PDA

View Full Version : Gunner/Force

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 12:13 AM
They would seem to be the hardcore long range kings but do they even sync well with each other?
I was thinking of making an all gimmick build since they are already unlocked.
It goes as so:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rdIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbkfb0000 00Ib00000ib00000ib2QI2cFsncD000kbI42K3SjbnbA0009b0 0000f

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 23, 2013, 12:17 AM
Idk much about Force but I'd take it wouldn't work all "too" well unless you evenly balance out ur gun usage and technic usage...

Although....guess that could be handy for alot of mobs and just foie everything.
Then again...Launcher /RA did just as well.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 23, 2013, 12:17 AM
Short answer: no

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2013, 12:19 AM
It's always been a trend for guns and techs to not really mix well (hence why all the hybrid teching weapons I've ever known of are swords), but with razan and zondeel plus aerial advance and gunner's juggling there's some crazy potential there for sure.

Gu/te might be better though, better PP skills and self-buffs. Yes, really, gu/te is viable on paper. Yes, I remember everybody said it had the least synergy.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 12:24 AM
If Te was worth it's salt I'd heavily lean to it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 23, 2013, 12:27 AM
Zondeel having limited vertical range and the loss of damage from not having a rod/talis/wand equipped while you're flipping through the air kinda takes the wind out of those sails

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 12:30 AM
Indeed. If only chain trigger would have the same effect chaning had in psp2 then we'd have something.

Jakosifer
Jan 23, 2013, 12:32 AM
The Zondeel is more for Bullet Squall/Satellite Aim synch as a Gunner. With Zondeel, Bullet Squall very easily hits every enemy pulled in along with their heads more often than not. I'm going for GunTecher though because the Tech damage will be mediocre even if you spec FO as sub right and get an Umbra cane.

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2013, 12:37 AM
If Te was worth it's salt I'd heavily lean to it.

Techer is a generally better sub choice, since it also buffs your main's abilities. Techer is a mediocre main, because wands aren't up to par with rods. Stat-wise and skill-wise, techer brings more to the table to help another class than force does.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 12:55 AM
Status effect splash build: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rdIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbkfb0000 00Ib00000ib00000ib2QI2cFsncD000kbI42K3SjbnbA0008kb IdIkidI2J2Ik0008

Magus_84
Jan 23, 2013, 06:46 AM
I did Force/Gunner for a while. Attack PP Restore is okay, but Gunslashes/Rod melee are pretty decent at restoring PP on their own.

It was basically Force with occasional Elder Rebellion spam. No real synergy, but entertaining.

Though I'm a mechgun fanboy.

UnLucky
Jan 23, 2013, 01:47 PM
Techer is a generally better sub choice, since it also buffs your main's abilities. Techer is a mediocre main, because wands aren't up to par with rods. Stat-wise and skill-wise, techer brings more to the table to help another class than force does.

Force gets slightly better R-Atk, but I wouldn't base anything on that alone. From there, it's either cheaper Zondeel vs wider, or faster Shifta vs a marginally stronger one. With either one, your main source of PP is going to be from regular attacks, with or without Attack PP Restorate. Techer's regen only comes into play whenever you are not using a PA or tech. So it's Force's +5PP/s while casting vs Techer's +2PP/s while idle or using normal attacks (and another +7 to 21PP/s 25% of the time).

If you only want buffs and heals, sub Techer. If you're going to cast any other tech, go Force. It's not even about the damage.