PDA

View Full Version : Just a friendly warning: We will be getting another...

D-Inferno
Jan 21, 2013, 12:13 PM
Skill Tree update. If you noticed on the Fighter and Techer Trees, Brave and Wise Stance Up, and PP Restorate all have a 1 next to them, but yet no 2. And if I recall correctly, _____ Mastery on the Force and Techer trees had a 1 next to them (correct if 'm wrong on this) While they did not appear in the tree update a while back, SEGA could add them in the next tree extension.

In two days, the level cap will raise to 55. However, I don't think the tree is actually getting updated then. However, IRC, a new difficulty setting is coming this spring or so, and that could possibly raise the cap to 60 (and come with a new +5 SP CO). The thing I mainly warning about is that +5 SP is being given out right now, but you can't use that SP on any new skills. Should my predictions of Lv60 + 5 SP on the next difficulty come true, then you may only have +10 SP to work with the new tree expansion.

I'll show a possible example with the Ranger tree. Much of you have likely used this as your Ranger tree(http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ski ... 00ib00000f). Let's say that Weak Hit Advance 3 got added to the tree next update. If it got added, chances are it would likely get added under Ability Up 3, probably requiring you 5 points in said skill. If my prediction of Lv60 and a 5 SP CO for the next difficulty come true, you would be able to max Weak Hit Advance 3 in this hypothetical situation. However, if one had spent 5 from Lv51-55 on another skill, then you would not be able to max it.

Another example is the future Brave and Wise Stance Up 2. If you look as the Wise side of the Fighter tree you'll see that Wise Up2 can't go anywhere but below either Dead or Halfline. While the Brave side has plenty of space around it, SEGA would probably place Brave S Up 2 in a parallel position to Wise Up 2; like below Chase Bind. This would make it impossible to max both stances completely. Being so far down would also mean you would need to have a lot of leftover SP just to reach them, let alone max them. I personally regret maxing S ATK Up 1, since I feel that my current Fighter tree might not be able to max Brave S Up 2 if it lands in my predicted place. While it's possible they might not actually get stuck down there, do note that SEGA has been greedy with PSO2, and probably will place them far down just so people use either two trees for each stance, or have to buy 2 new trees because their original tree can't reach either one.

I'll admit a lot of things I've said a pure speculation (Lv60 for the next difficulty may not even happen right away; my two examples don't even take new original perks that could be powerful into account). All I'm asking is that you be a bit careful with the +5 SP you get (as well as any SP you have leftover in general) on Wednesday's update so that the next skill tree update is less likely to mess up your tree. I cant help but feel as if SEGA is introducing Lv55 early as an attempt to get people to waste SP without seeing the next extension, and then using the extension to make everyone buy new trees because they are like 3 points away from getting their desired perk.

Z-0
Jan 21, 2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, there will be another skill tree expansion.

They are not bringing out new skills with the 55 cap to make people place points into pre-existing stuff, so they can mess up builds later on (like they did with my TE one, lalala), thus forcing people to buy more trees if they want a better build.

DS23
Jan 21, 2013, 12:41 PM
Well if they're able to profit off the min/max types they're going to do so. :p

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
Old news

Xaelouse
Jan 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
watch PP restorate 2 be on the Wind side of the tree. Nobody is gonna give a shit then

Z-0
Jan 21, 2013, 01:17 PM
lol wind...

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 01:25 PM
That would be horrible. xD

Based off the pattern though it will branch off from elemental weak hit and require 5/10 or better.

D-Inferno
Jan 21, 2013, 01:31 PM
Techer needs PP Charge Revival + better Wand casting in order to be considered for a primary class outside of leveling it. Even then, I'm not really sure if a TE/FI (assuming PPCR somehow ends up on TE) would even be better than FO/TE for for Wind, Light, and Dark tech focus, since the Force tree has Tech Charge Advance, has Fire perks, and is not stance dependent.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 01:34 PM
...Eh?

Jakosifer
Jan 21, 2013, 01:43 PM
...Eh?

Yeah, what is this aboot

Mystil
Jan 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
Techer needs PP Charge Revival + better Wand casting in order to be considered for a primary class outside of leveling it. Even then, I'm not really sure if a TE/FI (assuming PPCR somehow ends up on TE) would even be better than FO/TE for for Wind, Light, and Dark tech focus, since the Force tree has Tech Charge Advance, has Fire perks, and is not stance dependent.

Could get revival from /FO ?

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 02:46 PM
Te still has a lower casting speed and lower T atk than Fo due to wands though if you use Talis there's really no difference.

Z-0
Jan 21, 2013, 02:48 PM
It's more the problem that TE is pretty much locked into a FO sub if you want to be any good at teching. Otherwise it's just painful since you don't have PP Charge Revival.

The Walrus
Jan 21, 2013, 02:48 PM
TE needs a skill that improves casting speed for everything

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 02:49 PM
...No?

The class was designed to be slower than Fo

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 21, 2013, 02:49 PM
TE needs to make using Wands not suck.

I thought everyone was kidding about that Wand delay on casting (I had used COs to take my Force to 30). Then I tried Force again.

Why Techer, why?

Cyclon
Jan 21, 2013, 02:53 PM
watch PP restorate 2 be on the Wind side of the tree. Nobody is gonna give a shit then
I honestly thought they were gonna screw all you firespammers somewhere at some point; I'm still waiting.

TE needs a skill that improves casting speed for everything
TE needs uber uncharged techs. That fill their gear gauge.

UnLucky
Jan 21, 2013, 03:03 PM
TE needs everything.

gigawuts
Jan 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
te needs sword gear and step attack

and then make court edge all class and madame's umbrella more common

and give wands all the melee-only gunslash PA's

om nom nom

MetalDude
Jan 21, 2013, 03:27 PM
...No?

The class was designed to be slower than Fo

With no form of good compensation. It's shit design.

Magus_84
Jan 21, 2013, 03:31 PM
I'm predicting now:

1. There's going to be a support tech duration skill

2. It'll be at the bottom of the Ice tree (in Force)

3. Techer will get a Support Tech Cost Reduction skill instead (for "balance")

Sega: "U MAD, TECHERS?!"

Cyclon
Jan 21, 2013, 03:35 PM
With no form of good compensation. It's shit design.
As long as these two classes will be so similar, one will be the underdog of the other.

Vote for uncharged techs.

MetalDude
Jan 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
I mean, if TE was just really superb at supporting and actually had a decent means of approaching targets (and if Wand attacking wasn't piss slow), I think it'd be a great class with some actual identity. It wouldn't even be a matter of being better than FO (it still wouldn't be), it's just that it'd actually be useful on its own.

gigawuts
Jan 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
Yup, uncharged techs, and better melee-oriented skills as hunter has.

As it is, wands are slow casting rods with low tech damage and extra damage on melee hits. Whooooo, scary.

Turn wands into more of a gunslash weapon with a pool of hybrid tech-melee PA's to select from, make wands gain charge from uncharged techs, and add new skills which require wand gear to refund PP and boost damage of uncharged techs based on wand gear bar.

Honestly that last one, new skills that add bonuses to gears, is something this game needs more of. I hope we advanced gear skills that add features in the next expansion.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 21, 2013, 03:52 PM
Or make the tech explosion damage on Wand Gear significantly more worthwhile (lazy option).

gigawuts
Jan 21, 2013, 03:54 PM
That's a really bad idea because it doesn't address the fundamental issues and it's probably exactly what will happen.

UnLucky
Jan 21, 2013, 03:54 PM
I'm predicting now:

1. There's going to be a support tech duration skill

2. It'll be at the bottom of the Ice tree (in Force)

3. Techer will get a Support Tech Cost Reduction skill instead (for "balance")

Sega: "U MAD, TECHERS?!"

Put some T-Def Ups in the Fire tree and more Normal Tech Advances in the Lightning tree for good measure.

Man, if Techer could double uncharged damage for half the cost which filled the Wand Gear and had Mirage Attack, that'd still not be as good as Force but it'd at least be interesting.

But even buffing S/D Advances and making Territory Burst more useful would upgrade TE from the garbage with a free side-order of PP that it is now.

ShinMaruku
Jan 21, 2013, 04:18 PM
Well if they're able to profit off the min/max types they're going to do so. :p

Munchkins have money to burn

Syklo
Jan 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
techers would be better in their current striking-oriented style if they had a skill where you throw a wand or use a thrown talis and teleport to its landing location.
Short cooldown obviously.

inb4OP4TA's

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2013, 08:54 PM
Yup, uncharged techs, and better melee-oriented skills as hunter has.

As it is, wands are slow casting rods with low tech damage and extra damage on melee hits. Whooooo, scary.

Turn wands into more of a gunslash weapon with a pool of hybrid tech-melee PA's to select from, make wands gain charge from uncharged techs, and add new skills which require wand gear to refund PP and boost damage of uncharged techs based on wand gear bar.

Honestly that last one, new skills that add bonuses to gears, is something this game needs more of. I hope we advanced gear skills that add features in the next expansion.

They're supposedly adding a 3rd class to every type. I imagine the stylish/speed caster type with quick melee strikes will fit in there.

Coatl
Jan 21, 2013, 10:33 PM
I honestly thought they were gonna screw all you firespammers somewhere at some point; I'm still waiting.

You realize without flame S charge fire is the most useless tech in the game right?

Laxedrane
Jan 21, 2013, 11:26 PM
The probelm with techer is that all the things it brings to the table is un-needed and useless to the comunity at large. I'll also say up front that trying to force techer into a force capable status is silly.(I.E, Being able to compete with it's offensive casting ability.)

-It's stupid amount of S defense allowing it to equip the superior Hunter line of defense units?

Who cares, no one cares about defense. This is a problem with the over all game play being un-challenging and the lack of "Fuck you" moves from the bosses. When I first enter a difficulty level I expected the boss to have at least one cheap shot move that hard to avoid that can nearly or completely one shot me. This game doesn't have that. Nor does it have aggressive enough regular enemies. It's way easier to just dodge which forces can do just as easily as a techer.

*I do think Techer needs a defensive stance though. Not a cost me this for the sake of T defense. That be lame. Maybe A stance that drastically increased the effects of Deband and any of it's advances on themselves only with some other random bonuses like HP regen.

-It's supportive effects?

Shifta and deband don't last long enough for them to be a concern to cast regularly. Shifta advance has the problem of criticals being a joke. Resta advance is redundant to anyone who maining techer since a T attack weapon boosts Resta enough. Territory burst, while helpful doesn't help enough.

Some spitball solutions to this problem since it's more directly lies in the class.

*Change Shifta advance to Photon art PP cost reduction
*Make Shifta and Deband mastery also increase the duration of the two spells.
*Make Territory burst have an Advance that increases all support spells that are sustained, not pulse effect last longer. Increase duration of support spells or effects. Also, at level 10, quadruple the range of support techs.
*Change Resta advance to give an HP Regen instead that's effective by the aforementioned territory burst.
*Possibly give additional advances down each tree that are fixed at level 1 or combined effects(effects both shifta and deband but caps out at 10 instead) that reflect the elemental tree they're down. Shifta then deband respectively: Wind, Increases attack speed and increases invincibility duration of dodges, Light, PB growth rate up and status effect resist up, finally dark, Significantly ups status infliction rates and gives the iron will ability.
*Way down one of the trees, should be wind since that side needs help besides stats we don't care about dump. Class ability that auto revives us if we are KO'd while it's in effect.
*Make it so when multiple caster cast shifta or deband the advance with the strongest level wins, and if let's say one person has wind buffs and another has dark buffs. That if they both cast players in range will receive the benefits of both at whoever has the highest effect.

This will firmly cement the support role with desirable bonuses.

The wand?

-It doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from rod. Right now it's a gimp rod with special melee effects OOOO.

*Make wand gear bursts AoE and have a decent range.
*Make every hit of wand gear's bursts give back PP like a normal swing would.
*Increase the attack speed... Again.
*Give them there own T attack damage Photon arts.(I want my FUCKING INVISIBLE STAIRS SEGA MAKE THIS HAPPEN)
*Give wands various defensive stats on them that can be increased by grinding, with a wand by wand basis on what. Not a lot but just enough for it to register in the player mind as a perk.

The regenerative skill and abilities of techer?

-They are pretty good and both can compliment any job not just force and techer. However FOR a techer it just doesn't do enough to beat reversal.

*The only solution for this I can see is a weak rip off force one that is to just give a PP reversal effect to PP Convert while it's up.
*Possibily throw a Support tech cost down on the wind tree.

Misc. point

-The hell were you thinking on wind tree here sega. Did you go "We think Techer should have PP up, that stat that's totally a waist of a point and no one uses and cluster it on the wind tree with the T attack up stat that everyone clamming for." Not cool sega not cool. Made the wind path minds well end after mastery.

*Wind needs it's elemental advance and poison flare(Shut up) along with some sort of PP regen on it's tree. How about a Mirage escape speed boost and increased PP return from wand gear sound? Sounds good to me.

Those are my ideas on the subject.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
You realize without flame S charge fire is the most useless tech in the game right?

If fire techs were stupid cheap and lightning casted faster, I think I'd still do a fire build. Rafoie still instantly hits a moving target from any distance, and Safoie is a lot of power per cast (unless you have the space for Zan). Maybe there'd be more Light builds, though.

Resta advance is redundant to anyone who maining techer since a T attack weapon boosts Resta enough.
Just chiming in to say Resta gets no boost from weapon TAtk (except from affixed abilities). Still applies, though, since any teching class would have a high TAtk to make normal Resta heal enough, and anyone else wouldn't get as much from Resta Advance to be worth the points.

But yeah, pretty much. Techer's advantages are too small and unneeded, and the Wand is just a flashier, crappier Rod. I think I still prefer a Rod's melee over it. Feels faster, longer, wider, and I don't care about the melee damage whatsoever.

Darki
Jan 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
Techer would already get inmensely more useful if their buffs lasted longer and Resta Advance gave a regenerative ability like old PSU Giresta, but that wouldn't make the class itself much better. I've seen some points here and they look interesting.

In any case, I think FO's ice tree needs MUCH love. Nobody uses ice spells except for caves, and even there, many people don't. Photon Flare is a cool skill, if you got it and its advance you get 400 TATK points but it has such a big cooldown that it happens something similar to buffs, it doesn't really make much use.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the fixed gain for a percentage penalty with a massive cooldown.

Cyclon
Jan 22, 2013, 03:37 PM
Disagreed, but even if you were right, I don't see what the difference would be. It's not like Flame S. tech charge is at the bottom of the fire tree.
Also I wasn't serious. Sort of.

The probelm with techer is that all the things it brings to the table is un-needed and useless to the comunity at large. I'll also say up front that trying to force techer into a force capable status is silly.(I.E, Being able to compete with it's offensive casting ability.)
Well, it's pretty simple really. We have an array of techs with different properties and that are cast instantly that 0 people in this game use. That is a waste. Techter needs some identity, but is thought as a close range force. What a coincidence, unchargerd techs have lower range.
That's about it really. Otherwise, scratch that and make it a support class? Fine by me. I wouldn't want it, but some people would, so why not? Anything's fine really.

MetalDude
Jan 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't really have a beef with TE never having any major offensive perks if it meant being able to relive the PSO FOmarl through TE/FO.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
Well, it's pretty simple really. We have an array of techs with different properties and that are cast instantly that 0 people in this game use. That is a waste. Techer needs some identity, but is thought as a close range force. What a coincidence, unchargerd techs have lower range.

Shorter range, smaller area, lower damage, less hits, same cost. Balance. And if you're going to be spamming lots of uncharged techs, it'll be slower with a Wand!

Cyclon
Jan 22, 2013, 04:13 PM
Shorter range, smaller area, lower damage, less hits, same cost. Balance. And if you're going to be spamming lots of uncharged techs, it'll be slower with a Wand!
Well yeah, blaming people for not using them would be a little far fetched. It's still a waste though.

Coatl
Jan 22, 2013, 04:25 PM
Disagreed, but even if you were right, I don't see what the difference would be. It's not like Flame S. tech charge is at the bottom of the fire tree.
Also I wasn't serious. Sort of.

Without Flame S charge, what would be the reason to cast rafoie over grants on an enemy? Rafoie over Ragrants?

MetalDude
Jan 22, 2013, 04:47 PM
Well don't be silly now. Ragrants is a rather poor choice if you're in a position to use Rafoie. Also, Grants doesn't explode and hit nearby enemies; or I could be completely wrong because the last time I used Grants was forever.

Even without Flame S Charge though, it's hard to really deny that all Foie technics are substantially useful. Part of why Barta technics are so dreadfully bad is their technical limitations; Barta doesn't fit in the platforming environment at all, Gibarta has rather weak range, Rabarta is the only good one, and Sabarta is just paint-dryingly slow (not to mention charge times). Barta technics were decent in PSO partly because Gibarta was a slim cone that could hit ridiculously high and far and Rabarta has a very fast casting speed; also freeze wasn't totally worthless.

Cyclon
Jan 22, 2013, 04:50 PM
Without Flame S charge, what would be the reason to cast rafoie over grants on an enemy? Rafoie over Ragrants?
Rafoie has aoe. I believe Grants doesn't. Ragrants has no range, Rafoie does.

Also, seeing as you are more or less forced to put 5 points into Flame s tech charge, really, I don't see how you can take it out of the equation like that. It's not something you're not gonna take either way.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2013, 04:58 PM
Well yeah, blaming people for not using them would be a little far fetched. It's still a waste though.
Lots of wasted potential, I agree. They could be entirely different techs or have some sort of use in some way, but no, they're just totally useless in all cases where numbers matter. Uncharged support techs aren't utterly terrible, though, since you don't need the range because nobody stays within it anyway, and Megiverse can heal you fully before the extra ticks come into play. But the PP cost is the same.

Uh, Grants can miss, Rafoie can't (most it'll do is hit the wrong hitbox because of the huge explosion). Grants and Gigrants still charge slower and Gifoie stays out longer. Foie travels further than Ragrants, and Safoie hits a wider arc.

MetalDude
Jan 22, 2013, 05:02 PM
Uncharged Shifta is not half bad if you think you'll only need a boost for 15 to 30 seconds (which is generally the case). I find uncharged Resta to be a complete waste because at least you get the full benefits from uncharge Megiverse (and FO has no trouble landing attacks in a small area).

Macman
Jan 22, 2013, 05:09 PM
Uncharged techs should just cost 25-30% the PP costs of a charged tech. Make Normal Tech Advance cap out at 200% instead of a lame 110% and uncharged techs wouldn't be a complete joke anymore.

Laxedrane
Jan 22, 2013, 06:31 PM
Well, it's pretty simple really. We have an array of techs with different properties and that are cast instantly that 0 people in this game use. That is a waste. Techter needs some identity, but is thought as a close range force. What a coincidence, unchargerd techs have lower range.
That's about it really. Otherwise, scratch that and make it a support class? Fine by me. I wouldn't want it, but some people would, so why not? Anything's fine really.

Well considering you can't get into any tree without shifta or deband mastery, and a slew of other support effects it seems like the logical conclusion. I mean, I love a more melee focus techer but nothing short of releasing hunter like weapons that techer can only equip*cough* whip*Cough* and/or giving wand melee photon arts I don't see much down that path as far as being good.

Oh and good call on resta there Unlucky, didn't notice that.