PDA

View Full Version : Item Are status effects on weapons "that" beneficial?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 22, 2013, 12:53 AM
I'm directly referring to Twin Mechs

I notice not all status affect can be inflicted on every mob...

Is there one that works on all or any that would be useful for overal twins?

Dextro
Jan 22, 2013, 02:44 AM
It's a toss up between Poison and Shock.

Poison on mechs completely decimates Quartz, Cata as well as the higher-hp FC mobs.
It's worth it even if just for that niche, it's a real game changer there.

Shock on the other hand, is the status effect which the most amount of enemies are susceptible to. So although it doesn't really help much outside of Falz, it still triggers Chase Advance for all your FI buddies, which they'll love you for.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 22, 2013, 03:10 AM
Other then that they kind of hit and miss?
I take it you can't poison other stuff beside whats in FC.
Or atleast prone to it....

Kion
Jan 22, 2013, 03:46 AM
I was playing around and put freeze 4 on my mechs. Really not optimal, but it does have a cool side effect as when you juggle mobs, they freeze in place letting you get more easy PA hits on them as opposed to flying everywhere.

Beyond that mostly, poison or fire as that would benefit from the high rate of fire. Right now everything is weak to shock; so you can't go wrong with that either.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 22, 2013, 03:57 AM
It's not an absolute must-have for shooting weapons. More of a Fighter/Chase Advance necessity.

Hrith
Jan 22, 2013, 08:46 AM
It makes a bigger difference than anything else you could have on a weapon.

The 30 ATK you get from souls or attack abilities does not make such a big difference when weapons have 500+ ATK, Shock or Poison, even only at Lv2 make a huge difference.

As mentioned, Caterdran and Caterdransa can be poisoned (but not Cater Draal), apart from that, all non-boss enemies can be poisoned, and it's more damage than 30 ATK. It procs very often, too, even with only Poison II. Surprisingly - because it is a darker - Krabahda is very prone to poison.

Shock works on all regular enemies, as well, and is one incredibly hindering SE. It also works on Wolgada and Aroganada, it's more than welcome in that fight.

Mirage is more useful for hunters and fighters with Chase Advance, because it is the easiest SE to apply and works on many sub-bosses.

Burn is not very powerful, but it is contagious and spreads like crazy, not to mention three sub-bosses can be burnt for decent damage.

Even Panic and Freeze are going to give better results than +30 ATK.

As for mechs, I'd definitely go for Shock on those, but any SE is good, really, and the best ability you can have.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
Other then that they kind of hit and miss?
I take it you can't poison other stuff beside whats in FC.
Or atleast prone to it....

The only things outright immune to all status effects are ragne and zesh. Minibosses are usually able to be hit with 2-3 (tranmizer can only be miraged), and most full bosses are able to have something special triggered by the element of their given weakness. Snow/Fang Banthers/Banshees can be burned (forcing them to roll around and put out the fire - stunning them), vader's core can be shocked (forcing the cannon to drop like when he dies, but this is just a brief stun), Vol can have its feet frozen for a short period (stun, again), and quartz can have its breakable parts poisoned (2x damage taken when poisoned, forced into an animation, pretty much stunned like everything else).

So yeah. SE's are worth it. Certain regular enemies will RESIST certain SE's, i.e. darkers are tougher to poison than garongos, and others will be easiliy hit with their weakness' SE (spardan A's are very easily shocked), but poison and shock are the best bets. Nothing resists shock in the game, that I know of, since the only things that would maybe have a lightning element is instead weak to it (machines). Poison is good because of how devastating it is to bosses it works on, and its general usefulness on all trash mobs when it's applied.

As mentioned, shock is pretty easily applied across the board and will buff a fighter's chase advance, but so will every SE. Mirage is another easily applied one, but it's less useful than shock imo since it doesn't knock anything down.

Panic is great because it forces enemies to attack the nearest thing. It's more like a berserk SE. This is great support for breaking aggro, but wears off faster than shock I believe.

Shiyo
Jan 22, 2013, 01:42 PM
Burn and poison are great,poison does more damage but burn procs on much more high HP mobs and shock is great if you get chase advance. None really worth it imo, but still fun/good.

Hrith
Jan 22, 2013, 02:58 PM
Panic is great because it forces enemies to attack the nearest thing. It's more like a berserk SE.Yeah, and it works on Wolgada, useful when you encounter one in a MPA.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 22, 2013, 04:13 PM
Poisoning a Machine *logic defied*
Then again could be a virus haha...

Now the bigger question...how the heck am I gonna get SE III on my twins :o
iirc SE's transfer are much lower so its a new experience in trying this....

Currently my twins are two slot with mizer/Shoot III
So pretty sure imma have to 3 slot it some how....

Unsure of the "Safe" way to gaurentee a better chance of mizer,shootIII,poison III
I only have ~6 mil so idk if it would be enough haha

Saffran
Jan 22, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'd advise you to create another weak pair of mechguns and get some really high poison on it.
I have Poison IV on an Alba Wired or so, and it works really well...
I went to the weapon shop until he coughed up a poison 1 weapon, they're pretty cheap (like 800 a pop) so just buy 30 of those and synthe away.
It's not like you could have better use for your thousands of synthesizers anyway, right?

Dextro
Jan 22, 2013, 11:01 PM
Poisoning a Machine *logic defied*
Then again could be a virus haha...

Now the bigger question...how the heck am I gonna get SE III on my twins :o
iirc SE's transfer are much lower so its a new experience in trying this....

Currently my twins are two slot with mizer/Shoot III
So pretty sure imma have to 3 slot it some how....

Unsure of the "Safe" way to gaurentee a better chance of mizer,shootIII,poison III
I only have ~6 mil so idk if it would be enough haha

Make a fodder with [Gwana + Poison III] & [Mizer + Anything]. This is incredibly easy to make, considering Gwana soul boosts Poison3's success rate to 80%.
Combine these two with your current twin mechs and force a new slot.
Going by memory it should give you roughly a ....37/60/60% chance of success - or 57/80/80% with a +20% booster.

The highest possible success rate of getting all 3 is 70/100/100%, by opening 3 slots beforehand and using a 20% booster too. But it's a pretty tedious process.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s12.postimage.org/vp1aakhwt/dodopic4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit:
Oops, actually the success rate for forcing a 3rd slot with a booster are 55/76/76%.
Because I found these old screenies...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s8.postimage.org/9dko03bfp/pso20121110_202446_000.png
http://s1.postimage.org/mzwwqwdan/pso20121110_204810_002.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

CelestialBlade
Jan 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
Has anyone datamined or otherwise determined the differences in proc rate between SE levels 1-5? Clearly that parameter gets multiplied by an enemy resistance mod, just wondering if any research has been done into the formulas behind say, Shock III vs Shock IV. Mainly wanting to see if it's worth upgrading to further abuse Chase Advance.

To contribute to the topic, as a Fighter I'm in the same camp that sides with SEs being a more useful affix than any stat boost other than HP or PP boosts. I swear by Shock, Burn, and Mirage mainly because of the wide range of susceptibility enemies have to those. Poison's not a bad choice either, and I haven't messed with Panic but I can see the merit in that. I mainly play FI/GU now, thinking of keeping Shock on my Double Saber and slapping Burn on my Mechs.

Omega-z
Jan 23, 2013, 07:01 PM
gigawuts - the Range can be Shocked and Mirage'd, I have a Pic (4 actually) of it Shocked. For Zesh I haven't play him enough yet to know.

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2013, 07:09 PM
I've heard rumors, but I've never seen it even once since I started playing in the POBT. Could that be from the CBT?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 23, 2013, 09:54 PM
Make a fodder with [Gwana + Poison III] & [Mizer + Anything]. This is incredibly easy to make, considering Gwana soul boosts Poison3's success rate to 80%.
Combine these two with your current twin mechs and force a new slot.
Going by memory it should give you roughly a ....37/60/60% chance of success - or 57/80/80% with a +20% booster.

Well I tried it....
And....
[spoiler-box]This was actually my second attempt at it...http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/jaye3rd89/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202/pso20130123_231702_011_zps4fda04b4.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Syklo
Jan 23, 2013, 10:56 PM
Has anyone datamined or otherwise determined the differences in proc rate between SE levels 1-5? Clearly that parameter gets multiplied by an enemy resistance mod, just wondering if any research has been done into the formulas behind say, Shock III vs Shock IV. Mainly wanting to see if it's worth upgrading to further abuse Chase Advance.

To contribute to the topic, as a Fighter I'm in the same camp that sides with SEs being a more useful affix than any stat boost other than HP or PP boosts. I swear by Shock, Burn, and Mirage mainly because of the wide range of susceptibility enemies have to those. Poison's not a bad choice either, and I haven't messed with Panic but I can see the merit in that. I mainly play FI/GU now, thinking of keeping Shock on my Double Saber and slapping Burn on my Mechs.
According to the swiki, levels upgrade the SE's potency.

Proc rate has yet to be determined :|

Omega-z
Jan 24, 2013, 04:44 PM
gigawuts - It's true that the Ragne has high resist, Since it's not easy to put one on him....except maybe Mirage I've done it like 6 times now but shock like 2 times. The first time with shock was in September right before the Team Update and I was using my old main. The pic I took has it on it but a dumb El got in the way and replaced the box at the top, both were shocked to compare tho. I was using a Sa-Zonde combo with Gi-Zonde.

Pic's :)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=33310http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=33311http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=33312
[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Jan 24, 2013, 04:48 PM
Hah, good to have that confirmed. Thanks for sharing, that's been an unconfirmed rumor for a while now.

Omega-z
Jan 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
Oh, gigawuts on top of it beaning shocked it fall's to the ground like it had a broken leg every time the flinch proc. happen's.

It's interesting that a all of the darker's can have the Shock proc. on them with a lot of them weak to it.....even Falz.lol
....Shock is the new Light, "Shock and Awe" anyone.

Dextro
Jan 25, 2013, 02:34 AM
Well I tried it....
And....
[spoiler-box]This was actually my second attempt at it...http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/jaye3rd89/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202/pso20130123_231702_011_zps4fda04b4.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Lucky :D
Glad to see it worked for you.