PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying on PSO2 in 2013?

Kuronen
Jan 29, 2013, 06:37 AM
Just curious, I'm coming over from TERA Online (Celestial Hills) and was wondering if people on PSO2 still actively RPed.

And no, no I don't mean ERP. I've already seen 'hentai' named characters so I'm pretty sure THAT goes on...

But what I mean is like, making a story for your character, building friendships and maybe rivals, etc.

Thanks!

Edit: For all of those who want to drop their information for Ship 2 Roleplay, hit up Ship 2 Roleplayers List (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204483)

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 06:44 AM
It doesn't matter, in the ARKS you will always be the weakest character, lol.

Roleplay does happen among some JP teams though.

Kuronen
Jan 29, 2013, 06:45 AM

Lol, yeah but there are Teams and such. Could always do things as groups, hunt a certain drop to see who gets it first, time runs. Or just hang out and chat about things not dealing with RL.

Be the character a bit. It's kinda fun. At least I think so. ^^;

Syklo
Jan 29, 2013, 06:46 AM
Just curious, I'm coming over from TERA Online (Celestial Hills) and was wondering if people on PSO2 still actively RPed.

And no, no I don't mean ERP. I've already seen 'hentai' named characters so I'm pretty sure THAT goes on...

But what I mean is like, making a story for your character, building friendships and maybe rivals, etc.

Thanks!
This will make RP'ing rappies the most expensive job ever.

and the most pointless.

Noc Codez
Jan 29, 2013, 06:46 AM

Thanks!

Oh Jesus.. not a CH player from Tera... lol

I never seen anyone Role playing in PSO2...

Kuronen
Jan 29, 2013, 06:53 AM
Oh Jesus.. not a CH player from Tera... lol

I never seen anyone Role playing in PSO2...

Gah! Not all of us were bad enough to earn it the title Melistal Hills! ^^;

I haven't yet either. But I just kinda poke around and barely talk since everyone seems to be in parties and things.

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 AM
I have.

It just happened that everyone roleplaying is roleplaying an npc (the first time) and it was being kept in a party chat (which I had gotten into by accident, second time)

Kuronen
Jan 29, 2013, 07:02 AM
I have.

It just happened that everyone roleplaying is roleplaying an npc (the first time) and it was being kept in a party chat (which I had gotten into by accident, second time)

Sweet! At least I know it's out there...!

Now I just have to try and find it lol.

Rien
Jan 29, 2013, 07:45 AM
It's all in japanese. Good luck.

Meji
Jan 29, 2013, 08:01 AM
I surely wouldn't mind RP'ing some, but having PSO2 be as fast-paces as it is I believe it's kind of hard not to go OOC.

Kuronen
Jan 29, 2013, 08:08 AM
I surely wouldn't mind RP'ing some, but having PSO2 be as fast-paces as it is I believe it's kind of hard not to go OOC.

This is very true. I figured it'd be more done in the lobby or among friends. Something just to kill the time when you need a break from the grind, but still something to let you interact in a way that you're still playing a game of sorts.

I know I use to RP on PSO: BB and PSU, but it was few and far between heh. ^^;

Enforcer MKV
Jan 29, 2013, 08:26 AM
I've taken part in a few RPs, but not in PSO2. Closest I really do anymore is the story I'm currently writing in the Fan Works section. I couldn't really find anyone interested, plus I'm kinda busy now-a-days.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jan 29, 2013, 09:59 AM
I've got a friend who actively stays in character, but she'll go ooc if we've got an upcoming emergency mission or something. It's also amusing to engage her into an RP despite me not giving Hawk a backstory. I haven't seen anybody but her roleplay, but there's gotta be someone else out there who would RP. :3

Takatsuki
Jan 29, 2013, 10:06 AM
Taka always roleplayed and became team mascot for it :D

Kion
Jan 29, 2013, 10:28 AM

Roleplay does happen among some JP teams though.

Role play happens hard for some JP player. I was in the lobby right before Falz and two player dressed exactly like Oza and Kasura ran around the lobby RPing back and forth.

"What an emergency mission?"
"It's a direct order from Legias, I guess we don't have a choice"
"Legias, of the six pillars of Arks? He doesn't even bother wearing a tie"
"I know, talk about being a bad ass."

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/pso20130106_215914_001_zps84fe9b3b.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/pso20130106_215921_002_zps48731441.jpg

Right before Kasura ran into the mission, "Clarisa, why is that here? It's supposed to be lost". I lol'd. I really respect people who get into the story and the characters enough to be able to ad lib stuff of this caliber.

[spoiler-box]
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/nei_zpse2a878e1.png
[/spoiler-box]

-Lady-
Jan 29, 2013, 12:23 PM

Thanks!

Celestial Hills? "Hentai" named? O_o... HAHAHAHAAAHAAHAA! I *AM* Hentai of Celestial Hills! Darn, what are the odds of running into someone from CH of Tera and mentions me on a PSO forum! :3

But yeah, roleplaying would be fantastic idea in pso2. Though I've not any particular luck convincing people of it 6-7 months ago when I last played Pso2~

Also, what might your character's name be in CH? :D I might know you! :-P

Dycize
Jan 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
Just as in 2012, I'd love to, though the only person who ever contacted me... Disappeared some days after (it was quite some months ago).

Also there were some people RPing in ship 10 apparently, no idea if they're still active, but afaik, it's pretty much dead in terms on RP on ship 2 (sadly).

DoubleZero
Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
I was thinking about looking into TERA once it went F2P... But after my beloved City of Heroes went F2P, it was nearing its doom. Doom, I say!

But to stay on topic, the most RPing I can really do with my characters in-game stems from auto-words that display when things happen. E-Trials, Low HP, being healed, being revived, finding rares, etc. I do like how you can have multiple sayings for each action, so it doesn't repeat the same line over and over again.

I don't lobby RP much at all, but I've responded in-character once or twice with Holly (from Large Characters - the Thread), when someone makes a comment about her weight. Because it inevitably happens.

Vintasticvin
Jan 29, 2013, 01:03 PM
I'll try giving RPing a shot. Not sure what a mixed gender Caseal would play like but I have been trying to come up with something but I get carried away AFKing with Ezo.

EvilMag
Jan 29, 2013, 01:03 PM
Role play happens hard for some JP player. I was in the lobby right before Falz and two player dressed exactly like Oza and Kasura ran around the lobby RPing back and forth.

"What an emergency mission?"
"It's a direct order from Legias, I guess we don't have a choice"
"Legias, of the six pillars of Arks? He doesn't even bother wearing a tie"
"I know, talk about being a bad ass."

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/pso20130106_215914_001_zps84fe9b3b.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/pso20130106_215921_002_zps48731441.jpg

Right before Kasura ran into the mission, "Clarisa, why is that here? It's supposed to be lost". I lol'd. I really respect people who get into the story and the characters enough to be able to ad lib stuff of this caliber.

[spoiler-box]
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/nei_zpse2a878e1.png
[/spoiler-box]
Haha I actually know those guys. They invited me to their falz MPA where it was full of people RPing NPCs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 30, 2013, 01:56 AM
Where's the "You know, it's truly a sad day when a gamer has to tell you to 'get a life'" option?

fires2dust
Jan 30, 2013, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't mind. I roleplay with one other friend at times. I just wasn't sure if other people wanted to, but I usually play along if the opportunity presents itself.

Xaeris
Jan 30, 2013, 02:18 AM
Nah. Once upon a time, I used to do the RP thing in other games, but I've found that when I'm telling a story, I prefer to be in control of all the moving parts. So, I just author stories these days. Nothing against RPers though. If I see them, I just mind and go about my own business.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 30, 2013, 02:46 AM
Sure, why not+^_^+ my character's easy, she's narcissistic, doesn't really care about others, really good at math and formulating probabilities, and prone to stating the obvious in an over worded logical way+^_^+

Zyrusticae
Jan 30, 2013, 02:59 AM
I like to RP when I can.

All of my characters' auto words are completely IC (with the exception of the party join greetings, out of necessity). The auto words themselves are one of my most favorite things about this game. Wish other games had features like that!

Noblewine
Jan 30, 2013, 03:05 AM
I like to roleplay on PSU when it was still around the thing was I sucked at it. I'll probably roleplay again in PSO2.

Chik'Tikka
Jan 30, 2013, 03:10 AM
I like to RP when I can.

All of my characters' auto words are completely IC (with the exception of the party join greetings, out of necessity). The auto words themselves are one of my most favorite things about this game. Wish other games had features like that!

ikr? Autowords make this game soo much better then like 90% of the MMOs out there+^_^+ (even my join party autoword is RP)

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2013, 03:17 AM
I'm too slow to RP in real time I don't mind getting building a character though. Like Zyusticae my auto words are all in character. Especially Milla's.

Brimcon
Jan 30, 2013, 04:29 AM
Its good to see a thread like this. I love RP, and always wanted to get into a PSO roleplay. Autowords really help with it. [Though, the Damaging AW's are a bit.. spammy] But actually creating a continuity of sorts would be nice, like the Hunter's Guild quests in PSO, and subsequently, the ARK Events in the field.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the coming days.

Valimer
Jan 30, 2013, 04:31 AM

Thanks!

That's funny, I'm going from PSO2 to TERA right now.

Back on topic, I'm not much of a role player... in order for me to role play the game needs to be able to actively immerse me with out me trying. This game revolves around upgrading items and talking about stats so much I can't find myself trying to role play over that.

Rhedrimond
Jan 30, 2013, 10:19 AM
There seems to be a fair amount of interest in RP; it comes up frequently in some of the other forums here.

Our fairly active Team, the Vanguard, is a dedicated RP group on Ship 10, and we RP regularly in-game and on our forums. We occasionally get new, interested folks from PSO-W, and there are some other RPers on Ship 10 in groups like the Zouryx Empire, thougn I haven't heard much from them lately.

English RP does happen on PSO2! :D

Totori
Jan 31, 2013, 01:34 AM
I remember rping back in psu vanilla days, it was extremely awesome! As for PSO2, tried but I guess I haven't given it too much effort for a while. I'd be up for it though, my character's auto words are pretty much like always in character!

Kuronen
Jan 31, 2013, 03:41 AM
Where's the "You know, it's truly a sad day when a gamer has to tell you to 'get a life'" option?

The same place the 'If you can't say nothing nice, don't say anything at all' button is. :D

Besides, sometimes Rping and goofing off as someone else is a good way to kick back and relax after a 15 hour day in the field, or an 8 hour day at the office...

Sakarisei
Jan 31, 2013, 03:49 AM
Oh, Kuronen. Actually, in my spanish blog (Yeah, unafortunately in spanish) i'm gathering information of PSO2's lore thanks to Kion's translation. If you're a player who plays in ship 2, you can add me in your friendlist for talking with you about roleplaying. The unique point is that i reccomend you roleplaying in the ridiculous NA/EU server because the language and getting a client totally in english. However, seeing your character, i'm much more powerful than you. The only role that i can imagine is about training your char to being a better ARKS, but not a partner of adventures...

For more information, search Shinjin-Keito as an ID.

Greetings.

Aquayoshi
Feb 1, 2013, 12:17 PM
I tend to RP around friends who already know my character's backstory (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2888613&postcount=115) a little.

Becoming a neurotic, ornithophobic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornithophobia) (Luna HATES Rappies), sometimes overly-dramatic, and yet nonetheless heroic millennia-old Cast girl who was born a human and still seems to be one on the inside (illogical, emotional behavior included) is great fun, and I recommend RPing for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

EDIT:
RPing tips:

Giving your character funny quirks is a great way to make things more silly and fun; Luna's aforementioned ornithophobia causes her to hate and fear any and all birds. One time, she freaked out at a party member because his armor looked vaguely birdlike, and everyone had to coax her out from behind the rock she was hiding behind (and taking potshots at said party member from). The original quirk was to be "Hates Rappies", but I then I thought about it, and a phobia of birds seemed to have better comedic potential.
Corollary to the above: RPing like that can be amusing, but don't let it become annoying. When your party members seem to be getting irritated, move on with normal gameplay, even if it means breaking character and saying "[Okay, I'll stop. Yeah, getting a bit out of hand tbh]".
Becoming someone you're not lets you step out of yourself and look at things from a different perspective; for example, Luna Ralenz likes all genres of music, whereas I (the player) only really like classic rock (i.e. Van Halen, Queen, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Rush, etc.) and old-school heavy metal. (i.e. Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and maybe even Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin may fit under this.) You have to consciously act against what you'd usually do, and it's a mentally stimulating process.
At the same time, it also lets you see yourself clearer-- when deciding what personality traits I was going to give Luna, I found that she and I deal with people in the same way.
Adding to the above, write what you know. RPing someone with a completely different personality is going to be harder than RPing someone with a similar (but slightly different) one. Luna's phobia of birds is easy to RP for me because I have a phobia of bees (http://www.scp-wiki.net/bees), wasps, and any other flying, stinging insect. It's not the same phobia, but I know what it feels like to experience irrational fear towards something laughable. (It's not as severe as it was when I was a little kid, but a wasp in the room still commands my attention and makes me sweat.)
Adding even further onto the above, your own flaws make great character quirks if they are exaggerated and changed just slightly. People ask me: "Are you allergic?" and I have to reply: "No, I'm just scared of them." Usually a mixture of amusement and pity follows. Again, this can (and does) result in highly comical situations.
I only use autowords that display fairly infrequently (no more than about once or twice per mission), so as to not annoy other people. I also try to make them fairly telling about my character's nature. For example, my level-up messages imply that she is not growing in power, she is regaining power she's lost. Or her death/revival messages showing that she doesn't want to be a burden to her comrades.
Have fun with it. If it gets tedious, just break character and stop.

I've got a friend who actively stays in character, but she'll go ooc if we've got an upcoming emergency mission or something. It's also amusing to engage her into an RP despite me not giving Hawk a backstory. I haven't seen anybody but her roleplay, but there's gotta be someone else out there who would RP. :3

Would that be me you're talking about? :3
Luna: "It's fun to pretend to be yandere for you, Hawk."

Kuronen
Feb 4, 2013, 03:16 AM
I tend to RP around friends who already know my character's backstory (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2888613&postcount=115) a little.

Becoming a neurotic, ornithophobic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornithophobia) (Luna HATES Rappies), sometimes overly-dramatic, and yet nonetheless heroic millennia-old Cast girl who was born a human and still seems to be one on the inside (illogical, emotional behavior included) is great fun, and I recommend RPing for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

EDIT:
RPing tips:

Giving your character funny quirks is a great way to make things more silly and fun; Luna's aforementioned ornithophobia causes her to hate and fear any and all birds. One time, she freaked out at a party member because his armor looked vaguely birdlike, and everyone had to coax her out from behind the rock she was hiding behind (and taking potshots at said party member from). The original quirk was to be "Hates Rappies", but I then I thought about it, and a phobia of birds seemed to have better comedic potential.
Corollary to the above: RPing like that can be amusing, but don't let it become annoying. When your party members seem to be getting irritated, move on with normal gameplay, even if it means breaking character and saying "[Okay, I'll stop. Yeah, getting a bit out of hand tbh]".
Becoming someone you're not lets you step out of yourself and look at things from a different perspective; for example, Luna Ralenz likes all genres of music, whereas I (the player) only really like classic rock (i.e. Van Halen, Queen, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Rush, etc.) and old-school heavy metal. (i.e. Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and maybe even Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin may fit under this.) You have to consciously act against what you'd usually do, and it's a mentally stimulating process.
At the same time, it also lets you see yourself clearer-- when deciding what personality traits I was going to give Luna, I found that she and I deal with people in the same way.
Adding to the above, write what you know. RPing someone with a completely different personality is going to be harder than RPing someone with a similar (but slightly different) one. Luna's phobia of birds is easy to RP for me because I have a phobia of bees (http://www.scp-wiki.net/bees), wasps, and any other flying, stinging insect. It's not the same phobia, but I know what it feels like to experience irrational fear towards something laughable. (It's not as severe as it was when I was a little kid, but a wasp in the room still commands my attention and makes me sweat.)
Adding even further onto the above, your own flaws make great character quirks if they are exaggerated and changed just slightly. People ask me: "Are you allergic?" and I have to reply: "No, I'm just scared of them." Usually a mixture of amusement and pity follows. Again, this can (and does) result in highly comical situations.
I only use autowords that display fairly infrequently (no more than about once or twice per mission), so as to not annoy other people. I also try to make them fairly telling about my character's nature. For example, my level-up messages imply that she is not growing in power, she is regaining power she's lost. Or her death/revival messages showing that she doesn't want to be a burden to her comrades.
Have fun with it. If it gets tedious, just break character and stop.

Would that be me you're talking about? :3
Luna: "It's fun to pretend to be yandere for you, Hawk."

She sounds like a really cool character! :D

And that is all good advice/reasons to RP, thanks for posting it up. ^-^

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 4, 2013, 03:20 AM
(Luna HATES Rappies)
Hmph.

Kuronen
Feb 4, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hmph.

N-now now! :D

Zyrusticae
Feb 4, 2013, 04:17 AM
[spoiler-box]
RPing tips:

Have fun with it. If it gets tedious, just break character and stop.[/spoiler-box]
Good stuff.

I would add that, in the character creation phase, it's good to think up physical traits that reflect your character's chosen personality. For example, pretty much everyone can tell at a glance that Aiza (the character at the left in my sig) is a dark, morbid, narcissistic, and possibly psychopathic girl woman, simply because of the expression she wears and the way she dresses. The fact that the game lets you affect your character's facial expression in meaningful ways really helps with this.

Of course, sometimes you just wanna throw stuff on there because it looks cool (we're all guilty of this at some point, I imagine), but at least think about how you would justify that to your character. I personally refuse to put any particularly feminine outfits on Teranu (middle character in sig); all of that stuff goes straight to Aiza, and even she won't wear anything that's "fluffy" (little prim, candy crown, yellow jacket, the maid outfits, so on and so forth). Throwing on lots of stuff willy-nilly can be fun at times but can also damage your own perception of your character (as in they lose definition), so it's best to keep that in check. If you find yourself unable to pick a particular style or personality for your character, you might need to do a bit of soul-searching.

Dycize
Feb 4, 2013, 08:35 AM
Good advices all around.

Though no one mentionned meta-gaming and god moding.
Meta gaming is using info the player knows but not the character. It can be pretty annoying if someone is trying to be mysterious-ey but someone else read the char's backstory on the forums and ruins everything by spilling the beans or making way too much allusions to the backstory. It doesn't come up too much in casual RP but it's best to avoid ruining all the fun of naturally discovering others' characters. Also if you play a psychic of sorts, know that it's very creepy to poke into the minds of people to learn of their childhood trauma before even telling them "Hello".

God moding is one of the most terrible things a player can do. It's being a Mary Sue and other atrocities. Things like saying "My character attack yours and cuts off its arm" or "I use my mind god power and you start dancing disco". Generally forcing your will on others. Trying to attack is okay, but let the other player react.
There's also reactive god modding, where nothing will affect your character ever (it's okay to play a space ninja, but it's not to use it as an excuse to dodge everything ever without breaking a sweat). Everyone has the right to shine, not just your character.

Also people playing actual gods or overpowered beings just make me wonder "What's the point?" (unless it's entirely for fun with people you know well).

Anyway, I get the feeling people could meet up a bit to RP (my char's name is in my sig, you can search it in game), since it's kind of the point of this topic =p Looking forward to this.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 4, 2013, 10:42 PM
I would totally rp! I'm from CH in tera as well. I've asked friends in pso2 if they were ever going to rp or get into it in a game like this, most of them lolled at me or didn't know what I was talking about.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 4, 2013, 10:53 PM
So true. There should be a role players' meet and greet or something. I would definitely be into it. Sorry for the double post X_x

Vintasticvin
Feb 4, 2013, 11:00 PM
So true. There should be a role players' meet and greet or something. I would definitely be into it. Sorry for the double post X_x

I approve of this idea ten folds!

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 5, 2013, 11:12 AM
So are all the RPers in PSO on ship 10 or ship 2?

Dycize
Feb 5, 2013, 11:23 AM
The organised ones are on Ship 10, currently Ship 2 is trying to get people together, hope it'll work out for us =)

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 5, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hmmmm Just the matter of choosing which on to go with.

Vintasticvin
Feb 5, 2013, 01:01 PM
The organised ones are on Ship 10, currently Ship 2 is trying to get people together, hope it'll work out for us =)

True, ship 10 is more organised but the player base is unscattered whereas ship has a rooted player base but is hoping to develop an RP commute.

Kuronen
Feb 5, 2013, 01:18 PM
I'm on Ship 2. I'm thinking of puttering around Ship 10 a little to see how that goes. Ship 2 Lobby 20 just is mostly the luls crowd and the random AFKers laying on the floor for...Hours on end lmao.

Edit: I would be down to help organize something for a sort of OoC meet and greet to see how everyone falls in and to try and iron out maybe a little small RP session.

If we're going to do that, I'd say generally having people post a day of the week (or multiple) and a time (with timezone or maybe just a time in Eastern Time) in which a meet and greet would work for them would be a good way to start it off!

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 5, 2013, 01:23 PM
I would be down for this for sure.

Dycize
Feb 5, 2013, 01:32 PM
I think doing something on the week end would be good, though time zones are probably going to prove annoying, what with the 6~9 hours difference between NA and EU (I'm EU btw).

Ideally, early afternoon for NA/night for EU could work out nice I think.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 5, 2013, 02:33 PM
I'll roleplay the shit out of all of you even though I've never done it before

Kuronen
Feb 6, 2013, 06:31 AM
Well, I'd be glad to help organize anything I can. Sitting in the lobby staring at all the walls of text when I don't wanna grind gets boring! At the very least, gathering the like-minded folk who want to RP may help create a community to at least chatter and make friends in. :D

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 6, 2013, 09:57 AM
Like I said I would be down for this. We should get something together to do this.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 7, 2013, 12:31 AM
*Gets excited* Again, I'd be totally for this! Would be cool if we all role-played when we're not doing missions. And even so, rping in missions would be fun too. Adds a feel of adventure.

Rien
Feb 7, 2013, 12:55 AM
Before we start going "Yeah lets do this" etc etc I'd like to see how many of us are in ship 2/10 and how many of us are somewhere else.

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 7, 2013, 01:53 AM
Im on Ship 2 but willing to go to ship 10

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 7, 2013, 01:54 AM
If anyones on ship 2 for the time being. Hit me up with a PM and friend request.

GT: Ichiro Shimori

Brimcon
Feb 7, 2013, 03:36 AM
I am currently on Ship 2, though I have to do some patches, I would love to RP with you guys.

I did try to go to Ship 10 once, but.. It was hard to get away from Ship 2, as I had already established and ACed that account/character.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 7, 2013, 03:50 AM
I'm on ship 2 ofcourse, Verra Skyhart

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 7, 2013, 03:58 AM
Ill add you Verra

Syklo
Feb 7, 2013, 04:05 AM
Not to go off topic but.....verra, isn't that signature waaaay beyond boundaries in terms of forum rules?

I felt like pointing it out.
Also, ship 8, as per signature, but no one else goes/is there.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 7, 2013, 04:48 AM
oops, It probably is, fixing it!

Edit: Better?

Syklo
Feb 7, 2013, 05:00 AM
I think that'll do.

Brimcon
Feb 7, 2013, 04:27 PM
So do we have a list of people on Ship 2? Or is it just us four so far?

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2013, 04:49 PM
It probably would have been a good idea to make it a Public Poll (meaning, you can see who voted for which options), to make it easier to see who would be for it, and who wouldn't. Just thought I'd say.

Kuronen
Feb 7, 2013, 07:18 PM
It probably would have been a good idea to make it a Public Poll (meaning, you can see who voted for which options), to make it easier to see who would be for it, and who wouldn't. Just thought I'd say.

Haha, you're probably right....But I've never worked with a poll on this site before, so I was just sort of half-asleep stabbing at buttons to try and put the thread together. ^^;

Nikoshae
Feb 7, 2013, 07:39 PM
I've always been a roleplayer at heart, though I rarely get to in MMO's. I wouldn't mind joining in, but I'm new to the game, and new to this game's lore lol ... so I don't know.

I really don't want to just resort to amnesia. Too overplayed lol

Anyway, Nikoshae on ship 2 is interested. Once I get past the tutorial.

Totori
Feb 7, 2013, 07:51 PM
How about making a well organized group on this website, that might help?

Brimcon
Feb 7, 2013, 08:48 PM
My question is, where should we meet on ship 2? Do we have a block in mind?

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 7, 2013, 11:44 PM
Hmmmmm Block 30 is my suggestion.

S u r i
Feb 8, 2013, 03:07 AM
Oh great. Did I miss it? I didn't even know something like this was going on. I hope I didn't miss. Did I miss it?

Ah man...I hope it didn't miss me...Did I miss it?

In case I didn't ask...

Did I miss it?

Brimcon
Feb 8, 2013, 04:39 AM
I don't think so, we never really got together, I don't know how many are actually interested anymore.

Rien
Feb 8, 2013, 06:59 AM
The PSO2 Ship 2 Roleplayers list (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204483)

I made dis on a whim so you guys can get together.

Kuronen
Feb 8, 2013, 07:03 AM
I don't think so, we never really got together, I don't know how many are actually interested anymore.

Whoa there man/woman! You're jumping the gun, we're still organizing things and putting it together. :D

You shouldn't start talking like people lost interest when there is a new page added to the threat almost every day or so, of more people giving ship info and things. ^^;

You'll discourage more people from joining!

Rien
Feb 8, 2013, 07:04 AM
So I didn't need to make the list? o_o

Kuronen
Feb 8, 2013, 07:07 AM
So I didn't need to make the list? o_o

Oh no, the list is a great thing! I just don't want people to talk in a way to make it seem like people lost interest.

The list is just one more bit of proof that everything is still being put together. :D

And thank you for the list. ^^

Rien
Feb 8, 2013, 07:25 AM
You should update the first post in the thread with a link to the list.

Kuronen
Feb 8, 2013, 08:27 AM
You should update the first post in the thread with a link to the list.

Done and done! Even stuck it in my siggy.

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 09:13 AM
I demand an ingame meeting TONIGHT!!!!

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 09:38 AM
I demand an ingame meeting TONIGHT!!!!

I'd love to be there, but I have plans already lol ... and I'll be fidgeting all through them. I wanna play PSO2 XD

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 11:15 AM
I'd love to be there, but I have plans already lol ... and I'll be fidgeting all through them. I wanna play PSO2 XD

Ah no worries Nikoniko life comes first as for everyone else interested we should meet up in one of the club rooms to discuss these matters and don't be afraid of asking ship 10 for advice :3 They too are part of the RP community as well and could act as guides from time to time.

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 8, 2013, 11:56 AM
Im down for it for today. We need a time though.

Nikoshae
Feb 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
I'm personally inclined to spontaneous RP with people ... while I don't have a persona for Nikoshae just yet I am usually in-character. I see Nikoshae being a young guy, precocious ... maybe not the strongest or smartest, but definitely clever. And easily amused.

Anyway, I do enjoy the big get-togethers, but it's easy to get lost in the crowd as any character. Specific events are a great way for people to get together, and spur some conversation.

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 12:41 PM
Ah no worries Nikoniko life comes first as for everyone else interested we should meet up in one of the club rooms to discuss these matters and don't be afraid of asking ship 10 for advice :3 They too are part of the RP community as well and could act as guides from time to time.

Thank you for the consideration! Our group has been going strong since the early days of PSU, so we've learned a few things that work and others that don't. We'd be happy to help out any way we could!

My biggest piece of advice is this: Be open in RP format and content. RPers are a creative bunch, for better and for worse, and too many rules or limits can kill the fun quick. I've seen lots of groups try and impose things like "your character profile must be approved to play with us" and "this is OUR plot, and you have to fit in perfectly". While there are exceptions, this format really doesn't work in a big open game like this-- people will just go elsewhere. It's far better to have a large community to play with and suffer through a few Sues (oftentimes, they get better) than to be too limiting and scare potential RPers off. From the ideas I've read, you guys seem to be off to a great start in this area.

Though we're pretty firmly entrenched on Ship 10 (and are always welcoming new folks!) I'd love to make an alt on Ship 2 to occasionally hang out with you guys and get some scenes in. Remember, forum RP can be a great way to expand your stories with people from different servers (or regions, when the day comes), too!

As for a meet-up, how about we aim for a two-day thing on Friday and Saturday, to accommodate the most schedules? Maybe around 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST so it can be after people are off work and school, and it's after the Valentine's meet-up? A poll may be best for deciding the time, though.

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 8, 2013, 12:45 PM
Thank you for the consideration! Our group has been going strong since the early days of PSU, so we've learned a few things that work and others that don't. We'd be happy to help out any way we could!

My biggest piece of advice is this: Be open in RP format and content. RPers are a creative bunch, for better and for worse, and too many rules or limits can kill the fun quick. I've seen lots of groups try and impose things like "your character profile must be approved to play with us" and "this is OUR plot, and you have to fit in perfectly". While there are exceptions, this format really doesn't work in a big open game like this-- people will just go elsewhere. It's far better to have a large community to play with and suffer through a few Sues (oftentimes, they get better) than to be too limiting and scare potential RPers off. From the ideas I've read, you guys seem to be off to a great start in this area.

Though we're pretty firmly entrenched on Ship 10 (and are always welcoming new folks!) I'd love to make an alt on Ship 2 to occasionally hang out with you guys and get some scenes in. Remember, forum RP can be a great way to expand your stories with people from different servers (or regions, when the day comes), too!

As for a meet-up, how about we aim for a two-day thing on Friday and Saturday, to accommodate the most schedules? Maybe around 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST so it can be after people are off work and school, and it's after the Valentine's meet-up? A poll may be best for deciding the time, though.

Hey There. I seen your site but I didnt know if it was active or not. Can you confirm if RPing in Ship 10 is the best place to go?

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hey There. I seen your site but I didnt know if it was active or not. Can you confirm if RPing in Ship 10 is the best place to go?

Our group is still fairly active-- we have a thread with screens from our recent in-game scenes, though I still need to update with last week's.

While you could definitely find RP with us and we'd love to have you, it's probably not the best option if you're already established on Ship 2. Ship 2 seems to have a sizable interest in RP, and the community looks to be off to a great start!

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 01:09 PM

*Gives you a warm toothy neko loli like smile* Yer welcome Rhedrimond I do my best to spread kindness through the hateful internet and I tend to follow you Ship Tenners via forums so my hunger for knowledge and information be sated :3

Dycize
Feb 8, 2013, 03:24 PM
Oh it'd be nice of you to come see us if we manage to kick things off.

Well at least I've started sending friend requests to people in the new Ship 2 roleplayer thread! I'm sure we can make things progress once we get in touch in game =)

Also, to all those people who'd be interested in RPing, don't hesitate to say it, 36 people voiced their interest with the poll, surely we can get things going with more people (and more people means more variety, and thus more fun RP occasions =o).

Totori
Feb 8, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm down for a meeting tonight 9pm EST sounds good for me on Ship 2.

Kuronen
Feb 8, 2013, 07:30 PM

Good advice all around! A lot of people do forget that roleplay is about forging a story with others, and simply having fun. Too many groups try to gain 'elitist' status by imposing harsh rules and making people go through hoops just to write with others.

It becomes a big clique, and that's not fun for anyone!

Hrmn. If I had to say a rule for Ship 2 Roleplay it would be three-fold.

1.) Have fun.
2.) Respect each other as we are all equal human beings and no one wants to be insulted or made fun of! Teasing between friends and trolling is vastly different.
3.) Be fair! No ONE character can be THE HERO of all ma-erm...PSO2 kind! Everyone needs to start off and build their own stories, but in a way that anyone else can come in!

That's just my thoughts on what you said. And we'll always welcome people from Ship 10 that decide to peek in or want to jump into any story they find! ^^

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 07:57 PM
Good advice all around! A lot of people do forget that roleplay is about forging a story with others, and simply having fun. Too many groups try to gain 'elitist' status by imposing harsh rules and making people go through hoops just to write with others.

It becomes a big clique, and that's not fun for anyone!

Hrmn. If I had to say a rule for Ship 2 Roleplay it would be three-fold.

1.) Have fun.
2.) Respect each other as we are all equal human beings and no one wants to be insulted or made fun of! Teasing between friends and trolling is vastly different.
3.) Be fair! No ONE character can be THE HERO of all ma-erm...PSO2 kind! Everyone needs to start off and build their own stories, but in a way that anyone else can come in!

That's just my thoughts on what you said. And we'll always welcome people from Ship 10 that decide to peek in or want to jump into any story they find! ^^

Very well spoken! Like you said, the heart of RP is just making stories with each other. :D

As for meeting up tonight, due to some work obligations I don't think I would be able to make it on time-- that, and I still have to make a character there (thank goodness for saveable character templates!). If we still try to meet-up tonight or tomorrow, maybe we could make an event topic for an "official" meet-up next weekend so there's enough time to get the word spread around?

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 8, 2013, 09:24 PM
Im available if anyone want to meet up!

Brimcon
Feb 8, 2013, 09:27 PM
I am currently on my way, Did we decide a block? 30 right?

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 09:42 PM
O_O WOW I didn't think my demand for organizing a meeting to discuss this matter would be taken serious!

Brimcon
Feb 8, 2013, 09:44 PM
Don't be so suprised! I want this to kick off with fervor.

Trish Digital Girl
Feb 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
I didn't miss anything did I? o.O

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 09:47 PM
I can hop on for a bit. Where at on block 30? Blue lounge?

Brimcon
Feb 8, 2013, 09:47 PM
I don't think so Trish. We should be meeting up, but I don't know where. Ship 2 is pretty vague.

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 8, 2013, 09:51 PM
Ship 2 Block 30 sounds like a plan if anyone wants to do that.

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 09:52 PM
How about we meet on Block 30 at the Blue Lounge on the second floor?

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 8, 2013, 09:56 PM
Thats fine with me

Totori
Feb 8, 2013, 09:57 PM
Sure on my way.

Rhedrimond
Feb 8, 2013, 10:51 PM
Hey guys! The first meet-up is going well, and we have made a PSO-W group for PSO2 RPers:

Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=452)

We'll be using this group to plan our first official meet-up for next Friday and Saturday, tentatively scheduled at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST / 11 AM JP. Join up today! :D

Kuronen
Feb 9, 2013, 01:01 AM
Hey guys! The first meet-up is going well, and we have made a PSO-W group for PSO2 RPers:

Phantasy Star Online 2 Roleplay (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=452)

We'll be using this group to plan our first official meet-up for next Friday and Saturday, tentatively scheduled at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST / 11 AM JP. Join up today! :D

Yay! I guess that means this thread has officially served it's purpose. ^^;

Mega Ultra Chicken
Feb 9, 2013, 01:47 AM
Wait a minute... this is still going on in someone's room? Who's room?

Rien
Feb 9, 2013, 02:16 AM
blue lounge block 30 in ship 2 as far as I remember. dunno if they moved.

Edit: They moved to Sylvia's room.

SkyeNorvil
Feb 9, 2013, 03:22 AM
RP session on Ship 2 started around 9 PM EST. Got done at 3:20 AM EST. It was really fun and a very nice break from the monotony of the game. Even did a Dark Falz run without breaking character.

I'd say this was a resounding success.

Brimcon
Feb 9, 2013, 03:27 AM
Glad to have partaken, Was fun being impromtu leader. Though I had to leave early.

Kuronen
Feb 9, 2013, 05:27 AM
Wait a minute... this is still going on in someone's room? Who's room?

Yugioh abridged @ Your name?

S u r i
Feb 9, 2013, 10:14 PM
Just in case anyone missed it, there is a group for PSO2 Roleplaying now. And we are meeting at RIGHT NOW. GET YOUR BUTTS ONLINE. Naw, I'm kidding. But if you wanna hang out or something, Blue Lounge, Block 30. Ship 02. Look for Sylvia.

And here's a link to the group. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=452)

Freshellent
Feb 10, 2013, 12:19 AM
I came out of hiding simply to say:

WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU PEOPLE ALL THIS TIME?

Serious, I had no idea anyone cared 'bout RP round these parts.

Props to all of you.

Vintasticvin
Feb 10, 2013, 01:13 AM
I came out of hiding simply to say:

WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU PEOPLE ALL THIS TIME?

Serious, I had no idea anyone cared 'bout RP round these parts.

Props to all of you.

Thats what I'm wanting to know and thanks Icespike also its good to finally come out and weave stories and such with others :D Such a huge refresher over mindless slaying :<

Kuronen
Feb 10, 2013, 02:39 AM
I'm honestly surprised no one started this topic before I did. o.o' Since there are so many with an interest in this.

Ichiro Shimori
Feb 10, 2013, 04:47 AM
Well the game delivers a great experience for RPing. I mean everything his here to do it. So it honestly does come to a shock to me that there isnt much of it going on but im glad we are getting it together though.