PDA

View Full Version : How to join MPA?

Typhoeus
Jan 21, 2013, 04:40 AM
I don't really get how to join an MPA. I select the options that would seem like I am joining (such as parties showing 10/12 in total players), but I am never put IN a party and never see anyone else around when I enter the field. Any help?

blace
Jan 21, 2013, 04:44 AM
Are you joining the existing parties or joining as a separate party? Either way they're more than likely out in area 2 either running aimlessly or heading to the boss.

If it helps any, free exploration is where most people do their MPAs.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 21, 2013, 04:46 AM
Not being put in a party is normal.

When you're looking at a party to join in an area, the top option makes you join -that party-.
The bottom option makes you join -that room- in your own party.

For Arks Quests, the first and third areas of a multiparty area are single-party zones. You'll only see other players in area 2.

For Free Fields, areas 1 and 2 are MPAs.

If you don't see other players, they're probably in a different area or in the campship.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
Or fighting the boss

sandylecuistot
Jan 21, 2013, 01:07 PM
As I was always trying to avoid multi parties, seems others are looking for them :) . Interesting
Good luck.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 01:15 PM
Why avoid them? O_o

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
If you did want to avoid them, for whatever reason:

Put a password lock on your party, and pick the bottom option just under where you type the password. This password locks your whole area. The top option just PW locks your party but not the area.

Typhoeus
Jan 21, 2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the responses. Are MPA's the best way to level still?

sandylecuistot
Jan 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
Why avoid them? O_o
Because it is annoying,

@Seravi Thanks but I knew. I was just saying this with no real reason behind. Just that some players want one thing and others want to have the opposite.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 09:05 PM
"it is annoying" isn't a reason. MPAs are the best way to get exp and drops since bigger groups result in a larger number of enemies. Even COs are easier to do. "it's annoying"? =/ yeah ok

Syklo
Jan 21, 2013, 09:08 PM
"it is annoying" isn't a reason. MPAs are the best way to get exp and drops since bigger groups result in a larger number of enemies. Even COs are easier to do. "it's annoying"? =/ yeah ok
It's disheartening when you enter an MPA and everything you try to kill gets sniped off.
At least by not participating you still get to FIGHT.

But then one might as well argue
WHY NOT JUST DO SINGLE-PARTY QUESTS!?
Since you get parallel and clone chances.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 09:23 PM
I might support that idea if the worthwhile bosses had SPAs.

if you want clones or parallel worlds you may as well just run a single party area and restart ad nauseum.

Anyway I never have an issue running MPAs. Even as a Melee class all it means is if you want to hit the small fry you're gonna have to apply yourself. As a ranged or tech class, you're a part of the "problem". Either way it doesn't justify avoiding them. Personally the only time I avoid MPAs is when I'm running somewhere where there aren't MPAs - Like Desert Free Field. And that's not avoiding them so much as not being able to find them.

sandylecuistot
Jan 22, 2013, 04:10 AM
"MPAs are the best way to get exp and drops"
Is that a definition of fun ?
12 players is way too much.

GreenArcher
Jan 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
ITT: Not everyone plays games the same way

sandylecuistot
Jan 22, 2013, 05:37 PM
Exactly.
That was my point, initially.

terrell707
Jan 22, 2013, 09:42 PM
Exactly.
That was my point, initially.

They can get pretty annoying lol. MPAs can be fun sometimes but not all the time.

Also just to add for the OP, you can also join into an MPA without actually joining the party. Say you see a friend running with a full party in a MPA and you wanna join in with your party, you can...
1) Select the mission and then select the third option I believe
2) Choose the Second option on the quest counter, select the party and then select the second option.

Either way will allow you to join the party as your own party. (Sorry If I'm wrong with the options. I don't have the game open).