PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to PSO2 & PSOWORLD, anything I should know?

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 01:18 AM
I've been playing Phantasy Star online games for as long as I can remember, so I'm extremely excited to dive into PSO2; that being said, since the entire game is in Japanese and none of my friends will play the game with me at present, is there anything I should know coming into the game as a newbie? Or anybody willing to show me the ropes?

Ezodagrom
Jan 26, 2013, 01:22 AM
If you're interested in playing the japanese version, first a note, Ships (servers) are separate, so players who play in a certain Ship can't play with players from a different Ship. The majority of english speaking players are in Ship 02.

Other than this, here are a couple of very useful links.

The first has several guides for the game:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

The 2nd has data about several items:
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

SallySalSal
Jan 26, 2013, 01:24 AM
There's an English patch that will make things a lot easier (and maybe use it to convince some friends to come over). Ship 02 is where most English players reside in, though there other players in other Ships.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 26, 2013, 01:50 AM
And this one has many helpful links to threads within PSO-W+^_^+
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196271

Rien
Jan 26, 2013, 02:02 AM
In PSOW's community, take everything with a grain of salt.

_Nue
Jan 26, 2013, 02:49 AM
In PSOW's community, take everything with a grain of salt.

This. And don't let others shove their opinions down your throat.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 26, 2013, 03:03 AM
This. And don't let others shove their opinions down your throat.

And don't let people tell you what to do.

...oh wait.

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 06:46 AM
Appreciate the feedback everyone, I'll keep all the advice in mind. Quick question however, where can I find the english patch?

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 26, 2013, 06:47 AM
Appreciate the feedback everyone, I'll keep all the advise in mind. Quick question however, where can I find the english patch?

We're not allowed to post links to it here I'm afraid. Your best bet is to Google it.

EDIT: The link to it is on the Cirnopedia site that Ezodagrom gave you.

Syklo
Jan 26, 2013, 06:50 AM
Appreciate the feedback everyone, I'll keep all the advise in mind. Quick question however, where can I find the english patch?
We cannot post links, so my best answer is:

A PS-related website on the internet.

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
We're not allowed to post links to it here I'm afraid. Your best bet is to Google it.

Makes sense :P, thanks, I'll try to find it. Does it get updated or released often or at all? (Just wondering if I should be looking out for a latest version or not.)

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 06:54 AM
Hmm, after some searching it's come to my attention that the patch is against SEGA's TOS and apparently can get you banned? In the opinion of those who play the game, is it worth risking?

Syklo
Jan 26, 2013, 06:57 AM
Makes sense :P, thanks, I'll try to find it. Does it get updated or released often or at all? (Just wondering if I should be looking out for a latest version or not.)
Updates regularly, often before the servers come back up (since patches are usually up before then)

Hmm, after some searching it's come to my attention that the patch is against SEGA's TOS and apparently can get you banned? In the opinion of those who play the game, is it worth risking?

CAN.
The game's mostly client sided so as long as you don't give yourself away to the general public, you should be fine.

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 07:03 AM
Updates regularly, often before the servers come back up (since patches are usually up before then)

CAN.
The game's mostly client sided so as long as you don't give yourself away to the general public, you should be fine.

Oh okay, gotchya. English Patch it is then :P. So basically don't go around giving myself away or typing too much around Japanese players and I'll be fine. (I'll be sticking to playing with those I find here on PSOW anyways, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.)

PS- I appreciate the assistance, you guys are all really helpful lol.

Knowmad
Jan 26, 2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys, got everything up and running smoothly, I guess I'm going to go onto ship 2? (the one with the most english speaking players on it?)

Ezodagrom
Jan 26, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys, got everything up and running smoothly, I guess I'm going to go onto ship 2? (the one with the most english speaking players on it?)
Yeah, ship 2 is your best option to find other english players, many hang out in block 20, but there's english speaking players in some of the other blocks.

DoubleCannon
Jan 26, 2013, 05:29 PM
Anything you should know... We are all a bunch of online bullies and you should run away and dont look back! .. Oh and you may get the odd stalker. <-- not joking when I say this lol

blace
Jan 26, 2013, 05:31 PM
Someone to look for on block 20 is the dancing or AFK Johana. She sticks out quite a lot.

Knowmad
Jan 27, 2013, 02:31 AM
Currently in game, IGN is Knowmad (Enjoying it A LOT)

Tsumiya
Jan 27, 2013, 03:22 AM
I am also relatively new to PSO2. Its a lot of crazy fun when you get the hang of it !
☆〜٩( ╹▿╹ )۶

I was lost for minor bit but when my friends got back into the game it got alot better since they know how everything works =)

Enjoy yourself !

johnwolf
Jan 27, 2013, 03:35 PM
Oh okay, gotchya. English Patch it is then :P. So basically don't go around giving myself away or typing too much around Japanese players and I'll be fine. (I'll be sticking to playing with those I find here on PSOW anyways, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.)

PS- I appreciate the assistance, you guys are all really helpful lol.

actualy no, you can talk english around japanese players just fine. Sega isn't even going after international players to ban them just for being international....which is a smart move in my book. the patch however IS agence the TOS. so don't say you HAVE the english patch around people. though most likly they won't understand you.

Z-0
Jan 27, 2013, 03:43 PM
Note: It is in the ToS that it's against the ToS to connect to the servers from outside Japan.

I also don't recommend talking English around Japanese players, that's just rude... it is their server after all. It's not against any rules but I still don't like it.

Macman
Jan 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
Biggest tip to PSO-W: Do not take ANYONE seriously here. Nobody. Not me, not Rock, not Z-0, nobody.

Syklo
Jan 27, 2013, 05:51 PM
Note: It is in the ToS that it's against the ToS to connect to the servers from outside Japan.

I also don't recommend talking English around Japanese players, that's just rude... it is their server after all. It's not against any rules but I still don't like it.
I follow by this too; had my share of really awkward moments when communicating with the japanese players (in both languages).

The only exception to this would be if THEY get out of their way to communicate WITH YOU.
Although even then, it can still get awkward....
I don't suppose anyone around here knows someone called MHFvenom?

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
Someone to look for on block 20 is the dancing or AFK Johana. She sticks out quite a lot.

Or myself, the Vintastic blue haired white armored Caseal that has a nicely tanned skin tone.

Tsumiya
Jan 27, 2013, 06:36 PM
Or myself, the Vintastic blue haired white armored Caseal that has a nicely tanned skin tone.

I have seen you a number of times XD

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2013, 06:48 PM
I have seen you a number of times XD

:3 Mew

Chik'Tikka
Jan 28, 2013, 12:19 AM

really aught to find you and friend you some day+^_^+ Blue Haired white armored Caseals gotta stick together!!

Tsumiya
Jan 28, 2013, 05:32 PM
:3 Mew

Next time i will be sure to say hi \(≧∇≦)/ To your cute character ( ^ ^ )