PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble this update?

Skyly HUmar
Jan 30, 2013, 05:30 PM
Theres alot of things going wrong in my game.

So far my list of bugs are:

When i switch weapons sometimes it takes the one i switch to minutes to appear.
Equipment doesnt show up
Boss teleporters dont show up
Boss crystals/drops take very very long to show up
the game just freezes up completely for long periods of time
the bgm randomly stops and durring that i cant attack, dodge or change weapons.

Z-0
Jan 30, 2013, 05:32 PM
First one: Lag.
Second one: Lag.
Third: Lag.
Fourth: Lag.
Fifth: Lag.
Sixth: idk.

They all sound like lag because these are server-sided things. I'm having no problems.

Daiyousei
Jan 30, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sounds like symptoms of server lag to me, I don't feel anything different but have noticed that boss drops sometimes do take a while, everyone just runs around waiting for the crystal to appear.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 30, 2013, 05:40 PM
Is it really just lag? the game isnt lagging at all when I play. And ive never lagged in the game exept for when gameguard started acting yup, but that problem was fixed. I dont think its just lag since its only been happening since this update.

Shadowth117
Jan 30, 2013, 05:48 PM
Is it really just lag? the game isnt lagging at all when I play. And ive never lagged in the game exept for when gameguard started acting yup, but that problem was fixed. I dont think its just lag since its only been happening since this update.

Under most circumstances, all of the things you mentioned are the result of your connection to the server lagging.

blace
Jan 30, 2013, 05:49 PM
These actions are server sided, except music, no idea why it freezes like that.

Aeris
Jan 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
The 5th one is a client issue, not optimized due to standing in lobby for long periods of time and going to campship, another lobby, salon, my room since the game freezes there for a long period of time even on a good computer usually end up loading a min or two later or disconnected which i get most of the time.

Kasuma Izzigawa
Jan 30, 2013, 06:20 PM
The only problem I'm having is that I can't pass in a certain CO.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 30, 2013, 06:45 PM
The 5th one is a client issue, not optimized due to standing in lobby for long periods of time and going to campship, another lobby, salon, my room since the game freezes there for a long period of time even on a good computer usually end up loading a min or two later or disconnected which i get most of the time.

I never idle. 5 minutes is the most i do without being in a quest.

UnLucky
Jan 30, 2013, 07:26 PM

It doesn't feel laggy because moving around is client side, including mobs.

The Walrus
Jan 30, 2013, 07:27 PM
If mobs moving is client side why do banters occasionally teleport

Anduril
Jan 30, 2013, 07:40 PM
I've only noticed teleporting mobs when not playing solo. In these cases I chalk it up to the server repositioning and adjusting them relative to the data it is getting from all players as to their position.

MetalDude
Jan 30, 2013, 07:50 PM
I believe boss states are updated to everyone which is what can cause it to warp. It does indeed make Wolgahda, Banther, and Falz Arms completely unbearable.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 30, 2013, 10:18 PM
I forgot to mention, all of it happens when the music stops playing, thats why I think its wierd.

Macman
Jan 30, 2013, 10:50 PM
If mobs moving is client side why do banters occasionally teleport
Bosses are a special case and are kept in sync with the server on a move-by-move basis. That's why if you're lagging, you can see bosses suddenly teleport when they execute any of their actions.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 30, 2013, 11:17 PM
Bosses are a special case and are kept in sync with the server on a move-by-move basis. That's why if you're lagging, you can see bosses suddenly teleport when they execute any of their actions.

Thats another thing, bosses arnt teleporting for me either.

gundam0079
Jan 30, 2013, 11:53 PM
han since this update such as today Jan30, first time ive ever had connection issues. Everything takes forever. sometimes 5sec to 1min at a time. then i get booted due to server disconnection.....Maria was telling me about your connection woes tonight as well.

FacelessRed
Jan 31, 2013, 02:04 AM
I'm having connection issues, but so is my Skype and other online things. I'm thinking game guard may be doing something to my system and kicking the crap out of my network card.

As for the teleporting. Mobs are client side but players avatar's are server side when a mob is attacked with any location altering attacks, the server checks the location of the player to the mob and often causes it to force-update the mobs location causing teleportation.