask a friend or someone in the lobby to do that for you to grab them. For future reference there's a ton of guaranteed Garongo near the start in the Naberius TA too.

Stupid question but...how exactly do you do time attack missions? :/

Rob2003ert
Jan 21, 2013, 09:19 AM
They're accepted from the counter like any other, you should get Naberius when you unlock Free Tundra, Lilipa when you unlock Free S.Tunnels and Amduscia when you unlock Free F.Continent. But like I said, if you have someone else start it up for you, you can run them without having unlocked them yourself.

Temprus
Jan 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry that much about subclass right at level 20. Just keep going about leveling and stuff. Once you get 30 and unlock the next class COs (and plan on switching to it), then just grab up the remainder of your subclass COs (assuming you haven't already completed them by chance) and get it out of the way.

Honestly a level 1 class adds a little, but not enough to bore yourself over.

UnLucky
Jan 21, 2013, 02:39 PM
Well, getting a subclass to lv20 is probably the biggest stat gain you can get for the investment since it's a good 20% and fairly easy to get. Using another's numbers, stat gains from levels past 20 aren't as much (40%), so a 20/20 is about the same as a 30/0, plus you get the full effect of the skill trees.

Top priority? Maybe not. It's always important to unlock new areas since the latest is usually the greatest unless you're hunting something in specific. Though it's also a good idea not to burn yourself out trying to progress too fast, rushing past 3 areas and complaining about the 4th being stale.

Tooks
Jan 22, 2013, 06:00 AM
Well, getting a subclass to lv20 is probably the biggest stat gain you can get for the investment since it's a good 20% and fairly easy to get. Using another's numbers, stat gains from levels past 20 aren't as much (40%), so a 20/20 is about the same as a 30/0, plus you get the full effect of the skill trees.

Top priority? Maybe not. It's always important to unlock new areas since the latest is usually the greatest unless you're hunting something in specific. Though it's also a good idea not to burn yourself out trying to progress too fast, rushing past 3 areas and complaining about the 4th being stale.

I'm quite happy about the skill tree bit. When I read about Techers I was excited to unlock and play one but bummed at the idea of losing my Force's ability to regain PP while still charging my next attack