PDA

View Full Version : Vita PSO2 Vita

Income Taxs
Jan 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
So what does everyone think of the Vita version so far? Would you recommend people to get it? Any ups/downs of it vs the PC version? I know they're working out bugs (being that the CBT stage has hit), but I was just curious as to what people have thought of it and if it's worth getting eventually.

Also, not sure if I remember this correctly, but is there cross platform character support? (i.e. using pc char on vita)

Ryo
Jan 24, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hi,

The Vita version is OK, it's definitely passable for a portable. The graphics are worse than the PC, even on the lowest settings, but oddly enough it's mostly just because of muddy textures.

The lighting isn't as bad as low PC settings. The framerate is a MAJOR issue though. It plays really poorly when you're not solo. Even at certain times when you are solo, the framerate dips to unacceptable levels.

If SEGA can manage to fix that, they're golden. And yes, there will be cross platform support, you'll play your same account on the Vita version, and even play with your PC friends in certain blocks.

Income Taxs
Jan 24, 2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the response! That's definitely an issue to be dealt with, a jump from max to min settings isn't entirely pleasing. I've been thinking about getting a Vita for a while now, hopefully the final product doesn't disappoint. And good, cross platform is huge for me :)

fatelinka
Jan 24, 2013, 11:53 PM
Compaired to the PC, Vita actually gets some downgrades. If you go diggin you can find em but the only ones I really remember are that the maps are smaller and Emergency Codes are not as frequent. But im still glad to have a Vita port since I will probably never get a good enough computer to play on the PC. It ran great for me, no slow downs really.

Kion
Jan 25, 2013, 12:42 AM
I'm more looking forward to the android version. There's really no time where I have time to play the game when I'm not in front of my pc anyways. It would be really nice to be able to chat with team mates or manage my shop from my phone.

Fearlezz
Jan 25, 2013, 03:58 PM
Don't you need the jp vita to play pso2

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

ashley50
Jan 25, 2013, 04:13 PM
It's region free ^

Shadowth117
Jan 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
Compaired to the PC, Vita actually gets some downgrades. If you go diggin you can find em but the only ones I really remember are that the maps are smaller and Emergency Codes are not as frequent. But im still glad to have a Vita port since I will probably never get a good enough computer to play on the PC. It ran great for me, no slow downs really.

Whoops, gotta correct you there... The Vita version was supposedly adjusted to be played in shorter doses. Therefore, we were told that Emergency Codes, Enemies, PSE bursts would be longer/more plentiful and maps would be more compact.

As far as how it actually played... Emergency Codes seemed to occur only about as often as usual on the PC version and the maps on average seemed to be about the same size as those of the PC version of the game generally. Enemy spawn rates were similar as well.

What I did notice was different was PSE Bursts started at 90 seconds rather than 60 and that they happened more often for sure. Some EQ's appeared to be adjusted to the Vita version as well. For example, the Ragne and Clean Up city quests had had block 1 REMOVED which made MPAing easier by far. Unfortunately it was primarily during big MPA's that the game tended to drop frames. It was tolerable enough in my opinion, but its not something that should have been happening.

Graphics are decent on most things for the size they are on screen. (although if you zoomed in on some things you could see a polygon reduction. This wasn't noticeable during normal gameplay) The main thing that looked low quality to me was the characters themselves, which isn't surprising given that they are the highest quality models. While the more noticeable bloom effect somewhat helps to hide it, the lack of advanced shaders on the characters is somewhat of a downer, especially looking at their faces like when the navigators show up in the corner of the screen.

Controls aren't fully configurable by any means like on the PC version which is very unfortunate, but not gameplay killing. I don't understand quite what stops this, but apparently they didn't want to do it.

tldr... Vita Version - 8/10. Ran like I'd expected overall aside from a few issues. Given the system's limitations I'm not particularly surprised at how it did, but given those limitations I think they did well.

Crysteon
Jan 25, 2013, 08:03 PM
Don't you need the jp vita to play pso2

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

You just need a JP PSN account linked to your Vita (which can be annoying if your native account is from US, Latin America or EU, because you are required to reset your selttings thanks to Sony's scumbag terms of use).

IMO, the Vita version is pretty much designed for single party playing. If you jump from the high (allegadly) standards of PC to Vita, you may face some changes that might want you to come back to your PC...but actually, this version isnt as bad as many would have thought it would be.

They still have a month to do final adjustments. I have this feeling they are gonna lower the quality of some game elements in order to fix critical issues as choppy sfx or framerate dropping.

And more thing...never, but NEVER, fight Vader on Vita!! : ohgodwhy:

Syklo
Jan 25, 2013, 08:54 PM
Whoops, gotta correct you there... The Vita version was supposedly adjusted to be played in shorter doses. Therefore, we were told that Emergency Codes, Enemies, PSE bursts would be longer/more plentiful and maps would be more compact.

As far as how it actually played... Emergency Codes seemed to occur only about as often as usual on the PC version and the maps on average seemed to be about the same size as those of the PC version of the game generally. Enemy spawn rates were similar as well.

What I did notice was different was PSE Bursts started at 90 seconds rather than 60 and that they happened more often for sure. Some EQ's appeared to be adjusted to the Vita version as well. For example, the Ragne and Clean Up city quests had had block 1 REMOVED which made MPAing easier by far. Unfortunately it was primarily during big MPA's that the game tended to drop frames. It was tolerable enough in my opinion, but its not something that should have been happening.

Graphics are decent on most things for the size they are on screen. (although if you zoomed in on some things you could see a polygon reduction. This wasn't noticeable during normal gameplay) The main thing that looked low quality to me was the characters themselves, which isn't surprising given that they are the highest quality models. While the more noticeable bloom effect somewhat helps to hide it, the lack of advanced shaders on the characters is somewhat of a downer, especially looking at their faces like when the navigators show up in the corner of the screen.

Controls aren't fully configurable by any means like on the PC version which is very unfortunate, but not gameplay killing. I don't understand quite what stops this, but apparently they didn't want to do it.

tldr... Vita Version - 8/10. Ran like I'd expected overall aside from a few issues. Given the system's limitations I'm not particularly surprised at how it did, but given those limitations I think they did well.
In other words,
PC Burst parties are just going to go to the vita blocks?

Income Taxs
Jan 26, 2013, 01:28 AM
So overall it sounds like it's meeting most expectations for a portable? I'm open to either avenue (vita, or android being i have a note 2, should handle it), just hopin to get a feel of how the vita version has come along as it's my most viable choice.

Any other major differences noticed from regular PC gameplay?

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 01:29 AM
Emergency codes happen at a less frequent rate than its PC counterpart and the step/dodge for Hunters feels like it's been tuned down, making it difficult to get around quickly or dodging in time.

sneth
Jan 28, 2013, 03:45 PM
So Vita players can play on the same servers as the PC.

but

Can you take your PC character on the go with the Vita? If they can share servers, it would be a nice portable option.

I'm not sure how PSO2 handles server side saves.

Ezodagrom
Jan 28, 2013, 03:51 PM
So Vita players can play on the same servers as the PC.

but

Can you take your PC character on the go with the Vita? If they can share servers, it would be a nice portable option.

I'm not sure how PSO2 handles server side saves.
Yes, PC players can use their characters in the Vita version and vice versa.
Note that Vita players can only play in specific blocks, they can't play in PC exclusive blocks.

blace
Jan 28, 2013, 03:51 PM
It's separated into blocks, PC only blocks and Vita/PC blocks. PC players can join Vita players on those blocks, but not the other way around. As long as you're using your Sega ID, you can play your characters on the Vita.

It's online only as well, so don't expect any kind of offline content.

Jim
Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 PM
It this game/will it ever be English-patchable?

blace
Jan 28, 2013, 10:58 PM
Most likely not. With the way the Vita works and it would require jail breaking the system and bypassing whatever security that's in place for the Vita cartridge or the games data for digital downloads.

Jim
Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 PM
Most likely not. With the way the Vita works and it would require jail breaking the system and bypassing whatever security that's in place for the Vita cartridge or the games data for digital downloads.

Ah. I've never owned a PSP or Vita, but I figured it would be something like that. It would still be nice for grinding at work. :wacko:

blace
Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 PM
Unlike the PSP, we can't access any of the data on the Vita or the memory card directly. Currently, it's like how the PS3 was, minor exploits and workarounds to get things going, but nothing concrete for a full blown break through.

Mio
Jan 29, 2013, 01:56 AM
I really hope there will be also an english version of pso2 vita!
As I travel a lot, being able to play on Vita my favorite game would be amazing!
I guess I will try the Jp version when it releases.