PDA

View Full Version : if you're bored-

soulpimpwizzurd
Jan 22, 2013, 09:10 PM
just stop playing. real talk. pso2 is boring/gets boring. all games will pretty much always eventually, get boring, if you're playing by yourself.

if you're bored or not having fun with games anymore, you only win once you find a new hobby that you can truly enjoy for hours on end. i say this because if you're bored and you keep looking to this game for entertainment but it's not giving it to you, it really never will.

if you look to this game for entertainment because no other games even have a chance of entertaining you, so you keep complaining about this game because it's boring but could be better, just stop playing.

if you're still having immense fun with games that's great, but if you're bored and you find yourself cycling through games playing largely by yourself (games are fine if you're playing with friends and having a good time), imo something is missing in your life and it's up to you to find a new proper activity to start moving forward instead of stagnating.

you already burn a lot of time if you drop 3+ hours on video games a day, but if you're dropping time on video games AND not even having fun like you may have used to, then it's just,

what's the point? why do you continue to keep playing even though you stopped having fun? how is this a logical usage of your time?

[SPOILER]guys like rock have it figured out. he only plays with friends i think which is always fun, and when he gets bored of games he just draws or something.

but to the others that audibly complain that the game is boring, they make me suspect they are similar to how i was, just continuing to play games even though they aren't even having fun anymore. a way to literally kill time, since they don't know anything better or more fun to do.

obviously not everybody has a problem with games but i'm sure there are more than a few here that do. if you're too prideful and you don't wanna admit to yourself you have a problem with wasting your life away with video games, wake up dude. at this point for me even learning how to shuffle playing cards in different ways is more fun and interesting than playing games (aside from IIDX)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgoAgYR4584

quit holding yourself back. quit stagnating. there's more to life than the color of video games, which always seems to be vibrant upon first sight, but never fails to quickly fade into an all encompassing, dull, gray.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Jan 22, 2013, 09:12 PM
*slow clap*

Good pep-talk....I think.

Coatl
Jan 22, 2013, 09:20 PM
PSO2 is fun always.

Soultrigger
Jan 22, 2013, 10:01 PM
It's more complicated than that and I think you're oversimplifying things too much. People have played this game for hundreds, if not thousands, of hours. Yes, those people could be blamed for playing too much, but at the same time those hours spent are an investment. If people invest those hours to improve their gear/etc, don't you think the game should reflect that investment?

So then maybe people had unreasonable expectations coming into the game and then playing hours on end. But I think if you expect people to simply walk away after realizing all their time spent was essentially lost, then you're...naive.

People complain for several reasons, not just to vent:
-question where they went wrong ("if the game is fun but not for me, what am I doing wrong?")
-inform others so as to not make the same mistake
-sway a movement that will catch SEGA's attention (although considering it's the EN community on a JP server, these attempts are sadly in vain)

I understand people don't like reading negativity. But going into a thread titled "Bored...", what else would you expect?

Coatl
Jan 22, 2013, 10:06 PM
The only thing pso2 really needs that would cure it of its boredom,
is photon chairs.

That is all.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 22, 2013, 10:07 PM
We should be able to piggy back ride on CAST

Enforcer MKV
Jan 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
I am no-ones chauffeur!

Valimer
Jan 22, 2013, 10:11 PM
I just want to like it so badly. And I mean, I do like the game, it's just like, mbleh!, you know?

terrell707
Jan 22, 2013, 10:34 PM
My complaints with this game is the same for most Phantasy Star Games so far and its: no end game content (only Infinity seemed to have this), no variety (this was for PSU though this get ironed out within the year) and difficulty (more so after AoTI).

Railkune
Jan 22, 2013, 10:42 PM
PSO2 is fun always.

I approve of this comment.

Noblewine
Jan 22, 2013, 10:45 PM
I usually just play with people or try to arrange a meet-up. I'm interested in the picto-chat and plan to play more because
of it?

Alex305!
Jan 22, 2013, 11:30 PM
Does this topic really need a new thread?

Vintasticvin
Jan 22, 2013, 11:51 PM

I am no-ones chauffeur!

:D Yeah that sounds just as fun as Photon Chairs and don't give us that crap *makes a lame impersonation of Cornelia's voice* "Oh Enny could I have a piggy back ride please?" LOL You'd let her mount you in an instant xD Best I could do is give a loli or someone just as thin as I am since Im a Caseal and all and um... Uhh not as dang not sure how to put it without offending you >_<

darkante
Jan 23, 2013, 12:20 AM
My CAST would be pretty selective on who he lets up on his back.
Considering he is a wandering lunatic (reason for that), he still have a sense of moral.
Impaling people and see people bleed to death is also fun in his opinion.

Cyclon
Jan 23, 2013, 06:09 AM
May i enquire why strangers wasting their lives is your problem exactly?
If you're bored with the negativity of this place, well I am too, but don't tell people how they should or shouldn't live. We have different sensibilities, your experience isn't the one of others. And while we all judge each other in secret, this is the sort of things you keep to yourself.
You can't help people that don't ask in the first place anyway.

Mystil
Jan 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
imo something is missing in your life and it's up to you to find a new proper activity to start moving forward instead of stagnating.
Can tell you've never hit a bad point in your life, eh people like you take your good lives for granted. Otherwise you would know this is not that simple. .

guys like rock have it figured out. he only plays with friends i think which is always fun, and when he gets bored of games he just draws or something.
First of all, oh please. Popular people naturally have it made. Some people don't have that. And doing something else can be even less fun cause the lacking in an area most important to you is still there. You use him as an example, but while he's drawing, he still has something to look forward to when he logs in and thats his social group. You can badly want someone serious about you in that way and then people join your games and there's zero chemistry. Or someone says hello you on a block and nothing happens from there, they just wanted to say hi and then run off.

quit holding yourself back. quit stagnating. there's more to life than the color of video games, which always seems to be vibrant upon first sight, but never fails to quickly fade into an all encompassing, dull, gray.

Again..it's not that simple. And being psuedo assertive(aka "kick in the ass") about it to someone is not going to magically make their lives as thriving as yours. For some people who play games that are boring, first of all boring isn't really the issue here, more like that feeling of emptiness. Anyhow, the game or games maybe all they have to keep themselves together. Furthermore it is not always the person that is causing stagnation. They could be doing what they can to force positive change in their lives, but keep falling on their ass everytime before coming to the conclusion that this "something" that is missing is not something they can obtain through strong effort, but it has to come on its own..

soulpimpwizzurd
Jan 26, 2013, 04:30 AM
May i enquire why strangers wasting their lives is your problem exactly?
If you're bored with the negativity of this place, well I am too, but don't tell people how they should or shouldn't live. We have different sensibilities, your experience isn't the one of others. And while we all judge each other in secret, this is the sort of things you keep to yourself.
You can't help people that don't ask in the first place anyway.

i agree, you can't help people that don't ask. hopefully it's at least an eye-opener, something to help them be more comfortable with asking.

"Can tell you've never hit a bad point in your life, eh people like you take your good lives for granted. Otherwise you would know this is not that simple."

my opening post says the following: "but to the others that audibly complain that the game is boring, they make me suspect they are similar to how i was, just continuing to play games even though they aren't even having fun anymore. a way to literally kill time, since they don't know anything better or more fun to do."

i'm clearly saying that just as my target audience, i too had my fair share of problems with video gaming on the computer.

i'm trying to wake those that may need it up. i also have already stated that i recognize a majority of you do not have problems with video games, but i'm sure many of you do.

the reason i made this thread is because i legitimately feel bad for those that may be in the position i describe, because i've been there, far worse than them. i used to be addicted to a game called s4 league and i've probably dumped over 2000 hours into that game. 2000 hours is a lot of time. i've spent a good amount of extra time on top of that regretting i wasted so much time on something so trivial. i always think about if i spent that time playing piano, working out, increasing social skills, drawing, singing, dancing, cooking, anything, even working an extra job, what i could have gained. there is very little to show from the ~2000 hours i spent on s4 league. that is the biggest reason i am bitter about it. i've gained so little from putting in so much time.

i've dropped computer games altogether and my life has suddenly become much more freeing. i only play games now when it's on my gamecube whenever friends decide to come over and drink. we then proceed to play mario party/mario kart/super smash bros.

--- edit---

"They could be doing what they can to force positive change in their lives, but keep falling on their ass everytime before coming to the conclusion that this "something" that is missing is not something they can obtain through strong effort, but it has to come on its own.."

i honestly pity your self-defeatist attitude. it kinda reminds me of how some people get insulted when you call them naturally smart.

because a lot of the times they are not naturally smart. they worked their ass off to be educated, and you're calling them naturally smart, claiming they simply have something in their genes or some shit. but that's not true. this is my main argument towards you saying it has to come on its own.

another example would be michael buble. he has a gorgeous voice and is immensely successful, do you think it's because he just had that "something"? no. that's bullshit. if you read up on him, you'll see that he went to many small and trivial gigs like singing in malls, until he finally got noticed. he did not have that "something." he worked hard, and got noticed. he wanted to become a singer and went out of his way to sing in public places.

how many times have you heard of people saying they wanna be something but they never actually are serious about it? like "manga artists" that never study human anatomy, or "aspiring singers" that haven't even gone to a single open mic?

many things in life do not come to you on their own, you have to get it yourself. it also makes me earnestly sad you want to keep pushing yourself back down, deluding yourself saying you are missing that "something," and on top of that, deny the voices or hands of others reaching to you to try and pull you back up. to be honest, this is the one kind of thing i cannot relate to very easily. i've never had a self-defeating type of personality. i'll admit that much. but it doesn't mean i haven't had my fair share of failure. i firmly believe that although life may not be "fair," we all experience a roughly equal amount of stress and negative emotion somehow in someway. a rough example would be although i don't have a self-defeating type of personality, i do have an incredibly terrible medical condition that prevents me from doing a fair amount of activities, and made me feel like i'd be on a leash. but i've learned how to deal with it suitably.

you have a self-defeatist attitude, but perhaps you are also blessed with better health than i? and with that better health, you could be potentially more outgoing than me, if you learned how to deal with your self-defeatist attitude suitably.

don't know how to address your popular thing, other than suggest you read books on socializing. which to some might seem demeaning / degrading, but they're pretty damn good. once you read enough you start recognizing recurring subjects and before you know it, you're suddenly much more sociable and popular (if you want to be that is). all the ~2000 hours i spent on s4 league were mostly when i was in school, so i missed out on a lot of social development. i got pissed off not being in control of social situations, so i read a bunch on socializing, actually went out and practiced, and i did get a lot better.

i'm disappointed you took my post so negatively, but i do not blame you for doing so. your response lets me understand somewhat as to why you have trouble receiving my post in good light.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 26, 2013, 04:40 AM

I wanna piggy back ride on newmans

serious note: FKL this thing before the fighting really starts.

Syklo
Jan 26, 2013, 04:41 AM
the reason i made this thread is because i legitimately feel bad for those that may be in the position i describe, because i've been there, far worse than them. i used to be addicted to a game called s4 league and i've probably dumped over 2000 hours into that game. 2000 hours is a lot of time. i've spent a good amount of extra time on top of that regretting i wasted so much time on something so trivial. i always think about if i spent that time playing piano, working out, increasing social skills, drawing, singing, dancing, cooking, anything, even working an extra job, what i could have gained.

Oh man, S4 League was sooooo fun when I played it.

Quit after iron eyes....because of the training weapons it gives you instead of the traditional.

There is one thing I think you didn't consider: Just because you spend a ton of time in a game, doesn't mean you can take out knowledge from that spent time; the time you spend isn't just locked into that game.

I too was in a similar situation, until my school starting encouraging us to consider future careers and then I thought, why did I want to be a game designer? Then I thought, why did I play games?

That last one was probably the biggest question. I first thought "for fun, obviously" but what was fun? Story? Gameplay? Analysing animation+art? Pretending to immerse into the fantasy?

It's probably what made me get a start in drawing every now and then.
Why am I posting here? I should be spending this time completing my tacos.
irony.

Tl;dr - Gaming shouldn't be a chore.

_Nue
Jan 26, 2013, 04:52 AM
Welp, back to IIDX

Meji
Jan 26, 2013, 05:30 AM
inb4 Someone makes a Doodoo MAD with the "When I'm Bored (http://youtu.be/wx6_MWVHZ4g)" theme.

Sleepycake
Jan 26, 2013, 05:01 PM
just stop playing. real talk. pso2 is boring/gets boring. all games will pretty much always eventually, get boring, if you're playing by yourself.

That is why you get/make friends to play with; or don't play at all if it's not fun to ´solo´. :cat:
Not 103% sure though, whom (specificly?) is this thread directed to. *w*

On a sidenote to the discussion, not everyone aims to be a Very Social Alfamale/-female, nor famous.

I know many people (more or less friends of my) who simply enjoy silence, have their (more or less) small circle of friends, and play games to kill time while having fun doing so; and I'm quite sure most of them wouldn't change that routine, if given an alternative choice.

But that's a good thing to hear if you (Original Poster) found out such way working better for yourself. ^u^ Best luck in life for you!

MissMalice
Jan 26, 2013, 05:39 PM
inb4 Someone makes a Doodoo MAD with the "When I'm Bored (http://youtu.be/wx6_MWVHZ4g)" theme.

Doing this. I'm going to do this.

Retehi
Jan 26, 2013, 05:44 PM
I can't tell if the aim of this thread is to be condescending, or the OP is legit drunk.

He has an amusing sig though.

Gama
Jan 26, 2013, 06:12 PM
The only thing pso2 really needs that would cure it of its boredom,
is photon chairs.

That is all.

this.

Syklo
Jan 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
Someone enlighten me on this "photon chair"?

Gama
Jan 26, 2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDkGWCyfX50

photon chair

Syklo
Jan 26, 2013, 07:27 PM
PSO-spindash,shadow and darklinkk chair race - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDkGWCyfX50)

photon chair
wow.....that's.....kinda lame.

What's so special about it?
Other than that it looks like some puyo-puyo?

Kous
Jan 26, 2013, 07:38 PM
I got bored, I guess because I really didnt feel like there was a sense of community since there was words i didnt understand in my face 24/7, So i just stopped, Will love to play on the NA server because i will have all my friends playing that version, and many more new friends. About now the only english ppl player PSO2 are on these forums, or Sega forums..... No new ppl.

Gama
Jan 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
wow.....that's.....kinda lame.

What's so special about it?
Other than that it looks like some puyo-puyo?

its fun to do, not to watch. used to do photon chair races with over 20 people.

allot more fun.

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2013, 08:31 PM
its fun to do, not to watch. used to do photon chair races with over 20 people.

allot more fun.

Back in my day we didn't even have baseball... We just threw rocks at each other...

sandylecuistot
Jan 26, 2013, 08:45 PM
Photon chairs were amusing like... 2 minutes.
If you have to create your own game, in a game, there's a problem somwhere I guess...
Except if it's part of it (like a **** creator/editor)

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2013, 10:57 PM
I found racing in photon chairs amusing. Atleast you can sit in a chair to compensate not being able to sit on the floor.

sandylecuistot
Jan 27, 2013, 07:05 AM
And why would you sit at all ?
It's not like your character can be tired...

Syklo
Jan 27, 2013, 07:09 AM
And why would you sit at all ?
It's not like your character can be tired...
To pretend you are.....

and show off your legs.

sandylecuistot
Jan 27, 2013, 07:17 AM
Oh oh I see :p .

Cyclon
Jan 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
It seems that I misunderstood your reasons. I apologize for my rudeness. I still believe you are wrong, though, but it doesn't really matter.

Also of course you can help people that don't ask. It's just harder. Stupid me.

PS: I have deleted about 90% of this post and it sounds way too positive right now, but whatever.