PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Still no news on Western release?

Poubelle
Jan 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
wasn't it supposed to be in testing by now or something? :-?

I have no interest in playing on the Japanese server.

They could at least update their PSO2 English website with their progress. :rant:

The Walrus
Jan 30, 2013, 01:35 PM
Here we go again.

When there is info, it'll on the front page of this site.

Poubelle
Jan 30, 2013, 01:36 PM
I'm more complaining that there's no info than I am asking if there is any.

The Walrus
Jan 30, 2013, 01:39 PM
No point giving info really. They'll likely announce when the beta or release is gonna happen like a month or so before. Nothing else really needs to be mentioned.

Income Taxs
Jan 30, 2013, 01:40 PM
I'm more complaining that there's no info than I am asking if there is any.

You and like a hundred others. As already stated, when new info comes out, it will be posted. I'm also curious as to when the NA/EU version will be released, but there's other things to do with life than to sit and think about when :)

Chik'Tikka
Jan 30, 2013, 01:40 PM
you know about as much as we so, just that they announced last July that PSO2 would have a western release sometime in 2013, they even bought out PSO2.com and that it was featured at the penny arcade expo+^_^+

Poubelle
Jan 30, 2013, 01:41 PM
No point? What about building hype and keeping fans informed instead of in the dark?

Income Taxs
Jan 30, 2013, 01:42 PM
No point? What about building hype and keeping fans informed instead of in the dark?

Do you want constant updates on their bugs and coding progress like some overbearing parent? Honestly I'd get annoyed by the hounding too...

The Walrus
Jan 30, 2013, 01:43 PM

If you want info and hype look at the JP release.

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2013, 01:55 PM
I know it's not what you're looking for OP, and don't mean to come off as a dick, but...

http://www.pso-world.com/

The front page really will have info on this sort of thing the day it's announced.

Here's the page with the PSO2 filter: http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2

You can also add this to your RSS reader, if you feel so inclined. That's what I do when I want to get info like that. If it's not a story I care about, I mark it read like all the other stories I get but don't care about.

UnLucky
Jan 30, 2013, 02:03 PM

Which Sega are you talking about?

Vintasticvin
Jan 30, 2013, 02:16 PM

Yeeeeaaaah.... Sega is that shady looking guy in a dark ally with goods also as the others have said when news about the international release is unveiled you can bet your butt it'll be posted on the front page but if you're antsy you could always try getting past the hiragana capchas just to play the game for now, play on one of many fan made things I got in trouble with talkinv about in the past (Thanks for keeping me in check all these years Mike and Ketchup), play other games or Live Life <3 :)

Akaimizu
Jan 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
All in all, if it comes to advertising Phantasy Star anything, in the west, Pso-world has done much more than SEGA has for a good number of years. Want Phantasy Star news, come here, not Sega US. Been like that since the early 2000s.

Only in Japan does Sega go all out with Phantasy Star promotion. Heck, Capcom's Western Monster Hunter campaign is stronger, though to be fair, they only made such a push starting with Monster Hunter Tri.

bluefan
Jan 30, 2013, 03:26 PM
Do you want constant updates on their bugs and coding progress like some overbearing parent? Honestly I'd get annoyed by the hounding too...

I'm sure no one was asking for constant updates about the development process like debugging.

Just, you know, something professional like a nod to their fans/customers that the localization is alive and well, and that they haven't been taken over by zombies.

Honestly, going this long without a peep isn't just unprofessional, it's down right insulting.

Cagedtaytay
Jan 30, 2013, 03:38 PM
People. Stop making this thread.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2013, 04:06 PM
It's a bad game anyway; find something else to play.

UnLucky
Jan 30, 2013, 05:26 PM

^this

LoneFratello
Feb 1, 2013, 01:24 AM
i came across a small update i guess. i copy and pasted this from
http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/#comment-85125

comment #191

Step up to the challenge? Mr. Katalio, I’m not sure you’ve actually read anything I’ve said. Just because you say you are throwing down the gauntlet does not mean a gauntlet has been thrown down. That’s not how this works.

First, I can’t answer every question about this game. I’m not a developer and I’m not here to divulge everything about it — I am a community manager and that’s my role; I can talk with you about information we have made public about the game in the West. That’s it. If I did more than that, I would not be working here anymore. So you can call me out all you want, and demand answers, but that doesn’t mean I can give them to you.

Does this make sense? I am not just *choosing* to not tell you what you are asking. We have announced this game and you are demanding a list of specifics we are not ready to discuss. I cannot set the schedule on how to discuss these things — we will discuss everything we can, when we can. That’s not me avoiding the question; that is the actual answer. I am sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s where we are at. You’ll find this is true for every major game from every major publisher.

Second, I literally never said what you are saying I did about free to play. In fact, I said the opposite. Mr. Katalio, please. This is not a political election. Let’s not play that game. Here is what I have said: Free to Play games have changed dramatically even in the past year — major AAA titles are now free to play, and that is the arena one competes in with a F2P title. *In my opinion, it puts the competitive onus entirely on the publisher/developer; a player can leave at any time so to keep something good and compelling, no one can depend on a monthly subscription.*

There is a lot of feeling in the gaming community that subscription games are a license to keep users going from month to month. I don’t feel this way, and customers can and will leave a subscription game if they are not pleased — but that hardly matters what just I think — I understand the sentiment and I see the point. What I have said, multiple times, is that a free to play game means that the game itself has to be up to snuff. It means all those questions about content are such that if the content is not there, then the game has no revenue. No one is hanging on just to see what might happen in another week. They simply go elsewhere, and don’t play, and don’t pay. And the more people do that, the fewer might return even if what they want is added.

In other words, the game needs to be good, and it needs to meet expectations in a reasonable way. We all are aware of PSO2 in Japan and that’s clearly what is setting the expectations, at least in part — my opinion is this is a wonderful game, but of course, you don’t need to take my word for it.

If you want to ignore the answers I have given you, that’s fine, but I am not suddenly going to divulge all details. The game will come out when it comes out and we will do our absolute best to make it something fans are happy with and want to play. That’s our job! And that is my response now. If you want to ask about information we have already discussed, that’s one thing, and I will be happy to discuss that with you. If not, then my answers will not be changing from what I have already given.

Posted by Edward@Sega on December 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

so it seem they are still in the testing/closed alpha stage.

Noblewine
Feb 1, 2013, 01:32 AM
The short answer is there has been some news on the PSO-World homepage. Someone posted the link and I haven't been able to find it. I dunno what's going on with SoA and I hope they are working on the game because of how they've been keeping everyone in the dark about the game developement.
I need to get around to joining the JP hub can't find the information.

The Walrus
Feb 1, 2013, 01:39 AM
No point reporting something until they have something to report

Alisha
Feb 1, 2013, 01:45 AM
just something to think about. the legality of scratches could be a potential hurdle. no if ands or buts scratches ARE a lottery system.

Noblewine
Feb 1, 2013, 01:58 AM
No point reporting something until they have something to report

How much iinformation did that one post on the front page give, it mut have had something.

Mike
Feb 1, 2013, 02:09 AM
just something to think about. the legality of scratches could be a potential hurdle. no if ands or buts scratches ARE a lottery system.
That the legalities covering cash shops are different in every country is the given reason as to why any non-Japanese versions of PSO2 will use seperate servers.

The reason given as to why the different versions will use different servers was that laws covering cash shops are different in each country so lawyers figuring out the best way to include a legal cash shop system that maximizes profits for Sega is a very likely hurdle to PSO2's English release.

EDIT: I can't help but think that eventually they'll just go with something exactly like what happens in Japan and then people will get angry because the reason Sega gave for the servers being seperate wasn't the real reason they were made that way.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 1, 2013, 02:32 AM
STOP MAKING THIS THREAD PEOPLE.
STOP.
STAWWWWWHP.

EvilMag
Feb 1, 2013, 02:39 AM
IIRC the NA version of Grand Chase uses the same scratch system that PSO2 uses so I don't think they are changing that.

blace
Feb 1, 2013, 02:39 AM
STOP.
STAWWWWWHP.

Why don't you do something about it?

Anyway, just let them release the updates at their own discretion. It won't be brought about any sooner if people keep asking.

Mike
Feb 1, 2013, 02:56 AM
IIRC the NA version of Grand Chase uses the same scratch system that PSO2 uses so I don't think they are changing that.
I don't think they'll change it either and that's disappointing. Even though the "scratch system" is just a facade for the standard gacha/lottery system with the illusion of choice and even if other games are using a similar system legally outside of Japan, Sega using it's legal department to make sure scams like this are actually legal undoubtedly takes time.

Retehi
Feb 1, 2013, 03:04 AM
STOP.
STAWWWWWHP.

your reply totally helps tard.

Team Fortress 2 has crates you can open with "mann co keys" you buy from valve's store, $2.50 a pop, or $1.50 from unofficial sources. You have the potential of opening something worth thousands of dollars to someone. Dota 2 does it now also.

If they can do it, anyone else can, so the legality part is a load of bull.

Coatl
Feb 1, 2013, 09:14 AM

^this

This is why I love pso-world.

Kion
Feb 1, 2013, 09:20 AM
Japan get's a roadmap for all of the great content for another year and NA gets.... *cricket chirps* :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Feb 1, 2013, 09:35 AM
Japan get's a roadmap for all of the great content for another year and NA gets.... *cricket chirps* :wacko:

Well, its actually only until the 1 year anniversary, so it's more like...

6/7 months? Either way, a progress report on the Int. version wouldn't hurt to make fans waiting for that version feel like...they actually matter. ^^;

Inb4lolSegadoesn'tcare

Coatl
Feb 1, 2013, 09:52 AM
I feel bad for all the pso fans waiting on the pso2 NA release. :s
They're all like, "SEGA, WE BELIEVE IN YOU! WE HAVE HOPE IN YOU!"
But Sega's all like, "NO! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ALREADY!? I'LL CRUSH YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY ALL THE WHLE!"

Meji
Feb 1, 2013, 10:32 AM
But Sega's all like, "NO! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ALREADY!? I'LL CRUSH YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY ALL THE WHLE!"Radrappy's comic pretty much sums it all up.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://visublog.mechafetus.com/img/src/1252480260119.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Akaimizu
Feb 1, 2013, 12:09 PM
Interesting that the Radrappy comic, since it talks about Sonic, doesn't have weight for Sonic anymore. Sonic fans have reason to be excited for a new Sonic game again. They, more or less, have redeemed themselves.

As for the gatcha, I don't think they'll have legal issues to deal with it much. It is a free-to-play game and a good number of them have been doing it legally for years. Even one such game (as had topics about it on this very site) Dungeon Fighter US/PC had the same exact system for avatar items for years. It's only in the last year or so when they removed the Gatcha system in favor of buying specific pieces and packs. That might be a direction SEGA takes, so they might not keep Gatcha forever.

•Col•
Feb 1, 2013, 02:43 PM
your reply totally helps tard.

Team Fortress 2 has crates you can open with "mann co keys" you buy from valve's store, $2.50 a pop, or $1.50 from unofficial sources. You have the potential of opening something worth thousands of dollars to someone. Dota 2 does it now also.

If they can do it, anyone else can, so the legality part is a load of bull.

You don't have to pay anything to get keys in TF2/DOTA. You can trade for them.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Feb 1, 2013, 02:52 PM
Problem is Sega does not know what its doing and has always been run by Xenophobic elitists. take for example Nintendo. Nintendo crosses world wide, and learned that the western market makes them a Huge piece of their profits. They even released the WiiU in the USA 1st and have worked really hard to build the market out side of some issues that where later resolved (last story and xenoblade). Hell even Sony has a good world wide understanding. Microsoft, is kinda the opposite of Sega where they mostly don't know what they are doing out side the USA, but at least they try like hell to get out there. When I think Segas this is what I see.
http://www.mukyou.com/tyron.jpg

Retehi
Feb 1, 2013, 06:27 PM
You don't have to pay anything to get keys in TF2/DOTA. You can trade for them.

I'm well aware of this seeing as I been trading since the conception of Mann Co all those years ago. Point is the keys only come from Valve, which means there is always someone spending real money on them. For themselves, or for trade purposes.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 1, 2013, 08:34 PM
They even released the WiiU in the USA 1st and have worked really hard to build the market out side of some issues that where later resolved (last story and xenoblade).

Oh there are plenty of games that Nintendo never resolved, but one of the best known examples is the Mother series (Known as Earthbound in the west.)

Anyway just as a thought, is Sega showing up at any Cons in the future? If so perhaps someone in the local area should stop by and ask for an update from a rep in person? They may be able to say a little more since it would be off the record so to speak...

Kion
Feb 1, 2013, 10:32 PM
There's also Fatal Frame 4 for Wii that NoA managed to royally screw up.

blace
Feb 1, 2013, 10:37 PM
So it's not SoA then, but Japan and its views on the west. Makes sense to me.

Skyly
Feb 1, 2013, 11:01 PM
I wish they'd just cancel the NA/EU PSO2 version.. At least I wouldn't have to check the PSOW page everyday just to get let down everytime..

A PSO2 update road map is a slap in the face to the WEST..
The smartphone version even got a shoutout

Kazzi
Feb 1, 2013, 11:25 PM
I wish they'd just cancel the NA/EU PSO2 version.. At least I wouldn't have to check the PSOW page everyday just to get let down everytime..

A PSO2 update road map is a slap in the face to the WEST..
The smartphone version even got a shoutout

Don't put ideas in Sega's heads D:

It'll come out... eventually. :(

holmwood
Feb 5, 2013, 03:41 PM
I fear hard-core localization to "suit" the Western audience is what's taking so long. Probably make it children friendly like ****in tera.

From my limited experience with localized games, I can predict the following:
Boob augmentation cancelled, harsher exp requirements, costume changes for female characters (you know what I mean), toning down of leda's effeminate charcteristics, cheap voice overs, and maybe even grinders sold in AC shop. ^^;

Of course, they could give the game a mature rating to preserve the quality of the games, but these game publishers focus on only profits...

There's also that symbol arts deal, but not sure how they would ever censor that... XD

gigawuts
Feb 5, 2013, 03:43 PM
The boob slider is literally a major selling point. It's in every major trailer. It's probably why half the players even signed up.

holmwood
Feb 5, 2013, 03:46 PM
The boob slider is literally a major selling point. It's in every major trailer. It's probably why half the players even signed up.

That statement is very true. Why else are they adding in jiggle physics next update? XD

UnLucky
Feb 5, 2013, 04:15 PM
It's why I'm playing this over Rift.

Shadowth117
Feb 5, 2013, 04:52 PM
I fear hard-core localization to "suit" the Western audience is what's taking so long. Probably make it children friendly like ****in tera.

From my limited experience with localized games, I can predict the following:
Boob augmentation cancelled, harsher exp requirements, costume changes for female characters (you know what I mean), toning down of leda's effeminate charcteristics, cheap voice overs, and maybe even grinders sold in AC shop. ^^;

Of course, they could give the game a mature rating to preserve the quality of the games, but these game publishers focus on only profits...

There's also that symbol arts deal, but not sure how they would ever censor that... XD

SEGA is lazy as all hell so I doubt that, especially for a game they haven't even advertised for months. And god knows PSU had slutty outfits that made it into the US version with a T rating (HI VOLOYAL SUIT AND BIKINI) so I don't see that going anywhere.

I would wager that all of that will stay the same overall. And honestly, the symbol arts being bad here? People have been doing stupid things with vector art systems like this, let alone ASCII for years.

Its likely that content wouldn't even be removed overall aside from promotional things licensed clearly to Japan like the Sony cats. More than likely, content will just come out at pretty much the same rate at a far later time with mediocre server quality. But that's just what I would wager .

Jim
Feb 5, 2013, 05:16 PM
I will still play the NA version, but chances are it'll be pretty crappy compared to the JP version. The English patch works amazingly well, and the story patch is right around the corner! Plus, Ship 2 Block 20 really is all English speakers. Like, I literally haven't met someone who wasn't fluent in English for days now and I'm on for 5+ hours a day.

Give it a try, man!

TheMagickHat77
Feb 5, 2013, 05:34 PM
But Sega's all like, "NO! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ALREADY!? I'LL CRUSH YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY ALL THE WHLE!"

So you're saying that Sega is Doo Doo incarnate?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/TheMagicHat/DooDoo1_zpsd12f4e40.jpg

Seriously, though, I can empathize with the people desperate with any kind of news. I'm getting kind of jittery, myself. Of course, the real heat will begin once SoA actually starts giving out news of what they'll be doing.

I'm stocking up on the popcorn for the inevitable drama.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm almost out of popcorn. Thanks for reminding me. I need to buy more.

UnLucky
Feb 5, 2013, 06:29 PM
Luckily unpopped kernels can last for years in a sealed container

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 5, 2013, 07:03 PM
Sorta offtopic but, if Crouch Miura (クラウチ・ミウラ I think) was translated into Kraz Muehler, Dudu, aka ドゥドゥ, what name(s) could get? o.o

jerrykun
Feb 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
He will be named Dude

Rien
Feb 5, 2013, 09:22 PM
That statement is very true. Why else are they adding in jiggle physics next update? XD

Wait, they are?

TheMagickHat77
Feb 5, 2013, 11:15 PM
Sorta offtopic but, if Crouch Miura (クラウチ・ミウラ I think) was translated into Kraz Muehler, Dudu, aka ドゥドゥ, what name(s) could get? o.o

Doom

Or if you want something kinda regular: Dick.

Both would suit him just fine, really. I honestly don't get the naming of some characters in this game sometimes.

Akaimizu
Feb 6, 2013, 12:21 PM
Doom

Or if you want something kinda regular: Dick.

Both would suit him just fine, really. I honestly don't get the naming of some characters in this game sometimes.

As long as he isn't simply translated by adding the surname "Brown". That would be too good for him.

gigawuts
Feb 6, 2013, 12:30 PM
Aren't a whole ton of NPC's named after minor celestial objects in our solar system? That's what finalized the decision on Dudu's name being Dudu, as opposed to Doudou or the other options people were caught up on.

edit: found dudu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/564_Dudu

Cagedtaytay
Feb 6, 2013, 12:30 PM
As long as he isn't simply translated by adding the surname "Brown". That would be too good for him.

;-; My last name is Brown....

Chik'Tikka
Feb 6, 2013, 12:35 PM
Aren't a whole ton of NPC's named after minor celestial objects in our solar system? That's what finalized the decision on Dudu's name being Dudu, as opposed to Doudou or the other options people were caught up on.

edit: found dudu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/564_Dudu

yes, it was confirmed by the Elglish oatch people that most of the lobby NPCs were named after celestial objects, i think even Zeno is included on that list+^_^+ never-mind, i think maybe Zeno came from the Greek paradoxes+^_^+ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes or were wrong and it's meant to be Xeno as in Xenophobia+^_^+

Akaimizu
Feb 6, 2013, 01:11 PM
;-; My last name is Brown....

So is a famous rap artist whose first name of stardom sounds exactly like the character in question. :)
And still, that name is too good for the guy who is more than happy to screw up item grinds.

Mike
Feb 6, 2013, 07:12 PM

Crouch's (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/world/character/crouch/) last name in Japanese is ミュラー so Muehler is accurate.

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 6, 2013, 08:54 PM
Crouch's (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/world/character/crouch/) last name in Japanese is ミュラー so Muehler an accurate.

I always thought it was Miura, like the Spanish surname.

TheMagickHat77
Feb 6, 2013, 08:59 PM
Oddly enough, the official artbook for PSP2 has his name as Crouch Muller, which is a bit off from ミュラー... >_>;

Now there's a bit of amusement that I'm waiting on. Once SoA announces the english names for the NPCs, just how far off will they be? Or how close to the original names will they be? And how many people will call SoA out for "copying the English patch" if the names do turn out to be accurate?

SC
Feb 6, 2013, 09:02 PM
Personally think its getting off topic here......

All I care about is PSO2's Vita EU/US release. That fact it's been announced about release, just not a date thats set in stone.

That is all.

Mike
Feb 6, 2013, 09:29 PM
Oddly enough, the official artbook for PSP2 has his name as Crouch Muller, which is a bit off from ミュラー... >_>;
Interestingly enough, both are just different spellings of the same name. (http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Muehler) I'm not very familiar with German names so Muehler personally seems to be a better way to get the intended pronunciation across ("ue" being ユ as opposed to a single "u" being ア as in to mull over a decision) than Muller but enough splitting hairs.

Or how close to the original names will they be? And how many people will call SoA out for "copying the English patch" if the names do turn out to be accurate?
Going back to Kraz vs Crouch, Sega has shown that they will change names to keep things clean so it wouldn't surprise me if ol' DooDoo had is name changed something completely different than his namesake. The important thing is that no matter what they change his name to, he will always be doodoo at heart.

striker0
Feb 7, 2013, 09:39 AM
Personally think its getting off topic here......

All I care about is PSO2's Vita EU/US release. That fact it's been announced about release, just not a date thats set in stone.

That is all.

If PSO2 does make it onto the Vita stateside, that will pretty much guarantee me buying one, since the price to actually replace my computer would be far more expensive.

But that also depends if Sega steps up their game, which looks to be a big fat no.

SC
Feb 7, 2013, 09:42 AM
If PSO2 does make it onto the Vita stateside, that will pretty much guarantee me buying one, since the price to actually replace my computer would be far more expensive.

But that also depends if Sega steps up their game, which looks to be a big fat no.

Striker0, it was the original reason why I asked for a Vita for christmas. Ok, I got Ragnarok Odyssey on it, which seems to do me for now, but I have the same reason as you. Vita > PC price wise.

It's been announced by SEGA, so we just need to wait for it.

Wyndham
Feb 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
I got my Vita on Halloween. I am really hoping that the PSO2 on the Vita will come to America.

blace
Feb 7, 2013, 11:42 PM
Striker0, it was the original reason why I asked for a Vita for christmas. Ok, I got Ragnarok Odyssey on it, which seems to do me for now, but I have the same reason as you. Vita > PC price wise.

It's been announced by SEGA, so we just need to wait for it.

It's only announced on Vita for Japan. It could end up being like how Infinity was, Japan only. Unless there is an announcement for a Vita version release outside of Japan, don't expect it to come.

SC
Feb 8, 2013, 07:17 AM
It's only announced on Vita for Japan. It could end up being like how Infinity was, Japan only. Unless there is an announcement for a Vita version release outside of Japan, don't expect it to come.

Well that sucks major balls..... looks like I'm playing the JP version on the Vita then. :-/

Tonkatsu
Feb 8, 2013, 07:53 PM
man we need to get a beta rollin' out or something. i downloaded the jp version. it just confused me. darn foreign languages.

SC
Feb 9, 2013, 10:31 AM
man we need to get a beta rollin' out or something. i downloaded the jp version. it just confused me. darn foreign languages.

Tonkatsu, amen to that. Infinity still confuses the hell out of me. But I see your point. SoA/SoE do need to roll out a open beta. But thats when they are looking closer to its release.

Jim
Feb 9, 2013, 10:34 AM

If you're having trouble getting the JP version installed and have already tried using the guide on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5928484/cant-wait-for-phantasy-star-online-2-heres-how-to-play-the-japanese-version), I could walk you through it in a Google Hangout. It's really cake once you understand what you're doing.

EDIT: You don't need anything for Google Hangout besides a mic and a Google+, GMail, or YouTube account. Even the mic's optional, but it's so much easier with a mic. It's in-browser, so no need to download an installer.

Tonkatsu
Feb 18, 2013, 03:44 AM
Tonkatsu, amen to that. Infinity still confuses the hell out of me. But I see your point. SoA/SoE do need to roll out a open beta. But thats when they are looking closer to its release.

i just hate the learning curve with familiarizing yourself with the menus/dialogue versus actual gameplay. i bought the japanese blue burst when it was released but that was just like ver. 1 & 2 so i had no problem getting used to it but confound these new menus! i registered to the wrong ship and now i can't hang out with anyone who speaks my language. over it.

Punisher106
Feb 18, 2013, 02:08 PM
Guys, the reason why there's no news on PSO2 outside of Japan is because this is what SoA is doing.
http://puu.sh/24FcG

yoshiblue
Feb 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
Barry needs to sneak something like that into a game grumps episode.

Cagedtaytay
Feb 18, 2013, 02:28 PM
Berry need to sneak something like that into a game grumps episode.

Barry.
You dont misspell the third Grumps name. EVAR.

yoshiblue
Feb 18, 2013, 02:29 PM
Fixed

Kitora
Feb 20, 2013, 12:02 AM
A month ago I wouldn't have been able to imagine playing the JP version.

Now I'm pretty sure that I'll be sticking to it. It's not confusing at all anymore thanks to Cirnopedia especially. I have a feeling the NA version will be behind in updates and may have a terrible community to boot.

moorebounce
Feb 20, 2013, 12:12 AM
I'm at a point as long as there are still patches to help english players play the JP version I don't feel the need to know or care when the NA/EU version drops.

Plus I'm not going through the testing phase again for the NA/EU release. I'll sign up but wait until your work transfers to the actual game like it did for the JP version.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 12:13 AM

Now I'm pretty sure that I'll be sticking to it. It's not confusing at all anymore thanks to Cirnopedia especially. I have a feeling the NA version will be behind in updates and may have a terrible community to boot.

This.

NoiseHERO
Feb 20, 2013, 12:17 AM
We already have a terrible community and the jp version is bad so even if the na/eu version is just as good, it'd only be just as bad. But easier to buy AC.

Menasthos
Feb 20, 2013, 12:25 AM
Let's see. We have eng patch. Now story patch. Some found a way to buy AC points. What exactly is the reason to wait their stupid NA version? Eng names of weapons maybe? :D (Say goodbye to netcafe points :D )

We already have a terrible community and the jp version is bad so even if the na/eu version is just as good, it'd only be just as bad. But easier to buy AC.
The only terrible community you have is the one made by eng players. Be sure ;)

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:29 AM

I'm glad to see someone else giving the JP version a shot despite not normally doing that sort of thing. I was the same way, and I've learned a lot in doing so. I don't use the english patch, and I've been able to casually pick up a lot of things by just playing with a reference sheet on another monitor. I highly recommend it, it's been a lot of fun and part of why I keep playing when something like grinding is frustrating me. It's like math blaster, with dodging.

(I actually liked math blaster in school, I guess I'm one of those weirdos that likes to learn things)

NoiseHERO
Feb 20, 2013, 12:32 AM
Let's see. We have eng patch. Now story patch. Some found a way to buy AC points. What exactly is the reason to wait their stupid NA version? Eng names of weapons maybe? :D (Say goodbye to netcafe points :D )

The only terrible community you have is the one made by eng players. Be sure ;)

Uhhh yeah thats what i meant. The en community we already have is only a shade away from typical(more weirdos) but yeah was mostly talking about en players IN the jp version.

Menasthos
Feb 20, 2013, 12:35 AM
Aye :D

jerrykun
Feb 20, 2013, 03:15 AM
Coming up next, flame an English game release just because you've played 1600+ hours with Japanese players in a Japanese server and now you're just as xenophobic.

Haha, jk, I love this game and I love the JP version.

These are the reasons that makes me wanna join the NA release:
- They don't seem to like outsiders, some are nice people but we can't understand each other's language.
- Hard to buy AC for the same reason, sometimes I think they would like it if I buy AC but at the same time they think I should not be doing that (coz I don't live in Japan).
- No NetCafe to play here so that part of the game is non existent for me.
- When I die during EQs, sometimes I think they see my name is not in Hiragana so they just ignore me.

This is just how I feel sometimes but I'm not sure if it's the truth, what's the real scenario?

Mike
Feb 20, 2013, 04:11 AM
- No NetCafe to play here so that part of the game is non existent for me.
You aren't missing anything.

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2013, 04:14 AM
You aren't missing anything.

What is it, anyway?

Is it really just a place you go to pay to sit in front of a computer other people have been using, and then do this for many many hours?

Why?

Xaeris
Feb 20, 2013, 04:17 AM
I liken it to an arcade; it's about the atmosphere. Plus, there's the much better computer hardware they can play on, since desktop gaming isn't that big over there, giving Japanese people less reason to own a gaming quality PC.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 04:20 AM
I've seen a few internet cafes in my area. Could just be Colorado though.

Mike
Feb 20, 2013, 04:56 AM
I liken it to an arcade; it's about the atmosphere. Plus, there's the much better computer hardware they can play on, since desktop gaming isn't that big over there, giving Japanese people less reason to own a gaming quality PC.
I wouldn't quite say it's the same as an arcade, at least not in Japan. Japanese internet cafes are all about booths so you're pretty much seperated from other humans unless you go in with a friend. Hardware-wise, that depends on the venue. For example: this is a map of a net cafe in Hokkaido (http://tool.runsystem.co.jp/shoplist/sc/image/seat/9931514.gif) and this is a map of one in Osaka (http://tool.runsystem.co.jp/shoplist/sc/image/seat/9931689.gif). The Hokkaido store only has a handful of high-spec PC while the Osaka store has a fair number of them. Both have general gaming computers though and when it comes to PSO2, the game wouldn't have trouble running at max settings on these. With the settings turned down, most Japanese home PC shouldn't have a problem playing either.

While playing at a net cafe, you get to be a premium member during your time. That means all the "benefits" premium normally provides like trading and access to your room. Of course, it's much more economical to buy premium for a month and play at home. You also earn 1 Cafe Point a minute playing at a cafe and you can exchange those later on for items. Most of the items (http://pso2.jp/netcafe/cafepoint/) are the standard trash items you can get from the FUN scratch. There are a few unique items but they require you to play for an hour to a full day to get. So it's not really worth it to play at a cafe if you can play at home.