PDA

View Full Version : Ra/Hu worth it?

Alex305!
Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
I don't have much of a set plan but I would love try try this combination out instead of the common and boring Gu/Ra. I was thinking of playing it like ranger with stances and JA bonus and fall back to a sword for any R-att resistant mobs.

Just wanted to know if there is someone out there who specializes in this combination that could give me some advice. I know you're out there and I know you're awesome if you need any more info just let me know.

Hrith
Jan 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
It's one of the best combinations in the game right now, IMO. The damage is insane, significantly higher than GU/RA. Of course you do not have Chain Trigger + Weak Bullet to destroy bosses, but Weak Bullet alone does a wonderful job, and the damage is higher the rest of the time - which is 90% of the time.

There are some amazing all-class swords, partisans and wired lances, but the swords and wired lances are uncommon and expensive.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 26, 2013, 03:04 PM
Possibly the best combination for Gunslash, but not for the obvious reason. JA Bonus and Fury Stance lend much to the shooting side of the weapon.

As far as incorporating hunter weapons into your actual playstyle with this combo... it's sub-optimal as I understand it. What you're really getting is improved damage for the Ranger side of weapons + Gunslash, Rodeo Drive and Additional Bullet particularly.

I only really see RA/HU talked about for time attack. Every mob is R-ATK resistant. That's why they have weak points specific to bullets (or why you can make them with Weak Bullet).

Alex305!
Jan 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys so I'll focus on the ranger and gunslash weapons as well. It seems Hu is really good for boosting the strength of Ra.

ShilohSham
Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Its a very fun combo but like seravi said it sub optimal to use anything but the ranger weapons and gunslash on RA/HU

ShinMaruku
Jan 31, 2013, 09:28 PM
Only thing I would see with this is weakbullet into overend. You would need a all class weapon though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 10:09 PM
if you were going to do that you'd run Hu/Ra instead, obviously. Thing is there's an abundance of WB these days so it's not like you need to have a pocket WB in most cases

ShinMaruku
Jan 31, 2013, 10:36 PM
Well if you are solo then pocket WB would make sense.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 31, 2013, 11:08 PM
Eh.....Even then it's situational. think about how many monsters you'd want to WB that would stand still long enough for you to get out a slow PA like overend. Then think about how you're dedicating yourself to almost nothing just for this skill that you scarcely benefit from. 3x damage is great and all but considering what you're giving up for it and that you're switching off after one shot meaning a long cooldown before you can use it again, you're still better off subbing fi most of the time, even when soloing.

ShinMaruku
Jan 31, 2013, 11:15 PM
Very true. That's why RA/Hu is mainly pointless.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 31, 2013, 11:16 PM
Weak Bullet would only be of solo consideration if you boss rushed and could actually kill the boss in one Weak Bullet. Otherwise FI stances are going to beat it easily.

Coatl
Feb 1, 2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah. RA/FI is going to outclass RA/HU so badly once fighter gets stances up 2.