PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or

EvilMag
Jan 23, 2013, 11:33 AM
Did they nerf the success rates at Dudu? I went to go grind my Lambda Raizenolk with the 99 grinders I got and had 100 more and wow... I kept failing. I tried switching blocks and I keep fucking failing. Went though all my grinders and now its at +2. It was +8 before. They seriously nerf the success rates. I NEVER failed this hard on him. >_>

Z-0
Jan 23, 2013, 11:38 AM
17/18 grind protectors to reach +10 from +8 on my Elder Rifle here! Even worse than my 13 protectors on my Noise Blower, lol

jooozek
Jan 23, 2013, 11:38 AM
As shit as ever.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 AM
Dudu has been out in force ruining pretty much everything....

A team-mate of mine spent about 300 grinders and several protect/chance increaser's on a pair of 9* mechs just to go from +8 to +8.

I'd spent about 2 mill getting from +9 to +10 on a 9* dagger. The string of fails i had when trying to affix it was horrific... so, so many 70-80% fails it felt like it was an 80% chance to fail, not suceed....

eharima
Jan 23, 2013, 11:46 AM
They tried to make it better but put the decimal point in the wrong place.
(ノ´∀`*)☆彡SEGA

Cyclon
Jan 23, 2013, 11:48 AM
He's tired having to look at pink all day long and takes out the frustration on us.

In the end, Doodoo is just a lonely man.

These make the greatest villains btw

Crysteon
Jan 23, 2013, 11:48 AM
I can imagine the day Sega notices there is a real glitch on grinding that reduces rates so bad, but never reveal it to the public just because they want the money sink to become ridiculously bigger.

Income Taxs
Jan 23, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hell I know I got lucky here, but I +10'd my Elder Rod with 60 grinders (probably only time I'll get good results like that, being that Dudu is an ass). +10'd my Nishiki with about 180 (compared to my friend's 1000, sweet jebus). But seriously, with all the horror stories they seriously need to fix it. And are they ever going to reduce the number of grinders required to grind the rare stuff?

On a brighter note, at least we don't lose grind potential like PSU :) that sad, heartbreaking, soul-crushing moment when you went from 9/10 to 0/9 was horrible -_-

Skyly HUmar
Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
I got a worse one for ya lol. I sunk about 3000 grinders into my gigas spinner. So far, its never even seen +9.

Income Taxs
Jan 23, 2013, 12:12 PM
I got a worse one for ya lol. I sunk about 3000 grinders into my gigas spinner. So far, its never even seen +9.

I offer my condolences :(

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2013, 12:15 PM
HAY GUYS GRINDING IS FINE IN THIS GAME AT LEAST YOUR WEAPON DOESN'T BREAK!!!!

jooozek
Jan 23, 2013, 12:18 PM
HAY GUYS GRINDING IS FINE IN THIS GAME AT LEAST YOUR WEAPON DOESN'T BREAK!!!!

xDDDDDDDD 10/10 would read again xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2013, 12:21 PM
That's funny. I'm not one to forget how I had a 79% chance of making Okanoh (PSU) and I actually failed over 20 creations of it in a row. The first five makes of one gave me no trouble, but to get that final element it made me lose so many materials.

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
That joke in general, like why even compare to PSU's grind/RNG system(which at least with that shit was tradeable) when the 3-4 games after that had had far superior ones way better than this PSO2 one.

There's kind of no excuse for that...

And like... no reason to defend it in any shape or form...

Or try and unjustify people's complaints against it. >_>

At all.

Jakosifer
Jan 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
No, youre just finally getting the average players Dudu experience. Hell, it took me 300 grinders to get my L.Artisin to +10, and that's just an 8* lol. Luckluckuluck

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
Do you normally grind a 9* in only 200 grinders?

MetalDude
Jan 23, 2013, 12:54 PM
Seeing an 8* drop from 8 to 2 twice is a real bucket of shit in its own right.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2013, 01:18 PM
21 grinders and first time applying the soul... (10* btw)
What comes around goes around i guess :3
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/141/hammerkp.jpg

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2013, 04:46 PM
That joke in general, like why even compare to PSU's grind/RNG system(which at least with that shit was tradeable) when the 3-4 games after that had had far superior ones way better than this PSO2 one.

At all.

Who says anybody is defending anything? The only reference is being made because the situation reminds me of that stuff. Of course I wouldn't mention the Portable games after it, because there is no memories of like horrible RNG to them. Maybe, just maybe. This is not because SEGA learned to improve or make it better, but because they still operate this way when dealing with online-only systems as opposed to offline games with capabilities of playing that same character online and faster rewards?

So there is no attempt to justify anything, but it could be a sign that Sonic Team never saw anything wrong with the level of online-service RNG and technically didn't change it as much as people would like to for the next online-only game.

Shadowth117
Jan 23, 2013, 04:58 PM

At all.

It is stupid as hell, though lets not forget psu had account binding as well with a good portion of its high tier weapons.

Psu and pso2 have terrible systems, but I personally am just glad even if my weapon doesn't make it to 10 I'm not forced to use AC to unbreak it, possibly multiple times like PSU sometimes wanted me to do (even in 360 where fixing weapons was impossible).

SPOnion
Jan 23, 2013, 05:02 PM
5M and 500 grinders, my 10* fan was still +5.
And now I think they will be releasing 600 ATK weapons....

UnLucky
Jan 23, 2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah I got my Elder Rod to +8 in like 20 tries and was like nope, I'm done, don't even touch it, it's fine, just stop now. walk. away.

Now if I could then take that and toss 100 grinders at Dudu's father for 10x the meseta cost per attempt, I would do it in a heartbeat. Doesn't even have to be guaranteed (to keep selling insurance), just somehow better.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 05:09 PM
Dudu is Kiri's dad.
http://wiki.dfo-world.com/images/8/82/Kiri.png
If you play dfo you know Dudu has NOTHING on Kiri

Para
Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
I feel the success rates are lower than advertised when attempting to affix souls/abilities onto weapons/units.

MetalDude
Jan 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
When people are often failing at 80% on Stat Up III, I know there has to be some level of bullshit behind it.

Gravagar
Jan 23, 2013, 07:11 PM
Allow me to supplement this thread with Science Facts. I grinded two ブラオレットs to +10 today in an attempt to make some profit by unlocking their Latent. I keep track of the costs of all my grind-related expenses in a spreadsheet:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VcSejQK.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's 187 grinds, not 187 grinders. More like 374 grinders. I have data on ten other grind attempts, 9* units, and not one of them took more than 23 grinds. I also have a Lambda Hexagraph in my data that took 106 grinds and 4,069,950 of grind boosters to get to +10 pre-update.

Oh also I'll only really be able to sell those weapons for 2 mil at most. :|

Heat Haze
Jan 23, 2013, 07:40 PM
When people are often failing at 80% on Stat Up III, I know there has to be some level of bullshit behind it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

I am never doing this again.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5806/pso20130123162041000.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not me, but looking at that screenshot was pretty painful. All of my feels.

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2013, 08:09 PM
Who says anybody is defending anything? The only reference is being made because the situation reminds me of that stuff. Of course I wouldn't mention the Portable games after it, because there is no memories of like horrible RNG to them. Maybe, just maybe. This is not because SEGA learned to improve or make it better, but because they still operate this way when dealing with online-only systems as opposed to offline games with capabilities of playing that same character online and faster rewards?

So there is no attempt to justify anything, but it could be a sign that Sonic Team never saw anything wrong with the level of online-service RNG and technically didn't change it as much as people would like to for the next online-only game.

I only read like half a sentence of this because you thought it was fully directed at you.

gravityvx
Jan 23, 2013, 08:19 PM
Dudu is Kiri's dad.
http://wiki.dfo-world.com/images/8/82/Kiri.png
If you play dfo you know Dudu has NOTHING on Kiri

I've played dfo for years and have muuuuuch higher success on her than with dudu, she doesn't get bad until you get crazy trying to go past 10, which is already more than effective to do anything on that game, pushing past that is to put you at near god mode damage if you have an appropriate level weapon and gear of equal status. Her downside is your weapon breaks after +10 but hey, you knew the risk lol which can also be said about dudus crazy rng with affixes and grinding.

.Jack
Jan 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
I grinded a few things today including a 9* partizan maxed out lvl3 ability +10, it seems to be the same as before. If you want to make grinding less hectic, have at least 10 (-1) grind protectors ready before visiting dudu for each +10. (excluding 10*)

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2013, 08:43 PM
80 grinders to get a 10 star past +3. Nope, same as ever here.

Darki
Jan 23, 2013, 09:12 PM
My Lambda Alystein has eaten like 400+ grinders and never went past 9 (which got only once). Do not like. It's just an 8*, for fucks sake.

FacelessRed
Jan 23, 2013, 09:17 PM
No, My 10* sword is only +8 after 550 Grinders -_- Dudu, I mean Doo Doo. is just as much of a shit as always.

Heat Haze
Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 PM
I dunno if they nerfed rates or whatever, but this was just tragically hilarious. I don't even know what to say.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/xqb7h3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Sega needs to do RNG right, like Fire Emblem or something.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 PM
I've played dfo for years and have muuuuuch higher success on her than with dudu, she doesn't get bad until you get crazy trying to go past 10, which is already more than effective to do anything on that game, pushing past that is to put you at near god mode damage if you have an appropriate level weapon and gear of equal status. Her downside is your weapon breaks after +10 but hey, you knew the risk lol which can also be said about dudus crazy rng with affixes and grinding.

I have 12+ :E I <3 Kiri

gigawuts
Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 AM
I dunno if they nerfed rates or whatever, but this was just tragically hilarious. I don't even know what to say.

Oh, oh wow. This is priceless.

It's actually better that this happened, because now we have a pic that sums up the whole affixing thing.

gravityvx
Jan 24, 2013, 01:04 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/31612290.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Railkune
Jan 24, 2013, 01:07 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/31612290.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

HAH. Oh woooow. Yeah, I'd say that sums it up quite nicely.

Income Taxs
Jan 24, 2013, 02:05 AM

It's funny, but omg so horrible... if that happened to me I'm pretty sure I'd proceed to throw my computer in a bathtub and fry everything.

^of course not, but still, how the hell can things be THAT bad???????

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2013, 02:49 AM
I've landed way too many multiple 30%s on 1-4* gear than should be healthy. And then like every single attempt from my extended warehouse of affixes fails at 60-80% when it matters.

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 24, 2013, 04:21 AM

Someone needs to sack Dudu now (and the pilots that constantly crash their planes at the most inconvenient times).

On another note congrats on the Elysion find ^^

Dnd
Jan 24, 2013, 05:29 AM

I giggled a little at this, In my experience fire emblem rng is just as bad as dudu (scared stones, shadow dragon, radiant dawn and path of radiance) - so, so many times my units have been crit with a 1% chance, and so many times i've missed with a 99% chance (Far more then 1/100 :p) and so on.

I guess dudu hates Elysions.... and everyone else for that matter

Meji
Jan 24, 2013, 05:45 AM
I guess dudu hates Elysions.... and everyone else for that matterI guess it's more like

-"Oh, you were lucky and found an Elysion? We'll see about that..."

SallySalSal
Jan 24, 2013, 05:50 AM
Dudu: "Nice _____ you got there!.... be a shame... if you can't grind/affix it....

Shiyo
Jan 24, 2013, 07:39 AM

Yeah I don't understand this at all, stuff like this happens CONSTANTLY. It takes me forever to turn a 1 affix item into 2 affixes when it's 70-75% chance to add the affix. I've failed 8+ times in a row @ 75%..that isn't fucking 75%, stop lying sega.