PDA

View Full Version : Finding english player woes.

Alex305!
Jan 22, 2013, 06:21 AM
I know ship 2 was and still is the go to ship for English players. I've been playing since beta and I went through the issues that the game had at release. One of these was how ship 2 got full. The second English ship was ship 10. I quit around when the Floating Continent was just released and the English player population was healthy back then but now on ship 10 save for 2 friends I have nobody to play with it feels barren and I get worried when all I see on my block are characters named "wqererwrerqqq".

I have the money and I'm willing to purchase AC to move my friend and I to ship 2. In your opinion guys is it worth it or should I stay and just purchase a shop so I can have some money. Before I used to play strictly as a free user to make money I used to sell garbage I find from MPAs now sega decided that this was bad and I cannot make money anymore. Just buying mates and doing simple grinding is killing me.

So should I stay or "jump ship"? [SPOILER-BOX]lol[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gama
Jan 22, 2013, 06:54 AM
If i was on your position, i would Jump to 2.

that s entirely yours and your friend's decision tho.

market i would supose works just like it works on ship 10, maybe more items, dunno how the ship 10 population is.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 22, 2013, 07:27 AM
I had a similar problem to you in that I could only find a handful of english players on Ship 10. Buying AC and transferring my character to Ship 2 was a good decision I think. I'd definitely recommend it. Before I did it I used up my FUN points and got a 3 Day My Shop ticket so I could sell all the items I couldn't take with me (about 400 Grinders and 150 Synthesizers). Was better off selling them as I wasn't making another character on Ship 10 and they'd be wasted otherwise. It netted me almost 5 million Meseta so it's a good idea.

As for the characters with screwy names, you'll see them on every ship, mostly on the less populated blocks from my experience. I just ignore them since they're most likely hackers or Bots.

Hope this helps you in making a decision. ^^

Alex305!
Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

Before I did it I used up my FUN points and got a 3 Day My Shop ticket so I could sell all the items I couldn't take with me (about 400 Grinders and 150 Synthesizers).

I'm unlucky with fun scratches I never seen a shop ticket and I have about 4 stacks of grinders and 2 of synths so ill have to buckle down a buy a shop ticket.

abitz
Jan 22, 2013, 02:41 PM
Honestly you will have the same issues on ship 2 as much as ship 10. As Someone who has a character on both it defiantly feels the same as in naturally you won't find many English players your odds are just as unlikely. Derp cause its still a JP server.

You can make new friends by actively trying to post around. Here is a good start. That's what I did. Ended up with ship 10 got about 20 players so far on my list and its just gaining cause you befriend one they have a team you meet more ect. It's slow going on a JP server so pick your poison.

CJ Johnny
Jan 22, 2013, 02:54 PM
Here is my point of view.
If you have interest for the game.
It is not much point to wait for the NA/EU.
Since you are already playing.
Move to a more Propulated Ship. (Ship 01 or 02. Just not Ship03)
When you are low level, lower then 25. Just remake.
If not, sign-up a new SEGA Japan ID

Fact! Shipxx.
Propulation Decreased 40% since x weeks ago.
80 Members Team. Now 10 Members remain.

Akaimizu
Jan 22, 2013, 03:06 PM
Funny enough, on ship 2, I often do get folks jumping in my party to help run a mission or two. And I'm like the most nobody of the known and often-posting folks around here. To a degree, there are advantages to being a big contributor while being anonymous at the same time.

Still, it's a sign that activity still runs pretty decent, even for lower levels, on the Ship 2 server. Can't say anything about 10 in comparison, but it seems active enough. Block 20 is always active (when it lets you in), but it is often full. I generally slip into 21 when that happens.

That only bad about not having a dedicated party is when you get those opportune times when you have a limited access mission to a big level 23-30 boss like Falz Arms or later, it can be a good trick to get people's attention to help you run it when you're clearly under-levelled and under-geared to do it solo.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 22, 2013, 03:07 PM
I still have 49 active english (and bilingual japanese) friends on ship 10. Its just that atm no one really talks in the open. But, if you want to just play with english players ship 2 is your best bet.

Alex305!
Jan 22, 2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. To make it easier on myself and to address everyone properly instead of quoting the whole post I will use just spoiler the quotes.

[SPOILER-BOX]

Honestly you will have the same issues on ship 2 as much as ship 10. As Someone who has a character on both it defiantly feels the same as in naturally you won't find many English players your odds are just as unlikely. Derp cause its still a JP server.

You can make new friends by actively trying to post around. Here is a good start. That's what I did. Ended up with ship 10 got about 20 players so far on my list and its just gaining cause you befriend one they have a team you meet more ect. It's slow going on a JP server so pick your poison.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm not the type to just friend and play with people unless I'm doing randoms and actively looking for and meeting up with players would mean a little more commitment. I need a certain type of chemistry to really stick with and play with someone but I would love an active community so I can jump in and out of parties with a friend or alone if I please. I don't like being alone in MPA areas or not having a party to do emergency or TA's with.

[SPOILER-BOX]
Here is my point of view.
If you have interest for the game.
It is not much point to wait for the NA/EU.
Since you are already playing.
Move to a more Propulated Ship. (Ship 01 or 02. Just not Ship03)
When you are low level, lower then 25. Just remake.
If not, sign-up a new SEGA Japan ID

Fact! Shipxx.
Propulation Decreased 40% since x weeks ago.
80 Members Team. Now 10 Members remain.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm a higher level so I'll pay the money to move but sega server's for AC is down. This is what i assumed as well.

[SPOILER-BOX]
Funny enough, on ship 2, I often do get folks jumping in my party to help run a mission or two. And I'm like the most nobody of the known and often-posting folks around here. To a degree, there are advantages to being a big contributor while being anonymous at the same time.

Still, it's a sign that activity still runs pretty decent, even for lower levels, on the Ship 2 server. Can't say anything about 10 in comparison, but it seems active enough. Block 20 is always active (when it lets you in), but it is often full. I generally slip into 21 when that happens.

That only bad about not having a dedicated party is when you get those opportune times when you have a limited access mission to a big level 23-30 boss like Falz Arms or later, it can be a good trick to get people's attention to help you run it when you're clearly under-levelled and under-geared to do it solo.[/SPOILER-BOX]

True but people actually joining parties sounds great. I play on ship 10 on the most populated blocks and I rarely get anyone joining my party.

[SPOILER-BOX]
I still have 49 active english (and bilingual japanese) friends on ship 10. Its just that atm no one really talks in the open. But, if you want to just play with english players ship 2 is your best bet.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I know it just feels so lifeless compared to a long time ago. Its a sign of a dwindling community when everybody just groups up. At this stage I feel like it would be too hard to find good running mates. I just want a more open community so I can actually meet and find people I feel like I would stick with. I hate joining a team and like knowing and getting along with one or 2 people. And its not because of dislike but because of chemistry I joke around like to be laid back but I love challenge and upgrading however If I meet any who would make this easy game a chore that would be a turn off and that's one of many things I try to avoid.

Mystil
Jan 22, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hopefully your experience is better on ship 2.