PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the PSO World!

Windirskyfire
Jan 23, 2013, 01:12 AM
Ok so i have been out of the PSO loop for quite a few years now. I played EP1&2 only single player for quite a long time. Had 3 memory cards of characters and lvles ranging from 80-176 and almost every mag able to make. i know this isnt much compared to those who played online but needless to say i invested a lot of time and heart to the game as you all have. I am nervous about this one. Is it so far what most would hope for? Combat system, story, piping for sometimes 10 hours straight for multiple items, epic bosses. And how is the mag system? Really hope they have some use in it as well! Really curious to know what you all think! :D:D:D

Alex305!
Jan 23, 2013, 01:16 AM
The combat compared to ep1&2 is AMAZING. This is a great action MMO.

Everything else is hit or miss in my opinion. Mags look like they can be as fun as pso but it costs real money and for me there is nothing fun about spending more money.

Windirskyfire
Jan 23, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hrmm..Can we bypass the money and earn the mag stuff by ourselves? That would be ok with me. Others can pay, thats on them. From the videos the combat looks great. glad it seems to be!

Anduril
Jan 23, 2013, 01:24 AM
Your first mag, which you get from a mission at level 5, is free. Mags are no longer treated as items and are character bound, so any extra mags you may want will cost real money since they can't be traded/bought/sold.

Windirskyfire
Jan 23, 2013, 01:29 AM
Damn. Are a lot of other things in the game that might be needed sold like this? If its just a mag i might have to buy then thats ok. Does the first mag you get become somewhat unique to you?

blace
Jan 23, 2013, 01:33 AM
Depends on how you feed it. There's also one free skill tree for each class. Screw it up and you'll need to purchase another.

Valimer
Jan 23, 2013, 01:37 AM
You can't trade items between players unless you're premium, you need to be premium OR use a 3 day shop ticket from FUN scratchers to set up your own shop, 10* rares can not be traded no matter what, there are player rooms which you can't use unless you're premium, max level will be 55 with the new update and max MAG lvl right now is 150. It costs cash to reset or make a new tech tree for your character. Instead of %'s on weapons we now have elemental damage (basically the same idea) and you can add abilities to your weapons (like burn or freeze). every item has a max grind of 10. In PSO2 you get a lot of grinders (only monogrinders) and they use an RNG system to determine weather the grind is successful or not. There are 3 armor units: arms, back and legs. The can be upgraded the same ways as weapons.

Among other things.