PDA

View Full Version : So I was thinking weapon & armor...

gravityvx
Jan 24, 2013, 11:18 PM
Have been pretty bored with this game so I've been playing guild wars 2 lately, today I had a thought, what if each tier weapon & armor all had the same base damage and stats, but rare weapons & armor both come with bonus damage/stats along with a special ability(ex: dark flow, lavis cannon, heavens punisher). Armors specials would be something along the lines of frontal barriers, auto counter block, aoe explosions that push back enemies circling you, DoTs tick when enemy gets too close to you, passive health regen, stuff like that. It would be similar to guild wars 2, but the difference would be in order to make them more powerful than their general base stats you would be be grinding and affixing keeping them completely unqiue to your playstyle. Also, by tier I mean what difficulty they came from, even the 10*+ weapons & armor would have same base damage/defense but extra base stats(which are hidden), a far more insane special ability, and have a higher grind ceiling keeping them highly unqiue and sought after.

With that in mind, lower tier weapons & armor would also have a higher grind ceiling to be slightly on par with gear from harder modes, but only slightly. It would take more grinders(the number of grinds), it wouldnt be near as strong as a 10*+ but it would be managable enough to effectively take things down without issues in harder modes, and you'd enjoy your favorite weapon & it's special without feeling weak. Then there's the issue of enemy scaling, I would say as they are is fine but in order to get through ultimate effectively you would definitely want 10* or above gear for their extra base damage & stats, making it far easier on you than going in with a 9* gear that only has high damage.

Then there's the affixes, the base stats and damage of the rares are permanent meaning adding affixes would only make your gear even more powerful than it already is. With that in mind, I would want them to make ultimate pretty tough, not unforgiving tough but to a point where it's fun & challenging and your gear really has an impact on success. And even if you were to not really want to grind & affix your gear for that mode you would still be able to manage it but have a far rougher time doing it. But this is only for ultimate, the other modes I think are fine being easy as they are now.

Of course with this in, major adjusting to grind & affixing needs to be in place, making them far easier to do so that people that really like to min/max can do their thing and still be pretty damn powerful despite the all the weapons of whatever tier they have start out the same. Sounds crazy but I dunno, I kinda like the idea. Some could say just add reskining, that works too but then the special abilities each weapon has look silly on most and I rather have them unique for each. Ya, I've been this bored.

UnLucky
Jan 25, 2013, 03:20 PM
spend photon spheres to unlock your fully grinded armor's latent +5/10/15 S-Def ability and return it to an ungrinded state

some might even reduce your damage by 3% while guarding!