PDA

View Full Version : Why are known english hackers and cheaters tolerated in the english community?

SQuote
Jan 25, 2013, 11:31 PM
It's like people think it's no big deal if someone is godmoding and speedhacking through MPA and such. Some guy even thought they were doing good by "pointing out exploits to the devs" or some bs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 25, 2013, 11:35 PM
posts like this aren't tolerated

SQuote
Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 PM

They aren't? Well then my bad. I thought this was a discussion section.

UnLucky
Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 PM
No, it's for insults and bragging only

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 25, 2013, 11:54 PM
It's also for whining until the flaming starts and then it moves to rants and fkl. So better to just start there and save the mods some trouble.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 26, 2013, 12:02 AM

No, it's for insults and bragging only

these+^_^+ anyway, if you want to point out an exploit to a dev, you go into a locked mission by your self, make a vid, load to youtube with veiwing turned off, and submit a support ticket or some such you don't point it out on PSO-W where weaboos spam emotes+^_^+ +^_^+ +^_^+ +^_^+ +^_^+ +^_^+

Kion
Jan 26, 2013, 01:12 AM
Short answer; they're not tolerated.

Longer answer, Sega is making this game as a product that they sell for players to enjoy. Insuring that players can enjoy the game means making sure the game is balance, testing for possible exploits and putting in precautionary measures against hacking. Honestly most of the hackers are a bunch of stupid kids playing around with a Hex editor. Even just banning people who hack has pretty much discouraged people from hacking on the jp server for the moment anyways. So I really don't even know what you're getting at with this thread.

hope breaker
Jan 26, 2013, 03:59 AM
after realizing my stupidity on my sega id and paswords . i do enter this night.ship 2 block 20 there was a fight
or Argue a bout modding. no shame at all . i did take screen shots and report them. and dont fell a bit sorry .

this guys are gonna make us banned report them. i cant put names on here because of the rules.

Gama
Jan 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
never saw an english player hacking, only those weird sequential named bots that run around the lobby, resta in lobby and whatnot.

aside from that, i respect white hat's and gray hat's when they behave...
since they don't ruin it for everyone else, and are just pursuing their curiosity.

artbunker
Jan 26, 2013, 06:18 PM
Technically all of us who play the Japanese version and use the English patch are "hacking" the game you know

Cagedtaytay
Jan 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
Anyone who uses the english patch is a hacker. This thread is hypocritical?

gigawuts
Jan 26, 2013, 06:38 PM
Fuck it we're all breaking the rules just by connecting to the server, full stop.

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2013, 06:41 PM
No giga someone has to have a higher moral ground than someone else at all times here!

EvilMag
Jan 26, 2013, 06:43 PM
ITT: Why english players like to cheat and hack

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2013, 06:44 PM
ITT: Why english players like to cheat and hack

You gotta write it in engrish.

EvilMag
Jan 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
You gotta write it in engrish.

why english player cheat and hack

Happy Rock? :>

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 10:54 PM
Anyone who uses the english patch is a hacker. This thread is hypocritical?

Not everybody in this thread might be using the english patch. This post is retarded?

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 10:55 PM
He didn't say everyone uses it though.

Jyasupa
Jan 26, 2013, 10:58 PM
Not everybody in this thread might be using the english patch. This post is retarded?

Did you even read the post? Anybody has a VERY different meaning from everybody.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 10:58 PM
He didn't say everyone uses it though.
Did you even read the post? Anybody has a VERY different meaning from everybody.
THIS post is retarded.

Then why generalize saying that the whole thread is hypocritical? He doesn't even know if the OP uses the patch. It was just a silly trolling attemp. And your post, Jyasupa, is as retarded as the one I pointed before, for the same reason. Apply your own sentence to yourself.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM
Then why generalize saying that the whole thread is hypocritical? He doesn't even know if the OP uses the patch. It was just a silly trolling attemp.
Because the OP himself could be using it? And that discussing hacking/cheating and of other players is against the forum rules?

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
Because the OP himself could be using it?

So now we can insult people for what they could be doing? that's a new one. Swift.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
So now we can insult people for what they could be doing? that's a new one. Swift.
You forgot this bit.

And that discussing hacking/cheating and of other players is against the forum rules?

Illegal Activities
Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or link to websites containing warez, cracks, ROMs are not allowed. Do not post copyrighted materials - examples: videos, MP3s - that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:03 PM
that bit is not what called my attention. But I guess I'll take that you don't have any answer to the other bit.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
Just saying it's possible. You see tons of people asking about it in game.

I never claimed that he did.

Kion
Jan 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
The patch is the only way for most people to have access to the game at all. If sega doesn't want people using it then they should release the NA version.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:06 PM
Just saying it's possible. You see tons of people asking about it in game.

I never claimed that he did.

Never claimed that YOU claimed it. What I don't understand is why you defend someone insulting another person for something that he "could" be doing. Can I insult them for, I don't know, RMT botting? Hey, you could be doing it. You see tons of bots ingame. What a jerk you are, botter.

Sounds silly, doesn't it?

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:09 PM
Do you get off on bashing everyone that has a different opinion other than yours and getting back at everyone with false claims and supposed actions that have, in no way, meant anything other than to explain what we have to say? Who knows. You could be an RMTer since you have brought the subject to this thread. Are you?

If you wish to continue this, take it over to PM. No need to clog anymore threads over useless banter that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
Also:

Illegal Activities
Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or link to websites containing warez, cracks, ROMs are not allowed. Do not post copyrighted materials - examples: videos, MP3s - that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute.

I might be wrong but the OP never discussed about illegal activities, he just ranted about people doing them. It seems to me similar to a "I hate you SoA" rant thread.

UnLucky
Jan 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
Well this thread sure is exemplary of PSO-W, as expected

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:11 PM
Still it is a discussion about illegal activities done by other players and that he's addressing it whereas the rules simply state that we cannot discuss illegal activities of any sort.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:13 PM
Do you get off on bashing everyone that has a different opinion other than yours and getting back at everyone with false claims and supposed actions that have, in no way, meant anything other than to explain what we have to say? Who knows. You could be an RMTer since you have brought the subject to this thread. Are you?

Excuse me, but I simply pointed off that insulting another forum member for something that is not even proved he does, is silly. But I guess you must argue against this at all costs. I don't even understand why you disagree with me.

I brought the RMT thing as a simple example of what that other person did and what you seem to be defending. Does it seem logical to you? Then why keep the argument up?

Still it is a discussion about illegal activities done by other players and that he's addressing it whereas the rules simply state that we cannot discuss illegal activities of any sort.

So, we're not discussing illegal activities, we're discussing people breaking the rules. =/

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2013, 11:13 PM
I heard on the JP server they are removing hackers/cheats left and right. I'm afraid that same treatment will be different as soon as the NA version launches. Its no wonder people registered to the JP hub so fast. Also the people who act like what they are doing is right makes no difference and is still considered cheating regadless of the purpose of finding flaws in programming or how incompetent the company is. Its still cheating.
When this game launches in NA I wonder how long it will take them to deal with a problem in-game. =/
The longer it takes them to deal with the situation whether its scamming/cheat/hacking they will lose the interest in the players and they will quit. Look what happened to PSU. Do I have to say more.... What happened to the PS2/PC hub was a horrible experience for me. Need I say more.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:15 PM
I heard on the JP server they are removing hackers/cheats left and right. I'm afraid that same treatment will be different as soon as the NA version launches. Its no wonder people registered to the JP hub so fast.

Well, they do stuff like IP-banning Chinese addresses, which doesn't seem to be too useful considering that bots are as present as always. But it's more than the "international" server would do, since being international they shouldn't be banning entire countries. In any case it's a bad move, now legit chinese players can't play and botters don't really care, they now how to bypass it.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:16 PM
Excuse me, but I simply pointed off that insulting another forum member for something that is not even proved he does is silly. But I guess you must argue against this at all costs. I don't even understand why you disagree with me.

I brought the RMT thing as a simple example of what that other person did and what you seem to be defending. Does it seem logical to you? Then why keep the argument up?

So, we're not discussing illegal activities, we're discussing people breaking the rules. =/
It wasn't an insult so much as a possible assumption as a large portion of the english speaking community use. That is common knowledge.

As for threads about illegal activities, I see them get locked quite often in the Phantasy Star Portable board or deleted a few hours later from discussing people breaking the rules. I'm just surprised this thread lasted this long without a lock. May end up getting locked sooner or later or thrown into FKL though. We did bog the thread down in the most recent posts.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
It wasn't an insult so much as a possible assumption as a large portion of the english speaking community use. That is common knowledge.

So calling someone a hypocrite is not an insult? It'd offend me, to be honest, in this situation. Still I don't even know why you're arguing with me. You make me feel like it's legitimate to insult someone (or call him hypocrite) for something you don't even know he does. If you think that way then I'm sorry, but that's a very jerkish attitude.

As for threads about illegal activities, I see them get locked quite often in the Phantasy Star Portable board or deleted a few hours later from discussing people breaking the rules. I'm just surprised this thread lasted this long without a lock. May end up getting locked sooner or later or thrown into FKL though. We did bog the thread down in the most recent posts.

I don't know about those other threads but I don't see why would it be bad to discuss the fact that the server is plagued with bots and hackers. =/ I mean, discussing actual hacks and botting technics of course is a no-no here, but I think an opinion over people hacking the game is as legitimate as discussing the wonders of the game's RMT or bugs found... =/

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:22 PM
Things can change, just don't know what is against and what isn't. The rules are pretty vague in that aspect.

That or people are tired of seeing these threads. If I recall there were quite a few of them from around launch.

Maronji
Jan 26, 2013, 11:22 PM
So calling someone a hypocrite is not an insult? It'd offend me, to be honest, in this situation.

I don't think it was even meant as a serious comment in the first place. I interpreted it as a sarcastic, joking gesture, but that's just me.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:23 PM
I don't think it was even meant as a serious comment in the first place. I interpreted it as a sarcastic, joking gesture, but that's just me.
Text doesn't carry tone well, if ever.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:25 PM
Text doesn't carry tone well, if ever.

Unfortunately this is true. I could be calling you "son of a bitch" in a bro' way or meaning it and you wouldn't know over a forum thread. Maybe the solution would be simply not to do that sort of comment. <_<

Maronji
Jan 26, 2013, 11:29 PM
Come to think of it, while we're on the topic of rules and stuff, I had a serious thought that I've never seen addressed. I realize the magnitude of what I'm about to say, but I'm curious to see what other people think on this subject.

So we're not allowed to link to the English patch. End of discussion, right? But it's apparently okay to link to other sites that link to the English patch. I realize that a lot of the really useful sites that people link to have a link to it, but isn't something about that kind of--I don't know--backwards or otherwise some kind of double-standard?

The thought of "It's not okay if it's a direct link, but if it's an indirect link it's perfectly fine," just seems really strange to me.

Darki
Jan 26, 2013, 11:35 PM
To answer the rest of your post, you edited it after I answer the first part. <_<

Also the people who act like what they are doing is right makes no difference and is still considered cheating regadless of the purpose of finding flaws in programming or how incompetent the company is. Its still cheating.

That is bullshit. If they were so 'lily white' they would just send a ticket to SoJ (if they have the ability to hack a game I assume they can ask for help to write a report) instead of showing off in the game waving their e-penis.

When this game launches in NA I wonder how long it will take them to deal with a problem in-game. =/
The longer it takes them to deal with the situation whether its scamming/cheat/hacking they will lose the interest in the players and they will quit. Look what happened to PSU. Do I have to say more.... What happened to the PS2/PC hub was a horrible experience for me. Need I say more.

Well, let's hope they get their pants on for this new game but sadly I'm not too hopeful on that matter. I hope at least you don't get login errors that last a month like it happened in PSU.

Come to think of it, while we're on the topic of rules and stuff, I had a serious thought that I've never seen addressed. I realize the magnitude of what I'm about to say, but I'm curious to see what other people think on this subject.

So we're not allowed to link to the English patch. End of discussion, right? But it's apparently okay to link to other sites that link to the English patch. I realize that a lot of the really useful sites that people link to have a link to it, but isn't something about that kind of--I don't know--backwards or otherwise some kind of double-standard?

The thought of "It's not okay if it's a direct link, but if it's an indirect link it's perfectly fine," just seems really strange to me.

If we had to abide by the rules a 100% then we couldn't discuss ANYTHING at all about our experiences in the JP server or even reward with AC for fashion contest since according to the TOS we shouldn't even play there or purchase AC. All we could do would be to discuss the patches changelog and whatever pops in the PSO2 webpage, and even admiting that we play in the PSO2 JP servers should cause us a warn and get the post deleted. So I think we're on a gray zone here.

In fact, as far as I remember, the first posts about the english patch were deleted often, but I guess they gave up to the sheer amount of posts about it and the fact that Bumped.org shamelessly linked to it too. So it was either forbidding also any link to the pretty much only reliable game guide in english or just give up on that and allow talking about the patch.

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 11:48 PM
Everything lately has been on the grey area. I'm just guessing that because of Ricardo being such a big supporter and most of the information about updates throughout most of these posts come from his blog, it could be due to respect of a sort.

I dunno, Tomeeboy is the site owner and the rules haven't been updated in years.

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2013, 11:48 PM
To answer the rest of your post, you edited it after I answer the first part. <_<

That is bullshit. If they were so 'lily white' they would just send a ticket to SoJ (if they have the ability to hack a game I assume they can ask for help to write a report) instead of showing off in the game waving their e-penis.

Well, let's hope they get their pants on for this new game but sadly I'm not too hopeful on that matter. I hope at least you don't get login errors that last a month like it happened in PSU.

1) Look how they handled the grinder glitch or scamming using the trade window bug on the xbox version. It ruined the economy and was handled poorly. The mechgun glitch is a perfect example for the ps2/pc hub. I forgot to mention the PM bombing as the levitating that happened during the winter break festival. They had to do maintance to remove one person who's character was stuck in the sitting postion who was able to sit in mid-air near a bench.

2) Yeah, I bet they learned their lesson. A perfect example is PSZ and PSP2 network mode. I only saw a "some" moderation during the demo stage and then when the game launched. Poof. They disappeared. I have some patience but I don't agree with how they handled any of their games here in America and I call BS.

Yunfa
Jan 27, 2013, 06:09 AM
Well this thread sure is exemplary of PSO-W, as expected

this forum is really started to get dragged down by certain individuals...

Cagedtaytay
Jan 27, 2013, 08:56 AM

This.
And this is still going on? I mean, really? Seriously...

NoiseHERO
Jan 27, 2013, 09:24 AM

Dragged down to what by who?

It was always at the bottom.

Menasthos
Jan 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
5 pages of...what? Still open too? :o