PDA

View Full Version : Item Reskin Discussion

Sir Michael
Jan 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
Reskins always pissed me off.

Considering the weapons look much cooler in the JP Servers, why did they even have reskins?

Noblewine
Jan 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
That's the kind of treatment were going to get between JP and NA. I didn't care much about the reskins but I disliked how they took their time fixing the annoying technical problems.

Anduril
Jan 27, 2013, 11:45 PM
Reskins always pissed me off.

Considering the weapons look much cooler in the JP Servers, why did they even have reskins?
It was a combination of SEGA of Japan not giving the SEGA of America team the content that was part of the additional updates and the hoops they had to jump through with Microsoft to get large patches out. It all comes down to money being the reason that we had reskins.

Midori Oku
Jan 28, 2013, 03:12 AM
Why did they even have reskins?

Simple, the GAC update (Supplemental Update) only added the data for so much. It should have been more, seeing as how the JP server was already well past the point that reskins started to appear for 360. There would have had to have been another download to add new skins. Far from what Sega was willing to do. It's sad really.

Seany1990
Jan 28, 2013, 08:32 AM
That's the kind of treatment were going to get between JP and NA. I didn't care much about the reskins but I disliked how they took their time fixing the annoying technical problems.

The machine gun glitch that was around during the time of the one up cup was only around for about two weeks. I am not sure what other technical issues you encountered.

Shadowth117
Jan 29, 2013, 01:39 PM
Essentially, for whatever reason (it was never officially revealed though there are some good educated guesses) SEGA was unwilling to provide the large content data updates the Japanese server of PSU got after the first supplemental update. Because they wouldn't put out the DLC, the server side content was changed to use the data that was available to the English version of the game. This severely limited what was available to them for use and while it is partially excusable given the circumstances, the rest of their treatment of the servers (severe content gaps, extreme latency issues, etc.) that resulted from SOA's ineptitude was inexcusable.

In short, there are very, very, very, good reasons not to bother with the English version of PSO2 or any other online game released by SOA until its proven to not be terrible.

Noblewine
Jan 30, 2013, 12:34 AM
The machine gun glitch that was around during the time of the one up cup was only around for about two weeks. I am not sure what other technical issues you encountered.

Yeah that's true but what about when it appeared again. I had a bug that happened on the last day of the ps2/pc side where my mechgun would continously fire while I tried to fight Mother Brain. I was forced to unequip it to make it stop. Plus I was talking about the issue of pm bombing/scamming and leviating that happened during the winter festival.