PDA

View Full Version : Falz Hunar/Elder's mysterious attack quote

Renvalt
Jan 28, 2013, 02:32 AM
So lately I've been fixated on something that Falz Hunar and Falz Elder have been saying. It's in Japanese, and I have no idea what it means, but I can make out the second half of it (although that doesn't give me its true meaning).

He says something like "Akiwariyo" a lot, but I type that in kana or gana and it doesn't really give me anything. So either:

A)I'm getting part of the word wrong, and I need to know what to change
B)I'm getting the whole word wrong, and I need to learn more Japanese
C)I'm writing it wrong.

Can anyone tell me what specific word he's saying, and how it's written/pronounced?

Zyrusticae
Jan 28, 2013, 03:00 AM
My best guess: He's saying あきましぞ!Or another way of saying "I'm getting sick of this!"

But this is entirely off of my rather faulty memory, so maybe I'm making this up....

Rien
Jan 28, 2013, 03:35 AM
無能浅薄脆弱ぶり、弁えよ!
munou-senpaku-zeijaku-buri, wakimae-yo!
Here you go. Very roughly it means "Know that you are powerless before me!"

Renvalt
Jan 28, 2013, 04:46 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I knew I had to be off somehow, but I had no idea it was THAT off!

Gosh, now I feel like a moron.....

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 28, 2013, 05:02 AM

Ah, that's what he says with the "throw stuff with all hands 1 by 1, then thrust all hands forward" I take it.

I'm embarrassed to admit what I think* it sounds like...
*Disclaimer: I don't actually think this but I can't un-hear it.
[SPOILER-BOX]Monsoon the end broccoli beef, wash your eeyore![/SPOILER-BOX]

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2013, 01:04 PM
Ah falz and his shit talk. Now I want Kratos to be in this game. Ham to Ham combat LETS GO!

Punisher106
Jan 28, 2013, 01:08 PM
A friend of mine said that during that four projectile attack thing, he's saying something along the lines of "You are all cowards. GIVE UP!"

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2013, 01:09 PM
Falz is chewing the scenery.

Renvalt
Jan 28, 2013, 03:13 PM
Ah, that's what he says with the "throw stuff with all hands 1 by 1, then thrust all hands forward" I take it.

Hunar also says one word of the entire phrase (wakimae-yo) during his kick attack. It was that specific word I was looking for.

Rien
Jan 28, 2013, 10:25 PM
The phrase "wakimae yo" itself means "learn/know/understand it"

Japanese grammar ahoy

Sparzyle
Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 PM
Does anybody know what Falz Elder says when he holds the ship wreckage with all of his arms and bashes it with his butt? I always hear something like "ARKS Sparda" and I feel like "omg he's coming after me D:!"

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 28, 2013, 11:15 PM
I don't know a lick of relevant Japanese and I can already tell you he's basically saying "Bow before me (creative license on the first half here), I am DAAKU. FARUSU. ERRUUUDAAAAAAAA."

NoiseHERO
Jan 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
I don't like this falz...

He looks dum and clearly has gettumharts drunk personality.

That's not FALZ!

That's just some anime monster!

At least Elder is fun to fight tho.

Sparzyle
Jan 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
So "Eruda = Elder" I see... thanks (: I thought he said a more baddass phrase :c /toge Dalkfarseruda!

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 12:38 AM
Does anybody know what Falz Elder says when he holds the ship wreckage with all of his arms and bashes it with his butt? I always hear something like "ARKS Sparda" and I feel like "omg he's coming after me D:!"

刮目せよ 我こそダークファルス・エルダーなり
Katsumoku-seyo warekoso-Dark-Falz-Elder-nari

"Look in awe, for I am Dark Falz Elder"

ShinMaruku
Jan 29, 2013, 12:43 AM
I don't like this falz...

He looks dum and clearly has gettumharts drunk personality.

That's not FALZ!

That's just some anime monster!

At least Elder is fun to fight tho.
Falz is a large ham.

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 AM
Falz is a large ham.

With the sharpest ass I've ever seen.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 29, 2013, 12:47 AM
刮目せよ 我こそダークファルス・エルダーなり
Katsumoku-seyo warekoso-Dark-Falz-Elder-nari

"Look in awe, for I am Dark Falz Elder"

...As he shows us his ass.

Japan.

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 12:49 AM
...As he shows us his ass.

Japan.

Which makes me wonder what that female profound darkness is going to be throwing at us.

Kirine
Jan 29, 2013, 01:23 AM
Which makes me wonder what that female profound darkness is going to be throwing at us.

This is Japan. Any perverted moves possible has been thought out of and most likely it'll be chest beams will be implemented one way or another.

Look at our flip animation, they made sure the white panties are showing as clear as day.

Renvalt
Jan 29, 2013, 06:28 AM
Regarding Elder (if we're talking battle quotes, that is), I know during the arms he says something like "hametsu no ichigeki" which as I'm familiar with roughly means "Obliterate in one strike", and he also has a phrase with "banshou kotai ga sono chikara de" which I was unable to decipher.

Rien, you've been on the ball regarding that - any chance you could tell me what those two quotes are in their entirety?

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 06:38 AM
耐えてみせよ 破滅の一撃
tae-te-mise-yo hametsu-no-ichigeki
"Take this, the strike that will obliterate you"

応えよ深遠、万象破砕のその力を
kotae-yo-shinen, bansho-hazai-no-sono-chikara-wo
"This is the answer of the profound (darkness), the power to crush all creation"

edit: Bonus round before someone asks:

集え眷属 一握の闇となれ
tsudoe-kenzoku ichiaku-no-yami-to-nare
"Gather, my family (you decide what this refers to), be assimilated into one darkness"

Renvalt
Jan 29, 2013, 07:10 AM
耐えてみせよ 破滅の一撃
tae-te-mise-yo hametsu-no-ichigeki
"Take this, the strike that will obliterate you"

応えよ深遠、万象破砕のその力を
kotae-yo-shinen, bansho-hazai-sono-chikara-wo
"This is the answer of the profound (darkness), the power to crush all creation"

edit: Bonus round before someone asks:

集え眷属 一握の闇となれ
tsudoe-kenzoku ichiaku-no-yami-to-nare
"Gather, my family (you decide what this refers to), be assimilated into one darkness"

D-Damn man, you're blowing me away. I thought I could identify words by just hearing them, but your Japanese is just too powerful!

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 07:42 AM
They're only rough translations.

The japanese wiki has all his quotes anyway (but not translated of course)

edit: corrected the second quote

KaffeKane
Jan 29, 2013, 08:19 PM
Monsoon the end broccoli beef, wash your eeyore!

Ham to Ham combat LETS GO!

That engrish up above is the ultimate ham. I'm freaking cracking up at this.

Wait...when does he show off his ass and how? o.O I want to laugh more at the existence of this boss.

Seravi Edalborez
Jan 29, 2013, 09:05 PM
Wait...when does he show off his ass and how? o.O I want to laugh more at the existence of this boss.

Phase 2 when he grabs the whole platform and piledrives into it. That's his ass.

Klypto
Jan 30, 2013, 12:11 AM
Dunno if it's just me that thinks this, but if they did a translated version of him for the NA version it better be friggin awesome. Otherwise they should just leave it as is

NoiseHERO
Jan 30, 2013, 12:12 AM
Falz when throwing meteors

"YOU SUCKA MAH BALLZ TWO TIME DESUNEE!"

Chik'Tikka
Jan 30, 2013, 01:00 AM
Dunno if it's just me that thinks this, but if they did a translated version of him for the NA version it better be friggin awesome. Otherwise they should just leave it as is

*imagines Voice Actor used for translated Falz, Remembers "CODE; Distraction", shudders*
+^_^+