PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 in 3D

iridesence
Jan 27, 2013, 08:55 AM
you tell me.

i am able to force 3D into the game via third party software.
(the settings of the 3D itself are customizable as well)

so whats your opinion, is this game worth playing in 3D?
(note i have it set to anaglyph 3D atm since all i have atm is those old anaglyhy glasses but the software supports more then it.

normal screenie:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/RWIf3kC.jpg[/spoiler-box]

3D screenie:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/w9C75ZF.jpg[/spoiler-box]

personally i like it alot. it gives a more indepth feeling when in combat.

Z-0
Jan 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
Tip: [spoiler-box ] [/spoiler-box ] for the correct type of spoilers you want. =P

As for the topic on hand, I'm indifferent because I've seen nothing in 3D, so I have no idea if 3D is ever worth it or not. ._.

iridesence
Jan 27, 2013, 09:00 AM
Tip: [spoiler-box ] [/spoiler-box ] for the correct type of spoilers you want. =P

As for the topic on hand, I'm indifferent because I've seen nothing in 3D, so I have no idea if 3D is ever worth it or not. ._.

try dark falz elder in 3d. its freaking amazing.

next time i do it ill try to grab a screenie.

Menasthos
Jan 27, 2013, 09:21 AM
Interesting. But be careful, after long sessions can create a bit of headache and problems on your eyes. (proved yet)

Emberghost
Jan 27, 2013, 09:40 AM
Works freaking good in 3D. Running it using Tridef 3D software on a passive LG screen. No headache for me till now. ^^

3D works great for atmosphere. Big stuff really seems to be big.

@iridesence: yep Dark Falz is awesome.

Sebastian & PSO
Jan 27, 2013, 10:45 AM
Can anyone play in 3D or you have to have a special type of computer and 3D glasses?

iridesence
Jan 27, 2013, 11:25 AM
Can anyone play in 3D or you have to have a special type of computer and 3D glasses?

anyone can play it in 3D as long as you have a decent gfx card, the drivers, and a pair of 3d glasses. (the old red/cyan ones work just fine.)

software/drivers: (3D anaglyph still works on the program and it have the drivers for it too. also, disable when using firefox. dosnt like it for some reason)
http://www.iz3d.com/select_download

glasses:
google "3d anaglyph glasses" to find what you need.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 27, 2013, 11:54 AM

this, went to the hobbit in 3d and seriously, other then noticeably more CG, looked a lot like LotR+^_^+ those red/blue glasses just turn everything red to me+^_^+

iridesence
Jan 27, 2013, 01:20 PM
this, went to the hobbit in 3d and seriously, other then noticeably more CG, looked a lot like LotR+^_^+ those red/blue glasses just turn everything red to me+^_^+

there are many types of 3d display.

its just red/cyan (red/blue) anaglyph is the easiest, cheapest, and fastest to setup for anyone. other options exist and can be used if you have the gear to do so.

Emberghost
Jan 27, 2013, 02:35 PM
Well red/cyan is just for people who don't wanna pay much. xD As far as i have read the outcome with a 3D capable Display (either with Shutter technology or polarisation) is much better. But well costly.. I was buying a new monitor anyways, so it wasn't that much of an extra cost.

You can also try Tridef software as an alternative for iZ3D. Don't know which is better, guess it depends on the games you play. Got Tridef free with my screen, so I am gonna stick with that.

Ah, and if you got a Nvidia card, you maybe can use the Nvidia software for red/cyan. But not entirely sure about that.

iridesence
Jan 27, 2013, 04:49 PM
dark falz in 3D for the peeps:

Falz Arm:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/GXjzW4N.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Falz Elder:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/9u88ZHh.jpg[/spoiler-box]

DjDragoon
Jan 27, 2013, 07:27 PM
I currently use Nvidia's 3D vision setup and it looks great except for all the shadows. Not sure what's going on there.

Havoc1337
Jan 28, 2013, 05:14 AM
I also use nvids 3Dvision, and the shadows are a common problem among games. They are simply not rendered in 3D, but 2D instead, so they have no depth and appear the closest to you.

This could be fixed with a simple shader correction via d3d9 injection, but I'm not sure if that could get me banned =/

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2013, 08:27 AM
Strange. The pictures here don't exactly work too well with my discover glasses. On the other hand, images rendered from my Nvidia 3D stereoscopic actually work rather well with them.

I still don't like to look at 3D too long with Red/cyan glasses. They eventually get to me over time. I'd probably have to go with a shutter glass version or something for better effect. I see what you mean by the shadows, though. Sometimes, they look right, other times they don't.

yunamon
Jan 28, 2013, 05:42 PM
Using my free complementary left red right cyan 3D glasses I got from a Panasonic 3D LED TV pamphlet...

Not sure if it's your setting when I put it on I see nothing at all... But when I reverse the glasses (left cyan right red) the 3D is finally noticeable...

Did you flipped your visuals?

Also: the motion blur hinders with the 3D especially in the last screenie where your character seems to blend into Falz while her shield pops out in view... 0_0

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2013, 05:49 PM
You're right. The screen caps do work with the glasses upside-down. Still, it looks pretty nice in motion, but I just can't handle red/blue glasses for too long.