PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Single target and AoE Technic?

Typhoeus
Jan 25, 2013, 12:02 PM
I've tried out many of technics but I am having a difficult time finding some solid ones for general purpose use that are also very strong. Any suggestions?

UnLucky
Jan 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
Zan. Lots of hits and fairly powerful even without elemental masteries. It fans out wide and boomerangs back so it's kind of situational.

Safoie. Multiple hits and pretty strong in a wide arc at close range. With Flame S Charge, I doubt you'd find a better way to deal lots of damage really fast.

Rafoie. EZ mode in tech form. Instantly explodes at your target, no matter how far away it is. Hits small groups, but isn't amazingly powerful. Again, Flame S Charge makes this too good.

Foie. Can damage enemies just by grazing them. It stops if its core hits something, which is smaller than the visible fireball. If aimed properly, you can get a lot out of each cast. And obviously you can cast a lot of them too.

Gifoe. Really wide AoE that stays out really long. Standing inside the circle is really safe (from normal enemies). Can be cast really fast.

Grants. Lots of hits, pretty powerful, no travel time. Long cast time, though.

Gigrants. Lots of hits, pretty powerful, tight AoE. Long cast time and doesn't last very long.

Gimegid. Three hits, VERY powerful, but can easily miss because it auto targets and then attacks too slow.

Samegid. Three homing shots, weaker than gimegid, but a lot more usable. The homing is kinda dumb, though.

Zonde. Autotarget, tiny AoE (don't count on it) and gets a good damage jump at lv11+. Cheap PP cost with Bolt PP Save.

Sazonde. Fairly powerful single target DoT that has to be triggered by lightning damage. Can trigger further Sazondes with its ticks. Cheap with PP Save.

Shiyo
Jan 25, 2013, 04:18 PM
Zonde is the strongest single target nuke at 11+ and costs the least amount of PP. Really, nothing else even comes close, it's insanely good, mine does 5-6k normal, 10-12k to weak points and 30-37k to WB + weak points. Gigrants/zan/Gifoie/Rabarta/Gizonde are the strongest multi target nukes.

Omega-z
Jan 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
For Single Target semi-quick and not to costly but is the most powerful for one attack is Na-Zan. The down side is the closeness of the attack and the blow away. But is 1.5x-3x better in DPS with a single hit, but lack's in the AOE with it being so close. Otherwise use Zan (point blank range), Ra- Foie, Sa-Zan, Grants, Zonde, Foie, Megid.

For AOE it's a toss up between Sa-Foie, Zan (when you have Multiple blades out), Gi-Grants, Gi-Zonde.

any others have a long start up time, cost, need's to be combo'd or enemies can leave.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 25, 2013, 07:46 PM
I have a "universal rod" which usually has Zan, Rafoie and Gigrants linked to it. Zan is good for hitting multiple enemies in front of you, Rafoie is for the far away enemies and Gigrants for everything that is nearby.

As long as you are not soloing you can kind of ignore weaknesses of enemies, I try to use the right tech but sometimes it's just not worth it and I just stick to my universal rod.